Sword/Shield - GS build (WvW)- comments?

in Warrior

Posted by: Konyth.9156

Konyth.9156

Q:

I am a bit of a lurker on the forums, but am looking for advice about a proposed build. I have an aesthetic preference for sword/shield, so I am trying to make it work in WvW. I don’t generally solo, and only sometimes join the zerg, but usually run with a small guild group (2 to 3 others). Basically, I am looking for a balance- acceptable spike and condi damage, with decent regen. It is basically celestial plus travelers:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIEQNAseRjkOxuxQWQMxBE0DNsKEwThkI9QMCj1A-jUCBYjDZkAJREBCjJfFRjtMsIasqaER1qbYWzp2eeIaSB8t0I-w

Thanks for your advice,

Konyth Telamarth
Vitalis Accord
Sanctum of Rall

in Warrior

Posted by: Scar.1793

Scar.1793

don’t take celestial it can look cool but you’ll end up being good at nothing.
Try mixing some berserker/knight stuff so you’ll get a decent attack power/crit chance + toughness which is very useful in sPvP. So I suppose in WvW it’s also good.

Flurry+100b is a very nice combo too.

in Warrior

Posted by: Traitine.8713

Traitine.8713

Having no ranged in WvW always bothers me. How do you/anyone else contribute to a keep defense with pure melee? Hit-and-run or some other clever tactic?

80 Warrior – Akallos Traitine
www.ConstantWarfare.com

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

Having no ranged in WvW always bothers me. How do you/anyone else contribute to a keep defense with pure melee? Hit-and-run or some other clever tactic?

Yea pretty much, I run out earthshaker the guy in the ram and go ape sheeeet and run back in then repeat, it usually creates more chaos than just shooting someone slowly from the wall

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

You just do your job (stay with hammer and wait for command to engage something) and let ranged do ranged job. Getting caught in combat with 1 weapon set wasted for ranged weapon is bad.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Switch weapons?

And yes, I run sword-shield/greatsword for roaming. My advice is to go full power, no condition dmg. Final trust is so tasty. Build up adre, flurry insta switch for 100b, whirlwind, rush, sword leap, new flurry and final trust. Only thing surviving that is a tanky guardian and they’ll have to blow everything for it.

ps.: thiefs will absolutely hate you, they get wrecked by this, absolutely wrecked. I killed 49 jade sea thiefs in eb today in less than an hour :p oh the rage.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Traitine.8713

Switch weapons?

And yes, I run sword-shield/greatsword for roaming. My advice is to go full power, no condition dmg. Final trust is so tasty. Build up adre, flurry insta switch for 100b, whirlwind, rush, sword leap, new flurry and final trust. Only thing surviving that is a tanky guardian and they’ll have to blow everything for it.

ps.: thiefs will absolutely hate you, they get wrecked by this, absolutely wrecked. I killed 49 jade sea thiefs in eb today in less than an hour :p oh the rage.

I’ve been trying GS instead of rifle. I really like the rifle, and I hate going fotm stuff, but it ha been fun. I’m also trying out a Naga for the first time, so it has been a challenge so far. I’m definitely not owning thieves yet…

www.ConstantWarfare.com

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

if you try to spike and condi, why GS…

sword/ shield longbow is the weapon set for you my friend.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Traitine.8713

Bow looks absurd on a warrior to me. Makes me laugh. Just can’t bring myself to use one no matter how OP it is.

www.ConstantWarfare.com