Talon Deathblade-Hammer Extraordinaire

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

Alright guys. This video was recorded in about an hour of gameplay. It’s a quality test and I realize there’s some parts that need fixing. Still, first video made with a new recording software. It didn’t turn out too bad. For those of you having trouble with warrior, hopefully I can offer some tips in this video. I plan on releasing a thorough frag video later, maybe next week.

Thoughts and comments/feedback appreciated. I do know there were some times where I should have survived had I que’d my heal spell earlier. Hopefully some of you skilled brethren find some hilarity in this video as well.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

I can’t stand game design that requires the player to keep bag open just to swap weapons out of combat for one buff….Anet have done lots of good things but the failed gaming experience with this..

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

I can’t stand game design that requires the player to keep bag open just to swap weapons out of combat for one buff….Anet have done lots of good things but the failed gaming experience with this..

hahaha yeah, well if you think of it, it’s essentially another skill bar. that entire item box. I remember in aion there was 3 skill bars you could put on the side like that. It’s simply a utility and skill many should use.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mijo.3274

Mijo.3274

you’re warrior is awesome good looking, i want that sword and shield OMG!
Btw really pro gaming here, i think hammer is the only way to kill a mesmer for us, i want to ask u a question, why dot you use “fast ground target skill”?

Champion magus, 4 builds i use
R.I.P. my beloved Meh-Mer, the most hated class by ANET itself.
Winner of the first HxH 1v1 tournament! WOOT!

(edited by Mijo.3274)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ozzrel.9825

Ozzrel.9825

Btw really pro gaming here, i think hammer is the only way to kill a mesmer for us, i want to ask u a question, why dot you use “fast ground target skill”?

Double tap does the same thing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Westibone.3985

Westibone.3985

Great video. I played Mesmer as my main for most of my GW2 play time so far, and it just feels so much more satisfying when/if you can win while roaming with a warrior. I’ve been using hammer/greatsword, but I really like the look of sword/shield along with it. Would love to know your build. I currently gear with zerker armor and mostly Cavalier trinkets, which works alright. I’ve been kind of all over the map with my build, though, messing with boon hate, trying various things, etc.

Great video, I look forward to more.

in Warrior

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

Talon my good friend! Great video! ;]
greetings from PRO.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

It’s one of the best. Same with Ranger too, but that class is a sad joke. Props for those in my upcoming vid who still play it because I assure you it’s broken if you wish to deviate from the Shortbow path. Mesmers can also be killed with a mace if you know how. I just prefer hammer because it’s 2 handed, hits extremely hard (although not like a thief), and has great CC. I don’t use Fast ground targeting because I don’t memorize the margins in proportion to my mouse. There are a few moments in here where I aim with the edge of the green AOE and still score a hit. This is imperative if i’m to use it all the time. They have to not expect it to hit them. However, if facing a good mesmer who knows your skill-chains, they WILL kill you, without any problem. That’s how it goes.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Great video. I played Mesmer as my main for most of my GW2 play time so far, and it just feels so much more satisfying when/if you can win while roaming with a warrior. I’ve been using hammer/greatsword, but I really like the look of sword/shield along with it. Would love to know your build. I currently gear with zerker armor and mostly Cavalier trinkets, which works alright. I’ve been kind of all over the map with my build, though, messing with boon hate, trying various things, etc.

Great video, I look forward to more.

Mesmer is the best 1v1 class. It is on the borderline of overpowered. I can’t win against one who’s played mesmer as long as I have warrior. It simply isn’t in the rule book. I can only get them if they’re off guard. There are too many counters to a warrior that many professions have. The classes in order of highest difficulty, regardless of player skill are as follows: Necro (now… the condi stacks they put on are incredible and chill is stupid strong), Engineer (you really don’t need any skill to play this kitten class. Literally given everything ever the devs wanted on a demi-god.), Mesmer if built correctly, and Guardian because they are very tanky regardless of glass spec or not. Reminds me of 55hp monk builds in GW2. You can beat all of these classes, but it is very situational and you will find me running away from most of their battles when I know I cannot win. Simply the strongest classes

Greatsword is quite opposite the prefix of its own name. The only use, as mentioned in that vid, is to roam and cover distance very quickly. You can see how clunky and obvious the animations are and should drop it as a main weapon at any chance. Unless you plan on kiting people across the map with ease (except necros… chill to stronk), then you need to get rid of it. keep it next to your warhorn in the invis-bag Use it for running away.

