TRAIT QUESTION: Full ranged Warrior...

in Warrior

Posted by: eXs.6210

eXs.6210

So I just got to lvl 71 with my full ranged warrior… I have rifle and longbow, I’m not interested in playing any melee weapons… So far, to get here I used full strong/zerker gear with balanced accessories. At lvl 80 I plan on wearing 3 zerk armor pieces, 2 knights and 1 valk. I mainly played PvE so far but when I get to level 80 I want to do WvW more and dungeons to some degree. Now that you know the background, onto my question… so far my traits are 10/30/0/0/20 (fairly standard I think up to this point)… now here comes my question… next 10 points… where should I put them? My choice is 10 in tactics/vitality for 1200 longbow range and additional survivability or getting discipline to 30 (10% more crit dmg, more KS dmg, and less adrenaline used for KS)…

so what should I do???

10/30/0/0/30
-or-
10/30/0/10/20

Suggestions are welcome! Thank you very much!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

I’d prefer 10/30/0/0/30 just so Long Bow’s adrenaline issue can be kinda fixed..

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

eXs.6210

I was leaning towards 10/30/0/0/30 more… but… I haven’t noticed longbow’s adrenaline issue so far… what is it??

in Warrior

Schwahrheit.4203

Most of your Long Bow dps comes from F1 to be honest. If that becomes spammable its pretty godly in PvE.

in Warrior

eXs.6210

oh ya man, F1, arching arrow, fan of fire combo is legit for AOE damg man… PvE especially, that combo on a glass cannon warrior at the very worst takes off 80% of hp from mobs… I also love how fast longbow picks up adrenaline… legit…

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Every time I see a purely ranged warrior I think….. “Why? Just…. Why?”

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

I would go 10 tactics for longbow in WvW, so both Combustive and Arcing Shot are at the same range (1200). Combustive directly followed by Arcing Shot is awesome for WvW siege defense.

But for full range warrior in WvW I would not go for Rifle + Longbow because you’re lacking mobility (no gap closers). Instead I would go Rifle + Sword / Warhorn for mobility. You can switch to Longbow for siege combat by swapping your weapons from the inventory.

See this thread for further discussion: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Guide-to-Run-and-Gun-Build-for-WvW/first#post955753

in Warrior

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

Because some of us are rerolled rangers who want to pew pew with bows and guns and not be kittened by their pets who are supposed to make up a good portion of their dps and utility but erm… don’t.

in Warrior

eXs.6210

Because some of us are rerolled rangers who want to pew pew with bows and guns and not be kittened by their pets who are supposed to make up a good portion of their dps and utility but erm… don’t.

Precisely… That’s me… I really wanted to play a Ranger… I really tried but pets are just awful in this game… They would be OK if they were just a bonus, and even then, a rather weak one too… But as an essential class mechanic, pets pretty much kill the Ranger class… I then tried engineer ranged… Even worse… I got into the 40s with my ranged thief but realized that daggers are so much better for thief that playing him ranged was not viable… You were forced to play melee thief… His ranged damage is justt too low to justify how squishy he is…

And that is how I ended up playing a warrior = the only halfway viable ranged class in the game… I really really wanted to play a Ranger but this is as close as we’ll ever get to one… So yea… This is my rerolled Ranger… Hence the reason for full ranged warrior… Because ranged characters in this game are simply awful compared to melee…

in Warrior

eXs.6210

Teg, so why would I want gap closers? Shouldn’t I try to stay as far away as possible so I don’t get hit?

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I don’t understand why someone would not want to take advantage of the only way warrior can combo field on there own….

Combustive shot + Whiling Axe = mass deaths in WvW zerg play…

Anyways I would go 10/25/10/10/15

10 Strength – Berserkers Power
25 Arms – Deep Cuts + Crack Shot
10 Defense – Embrace the Pain will fill your adrenaline up fast if u are taking damage.
10 Tactics – Stronger Bowstrings
15 Discipline- Signet mastery mainly for signet or rage to Cool it down faster.

I have a similar build
10/20/10/10/20 and I use mobile strikes but since your not using any melee weapons you don’t need that.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

teg.1340

Teg, so why would I want gap closers? Shouldn’t I try to stay as far away as possible so I don’t get hit?

