The funny thing about the new balance patch

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

We didn’t even need these token “buffs.” ANet could have solved most of the problems in making Warrior great again by taking two simple measures:

(1) Reversing old nerfs; and,

(2) Moving traits around.

Step One: Reverse the adrenaline decay nerf. Reverse the Vigorous Shouts nerf. Reverse the Inspiring Battle Standards nerf. Reverse the Cleansing Ire nerf. Reverse a slew of minor nerfs that have built up over the last three years.

Step Two: Move Axe Mastery so it doesn’t compete with Berserker’s Power. Move Crack Shot so it doesn’t compete with Warrior’s Sprint. Move Rousing Resilience so it doesn’t compete with Cleansing Ire and Last Stand. Move miscellaneous other traits so that there are actual meaningful trait choices, rather than “no-brainers.”

It’s not rocket science. Besides making Fast Hands baseline, most of the key ingredients of Warrior are already there.

Instead, all we get are dubious “quality of life” adjustments and left-handed buffs that include subtle, unannounced nerfs (Berserker’s Stance, anyone?).

I just don’t understand how a profession that had solid, working mechanics and ingredients three years ago has become more and more broken.

in Warrior

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

Step Three : Wait for the next 3 months then post this or necro the thread.

Last Step : Stop complaining.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

berserkers power should be baseline honestly. youll always take that traitline and that trait. I really wish I could use axes with that. also, GS and Axe traits should be melded together. Until Axe stacks might it will always be good but worse than GS

in Warrior

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

berserkers power should be baseline honestly. youll always take that traitline and that trait. I really wish I could use axes with that. also, GS and Axe traits should be melded together. Until Axe stacks might it will always be good but worse than GS

The reason why GS and axe trait is not melded together and should never be, is because axe kittens up to 5 targets, 15 times. How many stacks of might is that? You think that’s a good idea? Also just because a trait is the best in the line does not mean it should be baseline. If that were the case you’d end up with more power creep than there already is.

(edited by TheBravery.9615)

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

The reason why GS and axe trait is not melded together and should never be, is because axe kittens up to 5 targets, 15 times. How many stacks of might is that? You think that’s a good idea? Also just because a trait is the best in the line does not mean it should be baseline. If that were the case you’d end up with more power creep than there already is.

yep I do think its a good idea. Might comes a dime a dozen now. Tempest gets 14-21 stacks of might almost instantly, Rev literally walks around giving out free might. So yea, they should be melded together. We are stuck with GS for almost every build weve ever had. Sometimes mace pops up in pvp, or hammer, but that gets taken away real quick. 100% of the time youre going to take that trait, it is what it is. The best axe trait we have goes directly against it so axe is default at a disadvantage in more ways than one.