I’m not going to give away my build by any means. It took work to achieve this build. Self made and it’s the best I’ve played in my 800 hours as warrior. It’s too universal. I will, however, give you some aspects of the build, and some important trait points later on. Get rid of your berserker armor and pick up valkyrie armor with lyssa runes. Start playing with that immediately. Superior sigil of paralyzation must be on your sword and shield. I run sigil of intelligence on hammer for a constant 4-5k every time I swap to it.

Keep trying different builds until you find a happy medium. I probably spent about 5g total resetting trait ponits, about 15x that amount buying gear and runes/sigils/weapons.

Stay tuned and observe play style closely.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

Superior sigil of paralyzation must be on your sword and shield.

The paralyzation bonus does not stack.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil#Static_bonus_sigils

“Static bonuses do not stack with themselves when used on dual-wielded weapons. Two weapons, each with a Superior Sigil of Force, will yield only a +5% bonus to damage. "

You seem built to swap a lot, I’m thinking a Sigil of Battle or Sigil of Energy would be perfect for what you’re doing.

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

(edited by Tetra Bug.7134)

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Superior sigil of paralyzation must be on your sword and shield.

The paralyzation bonus does not stack.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil#Static_bonus_sigils

“Static bonuses do not stack with themselves when used on dual-wielded weapons. Two weapons, each with a Superior Sigil of Force, will yield only a +5% bonus to damage. "

Thanks for the verify. I wasn’t sure and was too lazy to look it up. I know you should only have one active sigil because they’ll interfere and reset eachother even if it’s a diff weapon set. I guess I’ll put a 5% damage or 5% crit then.

in Warrior

Posted by: Johnson.3874

Johnson.3874

Good video, thanks for sharing it.

The only thing that I wish for is to have so little skill-lag as you do. Most of the time it took a good second for my 4th skill on hammer to launch, and this is really game changing.
I’m running with H/AS right now, but I might switch to H/SS after seeing your video. I’m gonne give some thoughts about that.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Good video, thanks for sharing it.

The only thing that I wish for is to have so little skill-lag as you do. Most of the time it took a good second for my 4th skill on hammer to launch, and this is really game changing.
I’m running with H/AS right now, but I might switch to H/SS after seeing your video. I’m gonne give some thoughts about that.

Because the WvW server and makitten o big with all the players, props, skill animations and exlposions, there’s bound to be some latency issues. The only reason this was no persistant in gw1 is because it was all instanced arenas, with a maximum of 16 people in a given server. I do agree. Skill lag sucks, but you can compensate for it with prediction.

If you move to SS make sure you carry that sigil of paralyzation so that your shield bash carries over to your back breaker.

in Warrior

Johnson.3874

If you move to SS make sure you carry that sigil of paralyzation so that your shield bash carries over to your back breaker.

That makes me think about something I heard of, maybe you can confirm it or invalidate it : When you gain a “XX%” bonus to duration, it’s only if the bonus is a full second that it applies.
For instance, shield bash is 1 sec. So adding 15% duration to 1 sec would not make a full second, and thus wouldn’t change anything. I don’t know if I’m clear in my explanations ? Please tell me if I’m not.

Anyway, if that were to be true, it would be meaningless to use the superior sigil of paralyzation, wouldn’t it ? In that case, I think I would prefer to use a superior sigil of hydromancy.

While waiting for your answer, I’m gonna make some tests in the mists.
Thanks in advance for your input

edit : Ok, after some test the %15 stun duration does make a huge difference. I’m gonna run with that then. Thanks for your advice.

(edited by Johnson.3874)

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

That makes me think about something I heard of, maybe you can confirm it or invalidate it : When you gain a “XX%” bonus to duration, it’s only if the bonus is a full second that it applies.
For instance, shield bash is 1 sec. So adding 15% duration to 1 sec would not make a full second, and thus wouldn’t change anything. I don’t know if I’m clear in my explanations ? Please tell me if I’m not.

Anyway, if that were to be true, it would be meaningless to use the superior sigil of paralyzation, wouldn’t it ? In that case, I think I would prefer to use a superior sigil of hydromancy.

While waiting for your answer, I’m gonna make some tests in the mists.
Thanks in advance for your input

It’s not the case. Do testing yourself as I have and you’ll notice that the .15 sec difference is invaluable. It allows you to chain a crippling slash, weapon swap, and then you can even hit with back breaker. I do know that for most conditions, 0 counts as another second because it doesn’t remove when it hits 0, but when 0 goes to practically -1 second. Stun duration stacking is different than boon duration, in that there’s not really a cap time. With condition duration there is a cap time for example. I believe you can’t go over 100% condition duration.

