Tanky WvW Zerg Build

Tanky WvW Zerg Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Heartbound.7420

Heartbound.7420

Hey guys, I’ve gotten together all my zerker pve gear and my condition gear for roaming, but I’d like suggestions on a tanky WvW zerg build as of the current meta.
I have seen a few floating around, but I’m wondering what the best is to date after the ferocity nerf and the new traits etc
Thanks

Tanky WvW Zerg Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I’ve found the best way to be “tanky” in a zerg is not to be in the zerg. I run LB/GS with Knight’s Armor and Zerker trinkets. LB does massive AoE damage and GS lets you escape any moves their zerg makes in your way.

Not the most “balls of steel” setup, but it works. I rarely get downed in a zerg fight and am tripping over the loot bags all the time.

One – Piken Square

Tanky WvW Zerg Build

in Warrior

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

I’ve been using this to great effect. Conditions melt off and you get so many tiny ticks of heal that you stay at nearly full health the whole time. I’d bring sure footed instead of dogged march, for a longer stability and longer endure pain. I let my passive endure pain trigger first, and then use my utility if I still feel i’m at low enough health.

I’d recommend throwing in cavalier’s or knight’s amulet+rings in there though.
Only downside is it uses expensive runes.

Tanky WvW Zerg Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

almost anything works in a zerg ball. your success as a zerg ball rests mostly on the commander, your groups numbers, and how well you group moves as a unit. Less to do with individual skill other than just knowing not to over extend. Ferocity nerf had no effect on zerg balls. The same thing that has always worked with them still works today.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Tanky WvW Zerg Build

in Warrior

Posted by: PacoXI.7690

PacoXI.7690

I’ve been running variations of 0/0/6/2/6 since I don’t when. Like I said, variations of it, some nights might require me to change things around but that is generally what works.. The traits to pick aren’t hard to figure out.

Weapons are Hammer or GS/any combo of Sword or Axe + Warhorn/Shield.. Usually Hammer/Sword+warhorn. Plenty of CC, mobility, and power with access to vigor and a blast finisher (AOE weakness isn’t bad).

You probably want PVT gear and Melandru/Doly runes until you get used to the front line. Melandru’s are really nice because of the -Condi duration.

As you get more used to the frontline, you can start switching weapons and trinkets out for knights/zerkers. Not sure about dropping PVT armor in a random zerg though, you could in a zerg buster group though because you’ll have a dedicated group composition with guardians and plenty of water to help keep you alive.

Tanky WvW Zerg Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Citanul.5163

Citanul.5163

If you want to help your Group & stay alive while fighting a Zerg then this worker build is for you: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-s;4NKkN0_4NLVQ0;9;6TT9;417A18B3;0LBZ420;0CqNYCqNY;0kg0-wY90;1vV0X5Y8ZG4L5;9;9;9;9;9;9;84k3l
(accessories depends on whether you want dps or survivability)

If you only care about yourself & want to survive then go for this:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-s;4NK-Q0e4NL-60;9;49-TJ92;317A06-4;0U7m6X;16TsW6TsWa-kg0-w2D0;1vV0X5Y8ZG4L51sVG-1T;9;9;9;9;9;9;14k3P

Tanky WvW Zerg Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

this is what i use

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-s;4NK-Q0e4NL-60;9;6TJJ;419A58-57-nV18X-3-qObSqObSh-kc0-g290;1wV1X6Y9ZH4Ma2i-HV1a;9;9;9;9;9;9;14k3Q

in your face build, just remember to use a weapon to stack 25 precision, you can keep the stacks by slotting Sigil of Perception in your underwater weapon.