Sword Axe build?

Sword Axe build?

in Warrior

Posted by: NaotsuguLH.8915

NaotsuguLH.8915

Is there any good build for GS/ S/A? I really love Sword/Axe for some reason. I’m in love with it. Is there any good build for it?

Sword Axe build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Not really because it’s low damage and low utility. If you like it then by all means, go for it. But sword is a hybrid weapon with the only really good physically damage skill being final thrust, and axe is terrible as an offhand but really good as a mainhand weapon.

Now if you were to change that to axe/sword it would be another story.

Sword Axe build?

in Warrior

NaotsuguLH.8915

But Sword/Axe 5….. Okay I’ll try Axe/Sword

Sword Axe build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Pyrophobia.6592

Pyrophobia.6592

Trust me dude, axe off-hand does not hold up to the others. If your going to duel- wield then try one of these:
Axe/ sword
Axe/ mace
Sword/sword
Sword/ mace- maybe, not to sure about that one.

Sword Axe build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Trust me dude, axe off-hand does not hold up to the others. If your going to duel- wield then try one of these:
Axe/ sword
Axe/ mace
Sword/sword
Sword/ mace- maybe, not to sure about that one.

I use a Sw/Mace build in PvP, it can hold its own and can set up some nasty burst.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Sword Axe build?

in Warrior

NaotsuguLH.8915

I tried it, and honestly I’m not a fan of Axe/Sword. Is there a reason why Axe/sword is so good?

Sword Axe build?

in Warrior

Posted by: typographie.1742

typographie.1742

I tried it, and honestly I’m not a fan of Axe/Sword. Is there a reason why Axe/sword is so good?

Axe auto-attacks do extremely high damage per second, axe 2 applies crucial Vulnerability, and sword 5 is a relatively low-cooldown block that is occasionally useful in a swap set.

Sword Axe build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Axe off hand is terrible. I understand that its fun to spin but its bad….

WHY?

Reason 1.

Axe main hand attack chain (chop,double chop, triple chop.) does 3 times more damage than AXE 5 whirling Axe in the same amount of time.

Reason 2. Axe 5 has a cool down and axe chain doesn’t

Reason 3. PVP/WVW AXE 5 is 15X5 which means it hits 5 enemys 75 TIMES that means you will kill yourself if you AXE 5 into a zerg who has RETALIATION or if you are inflicted with CONFUSION. While doing NO DAMAGE.

THAT IS WHY AXE 5 IS BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Sword Axe build?

in Warrior

Posted by: sHArkY.6914

sHArkY.6914

If you really want to play that combination, try this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNAsXTjMdUGajHWhQHiglgC5nXBnj5AoAUFFpeBA-TZBBwAfeAAkLDA4UA45IAEb/BA

the axe in the offhand adds the needed damage you are missing with the sword in the mainhand.
Plus the constant bleeding can work pretty good.

Not always so negative against other ideas of builds xD

Sword Axe build?

in Warrior

Posted by: tboneking.2531

tboneking.2531

Reason 3. PVP/WVW AXE 5 is 15X5 which means it hits 5 enemys 75 TIMES that means you will kill yourself if you AXE 5 into a zerg who has RETALIATION or if you are inflicted with CONFUSION. While doing NO DAMAGE.

THAT IS WHY AXE 5 IS BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Well confusion wouldnt hurt you per hit. But youre spot on with retaliation.

Offhand axe probably doesnt have too much synergy with sword, but I have fun with Axe/Axe. Being able to burst, instantly refill your adrenaline bar and swap to your other set and use your burst is pretty incredible, and its pretty useful for hitting stealthed opponents who are fleeing you when youre right on top of them. Its also really good against opponents who blind spam. Also useful for ruining shatter mesmers clones before they can burst you (dont do this against a condi mesmer though you WILL die). And never use axe 4. But yeah you CAN use offhand axe, as long as you accept that the skills do NOT increase your dps and use axe 5 based on the situation.