If you didn’t see what I wrote, it’s not a good idea to carry 2 active sigils. this means that hydromancy will conflict with intelligence because of the 9 second cool down that carries over between weapon sets. Swapping won’t reset it. You can test that too for yourself. I do know now that if you have 2 sigils of paralyzation, they don’t stack. You don’t need hydromancy for a hammer and s/sh combo either. You have enough cripples and immobilize to keep them relatively close toward you.

Hydromancy is only used if the weaponset you’re carrying lacks consistant snares/slows (like axe or GS).

in Warrior

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

ohh lord once I got over the giggles from a warrior using bolt and then the 2 Mesmer fights then you drop this golden nugget on me

“I’m not going to give away my build by any means. It took work to achieve this build. Self made and it’s the best I’ve played in my 800 hours as warrior”.

lol ty

in Warrior

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

What do you mean rangers are a sad joke?

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Warrior

Johnson.3874

It’s not the case. Do testing yourself as I have and you’ll notice that the .15 sec difference is invaluable. It allows you to chain a crippling slash, weapon swap, and then you can even hit with back breaker. I do know that for most conditions, 0 counts as another second because it doesn’t remove when it hits 0, but when 0 goes to practically -1 second. Stun duration stacking is different than boon duration, in that there’s not really a cap time. With condition duration there is a cap time for example. I believe you can’t go over 100% condition duration.

Indeed, I tested it after posting, and as you said, it make quite a difference.
Thank you for the detailed explanation!

edit : Btw, I suggested hydromancy because I don’t use intelligence on my hammer. I have a pretty decent amount of crit, especially when I’m buffed, so I dont feel the need to use it, particularly because it is a one-time bonus every 10 seconds (implying I have the trait to reduce duration on weapon swap), and I prefer something more permanent, as I tend to mess it up with the auto-attack T_T

(edited by Johnson.3874)

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Was just about to ask the same thing.

I would kitten all over your warrs face and collect your badges before you even knew what happened.

That being said, fun vid :p

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

ohh lord once I got over the giggles from a warrior using bolt and then the 2 Mesmer fights then you drop this golden nugget on me

“I’m not going to give away my build by any means. It took work to achieve this build. Self made and it’s the best I’ve played in my 800 hours as warrior”.

lol ty

I can help you make one. I’ve got a lot of experience with different builds. Add me in game, you know my char name I may in the future, but right now I don’t want to yet! Can’t make it that easy, gawsh.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Indeed, I tested it after posting, and as you said, it make quite a difference.
Thank you for the detailed explanation!

edit : Btw, I suggested hydromancy because I don’t use intelligence on my hammer. I have a pretty decent amount of crit, especially when I’m buffed, so I dont feel the need to use it, particularly because it is a one-time bonus every 10 seconds (implying I have the trait to reduce duration on weapon swap), and I prefer something more permanent, as I tend to mess it up with the auto-attack T_T

I see. Yeah I could run Hydromancy, but my crit isn’t the most optimum. A lot of people never expect that intelligence backbreaker 4-5k XD. If you are efficient with weapon swaping a lot, which you’ll notice I do quite a bit, you’ll have that sigil proc every time you swap hammer. The sigil doesn’t go on cooldown once the effect its self is used, but the cooldown initiates instead when you gain the effect. For example, as soon as you swap to hammer with the sigil while in combat, you recieve the effect. It is at that moment when it initiates cooldown. This would present problems for a different active sigil in the S/SH because proc sigils will interfere with eachother as I stated earlier. So in clarity, it will take at least 3-5 seconds to use your hammer skills, plus that 5.5? second CD if you have fast hands for weapon swap. You will have more than enough leniency for that sigil to proc every single weapon swap.

You can also test this by simply going into combat, procing intelligence sigil, and then leaving combat. You’ll observe that when you hit with your sword/Shield, that sigil will activate, giving you an immediate crit. Immediately after you see the crit, swap to you hammer and you’ll get another intelligence sigil proc. It’s a highly under rated sigil.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

I would kitten all over your warrs face and collect your badges before you even knew what happened.

Props for those in my upcoming vid who still play it because I assure you it’s broken if you wish to deviate from the Shortbow path.

Read? I tend to play an underdog role in whatever class I play. That means I don’t like using cookie cutter builds. You will find success in using a shortbow/sword warhorn, or some other similar weapon set. Now, can you honestly tell me you’d have the same success with a longbow, solo roaming, against thieves, mesmers, engineers, and even warriors? I highly doubt it. Longbow is a very badly designed, clunky, and slow weapon for Ranger. I hate the idea of having to use a shortbow just to solo roam. I played Aion and the ranger class in that game hit kitten hard with the longbow. That’s how I wikitten was in this game. Also, you have no stability popping utilities. The only skills that help you out in that event are the lightning reflexes. I also observed that immobilize is your weakness. Good luck getting out of that.

