[Suggestion] Putting bleed back on Rifle

in Warrior

Posted by: Cometknight.9473

Cometknight.9473

Rifle use to have bleed on its Auto attack[Fierce shot]. It was taken off for reasons and then given a slight damage buff instead. imo If this change is brought back it would bring it rifle back up to par with its other wepons. I believe you would see more use in game types other then just killshot builds. I find rifle to be fun/challageing but it often gets trumped by longbow and sword in terms of condi/damage output. With the new Advances that have been add,I. E condi cap raised and the new Berserk spec incoming, I believe its time to relook at rifle and reAdd bleed to the auto attack. Plz and thx

Edit: now that im home again i can add a few more things

5 lvl80 Warriors……..and counting

(edited by Cometknight.9473)

in Warrior

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

Nerfing a weapon that was ignored was not a smart move to begin with. Putting Bleed back does not make it any better. Also the more we ask for improvements the more the weapon gets nerfed. Mark my words. Rifle will get nerfed again.

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

If you run rifle you run power,theres no point for a bleed that will tick for 50dmg/sec.Cripple would make more sense,aka sword autoattack.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

If you run rifle you run power,theres no point for a bleed that will tick for 50dmg/sec.Cripple would make more sense,aka sword autoattack.

putting it on par with ranger’s long bow would make more sense. cripple on every shot would be a tad ridiculous.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Warrior

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

Rifle AA is a joke TBH. Number 1 problem with this range weapon is how short the range is. The enemy is either within range for melee or out of range for rifle. That is why LB is still more popular.

Increase Rifle range to 1200 for starters and maybe it can get some play time.
Make AA baseline spreadshot like a shotgun. It serves like low damage cleaving weapon and rewards the warrior for extra damage should we close the gap.

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

putting it on par with ranger’s long bow would make more sense. cripple on every shot would be a tad ridiculous.

On every 3rd hit obviously.

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I do think they right to remove the bleed on rifle as lb really is the condi ranged weapon for warriors. However, warrior don’t really have the tools to make rifle work well in pvp. Yes killshot can get u some spike damage but overall the damage is a bit low

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

I agree that the rifle auto-attack and weapon skills in general need a buff… better velocity, better utility, something.

The Killshot gimmick has always held rifle back, because anyone can point to that and say “look at that damage!” Despite the fact that pulling off a Killshot in real PvP too risky to have any value, and it really doesn’t add much to PvE when pulling greatsword and spamming 100b does better DPS.

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I would like to change skill 2 to a short duration Daze and have it deal bonus damage when you interrupt. Maybe add reduced CD when you interrupt to the rifle trait. It would have synergy with existing traits and make it a more skillful weapon.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Now that they’ve added burning to longbow autoattack it’s definitely the condi ranged weapon, so there’s no going back to bleed rifle. It wouldn’t make sense to have two ranged condi weapons.

I’d say just buff the rifle’s autoattack power coefficient a little.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rizu.7806

Rizu.7806

Rifle AA is a joke TBH. Number 1 problem with this range weapon is how short the range is. The enemy is either within range for melee or out of range for rifle. That is why LB is still more popular.

Increase Rifle range to 1200 for starters and maybe it can get some play time.
Make AA baseline spreadshot like a shotgun. It serves like low damage cleaving weapon and rewards the warrior for extra damage should we close the gap.

Rifle range is 1200…

in Warrior

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Removing the bleed was a clear nerf to Rifle and one that it didn’t need.

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

In a pure damage spec it was actually a dps increase

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

In a pure damage spec it was actually a dps increase

No it was not. The bleed base damage wasn’t compensated by any of the changes. Even after the condi scaling changes I doubt it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Any hybrid weapon is kind bad unless you can stack 25 might (and even then pure damage weapon will still outshine them). The reason is quite simple: Ferocity.

If power damage wouldn’t scale with power times precision times ferocity, you would see much more build variety. Hybrid weapon and you want to go full glass cannon? Get Power + Precision + Condition Damage.

Right now it is: Hybrid weapon and you want to go full glass cannon? Well just like any other weapon Power + Precision + Ferocity.

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaoslord.5439

Chaoslord.5439

Perhaps if piercing was a standard attribute of the rifle vice needing to trait for it it would be more viable. The current trait choice’s require forgoing Warrior’s Sprint if you take Crack Shot to get piercing. I previously ran both of these traits under the previous system a felt rifle was at least viable with piercing. The rifle would still lack the utility of longbow but give warriors some options beyond a single target. The Crack Shot trait could retain the cool down reduction and add an additional bonus such as a damage bump, attribute bonus, bleeding, etc.