Of course! You have to kite a lot and kiting is extremely hard without any gap closers like Leap. You can use Leap both for chasing and for escaping your enemies.

Leap is also very handy to get you into the right position for shooting your enemy. You can jump to points which are hardly reachable for other professions, e.g. jump on stones, roofs or over holes.

Kiting decent players is nearly impossible without Sword or GS.

in Warrior

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

All depends on what exactly you’ll do. For large scale WvW, I ran some 30 power 30 crit 10 vitality build. (if with longbow, trait the extra range, with rifle trait the immobilize on cripple). Was great fun and insane damage. 1v1 was possible too, use rifle then when they are low finish with weapon swap + arcing arrow. But for serious small scale fights, semi-defensive melee is much more effective.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kyma Grey.9410

Kyma Grey.9410

Tried it, according to your playstyle. For Wv3, you lack mobility with 2x ranged weapons. http://is.gd/OmSyDL

No mobility in Wv3 is like a death sentence, no chance to escape dangerous encounters 1vs2 or 1vsZerg :), so that´s why i´v added Bull Charge, gives you at least some way of escape, but don´t rely on that one, once crippled and thanks the 40s CD on BC its The End for you in Wv3.

If you like to “explore” alone, you need more mobility. If that´s not case, and you like to follow the zerg, change the Discipline trait line completely and add 30 points into tactics (shout heals, banners, diff. rune remove condition etc.. be more supportive).

http://is.gd/gznRwH

Darkroom JP Annoyance http://is.gd/erW1Ov
AMD 13.×.beta4 Test http://is.gd/mRomyO

(edited by Kyma Grey.9410)

in Warrior

eXs.6210

So for gap closers, what’s better, sword/warhorn or gs?

in Warrior

Schwahrheit.4203

For mobs that have immobilize, you want to de-target bulls charge to escape. Some people think bulls charge is only for melee weapons and can’t be used to escape. Well, they’re simple-minded and hella wrong if they think its the only way to use a decently balanced “I messed up” button whether it be range or melee.

I also recommend rune of energy if survivability is too important.

in Warrior

teg.1340

So for gap closers, what’s better, sword/warhorn or gs?

that depends on what you wanna do. gs has 2 gap closers with a combined total range of 1650. sword has just 1 gap closer with a range of just 600 but on a low cooldown (8s). another advantage of sword leap is that you can use it to jump on places you can hardly reach. e.g. you can jump on stones, roofs or over holes. you cannot do this with gs.

IMO sword/horn is superior to gs as a SECONDARY (mobility) weapon set, while GS is great both for damage and mobility as a PRIMARY weapon.

If you wanna go rifle as your primary weapon, I would recommend sword/horn as secondary.

This is my WvW build:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Guide-to-Run-and-Gun-Build-for-WvW/first#post955753

in Warrior

Posted by: Kyma Grey.9410

Kyma Grey.9410

Personally, i don´t like the warhorn. Looks weird running with something that looks more like the 3rd letter of the alphabet and some of them are fugly.

GS+Rifle imo is the superior one, since you have 2x attack weapons not just the one. Sword / Horn is good for mobility and to snare a target, but has a weak dmg output. GS on the other hand, gives the player more opportunities. You get 2x extra dodges for free (skill 3 and 5, kinda), even if not traited for GS your dps will be beyond 10k (100HB), great pressure tool.

And here is why i think the GS>wins hands down : Skill 4 (with the right traits) is extremely handy (offensive and defensive-wise).

Major weakness with a greatsword, you don´t have perma-swiftness without the runes. With a sword/horn combination + SOR one does not need 2x rune of speed, 2x rune of air and another 2 rune of “i forgot the name”, once can opt for a diffrent rune set.

These are the stats, once i can afford it that is (just for the fun obviously), €dit : rifle with sigil of sup. intelligence, instead of the battle one.
http://is.gd/JdejqG

Darkroom JP Annoyance http://is.gd/erW1Ov
AMD 13.×.beta4 Test http://is.gd/mRomyO

(edited by Kyma Grey.9410)