So in summary, I say that rangers of the longbow genre are absolutely awful. If you disagree, please, upload an amazing montage to completely prove me wrong. I’ve been wanting to play that class for ages, but that fact keeps stopping me.

Also, I’d totally be down for a duel. I don’t think kitten is the word to describe fecal integrity. I have seen some pretty awesome shortbow rangers. They have 50% endurance regen plus vigor? you’d dodge a lot of my moves sunny, but I’d still put up a fight.

in Warrior

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

ya I’ve done the valk hammer setup a long time ago I’m not a fan. I’m happy for you, that you could scrape together some eb gank footage though.

You play underdog classes and then you cite 6 sentences later the ranger class from aion? waaaaaat?

in Warrior

Puandro.3245

Props for those in my upcoming vid who still play it because I assure you it’s broken if you wish to deviate from the Shortbow path.

Read? I tend to play an underdog role in whatever class I play. That means I don’t like using cookie cutter builds. You will find success in using a shortbow/sword warhorn, or some other similar weapon set. Now, can you honestly tell me you’d have the same success with a longbow, solo roaming, against thieves, mesmers, engineers, and even warriors? I highly doubt it. Longbow is a very badly designed, clunky, and slow weapon for Ranger. I hate the idea of having to use a shortbow just to solo roam. I played Aion and the ranger class in that game hit kitten hard with the longbow. That’s how I wikitten was in this game. Also, you have no stability popping utilities. The only skills that help you out in that event are the lightning reflexes. I also observed that immobilize is your weakness. Good luck getting out of that.

So in summary, I say that rangers of the longbow genre are absolutely awful. If you disagree, please, upload an amazing montage to completely prove me wrong. I’ve been wanting to play that class for ages, but that fact keeps stopping me.

Also, I’d totally be down for a duel. I don’t think kitten is the word to describe fecal integrity. I have seen some pretty awesome shortbow rangers. They have 50% endurance regen plus vigor? you’d dodge a lot of my moves sunny, but I’d still put up a fight.

I don’t use SB in my Ranger build, full melee for me baby! 50% endurance regen doesn’t stack with Vigor btw. Hammer Warriors are nothing new, really the best weapon to use if you solo roam is Hammer + something else. I also don’t advocate any type of Vitality on a warrior due to their high base health as it is.

Nice clips though BTW and i wish you luck!

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

Fights in the video are a bit boring, you don’t really showcase any good opponents. I’m not stating that you don’t know the class, or criticizing your skill as you obviously know what you’re talking about (The only criticism I would offer is in your utility choice which seems a bit odd to me).

What I will say though is that I don’t think this offers much help to those who are struggling against good mesmers, rangers, p/d thieves, engi’s, etc.

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

ya I’ve done the valk hammer setup a long time ago I’m not a fan. I’m happy for you, that you could scrape together some eb gank footage though.

You play underdog classes and then you cite 6 sentences later the ranger class from aion? waaaaaat?

My point is that the longbow playstyle should be a somewhat slow, yet hard hitting weapon. They got one aspect right -______________-

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

I don’t use SB in my Ranger build, full melee for me baby! 50% endurance regen doesn’t stack with Vigor btw. Hammer Warriors are nothing new, really the best weapon to use if you solo roam is Hammer + something else. I also don’t advocate any type of Vitality on a warrior due to their high base health as it is.

I’ve seen some of those as well. It would be nice to have a workable Longbow main though. I guess I’ll give them another year to develop tooltip changes LOL

in Warrior

Puandro.3245

I’ve seen some of those as well. It would be nice to have a workable Longbow main though. I guess I’ll give them another year to develop tooltip changes LOL

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Video-Exploits-WvW-Melee-BM-Ranger/first

My melee video.

And LB has a problem with damage and i don’t see how they could improve it without breaking it. Basically i don’t think it should do more damage then SB does atm for a range weapon and if it doesnt do more damage than SB its pointless.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Fights in the video are a bit boring, you don’t really showcase any good opponents. I’m not stating that you don’t know the class, or criticizing your skill as you obviously know what you’re talking about (The only criticism I would offer is in your utility choice which seems a bit odd to me).

What I will say though is that I don’t think this offers much help to those who are struggling against good mesmers, rangers, p/d thieves, engi’s, etc.

