Tactics Minor Traits

Tactics Minor Traits

in Warrior

Posted by: Garakan.8291

Garakan.8291

Hey Guys!

Since the Tactics Minor Traits are quite lackluster, all revolving around Reviving, i figured we could bring all our Suggestions / Ideas together in one Thread.
Please dont start long Discussions about the Ideas (short Comments are welcome), to leave the Thread as clear as possible.
Heres my Idea:

25 Point Minor Trait:
Every Shout / Banner in a Utility Slot grants the Warrior X Healing per Second.

A small Amount, scaling with Healing Power, would benefit a Support Warrior personally and does fit quite nicely as a Tactics Minor Trait, i think.

Tactics Minor Traits

in Warrior

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Unfortunately, I must disagree. As people are already calling for Healing signets head on the chopping block, we don’t need more of a reason for a thorough nerfing. Anything but more healing.

Gates of Madness

Tactics Minor Traits

in Warrior

Garakan.8291

Unfortunately, I must disagree. As people are already calling for Healing signets head on the chopping block, we don’t need more of a reason for a thorough nerfing. Anything but more healing.

Keep in Mind, Healing Signet is very strong, and the Reason behind People want to nerf it, is because it benefits offensive Warriors a lot.
I dont see anything wrong with nerfing Healing Signet (if the Devs think it is) and therefor increasing Healing where it belongs to, the defensive/support Warrior Builds.
Thank you for your Input.

(edited by Garakan.8291)

Tactics Minor Traits

in Warrior

Garakan.8291

15 Points Minor Tactic:

(Insert Name here):
Whenever you use a Shout, you gain Vigor for 5 Seconds.
Whenever you use a Banner, you gain Vigor for 15 Seconds.

(Insert Name here):
10% Chance to reduce the CD of Shouts by 2 Seconds and the CD of Banners by 6 Seconds when hit.

Numbers are Placeholders to whatever might be balanced.

Tactics Minor Traits

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

The first one is a good minor trait.

15 point: Fight For Justice. When brought to 75% health, you use For Great Justice.

25 point: Empowering Banners. Banners give a boon to allies in range on placement. (Strength: 3 Might for 5 seconds. Discipline: 5 seconds of Fury. Defense: Protection for 5 seconds. Tactics: Regeneration for 5 seconds).

Or if they want to keep with the rezzing theme.

15 point: Protect the Injured. Use “Fear Me!” When reviving an ally. 60 second cool down

25 point: Reviver’s Might. Revive allies 15% faster and give nearby allies 5 stacks of Might for 10 seconds when you revive an ally

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Tactics Minor Traits

in Warrior

Posted by: MasterAbaddon.7839

MasterAbaddon.7839

wow you guys are really creative when it comes to fantasy guild wars

Tactics Minor Traits

in Warrior

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Keep in Mind, Healing Signet is very strong, and the Reason behind People want to nerf it, is because it benefits offensive Warriors a lot.
I dont see anything wrong with nerfing Healing Signet (if the Devs think it is) and therefor increasing Healing where it belongs to, the defensive/support Warrior Builds.

Healing signet ISN’T very strong though.

Pure math wise, it’s only 20% stronger than healing surge, and has no secondary benefit. It’s also really weak against burst damage. The reason people whine about it is that it’s a good counter to conbunkers. It’s basically “Rock: Scissors is fine, nerf paper”.

Nerfing healing signet would hurt PVE warriors a lot more than it would hurt WvW/PVP warriors.

If they nerf Healing signet, I’d like to see a buff to Mending, make it a shout.

(edited by Ahlen.7591)

Tactics Minor Traits

in Warrior

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

20% stronger than healing surge with FULL ADRENALINE (so no healing after having used a burst move with surge), all while having no cast time/no opportunity cost, can’t be interrupted, and an active (that people often ignore) that can save you in a pinch if you are about to die to burning or bleeding so you can safely get ooc without dying. And to get the full “heal-per-sec” from healing surge, you literally have to use it every time it comes off cd AND have full adrenaline AND be missing at least 10k hp… something that will never happen in practice. Since signet constantly heals the small chunks of damage you receive, you almost always get the full hps without having to do a thing. I would go so far as to say practical hps of healing signet is at least twice that of healing surge, without even taking into account opportunity cost or signet active.

