The beta Shout Rampager build by darkaheart

in Warrior

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

Sup guys! so a couple of weeks ago i saw this thread about condi ss/lb thoughts
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/WvW-roaming-condi-ss-Lb-thoughts/first#post5007185

and most of us who have tried or have a condi build go full rabid or dire armor with something like 06404, unknown weird shout traits or even some of us who just make a mess with mix and match armor and traits turning out a fail. even i went full rabid 06404 on my first experimental condi build that i just copied from who knows who and shared a video about it.

well i decided to look into a rampager warrior and there was nothing. is either full direct damage, all condi or all celestial but celestial doesnt really work in wvw. and getting all celestial armor/weapons can be a pain to just find out the build is no good. turns out there was a few comments about rampager being weak and useless. so tried to make a build with full rampager and now i know why its weak/useless and this was just by looking at the build editor.

so base of my own shout gs/hm build that everyone dislikes on youtube i came out with my own shout rampager :D
btw i have plenty of videos that proof my shout gs/hm is not weak but people still dislike them, so check them out and hope you guys like my beta rampager
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0fp_zzJ_o

feel free to comment or criticize me for anything you feel i did wrong
feed back is appreciated and i will only use it for improvement

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

(edited by darkaheart.4265)

in Warrior

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Rampage is not weak. It’s incredibly strong right now and it’s going to be even stronger with traits such as Body Blow and Distracting Strikes coupled with a set like Mace/Shield or even Hammer.

Most people say it’s weak becouse the skill of your average player is very low and they don’t really know how and when to use it, they just prefer the easier to use Signet instead.

Most warrior players have yet to realize this elite is much stronger than Signet of Rage when used properly. In fact, I think this elite is going to start being the standard elite instead os SoR once more and more players realize how strong it is (mostly for direct DMG and interrupt specs that is).
All the builds that may give you some troubles 1v1 (such as medi guards, thieves in general, and others) are no longer such a counter with this elite.
Most people blindly follow metabattle builds, which is a pity, really.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

in Warrior

darkaheart.4265

Rampager is not weak. It’s incredibly strong right now and it’s going to be even stronger with traits such as Body Blow and Distracting Strikes coupled with a set like Mace/Shield or even Hammer.

Most people say it’s weak becouse the skill of your average player is very low and they don’t really know how and when to use it, they just prefer the easier to use Signet instead.

Most warrior players have yet to realize this elite is much stronger than Signet of Rage when used properly. In fact, I think this elite is going to start being the standard elite instead os SoR once more and more players realize how strong it is (mostly for direct DMG and interrupt specs that is).
All the builds that may give you some troubles 1v1 (such as medi guards, thieves in general, and others) are no longer such a counter with this elite.

I know what you’re talking about but I wasn’t talking about the elite skill Rampage. I was talking about a ss/lb with armor rampager, base of the stats that focus on precision, power and condition

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

in Warrior

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

@khenzi

Biggest problem with rampage is that it stops healing signet for 20s. Yes you take less direct dmg and condis but the hp you lose is not been healed back. If they enable the signet to work with rampage it would be a great skill.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Warrior

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

try out Rousing Resilience with Knights and Rampage it is a beast.

for rampager stats its strong apply lots of bleeds and sigil on swap condis at the high point of the durations swap to Rampage to CC , interrupt and KD to get those bleeds to deal the maximum duration of damage even while using Rampage you still bleed on crits so you can maintain this after using a sword f1 flurry.

i do this with sword and board , Axe+mace with knights amulet + Condi runes krait or Scavenger just for the condi + some duration and or the krait for a Kick boost of condi damage while transforming into Rampage.

it is a kitten to remove because of said CC’s and toughness + taking dolyak signet and Bulls charge means you’ll be running close to 3.9k-4.2k toughness with enough HP to survive untill the Durations are meet.

i don’t use Healing signet in this build but use Surge instead between Rampages and shield stance using the blocks and toughness to soak damage till Rampage comes off cooldown, though by then they have ether died to the condis+KD’s/Kb’s rather than the Rampage elite skill which is really a Boogi man scare button but doing so just shows the target you mean business to close the deal.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

@Khenzy

Rampage currently is OP and cheese to bring in 1v1 fight, i remember one warrior that starts the fight with Rampage if he couldn’t kill his opponent before Rampage runs out he then just run away, this kind of warriors will be responsible of Future nerfs, God help us with next update +12k on every hit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

@Khenzy

Rampage currently is OP and cheese to bring in 1v1 fight, i remember one warrior that starts the fight with Rampage if he couldn’t kill his opponent before Rampage runs out he then just run away, this kind of warriors will be responsible of Future nerfs, God help us with next update +12k on every hit.

don’t worry new Guard bow will make sure he can’t run away anymore. :P

in Warrior

Juba.8406

^^^

I doubt it.

