Switching from Guardian to Warrior (roaming)

in Warrior

Posted by: Animosity.5968

Animosity.5968

Im swapping from guard to warrior for solo roaming because guardian atm NEED traveler runes to be effective (they lack mobility and soft cc to stay on ppl). Which trades your % rune modifiers hoelbrak, strength, flame legion etc for passive movement speed. I was all gung-ho for it until i came to the warrior forums and saw alot of "dont play warrior, its nerfed beyond belief..*Guardian does same dps but with boons too* " The guardian vs warrior interruption has thrown me off a bit. Is warrior actually in that bad of a spot (roaming only) ? I really want to have mobility, be able to 1v2 and be able to burst someone down fast. Can warrior still do all of this effectively or should i look elsewhere?

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Warrior is in a good spot in groupfights. But in duels/solo roaming you get roflstomped by any half decent player, i wont even mention 1vx at this point unless it a group of noobs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

Roll a Warrior to level 2 and hit the PvP lobby and see for yourself, unless you have a team or a Guardian removing Conditions off you – you will be melted by pretty much any DPS, and out lived by tanks and healers!

in Warrior

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well people tend to be pessimistic when it come to a once shiny profession like warrior. But the real issue is that people tend to stick to some builds that have been proven to be strong and don’t try anything else. So if i ’ve had to answer your question :

Can warrior still do all of this effectively or should i look elsewhere?

I’ll say, Yes they can. Should you look elsewhere? I think you got, with guards a good experience on how to build your toon, you won’t have access to the shiny focus burst but you can definitely do something that hit hard, have a good survivability and a good mobility.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Warrior

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Are you a good player? Than yes it can be done

Are you one to normally post on forums complaining about things being OP? Probably not you will be back here soon saying the warrior is useless like a lot of bads are currently doing on this forum

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Warrior is in a good spot in groupfights. But in duels/solo roaming you get roflstomped by any half decent player, i wont even mention 1vx at this point unless it a group of noobs.

That really depends on the player controlling the warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

That really depends on the player controlling the warrior.

Are you trying to imply that warrior can come out victorious no matter what they run in?

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

nothing can 1v2 against opponents of similar skill level except burst thief. warrior has a bigger variety of working builds for roaming than guardian and isnt in a bad spot overall.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

At these point, asking these kinda things with these Warrior comunity looks like asking “Should I unistall the game or not?”

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

The transition from Guard to Warrior is pretty much about learning good habits. Need to land telegraphed skills because Warrior doesn’t have much instant cast other than fear me.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: TheDuck.4526

TheDuck.4526

I’ve been alternating between Mediguard / Warr in sPvp since release.

Warrior gameplay is far more engaging than Guardian gameplay IMO. Good guardians are marked by how well they can time their active defenses at key moments. Good warriors are marked by how effectively and reliably they can time their CC chains / burst combos.

The decision is really up to you. If you prefer a more aggressive, weapon centric playstyle, pick warrior. Seriously, their weapon choices are WAY more interesting.

If all else fails, watch some videos to decide which is more pleasing to you. There are plenty of entertaining ones in this subforum.

in Warrior

Posted by: neptunechild.4831

neptunechild.4831

Warrior is hands down one of the best roaming classes.
Hammer/GS meta is the current meta, providing you with great mobility that guars lack.
You can check out famous Ham/Gs twitchers such as Shinryuku_ku or TapDatMouse and decide for yourself. They both are amazing Ham/Gs roamers.

in Warrior

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Stay with your guardian. if you want mobility roll thief instead of warrior thief roamer is far better than warrior