Sustain Utility Idea

Sustain Utility Idea

in Warrior

Posted by: Lord Titan.3791

Lord Titan.3791

Just something myself and several others were thinking about that could slightly help with sustain without making x trait line mandatory, while also preventing unkillable “Bunker” warriors from emerging.

(Insert Skill Name Here)
Stance: Harness your rage to sap the life from your foes.

Life-steal based on adrenaline.
Stage 1: 5%
Stage 2: 10%
Stage 3: 15%

Duration: 10 seconds.
Cooldown: 60 seconds.

Is affected by poison.

I feel that this would be overpowered but would also provide more dps oriented warrior the means to stay in fights longer.

Titan [PAXA]

Titan/Mr Brains

Sustain Utility Idea

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

Because warriors need more incentives to not use their class mechanic.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

Sustain Utility Idea

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

Because 10 seconds out of everyminute would cause this right?

Le sigh

Didn’t know spamming a supposedly situational skill for Condition removal was a good mechanic either.

Titan/Mr Brains

Sustain Utility Idea

in Warrior

Chaosbroker.3860

The problem with our class mechanic is that our traits push us towards being passive in it’s use. For most weapons our class mechanic comes down to “fill this bar”. At least Cleansing Ire (I’m assuming you’re referring to) encourages a more active use of adrenaline which is how the class should have been designed in the first place.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood

Sustain Utility Idea

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

And your saying that a 10 second utility that benefits off of higher adrenaline as well as staying on target and getting off continuous damage wouldn’t encourage more active play as well as better managing your cooldowns/adrenaline usage?

Titan/Mr Brains

Sustain Utility Idea

in Warrior

Posted by: Oreoginal.1580

Oreoginal.1580

I really like the idea of this but I don’t think the Devs are a great fan of Warriors keeping their adrenaline stored. With the recent patches and the introduction of Cleansing Ire, it’s quite clear that they don’t want us keeping our adrenaline at 3 bars.

However, an easy fix would be rather than making it a somewhat passive skill, why not make it active? Adding maybe an F2 skill which consumes your adrenaline and gives you a certain amount of life steal (depending on how much adrenaline was consumed) for a certain amount of time.

This effectively gives us our much needed sustain but also works with our class mechanic in a non overpowered way.

Note: This is not a “sit on a full bar” mechanic btw.

Parmesan Stick – 80 Warrior – Kaineng
Build: http://tinyurl.com/gw2build-parmstick
YouTube: http://tinyurl.com/YT-gw2parmstick

(edited by Oreoginal.1580)

Sustain Utility Idea

in Warrior

Chaosbroker.3860

They don’t want us sitting on adrenaline and yet they leave Berserker’s Power, Heightened Focus and Adrenal Health in their current state. I’m defenitely not saying that warriors don’t need sustain … I mean hell I went and made https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Morale-A-Secondary-Mechanic/first#post2353672. I just don’t feel that another “sit on a full bar” mechanic is how to do it.

The issue with cleansing ire isn’t with the trait itself, it’s with how warriors access their adrenaline. With more options to utilise it in different ways rather than 1 extra attack per weapon, we might start to become less one dimensional class mechanics wise.

Edit Also apologies if I came across a bit caustic in my other posts, hadn’t had my coffee yet.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood

Sustain Utility Idea

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

I really like the idea of this but I don’t think the Devs are a great fan of Warriors keeping their adrenaline stored. With the recent patches and the introduction of Cleansing Ire, it’s quite clear that they don’t want us keeping our adrenaline at 3 bars.

However, an easy fix would be rather than making it a somewhat passive skill, why not make it active? Adding maybe an F2 skill which consumes your adrenaline and gives you a certain amount of life steal (depending on how much adrenaline was consumed) for a certain amount of time.

This effectively gives us our much needed sustain but also works with our class mechanic in a non overpowered way.

Better yet keep it a utility but adapt your idea.

(Insert Skill Name Here)

Life-steal based on adrenaline. All adrenaline is used upon use.

Is affected by poison.

Titan/Mr Brains

Sustain Utility Idea

in Warrior

Oreoginal.1580

Better yet keep it a utility but adapt your idea.

(Insert Skill Name Here)

Life-steal based on adrenaline. All adrenaline is used upon use.

Is affected by poison.

Yeah keeping it a utility might be better for balance reason.

I completely support this idea. It gives Warriors sustain but at a cost of a utility slot.

Sustain Utility Idea

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I hate it.

I’d much rather see something like I posted earlier:

Adrenal Health
Whenever you earn 1 or more strikes of adrenaline, you heal a small amount, the equiv of 1 tick of regen.

Sustain Utility Idea

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

I hate it.

Adrenal Health
Whenever you earn 1 or more strikes of adrenaline, you heal a small amount, the equiv of 1 tick of regen.

No argument.

15 chars

Titan/Mr Brains

Sustain Utility Idea

in Warrior

Oreoginal.1580

I hate it.

Adrenal Health

No argument.

15 chars

Why not both? Make one a trait and the other a utility.

Sustain Utility Idea

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

Gaining life off of adrenaline gain and life steal are completely different. Whats to stop people from popping SoF or BS and gaining massive amounts of health?

Titan/Mr Brains

Sustain Utility Idea

in Warrior

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

i always wonder why dont anet just change the stances to replace f1,f2,f3 etc( Like frenzy which gives 15% speed increase and 15% damage taken).
We would be able to switch stances to suit our needs instead of using them and only be useful for that 4-5 secs.