With Warrior sprint and inherited stability, you will be lucky if he 2 shotted you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Rampager is not weak. It’s incredibly strong right now and it’s going to be even stronger with traits such as Body Blow and Distracting Strikes coupled with a set like Mace/Shield or even Hammer.

I know what you’re talking about but I wasn’t talking about the elite skill Rampage. I was talking about a ss/lb with armor rampager, base of the stats that focus on precision, power and condition

Oh omg! you’re right! My apologies then, that was embarrasing! (Sleep deprivation is really bad folks).

Anyways, if you wanna go ss/lb, Dire is just pretty boss, neither rampager nor rabid. Shouts or stances, for condis go Dire or go home! If you want to try some hybridish rupting build, you really need a condi oriented weapon such as longbow or even sword. It’s a big waste of stats to just get a strong confusion from the trait.

But post trait patch, on the other hand, it has quite a bit of potential. If you have the will (and gold) to try it with that gear all on your own, feel free to post your results here!

@Khenzy

don’t worry new Guard bow will make sure he can’t run away anymore. :P

The problem with Guardians is that with what devs have shown so far from revamped traits, they can stack up to 75%+ damage from trait bonuses so they could potentially one shot you with a burst combo. Crazy isn’kitten

Btw, Rampage is there to force an early heal (which, depending on heal, can be interrupted in this form), or just force several stun breakers or teleports. It’s definetly not advisable to stay in it the full 20 seconds most of the time, you risk getting bursted or overloaded by condis, similar case with Necromancer’s Lich Form.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

in Warrior

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Rampage is not weak. It’s incredibly strong right now and it’s going to be even stronger with traits such as Body Blow and Distracting Strikes coupled with a set like Mace/Shield or even Hammer.

I agree, I’m finding rampage strong right now specially with the berserker builds haven’t tried the other options yet but so far good. I’m liking Frenzy with Rampage makes out for huge burst and lock downs if used the right way. I agree while metabattle is good to get sort of an idea but not to rely on it too much, it’s better to watch the top pvp streamers they always come up with new ideas and theorycraft a lot. I do think warrior is in a good spot right now when it comes to elites compared to other professions. All of the 3 elites are not bad, if you compared it to other profession elites.

in Warrior

darkaheart.4265

i dont find rampage to be that hard to avoid, just take a look guys. i actually find it kind of funny from this guy who starts off the fight with rampage lol

in Warrior

Juba.8406

^^^

1) he is bad
2) you have 2 stun breaks and you used them all
3) his damage was weak maybe hes tanky or you were, my hits about 5k in zerk.
4) although missed most of his hits, he managed to hit you with a total of 7912 under rampage with new update that would be +19k almost all your HP, and with no stun breaks anymore he would have killed you if played decently.

(edited by Juba.8406)

in Warrior

darkaheart.4265

^^^

1) he is bad
2) you have 2 stun breaks and you used them all
3) his damage was weak maybe hes tanky or you were, my hits about 5k in zerk.
4) although missed most of his hits, he managed to hit you with a total of 7912 under rampage with new update that would be +19k almost all your HP, and with no stun breaks anymore he would have killed you if played decently.

1. yeah the dude was kind of bad, he was too predictable but thats as much as rampage experience i have vs another player lol everyone else picks SoR
2. well yeah i used my stun break when he stun me and used dolyak when he got too close. am i suppose to let him stun and not use it? thats what stability is for right
3. idk what kind of armor he had, probably mix and match armor but im full glass running shouts with 2700ish toughness, yeah i hate when i dont crit or land big hits with my 70% crit chance
4. even though he hit me a few times while under rampage i was still full health when he came back to normal. if it was new update and i notice he got me half health while under rampage i wasnt going to let me finish me lol i would have played smart and kite him with greatsword. not to mention with new update im also going to get a bonus damage

(edited by darkaheart.4265)