Supposed upcoming changes to the warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-warrior-podcast-adrenaline-rising-episode-3/
25:10

This is why Cleansing Ire is a bad trait.

Blinds/Cripple/Chill/Immobilize.. are horrible now.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

On paper I like some of the moving-around that’s been done with the traits, but when you think about it a little it’s really a veiled nerf. Two of the +damage traits we take for granted are put into inaccessible GM slots while Desperate Power is swapped to make up for it, except that Desperate Power is only effective at low health (I suppose the devs know their audience well) whereas Berserker’s Might and Heightened Focus are pretty much always useful.

H focus is usefull but in pve it really isn’t needed hitting 90% crit chance is pretty usual without the trait at all and I think without it and just going for beserkers power would still be the stronger choice 30/25/0/0/15 would probably be most optimal now and really you only need 15 in disc for fast hands, I would’ve liked to see that as the lvl 5 minor trait but eh oh well.

@killa, desperate power isn’t that great at all in either PvE or PvP. Since being bursted from 50% hp can happen in many cases.

with my above and if all changes are correct you would be able to get dual wield slashing power and beserkers power on top of 300 power, and scholar runes would be another 10% which undermines desperate power.

I’m mostly a WvW type player that runs a tankier build so the renewed Desperate Power would actually be pretty good. Going from 50% HP to 0% doesn’t happen very often for me unless 3-4 people decide to blow every cooldown on me for some apparent reason. But in zerg vs zerg fights this can be useful. Even in PvP I don’t get bursted down that fast. It is only bad if you are a glass cannon.

You could go 30 in strength, but going that route kittens survivability alot while only putting 10 into tactics is such a minor investment which gives you alot of room to put other traits and not be a slave to adrenalineThis probably doesn’t matter in PvE and Desperate power probably sucks for PvE, but I am not a PvE player so I could really care less.

Then again, it does provide the opportunity for a really high greatsword burst build going 30/0/0/10/30 or something like that in PvP.

yeah 30/0/0/10/30 is probably going to be a better PvE build aswell, as for pvp im not sure beserkers power is that worth taking because of the high investment 20/20/0/10/20 would give you gs might stacking alot of % modifiers to the gs and mobile strikes. I am going to miss my current 10/30/0/030 build :/

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

20/25/0/10/15 nerfed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

So we can’t, the problem is still there…

1 BLIND will ruin it because it removes the conditions after we lose adrenaline (meaning after it hits.)

It won’t do anything against blind…

The funny thing is..for whatever reason i don’t have problems with blinds. Maybe bc i don’t faceroll keyboard i don’t know..if ur blinded press 1. The olny time its can affect u is while casting skill, but if u used ur burst when u got closed to ur target its was a mistake as in many cases they simple just dodge away, block, blind or whatever.

Lol if you don’t have problem with blinds then you must be playing straight hot join with rank 5-10’s. Anyone that pvps at all knows that blinds are EVERY WHERE, tossed onto weapon attacks, utility skills, elites.

You clearly don’t pvp. If you even pvp in the slightest, you will know that thieves literally spam blinds, with no cool down, d/p thieves spam blind fields and a blinding shot, not to mention most thieves run blind on stealth every 3 seconds, necros plague form spams blinds for 20 seconds, well of darkness spams blinds, guardians SPAM blinds, there’s plent more but I’m not going to sit here and list them. not to mention these effects are AMPLIFIED with multiple classes in group. Blinds are slapped onto ridiculously low cool down or no cool down skills without any thought.

So if you don’t have a problem with blinds you obviously do not pvp.

Ur right. I don’t pvp and i spam evis, killshot, bullrush and other important stuff like mad under blind. The olny time u can say blind is strong is when blind was well timed – its meant u got outplayed. Do u complains about aegis too, or shelter? I can go on and tell how lame it is talking about blinds, but i don’t care. Some ppl just wants 5k regular hits, 10k hp/sec, perma protection up, immune to chill+cripple+blind and..well its waste of time. Every class suffer from blinds, why warriors should be different? A good players will adapt to changes, the bullrushfrenzylol combo ppl will have harder time. The olny thing im afraid is torment.

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Two traits:

“Cleansind Ire” and “Building Momentum”

These two traits need triger without contact.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

It needs to be done as you use your skill, tbh.

Or a trait needs to be put in:

Cure Cripple/Immobilize/Blind/Chill when you use a burst skill.

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

So we can’t, the problem is still there…

1 BLIND will ruin it because it removes the conditions after we lose adrenaline (meaning after it hits.)

It won’t do anything against blind…

The funny thing is..for whatever reason i don’t have problems with blinds. Maybe bc i don’t faceroll keyboard i don’t know..if ur blinded press 1. The olny time its can affect u is while casting skill, but if u used ur burst when u got closed to ur target its was a mistake as in many cases they simple just dodge away, block, blind or whatever.

Maybe you should try real pvp.

Sure, if u playing on EU i can duel u if u wish, and prove me how bad i am.

EU? … ehm lol.

I guess you don’t play much SPVP, your warrior with that pictures setup could not even push my necro past 75% health

HGH engies and necros are actually easier thing to kill for me. And i beated many of them that was rank 40+ in tpvp. Feel free to ask me for tips how to play warrior, going to sleep now anyway so gn. Also i bet my mace/mace TROLL build can own ur warrior anyday anytime.

You should contact Teldo about getting in on those tourney duels. I need a good laugh.

Actually, why not ask Teldo for a duel and frap it?

Till you do that, I don’t think anyone would take you owning bad engies seriously. You didn’t think that spvp ranks reflect skill rather than time played glory farming, did you?

(edited by XII.9401)