Sweet Revenge

Sweet Revenge

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

this master tier major trait is too weak.

the original version:
Sweet Revenge
“Vengeance has an increased chance to rally.”
Percent: 100%

i propose a buffed one:
Sweet Revenge
“Vengeance has an increased duration and increased chance to rally.”
Duration: 60 s

discuss!

and after some feedback by Huggybear, a revised one:
Sweet Revenge
“Vengeance can be activated immediately after entering the downed state. Vengeance has an increased duration and increased chance to rally.”
Duration: 60 s

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

Sweet Revenge

in Warrior

Posted by: Huggybear.9237

Huggybear.9237

In a WvW clash, it is more likely you get stomped before you can get to use Vengeance. This trait offers no support whatsoever to the Warrior.
Better if it was:

Sweet Revenge
“Vengeance WHEN DOWNED AND has an increased chance to rally.”
Duration: 15 s
Cool Down: 20 s

Sweet Revenge

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

In a WvW clash, it is more likely you get stomped before you can get to use Vengeance. This trait offers no support whatsoever to the Warrior.
Better if it was:

Sweet Revenge

thanks for the feedback!

i forgot about this.

yes, make it so that this trait allows warrior to activate vengeance immediately after being downed.

Sweet Revenge

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Agreed. Would be pretty good!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Sweet Revenge

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

This would be OP as hell… I mean come on, you basically have an instant high HP respawn upon getting downed, it is like having the engineer AED but constantly…

I like the original idea of having an extended duration. Still, 60 seconds seems long, 30 would be more like it (that’s already double duration). It would at least mean your opponent has a harder time just ignoring you for 15 seconds for the kill.

Still, I wouldn’t take it over DotE or Vigorous Focus.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Sweet Revenge

in Warrior

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I would propose to buff it by giving ability to cap points when under vengeance. In spvp the story is short – you go into vengeance, enemy kites you 15 s, done.

At least now opponent will be forced into fighting you, unless he wants the point to get decapped right in front of his eyes.

Sweet Revenge

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I have a better idea. Delete vengeance completely and give warrior something new that wont kill him cus heart attack/other bs.

Or at least make us return to downstate instead of dying. After all its on a really long cd.

Sweet Revenge

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Better if it was:

Sweet Revenge

thanks for the feedback!

i forgot about this.

yes, make it so that this trait allows warrior to activate vengeance immediately after being downed.

That would be so broken for sPvP and pretty much any PvE fight as well where most fights occur 1v1.

Sweet Revenge

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

IMO, Sweet Vengeance should be more like:

Activates Rampage
Same duration
Same rally ability

Sweet Revenge

in Warrior

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Sweet Revenge is great. If you don’t have high enough DPS to kill someone in the frame of time it offers, don’t take the trait. It only sucks if you’re full Soldier’s and can’t kill someone before you die in which case it’s your fault not the trait’s. I run full zerk in WvW and this trait has saved me countless times. I don’t think it needs to be changed at all.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Sweet Revenge

in Warrior

Posted by: Huggybear.9237

Huggybear.9237

This would be OP as hell… I mean come on, you basically have an instant high HP respawn upon getting downed, it is like having the engineer AED but constantly…

I like the original idea of having an extended duration. Still, 60 seconds seems long, 30 would be more like it (that’s already double duration). It would at least mean your opponent has a harder time just ignoring you for 15 seconds for the kill.

Assuming that Vengeance can be used before you get stomped, then maybe we can consider using this. Then when you hit Vengeance, you go down immediately because the HP is so low that condi and AA can down you almost immediately.

How about using something like the GW1 skill?

“Rally back to life at full Health for 30 seconds. When the rally ends, you are defeated. There is a 100% chance that your character will rally and lose the effect when killing a foe while in Vengeance. "

Sweet Revenge

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Assuming that Vengeance can be used before you get stomped, then maybe we can consider using this. Then when you hit Vengeance, you go down immediately because the HP is so low that condi and AA can down you almost immediately.

How about using something like the GW1 skill?

“Rally back to life at full Health for 30 seconds. When the rally ends, you are defeated. There is a 100% chance that your character will rally and lose the effect when killing a foe while in Vengeance. "

Sounds pretty good to me, though it would require a significant internal cooldown.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.