Sword in Power Build?

Sword in Power Build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I really like using 1H sword. But is it worth using in a power build yet? The full Final Thrust damage doesn’t seem any more than just using Volley + Kill Shot on my rifle, so what purpose should I use sword for?

Sword in Power Build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

I’ve run sword in a power build. It worked just fine, but its damage pales compared to the axe/greatsword. I regularly had crits on Final Thrust into the mid 4ks but my axe chain hit for 2k on crits. Having said that, it’s a great weapon for mobility/control.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

(edited by Veritas.6071)

Sword in Power Build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Billy.1879

Billy.1879

you hit real fast and I can do like 11k final thrusts after 50%. It’s pretty dope

Sword in Power Build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

you hit real fast and I can do like 11k final thrusts after 50%. It’s pretty dope

11k on anyone who doesn’t weair proper gear and isn’t 5 years old. you can probably hit 11k against a clone of yourself, which is why you give pathetic numbers.

It actually hits about as hard as an eviscerate for axe. Sword board is never and probably won’t ever be a viable main weapon build. In the time it takes for you to pepper them to death with little sword pokes, you could do that much in 3 hits with burst damage from a hammer. Sword should be used mainly as a 40-60percent with whatever other weapon you use to dps. Mainly hammer or axe or w/e gives better damage output. Sword still isn’t that great for a followup kill. The final thrust animation takes ages to cast and the target should be stunned or imobed for it to work reliably.

Sword in Power Build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Vortex.3712

Vortex.3712

i can do 10k total with rip and final thrust but i do see a flaw to final thrust its animation time is way to slow.

Sword in Power Build?

in Warrior

Posted by: zoran.4826

zoran.4826

11k is pretty weak I’ve had it hit for 15k on cof last boss. Players with full toughness have less ac than monsters. And in cof your scaled down to 75. 10k+ with rip. still I think axe is better as a main hand for dps but sword beats mace for an offhand

Sword in Power Build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Superkav.5012

Superkav.5012

I can’t even combo the shield stun into Final Trust, which has a 3/4 cast time – and the stun is one sec (unless you run sigil).

Sword in Power Build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Danny.3825

Danny.3825

Is the sword better than Mace in the OH?

Sword in Power Build?

in Warrior

Posted by: zoran.4826

zoran.4826

If traited 30/25/0/0/15 swords offhand instant ranged 15second bleed on a 15 second cool down and can rip it for 10k+ crits. Seems better dps than offhand mace and the bleed keeps the 10% dammage from precision tree. Keeping in mind it’s more important to not interrupt the axe auto

Sword in Power Build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

Well if you look at numbers alone for a single chain then yeah the sword does less damage than the axe in that regard. However with the change in the axe chain each individual hit of both weapons hits more or less for the same amount. In addition, the new sword chain is fast and will complete 2 cycles by the time the axe finishes one.

In terms of direct damage this still puts the axe ahead slightly thanks to it’s final hit but the sword has the secondary damage of the bleeds to consider. It works as a power weapon and frankly, it did before this patch dropped.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”