And healing surge’s “secondary effect” is completely negligible. If you are playing war effectively, you should almost always have full adrenaline by the time your primary burst skill is off cd. Not to mention if you are using the secondary effect you aren’t getting the full heal.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

Tactics Minor Traits

in Warrior

Garakan.8291

Hey Grok!
Thanks for your Input. Nice Ideas!
Personally, i dont like all of the Revive Tactics, i hope they change them.

How about a 25 Minor Tactics Trait that doesnt involve Healing?

Insert Name here:
Every Adrenaline Bar spend reduces Damage recieved by 3% for 6 Seconds to a Maximum of 9% Damage Reduce.

Pretty much the typical Damage Reduce seen on other Professions, but with a limited Time, cause its a Minor Trait.
Numbers are Placeholders as usual.

Tactics Minor Traits

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

That would be more of a Defense trait. Tactics is more about boons/healing/etc. I like that idea though, would be great to replace spiked armor with.

Adrenal Armor: For each bar of adrenaline you have, gain 3% damage reduction.

Works well with the line considering stuff like Adrenal Health and how Cleansing Ire gives you adrenaline, even though you have to spend it to get the condition removal.

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Tactics Minor Traits

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Put HS on the chopping block then. It does heal for too much (and doesn’t meet the concept of signets either as it has no useful use effect).

Tactics Minor Traits

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Healing signet ISN’T very strong though.

Pure math wise, it’s only 20% stronger than healing surge, and has no secondary benefit. It’s also really weak against burst damage. The reason people whine about it is that it’s a good counter to conbunkers. It’s basically “Rock: Scissors is fine, nerf paper”.

Nerfing healing signet would hurt PVE warriors a lot more than it would hurt WvW/PVP warriors.

If they nerf Healing signet, I’d like to see a buff to Mending, make it a shout.

20% stronger is a lot when you consider that surge requires full adrenaline. It will also be far more than 20% because you will never be using surge perfectly on cooldown. No cast time is also huge. Surge doesn’t give a secondary benefit if you use it at full adrenaline.

Tactics Minor Traits

in Warrior

Garakan.8291

Heres another one:

15 Point Minor Trait:
Every Shout / Banner in a Utility Slot grants the Warrior additional 15% Endurance Regeneration.

Not quite as good as Vigor from Shout/Banners, but still decend for a Minor Trait, i guess.

Tactics Minor Traits

in Warrior

Posted by: PizzaSHARK.2741

PizzaSHARK.2741

The first one is a good minor trait.

15 point: Fight For Justice. When brought to 75% health, you use For Great Justice

Too strong to be a minor trait; all other “if/then” traits are Major traits.

25 point: Empowering Banners. Banners give a boon to allies in range on placement. (Strength: 3 Might for 5 seconds. Discipline: 5 seconds of Fury. Defense: Protection for 5 seconds. Tactics: Regeneration for 5 seconds).

Doesn’t help if you’re focusing on Shouts. Additionally, Banners already provide the best “boons” in the game. Banners maybe need some minor quality of life fixes, but otherwise they’re totally fine.

Or if they want to keep with the rezzing theme.

15 point: Protect the Injured. Use “Fear Me!” When reviving an ally. 60 second cool down

See above.

25 point: Reviver’s Might. Revive allies 15% faster and give nearby allies 5 stacks of Might for 10 seconds when you revive an ally

Drop Battle Standard to revive multiple teammates, everyone gets 25 stacks of Might for 10 seconds. There won’t be any balance problems there.

Tactics minor traits are mostly fine. Reviver’s Might would probably be better if it gave 3 stacks to the person you revived rather than one stack to everyone in a tiny AOE, but otherwise they don’t need any changes.

Tactics Minor Traits

in Warrior

Garakan.8291

So with the upcoming 10th Dec Patch and no real changes in the Minor Tactics, it looks like we are not getting any decend non-Revive Traits in this Line.
I just thought i might took the chance to bump the Thread a last time, and maybe (maaaybe), someone will see it and takes a look at it.
I really do think all the Reviver Traits are too situational and boring.
There could be so much good stuff related to Shouts/Banners.