I stated earlier that this was within an hour of gameplay and I got that many frags. It was mainly a test video, but I thought I’d throw in some other stuff like leap spots. Honestly leap spots are a warrior’s best friend. I also mentioned that there’s simply nothing a warrior can do to some of the strong classes at the moment. This includes mesmers, a dumb build like p/d thief, an even more helpless feeling with the Sword thieves… God help you if you ever encounter one of those that know how to use their broken skills. Engie’s are pretty hard too. They’re nearly invincible against any class. I put them up there with demigods.

How is my utility choice odd? Stability is a must when roaming solo. You can get shut down way too easy. It also helps stomp guards, warriors, and engies. FGJ is pretty universal. I can’t find a better utility than that. Perma fury? constant 6 stacks of might? sign me up. You can also use it for a nice health boost if you run the shouts heal build.

Sig of Precision is debatable. I’ve run a couple different ones. One that went well with the shouts heal trait was vulnerability. Once they updated sig of might, I ran that for a while because of the 180 power which is quite nice. Tkittenlockable attacks was nice for hounding a guard, but it needs to be updated to unblindable 3 attacks as well. So I tried out SoP after I watched Matale video. I gotta say SoP is pretty nice. You can use flurry to imobilize an unsuspecting thief, pop it, then slam them with an ES. Learning to use flurry skillfully takes a while though.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Video-Exploits-WvW-Melee-BM-Ranger/first

My melee video.

And LB has a problem with damage and i don’t see how they could improve it without breaking it. Basically i don’t think it should do more damage then SB does atm for a range weapon and if it doesnt do more damage than SB its pointless.

Completely agree. If they removed the stupid damage debuff on auto attack, it would probably be alright. If I shoot you with a bow, no matter how big it is and you’re right in front of me, it would hurt just as bad as if I hit you 1500 yards away. hurrrrr

in Warrior

Tetra Bug.7134

I stated earlier that this was within an hour of gameplay and I got that many frags. It was mainly a test video, but I thought I’d throw in some other stuff like leap spots. Honestly leap spots are a warrior’s best friend. I also mentioned that there’s simply nothing a warrior can do to some of the strong classes at the moment. This includes mesmers, a dumb build like p/d thief, an even more helpless feeling with the Sword thieves… God help you if you ever encounter one of those that know how to use their broken skills. Engie’s are pretty hard too. They’re nearly invincible against any class. I put them up there with demigods.

How is my utility choice odd? Stability is a must when roaming solo. You can get shut down way too easy. It also helps stomp guards, warriors, and engies. FGJ is pretty universal. I can’t find a better utility than that. Perma fury? constant 6 stacks of might? sign me up. You can also use it for a nice health boost if you run the shouts heal build.

Sig of Precision is debatable. I’ve run a couple different ones. One that went well with the shouts heal trait was vulnerability. Once they updated sig of might, I ran that for a while because of the 180 power which is quite nice. Tkittenlockable attacks was nice for hounding a guard, but it needs to be updated to unblindable 3 attacks as well. So I tried out SoP after I watched Matale video. I gotta say SoP is pretty nice. You can use flurry to imobilize an unsuspecting thief, pop it, then slam them with an ES. Learning to use flurry skillfully takes a while though.

Signet of Stamina, Bull’s Charge, Endure Pain

Three skills I’d take well before FGJ! or Signet of Fury.

I don’t understand how this build is really unique though. Hammer and Sword/whatever is super common. It looks like you have some PTV or valks armor armor and Lyssa runes which are pretty kitten common. Lyssa runes aren’t even that good man, you get all boons for a short period and a condition cleanse, yeah but it’s on a 90s cooldown. You can get a full condition cleanse and a passive buff to endurance regen on a 36s cooldown with traited Signet of Stamina. The boons you’re getting? I run with four runes of sanctuary and two rune of water with a traited warhorn. Instead of 5s of protection every 90s I have at least 6s of protection every 30s, with the possibilty of more from converting vulnerability to a boon.

Lyssa runes and empowered spikes are gimmicky and and you can do better than that, think outside the box man. Or, I could be wrong and you have an interesting gear loadout. But you didn’t share that. Or your traits. Why not? What’s the point of this thread then? Hard to give feedback on your build when you’re not telling us anything about it and we have to guess.

