Sword+Sword Bleeder: Feedback Wanted

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

So, I like many warriors have attempted to make a sword+sword build. Every time I ended up discounting it as a pointless idea because of how many builds have passive condition removal. After last patch I decided to revisit the idea and ended up having a surprising amount of success.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAscTjcO1wBPuQMxBCThicekkpQe1D7Un4A-TsAg1CqI8R5jzHjPSfsjNCYVxsCA

Strengths: The ability to apply 25 stacks of bleeding in a few seconds, with each stack dealing at least 100 damage a tick. With Flurry and Pin Down you will also find yourself applying tons of immobilizes. Because you will be gaining adrenaline so fast you can constantly spam Flurry and Combustion shot which means you’ll be applying burns that deal around 550 a tick, for a grand total of around 3k HP a tick (…I think, me and math aren’t friends). While these stacks as I mentioned earlier are easily removed by several builds, because you apply them so often and so fast they will probably have all the stacks for several seconds before removing them. Builds that have poor condition removal will be chewed to pieces very quickly. What’s nice about Flurry is that you always get that 8 stacks of bleed even with 1 bar of adren. Another strength is that most players aren’t used to facing this kind of build, they are used to hard hitting but predictable GS/Axe builds. All of the sword attacks activate fairly quickly and aren’t as obviously telegraphed as other warrior skills. Also, dual swords looks cool.

Weaknesses: No sustainability. I have Signet of Stamina so that there’s at least a CHANCE that if you get hit by a big burst of conditions you have a chance to wipe and survive long enough to take them down first. The big weakness are builds that have a massive amount of condition removal. Your best chance is that you apply the bleeds and burn fast enough or keep them in combustion shot while kiting them and switching to sword to apply a fast Flurry+Impale combo. Even then, you may be better off retreating.

I can’t decide if it’s worth having that 30 points in Discipline, or if I should invest in another 10 points in Power for Dual Wielding and the extra condition duration. Rune wise I do think that the 5 Krait runes fit perfectly.

I have also made a tougher variant with a shield.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAseTjcO1wBPyQMxBCkCsclzjkMFyrUYn6A-TsAAzCpIaS1krJTTymsNNCYVxsCA

Similar concept, only you will be applying much less bleed, also doesn’t look as cool as dual swords. Save your shield stance for situations like a mesmer’s Illusionary Duelist spike and watch as the phantasms kill themselves or killshoting warriors dealing 7k+ damage to themselves.

I’m not 100% satisfied with either of these builds so any feedback would be great. I’ve tried using berserker ammy instead of rampager but the DPS actually seemed to be less and halved the bleed tick damage.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

I think the only way for a bleed condition build to work is:

1.Being able to escape while bleeding target: Thief
2.Applying it regularly with no need to close in: Engineer. You have to close the gap, engineers just keep shooting you the whole time so its a constant bleed on you. Also, they have lots of other conditions to help with it.
3.Introducing a new mechanic: You AND your group gets healed X% for the amount of damage you do via bleeds. Introduce bleeds on ranged weapons more effectively to have it up all the time.

The only warrior builds with condition damage in an mmorpg that I ever saw working effectively was using option 3.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

2.Applying it regularly with no need to close in: Engineer. You have to close the gap, engineers just keep shooting you the whole time so its a constant bleed on you. Also, they have lots of other conditions to help with it.
3.Introducing a new mechanic: You AND your group gets healed X% for the amount of damage you do via bleeds. Introduce bleeds on ranged weapons more effectively to have it up all the time.

The only warrior builds with condition damage in an mmorpg that I ever saw working effectively was using option 3.

Well, the advantage warriors have over thieves and Engies is the insane amount that you can apply. Ripost applies 6, Pin Down 6, Impale 4, Flurry 8, and lets not forget the stacks from perks, runes and sigils. I don’t think any other class can stack 20+ faster than a warrior can in addition to burning. I’ve been simply overwhelming classes with bleeds and have been winning a decent number of 1v1s and more importantly been a big help in team fights where I can constantly cover a capture point in flame making things very unpleasant for the enemy, unfortunately this means I get targeted down more often where with a normal GS build they may go for a guardian first.

Escape is also possible while bleeding because I have a Earth sigil on my bow, Savage leap out of range then kite till you can leap in again and apply another bleed spike.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

XII.9401

I agree with you with the bow. But that is one bleed attack on a 25s cooldown.

You need to close the distance with your sword to apply it. In the end you only apply one or two condition types which aren’t hard to cleanse in high end spvp where everyone has solid condition removal. Riposte doesn’t work on a ranged attack.

Engy’s and necros apply variable conditions and not just one type and are ranged when applying them. I would suspect a nade engy applies more pressure than the longbow warrior on a capture point.

Engys are all about range and what they do is just go through the nades and then switch to pistol so they always have their conditions up. Not to mention that they have two blocks and good cc.

I’m sure your build is effective but I have a hard time believing a competitive tourney team will pass over other classes with similar builds -or other builds- for the build.

Who knows? Longbow might be the big thing for warriors and you just got the ball rolling.

(edited by XII.9401)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ferawyn.6542

Ferawyn.6542

Longbow autotack has two shots, longbow 2 has three . If you use a high crit build, the arms tree bleed traits and a sigil of earth you get nice bleeds from lb 1 and 2 (use point-blank) as well.
Still, I think longbow is stronger in a power/crit build using the conditions as bonus. If you go 30 deep in arms and trigger signet of range you get 475 conditon damage without sacrificing anything in a power/crit build.

Riposte: Yea, meele-only sucks. How about using the reflect-on-block trait? Then you could use sword offhand from some distance. Then jump in with 2 and 3 and if he evades and tries to kite, you can already switch back to longbow. (Just throwing in the idea, I didn’t test this).

