Superior rune of the Traveler

in Warrior

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

Howdy! Has anyone switched from using Ruby Orbs to the Superior rune of the Traveler? I’m curious as to whether this would be a improvement or not. The runes are far from cheap so casual experimenting aint a option. Thank you!

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

I don’t see why you would. You can get the speed bonus from elsewhere and everything else is lackluster.

in Warrior

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

i wouldn use them because of what yaki said.

rune of the traveler is great for mesmer who have ver limited options for swiftness.

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Considering that we get a base 50% uptime on Swiftness from Signet of Rage and the fact that you can easily get Warrior’s Sprint, I don’t see any reason to even consider Rune of Traveler for Warrior.

Unlike some professions, Warrior doesn’t get a +25% movement speed signet, so a lot of the appeal of Rune of Traveler is lost.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Signet of Rage with boon duration runes is better.
Keeps up swiftness AND fury/might almost indefinitely.
Or at worst get warrior’s sprint.

in Warrior

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

For unlimited out of combat swiftness you can just use Signet of Rage + a backpack warhorn. All you have to do is Right Click -> Equip the warhorn, hit 4 then Right Click -> Equip the original weapon (repeat every 15s).

For unlimited in combat swiftness I prefer to use Signet of Rage + Signet Mastery + Furious Speed. Furious Speed also works with creeps out of combat.

No need for Warriors Sprint or Traveler Runes…

in Warrior

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

The only reason to get Traveler’s is the 6t speed bonuses.

Makes little sense on warriors that have mobility (GS, Sword) swiftness (SoR, warhorn) and even passive 25% speed increase trait (Warrior Sprint) – which doesn’t stack with runes bonuses so there isn’t even the option for a 50% passive speed increase.

Other 5 buffs are lackuster. 1,3,5 are Dinivity ones. Might aswell use those – even if they’re overrated too.

It’s not a bad set – just useless for a warrior.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Warrior

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

I’m conducting a bit of an experiment right now and am building a full set of Celestial gear with a very hybrid-oriented build. When deciding what runes I should get, I figured I had two choices: Divinity, or Traveler. Here’s the thing about Traveler:

Boon Duration is FANTASTIC. I think people seriously underestimate this stat. Considering how much might and fury you should be pumping out, 15% boon duration can actually provide a LOT of damage. If you invest heavily in your boon duration tree (which I do), then getting a base 45% boon duration is pretty freaking sweet.

Condi-duration, however, is not so much. If you’re a hybrid, you don’t need much duration, as it doesn’t add that much damage. If you’re a full condi-spec, then you don’t get very much out of traveler runes, and should seek a different rune set.

The speed bonus is pretty negligible. 25% is not a bad bonus, but we have so many means of getting swiftness (a 33% speed increase) that we can have 100% uptime when we need it, and we can just get a 10 point trait if it’s really that important to us.

Overall, I COULD see getting Traveler runes for the 2 rune bonus, especially if you were stacking it with other +boon duration runes for about +75% boon duration, but anything past that feels like a waste unless you’re going into some sort of crazy hybrid build that will get you laughed off the forums (like I am :P).

in Warrior

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

I do use 4 traveler in my WarriorCondi Build along with 2 Mad King on full celestial armor. This is only to achieve 100% Condi duration.

the 15% boon duration is just icing on the cake.

in Warrior

Posted by: Caino.7130

Caino.7130

I started using these runes a while back on my Sw/Sh Hammer build 0-10-20-0-30
I love using stances, so in disc I use vigorous focus for adept and I can then have Destruction of the empowered for my master. (average of 6/9% increased damage)
25% movement speed ALL THE TIME.
Also not having to use SoR+warhorn for moving round the map is good because
a) my SoR will always be ready for combat
b) as well as being a huge quility of life thing not having to equip WH from swiftness every 15sec ^^
With the amount of boon strips in the game its not reliable to count on SoR for swiftness (besides anything apart from solo roaming I will have ress banner equiped anyway)
+ 15% boon duration + 6% crit dmg AND +30 ALL stats!
Personally I love these runes and have served me well.
+ Makes golems go 25% faster all the time

rank 500+ Piken / Rank 60 PvP
Warrior – Teined
Guardian – Nomoreroomformyname

(edited by Caino.7130)

in Warrior

Posted by: Nuorus.8415

Nuorus.8415

The only reason to get Traveler’s is the 6t speed bonuses.

Makes little sense on warriors that have mobility (GS, Sword) swiftness (SoR, warhorn) and even passive 25% speed increase trait (Warrior Sprint) – which doesn’t stack with runes bonuses so there isn’t even the option for a 50% passive speed increase.

Other 5 buffs are lackuster. 1,3,5 are Dinivity ones. Might aswell use those – even if they’re overrated too.

It’s not a bad set – just useless for a warrior.

When you choose Traveller runes you can replace that speed trait with some useful trait (making that trait almost as the T6 bonus reward) and you wont need to have a melee weapon to proc the speed bonus.

So basicly 6 traveller runes = you can choose any other trait from the certain traitline to replace the running speed trait and which btw only works with melee weapons while rune one doesn’t care.

Traveller runes = awesome for hybrid warriors. And hybrid warriors are WvW roamers. Not PvE or Zerging. Can do but wont be the best of the best of the best of the best.

Feel free to argue with me. You learn something every time and it develops your personality.

People seems using word “trolling” out of context way too often…

in Warrior

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

Thanks for the input folks!

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”