Superior Runes

Superior Runes

in Warrior

Posted by: SerBastian.3691

SerBastian.3691

Hey, all, I finally got my exotic gear and I am having trouble deciding on whether to pick up superior runes of Krait, Undead, or Lyssa, or a mixture. I run a sword/shield and long bow condition/tank (even thought, I know there is no such thing as a traditional “tank” in this game) build, with full Apothecary armor (toughness, condition damage, and healing) and trinkets. If I didn’t put enough information, just say so. I’ll be happy to get into more of the specifics.

Superior Runes

in Warrior

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Krait period. I assume you do shout-heal. You can loose the 2 in arms, and instead use fast hands with Krait.

Superior Runes

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I wish people would specify where they plan to use these builds. Please say PvP.

Superior Runes

in Warrior

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Well, I would assume “full Apothecary armor” means WvW as these are not available in sPvP.

But either sPvP or WvW a shout-heal conditional build is better served using Krait, which allows him to use fast-hand.

Unless he is not shout-heal….. which then I would recommend lose the “Apothecary armor” and go full dire.

Superior Runes

in Warrior

Posted by: SerBastian.3691

SerBastian.3691

Yeah, sorry, I am a shout heal. And, I do plan on doing WvW, sorry, for not including that also. I am totally new to these forums, so I wasn’t sure what to put. And, thanks for the help.

Superior Runes

in Warrior

Posted by: RagNoRawk.3625

RagNoRawk.3625

I would strongly suggest trying out sword offhand instead of shield. It is such a good condi damage tool. It has a block with a shorter cooldown than shield block (and yes, it blocks more than one attack as long as you aren’t too close to the enemy) as well as having the brutal 4 skills which is a ranged attack that applies 5 stacks of torment which can damage a moving target for over 14k. It is seriously 2gud.