Suggestion: Reduce Stance Recharge 60 secs

in Warrior

Posted by: Hugh The Great.9367

Hugh The Great.9367

I find that stances have an incredibly long recharge time of 60 seconds.

Who else wants stance cool down to be reduced?

I’d like to suggest-a trait that reduces stance recharge times by 20%-just like the trait that reduces signet recharge time by 20%.

What does everyone else think?

(edited by Hugh The Great.9367)

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Stance cool downs are pretty good. You got Balanced Stance at 40 seconds, for 8 seconds of stability, 10 if traited. Thats 20-25% up time just with that. Also Swiftness.

Berserker’s Stance is incredibly powerful, 8-10 seconds of no condition worry at all. It’s basically a 2X Endure Pain against Condition builds but has to be put up prematurely.

Endure Pain is a 4-5 direct damage negator. Now, it doesn’t give complete invulnerability like other skills like it, but it has a shorter cool down than them and lasts longer.

Frenzy, like other Quickness skills has a pretty long cool down. Still, it can be a 6 or 8 second 50% damage boost. You take 25% more damage as a trade-off, speeding the fight up for you by 50% but only speeding it up by 25% for your foes. 60 second cool down isn’t unreasonable. While Ranger’s Quickening Zephyr can be reduced to 48 seconds, and Engineer’s Elixir U to 40 seconds, they don’t have as much damage as a Warrior. Maybe it could be reduced by 5 seconds but I think it’s fine

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

Second this, their base cd is fine but they really need a trait that provides the option of 20% cd reduction, probably in the Defense or Discipline Master Tier.

I play both Guardian and Warrior, and in WvW at least Guardian Shouts are superior to any utilities a Warrior can slot. A 20% cd reduction still wouldn’t make Stances the equivalent of Guardian Shouts, but would get them close enough.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Yes, the stances trait should reduce cd not add like 2 seconds.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I’d like to suggest-a trait that reduces stance recharge times by 20%-just like the trait that reduces signet recharge time by 20%.

Stances? MOST Warrior utilities have god-awful recharge lengths. There are only 2-3 skills with reasonable lengths on them.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Stances? MOST Warrior utilities have god-awful recharge lengths. There are only 2-3 skills with reasonable lengths on them.

They are also almost the only skills we use LOL.

Nobody bothers with Physical Skills, no matter how much they try and promote them.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

As only a single example, my main is a Thief, and seeing Bull’s Charge after using Scorpion Wire for so long is absolutely disgusting. Significantly weaker effect + twice the recharge.
Granted, Thieves have significantly less ability to exploit that gap close + knockdown; most Thieves consider Scorpion Wire horrible still, whereas Bull’s Rush at least gets use from Greatsword warriors. But less range and doubled recharge? No way.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

in Warrior

Posted by: dargosian.2704

dargosian.2704

As only a single example, my main is a Thief, and seeing Bull’s Charge after using Scorpion Wire for so long is absolutely disgusting. Significantly weaker effect + twice the recharge.
Granted, Thieves have significantly less ability to exploit that gap close + knockdown; most Thieves consider Scorpion Wire horrible still, whereas Bull’s Rush at least gets use from Greatsword warriors. But less range and doubled recharge? No way.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scorpion_Wire
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bull%27s_Charge

More damage too though, and that’s a 2 second knockdown you’re talking about. I don’t see how that’s not essential for a CC warr. Plus, if there’s a stealth field around they’ll never know what they got charged by; might as well be a bull ;D

I don’t play thief though, so with regards to the effectiveness of Scorpion’s Wire in combat, I’ve no idea; it may or may not be as good as Bull’s Charge.

Threadmancer, trollgineer, hecklementalist, and warrior. Forum warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Scorpion Wire would be reasonable if the game didn’t contain those kitten invisible sneaky boulders that cause “Obstructed” in the middle of a perfectly flat field.