The elite skill "Rampage"

in Warrior

Posted by: Pineapple Icecream.8315

Pineapple Icecream.8315

I see what they wanted to do with this skill, as it really allows you to keep an enemy from running away or doing damage OR allows you to run away with less difficulty, but I NEVER seen a warrior use this skill. Including me…Mostly when the time comes this skill could come in handy, my vitality is too low to make use of the double HP you get from this skill

Is there any reason why YOU are not using it? and what do you think should be done to make this elite skill better?

Alruïn, Warrior in (dis)service of [FURY]

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Is there any reason why YOU are not using it? and what do you think should be done to make this elite skill better?

Same problem I have with most Transform abilities.

1) The skills it grants suck.
2) It removes your Healing ability.

It should just make you grow bigger and grant you Stability, but retain your ordinary skills.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

It’s funny how the necro transformation elite is so viable, but no one ever uses the warrior, ele or engi transformation elites. Guardian transformations are 50/50. None of their elites are OMG yes! either.

Either the necro one is a ton better, or the necro just has poor other elite options.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

It’s funny how the necro transformation elite is so viable, but no one ever uses the warrior, ele or engi transformation elites. Guardian transformations are 50/50. None of their elites are OMG yes! either.

Either the necro one is a ton better, or the necro just has poor other elite options.

It is the latter. I don’t find Plague nor Flesh Golem really attractive. They are no Signet of Rage or Warbanner that’s for sure.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Alexander.4827

Alexander.4827

Lich form:
While in Lich Form, the caster will be granted stability for the duration. (30 seconds)
While in Lich Form, the necromancer’s base power is tripled, and base precision and vitality doubled.

Rampage:

While in rampage gain stability. (20 seconds)
Rampage sends the user into a fist-fighting frenzy, doubling your base power statistic.

Tome of Courage:

No stability (20 seconds)
Grants protection, doubles your toughness and vitality.

So lich form lasts 10 seconds longer, gives more power than the warrior’s form along with stability, gives vitality like the guardian form and can strip boons with the same cool down.
Oh and it gets double precision too. Because why not.

I think they got the necro form right. They need to bring the warrior and guardian form in line with it. There is a reason lich form is used while rampage isn’t.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Don’t forget that the basic auto-attack in Lich Form is totally awesome in terms of raw unadulterated base damage.

Rampage is just stupid.

If they let us deal double damage and keep our weapons/utility skills…. Kitten yeah. I’d actually use it over Signet of Rage!

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

I use it. I like it. I wish it had longer time span.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Warrior

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

I use it. I like it.

“Guards! Get him!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

I use it. I like it.

“Guards! Get him!”

>3< hehe.

It may not be optimal, but it’s nice to change builds every now and then. What weirds me out is the Norn shape shifting skills.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Warrior

Posted by: Medio.4821

Medio.4821

Sure, and then necros should get all their skills and traits on par with warriors/guardians to balance out.

in Warrior

Posted by: Alexander.4827

Alexander.4827

Sure, and then necros should get all their skills and traits on par with warriors/guardians to balance out.

Agreed. The necromancer has a lot of abilities that need to be looked at and enhanced particularly when it comes to minions not being able to mitigate damage through dodging which is essential for high level play. I love my necromancer buddies and wish them all the best.

However, this is the warrior forum. Just as your elite shouldn’t justify some of your class skills being lackluster none of the warrior or guardian skills should justify a lackluster elite. That’s what we’re here to discuss.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fxncy.2398

Fxncy.2398

I agree that you should just grow a bit less and have less health than the skill would normally give but have your skills. I rarely use it and when I do it is during PvE.

Kae – Maguuma
Brorannosaurus [Rekz] & Less Talkin More [Sekz]

in Warrior

Posted by: WIGZ.8245

WIGZ.8245

The problem with these abilities like Rampage is that Stability doesn’t provide immunity from snares. So you can pop ‘Rampage’ etc, get snared, and be pretty much useless. If they were to make Stability cover all cc, snares, fear, etc, then I could see this being used significantly more often.