@OP: Why do you use Berserker’s power in a condition build? If I’m not mistaken it only apllies to direct damage.

(edited by Ferawyn.6542)

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Longbow autotack has two shots, longbow 2 has three . If you use a high crit build, the arms tree bleed traits and a sigil of earth you get nice bleeds from lb 1 and 2 (use point-blank) as well.
Still, I think longbow is a little stronger in a power/crit build using the conditions as bonus. If you go 30 deep in arms and trigger signet of range you get 475 conditon damage without sacrificing anything in a power/crit build.

Riposte: Yea, meele-only sucks. How about using the reflect-on-block trait? Then you could use sword offhand from some distance. Then jump in with 2 and 3 and if he evades and tries to kite, you can already switch back to longbow. (Just throwing in the idea, I didn’t test this)

Ripost is good for thieves, they stealth, you pop it and they either attack and get bleeds or don’t and you get some time for skills to recharge. As for the easy of removal, because of how often Combustion and Flurry come off CD you’ll be reapplying them as soon as they get removed.

I tried Zerker because I thought I should try it as a direct damage build with bleeds as a side bonus. Sword’s damage is sub par however and the only place it shines is applying bleeds.

Just an angry old man…

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in Warrior

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Imo shield is infinetly better than sword offhand, I can’t wonder why engies even use offhand pistol because thier shield skills are imba.

Also shield has a leap finisher which can combo off longbow firefield with mega fire shield of doom. Seriously what’s the point of a 2nd sword besides looking maybe 90% cooler? Not to mention after you block a thief backstab-2222222222222222222 skill combo you can stun him, pop haste and flurry.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Well, the advantage warriors have over thieves and Engies is the insane amount that you can apply. Ripost applies 6, Pin Down 6, Impale 4, Flurry 8, and lets not forget the stacks from perks, runes and sigils. I don’t think any other class can stack 20+ faster than a warrior can in addition to burning. I’ve been simply overwhelming classes with bleeds and have been winning a decent number of 1v1s and more importantly been a big help in team fights where I can constantly cover a capture point in flame making things very unpleasant for the enemy, unfortunately this means I get targeted down more often where with a normal GS build they may go for a guardian first.

Escape is also possible while bleeding because I have a Earth sigil on my bow, Savage leap out of range then kite till you can leap in again and apply another bleed spike.

hehe the insane stack of bleed that can get removed easily and hard to apply back again and only work on single target 2 at most

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Lighter.5631

Still, I think longbow is stronger in a power/crit build using the conditions as bonus. If you go 30 deep in arms and trigger signet of range you get 475 conditon damage without sacrificing anything in a power/crit build.

Riposte: Yea, meele-only sucks. How about using the reflect-on-block trait? Then you could use sword offhand from some distance. Then jump in with 2 and 3 and if he evades and tries to kite, you can already switch back to longbow. (Just throwing in the idea, I didn’t test this).

@OP: Why do you use Berserker’s power in a condition build? If I’m not mistaken it only apllies to direct damage.

its not like other classes can`t use sigil of earth.
warriors can get 20+ bleeds so easy with these but its capped at 25,only at the beginning of the fight, easy to remove and not easy to apply back again . while other profs doing good amount of bleeds constantly

“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Posted by: Ferawyn.6542

Ferawyn.6542

its not like other classes can`t use sigil of earth.

True, but warrior can get 33% chance for bleed on crit with a trait. With longbow autoattack you get the change twice per attack and there is no cooldown as far as I know.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to recommend a condition/bleed build for warrior at all. – Personally I use longbow in a power/crit build as I stated above but even then the bleeds will tick for 65 or so (300 condition damage from 30 arms, 165 from signet of rage) which is a nice bonus.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

hehe the insane stack of bleed that can get removed easily and hard to apply back again and only work on single target 2 at most

….With Burst Mastery it ISN’T hard to apply again which is what the build does. Typically at the start of the fight you can apply 20-25 stacks, when they get removed a fews seconds later you’re back up to 10+ typically. I suggest trying the build before discussing the ease of applying the conditions.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Lighter.5631

….With Burst Mastery it ISN’T hard to apply again which is what the build does. Typically at the start of the fight you can apply 20-25 stacks, when they get removed a fews seconds later you’re back up to 10+ typically. I suggest trying the build before discussing the ease of applying the conditions.

10+ and get removed again cool. ive been using dual sword lb condition build in tpvp i know what im talking about. do youÉ

-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Need a grandmaster trait for bleeds increasing resistance from condition removal effects for bleeds. 25-50% would be my guess. I.e. Mortal Wounds - XIII - reduces the chances your bleeds will be removed by 33%.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

(edited by ArtemisEntreri.4138)

in Warrior

XII.9401

10+ and get removed again cool. ive been using dual sword lb condition build in tpvp i know what im talking about. do youÉ

Oooh a canadian! rare sight indeed.

in Warrior

Posted by: djtool.8372

djtool.8372

The longbow + s/s build I’ve used in pvp was 0-30-30-0-0 (10). It works ok but folds easily when pressured. I recommend bulls charge for knocking them down after creating the fire field on them.

in Warrior

Lighter.5631

Oooh a canadian! rare sight indeed.

what make you think that i’m a Canadian. ignorant people is ignorant

-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I find this to be fun against people that are specced into cleansing conditions because they’ll have more than they can possibly get rid of, but sword sword is ultimately useless for anything other than occasional trolling.

in Warrior

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

I’ve tried the longbow earth sigil high crit build in wvw even stacking condi duration and it doesn’t work very well. Too unreliable. And dual swords in a condi build suffers from warrioritis just like everything else when we don’t run cookie cutter no way too sustain ourselves during the course of a fight.

in Warrior

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

(edited by ArtemisEntreri.4138)