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

(edited by Tetra Bug.7134)

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

based on the information given and observing the build I can safely assume the build is as follows.
Valk armor with zerker or knights accessories.
traits:
0 Strength
10 Arms; IV
20 Defense; II, X
20 Tactics; VI, VIII
20 Brawn; VI (not sure on this one but I know its not sweet revenge)
Overall. this is purely a solo build and IMO you might aswell glass it and get more survivability through the fact they gonna be dead before they can react. This build has more sustain but I dont see that sustain being useful for whakittens made for.

I run with four runes of sanctuary and two rune of water with a traited warhorn. Instead of 5s of protection every 90s I have at least 6s of protection every 30s, with the possibilty of more from converting vulnerability to a boon.

how do you get protection? sanctuary gives chill duration/boon duration and warriors have no native way of getting prot. care to explain if this is a typo or am i not getting something here?

(edited by Epic.3950)

in Warrior

Tetra Bug.7134

kitten, meant runes of the earth. With the warhorn trait you can convert vulnerability to protection.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|2.1g.h15|c.1g.h15.g.1g.h4|1n.7o.1g.7o.1n.7o.1g.7o.1g.71h.1n.71h|2s.0.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.2v.0|0.0.u19b.k19.k6a|1k.7|5y.6g.6i.6f.6m|e

This is what I use (Shield Mastery should be merciless hammer and Embrace the pain dogged march, they are broken and kitten up the calculations for Effective Power and EHP)

Basically you gain a ton of survivability for group play, conditions are not a problem. Easily most survivable build I’ve played for warrior.

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Signet of Stamina, Bull’s Charge, Endure Pain

Three skills I’d take well before FGJ! or Signet of Fury.

I don’t understand how this build is really unique though. Hammer and Sword/whatever is super common. It looks like you have some PTV or valks armor armor and Lyssa runes which are pretty kitten common. Lyssa runes aren’t even that good man, you get all boons for a short period and a condition cleanse, yeah but it’s on a 90s cooldown. You can get a full condition cleanse and a passive buff to endurance regen on a 36s cooldown with traited Signet of Stamina. The boons you’re getting? I run with four runes of sanctuary and two rune of water with a traited warhorn. Instead of 5s of protection every 90s I have at least 6s of protection every 30s, with the possibilty of more from converting vulnerability to a boon.

Lyssa runes and empowered spikes are gimmicky and and you can do better than that, think outside the box man. Or, I could be wrong and you have an interesting gear loadout. But you didn’t share that. Or your traits. Why not? What’s the point of this thread then? Hard to give feedback on your build when you’re not telling us anything about it and we have to guess.

Utility skills can also depend on your trinkets. FGJ is just a permanent fury and 6 might stack. It pairs nicely with SoR, giving me permanent fury and constant 11 stacks of might. Bulls charge isn’t needed if you use a hammer. In all honesty, bull’s charge is kind of a garbage utility because my shield bash does more damage, and it’s less predictable. It’s funny you run EP because I can’t see a more useless utility. Good luck getting out of the punishment after they wait for that buff to come off. Shield block is essentially a dumbed down version that doesn’t break stun. SoS is a good utility, however, I don’t use my dodge key all that often. I suppose I could run it as a condition cleanser, but I already run Lyssa as mentioned in my vid. If you don’t run lyssa it would be pretty useful.

You’re correct about the armor set, but there are some modifications. The runes are lyssa, yes I’ve mentioned. You are wrong about Lyssa runes. They go up every time I pop my elite. My elite is on a 48 second CD. My buffs last longer than 5 seconds. Condition cleanse every 48 seconds can save your kitten more times than you know. If it were a 90 second cool down, I think I’d probably run forge runes for the prot at 50%. I think lyssa runes are prefect for warriors because of the reduced sig trait. Now if Anet decided to nurf them….. for some odd reason which I cannot see, then I’d have major issues. You can also use it as a stomp finisher because of the extra stability. So carrying lyssa and Balanced Stance is like having 2 forms of stability.

I don’t see how using lyssa runes are very common. I don’t spvp much, but I’m aware they may be common in an arena. I have only seen one other warrior run lyssa in like 2 months of running this build. So my gameplay seems to say that I rely on ONLY empowered trait to kill people? The spike damage is nice, but the boons aren’t up enough for me to rely on them that much.

The warhorn boon converter is actually a pretty strong build. I’d say that’s more common than lyssa. I don’t claim that it’s unique in any way, but that it’s a kitten strong build for solo players. Of course, I die. Of course I can’t face a 3v1 with people who know what they are doing, but I showed some good examples of using terrain to my benefit. Something a warrior should excel at.

This is an hour of recording. It’s easy to see that it’s a pretty good solo play. It was my first time using MSI afterburner and I thought the quality didn’t turn out bad considering my fps turns to crap when I start recording.