[BT] Wigz – Blackgate – 80 Engineer & Warrior
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in Warrior

Posted by: Vv W.7821

Vv W.7821

I play a very, very tanky warrior, so tanky that I lose out on a lot of damage, and I still don’t go for Rampage because it cuts off all of my healing. If I could still make use of my healing traits/heal skill I would use this thing all day, particularly since you can use banners while in it.

Redundant Sasquatch – 80 Warrior – [aYe] – HoD

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Lich Form is actually TONS better than Rampage, the main attack alone deals tons of damage.
Plague also gives a ton of survivability.
Minion gives a knockdown every 40s and damage.

I’d gladly trade Rampage with any Necro Elite.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wolfgang Hype.8970

Wolfgang Hype.8970

That’s kinda what was being said… >_>

Tarnished Coast – Association of Classy Tyrians [ACT]
Shyamal- Asuran Necromancer | Varg Houtman- Norn Ranger
Nemo Randolf- Human Guardian

in Warrior

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

It’s funny how the necro transformation elite is so viable, but no one ever uses the warrior,

the difference is, when you use the necro one you feel like a boss, hurling huge crits around but you lose your healing and utility,
when you use the warrior one your damage actually drops and you lose your healing and utility.

as for alternate elites, flesh golem is pretty nice, hits for decent amounts (when you can get it to hit!) and it demolishes gates+trebs so fast with its charge.
i do feel that Signet of Rage is such a great elite though, fury might and swiftness up most of the time, probably my favourite elite in the game.
so comparing one of the worst elites in the game with one of the best, its a no brainer that noone picks rampage, i really do hope they do something awesome with it though because the idea of turning into the hulk is an awesome concept.

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Instead of changing your skills Rampage should double your attack power like it does and give the health increase/stability and let you use your 1-6 skills

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Banner is better for what I play letting us keep resing garrison keep champ to hold off the attck for hours and hours. Gotta say, this is the most fun skill I have and very satisfying to use.

Banner will also get me a nice stack of might and swiftness duration while the banner is out.

Signet lets me travel faster when I’m just trying to get around.

The rest suck.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

The only time I’ve seen Rampage used effectively is in tPvP. A beefed up warrior can sit on the control point and knock anyone out who doesn’t run stability.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: Nostromo.4126

Nostromo.4126

What weirds me out is the Norn shape shifting skills.

I have them all unlocked on my naughty norn necro nymph!))
The snow leopard prowl is pretty awesome & at 5s beats any single thief stealth skill plus you can move at almost full speed (which thieves can only do traited up…?). Great for bypassing or de-aggroing mobs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

In addition to Alexander’s and Red Falcon’s posts, Lich Form is also the same cooldown as Warrior. It’s basically 1/3+ less effective and no where near the Lich Form of Necro (it’s closest cousin).

It’s also arguably less powerful than Racial Elites (Avatar of Melandru) as well in PvE/WvW.

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

I tried the skill and it actually is OK in certain situations and hilarious too because nobody knows what is happening.
Which situations? The 1st clash between 2 zerg trains, where all the cc is dropped and you need stability the most. Rampage form can take tons of damage and is extemely disruptive. And this last one is what warriors are for, disrupting…

I use it for fun sometimes because it is hilarious. But it can be pretty decent with some minor changes.
-must last longer (25-30s please)
-must be immune for blind
-a perma movement speed, chill/slow/root don’t have any effect on you.

Add these and I will use it a lot more. Because it will be pretty good.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

I’ve had a couple good fights using rampage, but the movement is way too slow on it and folks will just kite and avoid you.

Generally I find you just get slowed and focused from range making this trait almost useless and the cooldown is much too long.

There are only a few tweaks that would make it much better in my eyes.

Double your HP pool but also grant you protection for the duration.

Make your stomp targetable so you can leap to a location.

Increase your movement speed.

Slightly increase your attack range

Add immunity to all cc’s (its comical to call it rampage if you are practically standing still. There is no rampaging going on) just name it temper tantrum.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Warrior

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

They should just replace it with an elite shout or something, magically transforming into a giant monster isn’t a very warrior-like thing to me. Oh and the skill is useless.

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

(edited by Varyag.3751)

in Warrior

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Rampage is not useless but you have to find out yourself how and when it s really OP. It’s very specific (you ll have to find out yourself I won’t give any hint :p)