Survivability as Zerk

Survivability as Zerk

in Warrior

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

Hey everyone,

I’m new to warrior (level 31 so far), and I am having a blast with it so far. Not going to lie, I made a warrior just for a norn female in a thong with tier 3 armor, and just happened to really like the class as I got into it.

I’ve had a fair bit of experience in dungeons where I play a full zerk mesmer and a tankyish ele. I’ve seen some zerk warriors who totally own in dungeons and having them present made a VERY noticeable difference in how fast bosses went down. On the other hand I’ve seen zerk warriors where we spent the whole dungeon picking them up off the floor.

I was just curious, those of you who do run full zerk what do you do to stay alive? Is it just a matter of simply dodging appropriately? Is there a particular heal that is better than others, utilities that help you stay alive? As a mesmer I can run full zerk because there are tricks to stay alive such as blurred frenzy, invulnerability, etc. Since I’m new to a warrior I’d like to get some ideas how you make zerk work for you in dungeons.

…aaaaand is it viable in WvW, or does that require a different spec?

Thanks for the pro tips in advance!

Survivability as Zerk

in Warrior

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Save everything for exotics until you tested yourself in full rares.

Wear rares for 2 weeks and then decide which stats fits you better before you get any exotic

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Survivability as Zerk

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

full zerk what do you do to stay alive? Is it just a matter of simply dodging appropriately? Is there a particular heal that is better than others, utilities that help you stay alive?

…aaaaand is it viable in WvW, or does that require a different spec?

Staying alive in PvE is a matter of knowing what bosses you’re up against and dodging. I like Stamina Signets passive, +50% dodge regen. Use a Greatsword for damage. Some bosses you cant melee, use Rifle. Against trash mobs, Greatsword hundredblade them into oblivion before they can down you.

Staying alive in WvW is a matter of distance and mobility. Zerker Rifle Sniper Warriors, or Longbow AOE Siege Warriors work well. Melee not so much. Most important here is situational awareness, you need to be able to feel the flow of battle (retreat, advances, standoffs, etc). Use your superior mobility to always stay where you need to, at the fringes of enemy zergs and near your allies, right around the 1200 range mark. Anything fast enough to catch your SW/WH with a headsart probably isnt gusty enough to be on the front lines chasing you.

Sword/Warhorn for large battles where being caught means getting insta death zerg steamrolled, and Sword/Shield for small skirmishes.

In both WvW and PvE, your OhShi- button is Endure Pain, 4 second invul. Balanced stance is a different kind of OhShi- button, to break stuns, stability against CC, and swiftness for mobility.

For healing, probably healing surge, it’s the best “burst” heal. You’re too glass for healing signet to be much use, and against condi builds it’s kill or be killed in the first 7 seconds, so mending’s not helpful esp. if you’ve also got stamina signet.

6 Surge
7 Endure Pain
8 Stamina Signet
9 Balance Stance
0 Fury Signet