I do see your points and they have been noted. I’ve gotten some pretty good solo play clips I think you’ll really enjoy. Stay tuned.

I realize I haven’t given my build out yet. I already know this build is good. I don’t need any criticism because I know by experience. I’ve already gone through the theory crafting process myself and understand the mechanics. My build isn’t what I want criticized. Gameplay and video quality were mostly what I wanted to hear about, both of which you’ve contributed to. I thank you for that.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

kitten, meant runes of the earth. With the warhorn trait you can convert vulnerability to protection.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|2.1g.h15|c.1g.h15.g.1g.h4|1n.7o.1g.7o.1n.7o.1g.7o.1g.71h.1n.71h|2s.0.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.2v.0|0.0.u19b.k19.k6a|1k.7|5y.6g.6i.6f.6m|e

This is what I use (Shield Mastery should be merciless hammer and Embrace the pain dogged march, they are broken and kitten up the calculations for Effective Power and EHP)

Basically you gain a ton of survivability for group play, conditions are not a problem. Easily most survivable build I’ve played for warrior.

Why wouldn’t any troll build be good for group play? When you’re in a group there’s a lot of carrying that goes on, your side or the other. One man army is where it’s at.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

based on the information given and observing the build I can safely assume the build is as follows.
Valk armor with zerker or knights accessories.
traits:
0 Strength
10 Arms; IV
20 Defense; II, X
20 Tactics; VI, VIII
20 Brawn; VI (not sure on this one but I know its not sweet revenge)
Overall. this is purely a solo build and IMO you might aswell glass it and get more survivability through the fact they gonna be dead before they can react. This build has more sustain but I dont see that sustain being useful for whakittens made for.

This man knows how to build a warrior. He is familiar with the class’s mechanics. Reward him with a bolt. You got the trait allocation correct. You got some of the traits wrong. Very close. Armor is a mix with valks. About the purely solo part. I don’t see the fun relying on other people to help kill one target. I’ve been on both sides of that statement. I’m sure many will agree that solo play in a big map with lots of opponents will prove tricky and the entire point is to stay alive and out play them. I don’t like the word berserker and don’t want it anywhere on my armor set. Honestly what skill is involved in bull’s charge HB? You need sustainability to survive and get away. If I ran berserker I’d only be able to take one person and like you said kill them before they react. The targets in this short clip have plenty of reaction time. I simply outplay them.

what are “whakittens?”

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Most likely he meant to say “what-it’s” made for, minus the hyphen. Anet’s filter at work.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Most likely he meant to say “what-it’s” made for, minus the hyphen. Anet’s filter at work.

No. I’m almost 100% sure he meant whakittens. Whakittens be dammed

in Warrior

Jonwar.9205

You can actually beat a lot of these classes, you just can’t rely on combos to do it. Now, really good p/d thieves you can’t kill, granted, but you can probably get them to leave you alone. Phantasm mesmers are unbeatable if they know what they’re doing, but most people play easy mode specs because… well, they’re easy, if they were good they’d play something harder… and engi’s? Nade engi’s can be spiked down, tanky engi’s can’t kill a rabbit.

Alright, I’ll get into this. You have no condition removal with the exception of your elite. You will lose against any moderately decent condition build, on top of that (most warriors will lose to these builds anyways) you probably won’t get away if they get the jump on you.

Mending: 2 conditions every 25s doesn’t really do it for me.
FgJ: great when in a group, lackluster when you’re on your own.
Sig of Fury: it’s not that it’s bad, it’s that other things are better.

Utilities that I, personally, believe to be better:
Healing Surge: Bigger heal, refills adrenaline, it’s like sig of fury rolled into your heal.
Signet of Stamina: A full condition cleanse, freeing you up to use your elite more liberally. Not to mention 33% more dodges is nice if you don’t have vigor.
Bulls Charge: Fight not going well? Escape. Fight going well? Chase. Also a great initiator, and an extra knockdown.
Fear Me: Equipped situationally, but this can have some laughable effects. The other day I took 4 people out next to a cliff trying to cata one of our towers.

Jangeol – WvW Warrior

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

You will lose against any moderately decent condition build, on top of that (most warriors will lose to these builds anyways) you probably won’t get away if they get the jump on you.

Mending: 2 conditions every 25s doesn’t really do it for me.

