Suggestion for tank warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: willy.5789

willy.5789

Hello everyone!
Can anyone suggest me what weapons, skills and traits I should use in order to make my warrior a real tank? Also, should I do it now (59 lvl) or wait to get to 80?
Thanks in advance!

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Roll a Guardian.

Warriors don’t have the fancy self-healing abilities, nor Aegis or Protection that a Guardian has.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Roll guardian, pretty much

in Warrior

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

I run soldier armour (5 pieces can be purchased from Orr temples with karma jugs you have collected along the way and the helm you can buy from dungeons or WvW tokens).

I use healing surge, 3 shouts (shake it off, for great justice and on my mark) and signet of rage.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|7.1n.h1e.9.1n.h1l|2.1n.h1a|1c.7x.1c.7x.1c.7x.1c.7x.1c.7x.1c.7x|4u.d1i.1n.67.1n.67.1n.67.1n.67.1c.67|a5.0.u18b.u18c.0|3t.1|0.0.0.0.0|e

This is my traits/gear/food/etc – I need more ascended to complete the move to solider gear – but I hate fractals so I will buy it with WvW tokens or laurels.

I find it rather tanky and I down heaps of wvw players so the damage isn’t bad (I run bloodlust sigil also so I have extra power from that).

I sometimes run GS and sword/warhorn when I want more mobility or rifle when I am hunting thieves.

There are some definite improvements I can make but solider armour, trait setup and shouts are reasonable starting point for you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Havidos.9328

Havidos.9328

Don’t listen to those “Guardian” comments. I can out tank them any day of the week. Give this build a try:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIEQNAseUjkOJvNPuQ4wBE0DrILuCThfI9gMGw0A;TYAqsMZJyymlLLZWA

As for Weapons go with Sword/Shield from AC Dungeon (Pwr/Tough/Vit)
As for Runes go with Superior Rune of the Soldier
As for Sigils go with “Crest of the Soldier” in both
As for Accessories go with “Soldiers Field Guide” use “Crest of the Soldier” in it
As for Rings go with “Soldiers Rings” use “Crest of the Soldier” in it
As for Amulet go with “Soldiers RIngs” use “Crest of Soldier” in it
Use “Loaves of Raspberry Peach Bread” which gives you an additional +80 Vitality, +60 Toughness

If you have Ascended items later on, those will obviously replace the lower exotics.

Use that stuff and you’ll be fine. Keep a Rifle, GS and Warhord in your inventory for times when you need to switch stuff out. I run with Sword/Shield then Rifle for alt weapon.

Warriors are the best class in the game for a tank. We have the highest health pool out of all the classes. Remember that more Toughness protects you from physical blunt attacks (swords, axes, arrows,etc) where as Vitality protects you from Damage over time effects and keeps you alive longer.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM me anytime.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Yeah… no.

That’s not how it plays out in reality where most of us live and game. Health pool means nothing without the means to mitigate damage and replenish your health.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Don’t listen to those “Guardian” comments. I can out tank them any day of the week. Give this build a try:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIEQNAseUjkOJvNPuQ4wBE0DrILuCThfI9gMGw0A;TYAqsMZJyymlLLZWA

As for Weapons go with Sword/Shield from AC Dungeon (Pwr/Tough/Vit)
As for Runes go with Superior Rune of the Soldier
As for Sigils go with “Crest of the Soldier” in both
As for Accessories go with “Soldiers Field Guide” use “Crest of the Soldier” in it
As for Rings go with “Soldiers Rings” use “Crest of the Soldier” in it
As for Amulet go with “Soldiers RIngs” use “Crest of Soldier” in it
Use “Loaves of Raspberry Peach Bread” which gives you an additional +80 Vitality, +60 Toughness

If you have Ascended items later on, those will obviously replace the lower exotics.

Use that stuff and you’ll be fine. Keep a Rifle, GS and Warhord in your inventory for times when you need to switch stuff out. I run with Sword/Shield then Rifle for alt weapon.

Warriors are the best class in the game for a tank. We have the highest health pool out of all the classes. Remember that more Toughness protects you from physical blunt attacks (swords, axes, arrows,etc) where as Vitality protects you from Damage over time effects and keeps you alive longer.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM me anytime.

The ironic thing is that this above isn’t even the best way to be tanky on a warrior, while also being laughably much, much worse than a guardian.