Utilities that I, personally, believe to be better:
Healing Surge: Bigger heal, refills adrenaline, it’s like sig of fury rolled into your heal.
Signet of Stamina: A full condition cleanse, freeing you up to use your elite more liberally. Not to mention 33% more dodges is nice if you don’t have vigor.
Bulls Charge: Fight not going well? Escape. Fight going well? Chase. Also a great initiator, and an extra knockdown.
Fear Me: Equipped situationally, but this can have some laughable effects. The other day I took 4 people out next to a cliff trying to cata one of our towers.

Unless it’s a necro with 20 seconds of chill, I don’t usually loose to a condi build. In general necros will kitten warriors because of constant fears and… the chill. man the range it takes out of leap skills is incredible. cripple isn’t even that bad, but chill is our ultimate doom. I can upload a few clips that demonstrate how you can get out of it when you use your elite at the right time. I enjoy the fact guild wars is oriented around both defensive and offensive ways to use a skill. This is goes for the elite.

SoS is pretty good. I simply never had much success with it. If I slotted it for FGJ, I’d loose a lot of might and a lot of fury, not granting me perma fury. that 20% crit is a lot. Healing surge is garbage IMO. Unless you’re extremely good at never using your adrenaline… which I see no point in saving it, then it’s useless as a heal. You only heal for ~8k IF you get full adren. Using it for a full adren bar puts it on a 30 sec CD. That’s pretty long. It might go well with GS, but I don’t run GS. Fear me is a good utility, however the cooldown is pretty bad. 64 seconds is a very long time. It can even miss if you get blinded at the wrong time. I don’t understand how a shout misses? It’s excellent for a condition build, fearme+flurry is a lot of dps for 4 seconds. It is also a great escape tool, but I don’t have much trouble escaping. Another thing is stability, which counters all fears. Guards get stability and so do a lot of warriors. I don’t find it as useful as you’d think. I’m sure situationally, as mentioned, it would be nice, but permanently I’d rather have something stronger.

You also don’t mention a stun breaker? And no stability, unless you’re traited for it.

The only utility I’d be swapping is SoF. At the moment SoM is still too weak for me to use it. Either offer an anti blind with that active buff, or increase the number of unblockable attacks. I’ve used Bull’s charge with this build, but I find it’s overkill and completely unnecessary.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

OH and I forgot to mention SoF now increases your crit chance by 9%. that’s massive. Especially so if you run anything not glass. 20+9 is just rounded off to 30%. 30% crit is somewhat high alone if you’ve already got a lot of power. I have about 30% with food so that makes a big difference.

in Warrior

Jonwar.9205

To explain, I did not mean to take balanced stance off your bar. There is no build for warriors that should not have balanced stance on it IMO.

I also trait for embrace the pain and burst mastery, which makes healing surge significantly better than mending if you ask me.

Fear Me, as I said, is situational. I’ll throw it on my bar if I’m fighting next to a cliff generally.

Also, a condi build will eat you. Fortunately they’re rarer in WvW than in PvP, partly I think because of the difficulty of acquiring the gear. The reason being is your burst is too weak to handle them, and they can instantly reapply every condition known to man as soon as you use your cleanse.

Jangeol – WvW Warrior

in Warrior

Tetra Bug.7134

Why wouldn’t any troll build be good for group play? When you’re in a group there’s a lot of carrying that goes on, your side or the other. One man army is where it’s at.

I don’t understand how it’s a troll build. A build like this brings far more utility to a fight than one focused around lyssa runes. You can easily swap 10 points out of defense and into unsuspecting foe and swap leg specialist for empowered and you already have more survivability than the build you posted with a greatly increased potential for damage. When you’re alive longer from shedding conditions you need some sustain, and you get it from regen from dogged march, mango pie, and adrenal health as well as from the life steal from the sigils of blood. Try it out, I’ve run Lyssa builds before and it always seemed gimmicky in that you have a short window for your burst. Popping signet of rage with full Lyssa can potentially be a game changer in a fight, but I’ve found that builds that rely on “big moments” are generally less effective than ones that focus on consistency. Thieves are effective because they can consistently stealth, D/D’s because they can maintain their boons, Guardians because they can mitigate damage consistently, condition engineers because they can constantly reapply, etc.

As for your feelings about Endure Pain and Bull’s Charge, I think you need to give these skills a second look. Endure Pain is extremely useful in countering bursts, picking up teammates and spiking enemies, escape and surviving focus. You need to learn to use it wisely and then it’s easily one of our best skills. Bull’s Charge gets trashed on because a lot of people use it wrong. It is best when you DON’T use it to initiate. That is what everyone expects you to do. Save it for a pivotal moment in a fight, interrupting a heal, changing targets, or even escape.

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]