The nerf is bigger than what everyone thinks

in Warrior

Posted by: Hyperion.4638

Hyperion.4638

Especially when using the defense trait line, which is the case if you are using a hammer. Why you might ask, well its simple, because of the reduce adrenaline gain, and of the change that even if you miss your burst skill you loose all the adrenaline 2 passive traits are getting nerfed, one is the Adrenal health(regenerates hp based on your adrenaline level) and another one is Cleansing Ire(remove 1 condition for 1 bar of adrenaline you spend), so you see how the adrenaline ties to other stuff, all i can tell you is that i already switched to guardian and ill probably be using it my warrior for pve only, like i said believe me that this nerf will be bigger than you might initially think.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

The funny thing about your post is that you end it saying you will change to guardian and only use warrior for PvE, while Guardian is better in PvE in all roles.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Hyperion.4638

The funny thing about your post is that you end it saying you will change to guardian and only use warrior for PvE, while Guardian is better in PvE in all roles.

Thats why people want only 1 guardian and they are ok with 4 warriors in party, because guardian is better, seems legit.

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

Thats why people want only 1 guardian and they are ok with 4 warriors in party, because guardian is better, seems legit.

Ah, the realm of the PUG!

It is actually closer to the other way around. You bring one warrior for the offensive buffs of banners and Empower Allies. Bringing more warriors is a DPS loss compared to the best team set-up. And Glass Guardian is not even hard to keep alive.

in Warrior

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

people ask for more warriors because:

a) a bad warrior will do ok, a bad guardian will kiss the dungeon floor
b) people that ask for “exp only, 10k+ ap, 2 warrior 2 ele, gear check” are bad, or possibly really bad

in Warrior

Hyperion.4638

Nah they want warrior because, 3 warriors = 3 banners, 3 x"for great justice",3 x shake it off(condition removal) wich means might and fury upkeep 24/7, not to mention the huge dmg from hundred blades, i can go on but the topic is not about wich class is most effective in pve its about the incoming nerfs and how the affect it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

Don’t forget additional party wide healing when you trait for healing shouts!

in Warrior

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

healing shouts in pve, shake it off? are we even serious anymore?

fury uptime? eles can do that better
might stacking? you guessed it, ele can do it better (phalanx wars can too, but low personal dps)
condition removal? guardians anyone?
…healing in pve? what? i hope it was meant as sarcasm and i missed it
dps? most other classes do it better

so what does warrior have left as the thing they do best? dropping 2 banners, wow!

why people want warriors is because, in a world of pugs, they are easy to pick up (so less screw ups from pugs) and have good versatility. compare with a full glass cannon ele: it can do much better but it’s also a lot easier to go BOOM if you mess a dodge or (like in some bosses may happen) someone in your team is charged to reflect projectiles and he screws up (where a warrior is a lot more likely to live through a mistake like that).

people don’t want multiple warriors because they are OP, they want warriors because either they believe a bad warrior won’t impact them as much as a bad thief (which is likely going to be dead 90% of the time) or because they are BAD and have no clue.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

yes the adrenaline nerf is a bit harsh, but its time to break Cleansing Ire chain surrounding warrior’s neck, for too long we were dependent on that trait.

although a GM but still a step on the right direction, don’t underestimate the new “Brawler’s Recovery”.

in Warrior

Posted by: Derren.8724

Derren.8724

yes the adrenaline nerf is a bit harsh, but its time to break Cleansing Ire chain surrounding warrior’s neck, for too long we were dependent on that trait.

I’m curious if the adrenaline change will actually make Cleansing Ire less attractive or not.

Currently, Cleansing Ire cures conditions based on Adrenaline spent, and one of the major mechanics that keeps it ‘balanced’ is that missed Burst skills don’t spend adrenaline, and so don’t cure conditions. Currently, a warrior needs to be careful on how he uses his burst skills -or carry a longbow- to maximize condi removal.

But if burst skills drain adrenaline regardless if they hit or not… won’t that mean it always procs Cleansing Ire? You’re still spending 1-3 bars of adrenaline, even if the skill doesn’t hit. To me it seems that would make the trait more useful, since even if you miss you’ll still purge conditions.

“The Court of Winter” [WIN] – Sea of Sorrows

in Warrior

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

As long as your burst skills hit you wont be affected by the nerfs at all.
So you might want to stop spamming your bursts and trying to set them up with the 10+ CC skills a warrior has.
As long as the enemy doesnt suprise me with a well timed stunbreaker my bursts never miss.

And making a warrior never able to engage with full adren is a good thing. Hell my adren fills up faster than I can spent it already, without me using berserker stance.

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

The nerfs will be huge against good oponents because you will have a hard time hiting with your f1 bursts.

Against bad / average players wont be the same as before but the nerf wont be that big.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

although a GM but still a step on the right direction, don’t underestimate the new “Brawler’s Recovery”.

I love how you just swoop in every other thread with reasonable ideas, opinions anchored in reality and thought through arguments and it just goes unnoticed by everybody raging. It makes me somewhat happy.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

The adrenalin nerf as directed towards adrenal health and cleaning ire mainly. With these changes warriors will now face reprecussions for their actions with burst skills instead of just using whenever like combustive shot and taking its cleanse proc (even without a target) for granted. Now, if you miss that eviscerate or earth shaker, it will not not go on cd but you lose the adrenalin. So the repercussion is you miss your cleans and lose that regen sustain from adrenal health.
And like someone said, look at the change to brawler’s recovery. That will remove more than just blind on weapon swap and with fast hands that’s 2condis cleared every 5 seconds. Could be some interesting builds with that.
I find this patch will overall promote more skillful gameplay into the war and maybe gone will be the days of warrior being considered the training wheels class (though I still doubt that.)

Säïnt

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

With that being said I hope they will slightly improve warriors in PvE again. If the math I’ve seen is correct warriors will lose quite a lot of DPS (didn’t do the math myself yet so I can’t confirm it).

Warriors lose a hell of a lot of DPS in solo settings but in groups the DPS loss isn’t nearly as much. It still really blows and we’ve been getting repeatedly nerfed every patch.

in Warrior

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

I have noticed the same:-)
In fact, for shout warrior in WvW, I am not using Adrenaline Health NOR Cleansing Ire and I think it is just fine. yes, losing adrenaline on miss will be annoying. However, it only means you cannot spam it for the sake of it..

It is exactly in PvE that I will switch to guardian.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Warrior

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I’m curious if the adrenaline change will actually make Cleansing Ire less attractive or not.

Currently, Cleansing Ire cures conditions based on Adrenaline spent, and one of the major mechanics that keeps it ‘balanced’ is that missed Burst skills don’t spend adrenaline, and so don’t cure conditions. Currently, a warrior needs to be careful on how he uses his burst skills -or carry a longbow- to maximize condi removal.

But if burst skills drain adrenaline regardless if they hit or not… won’t that mean it always procs Cleansing Ire? You’re still spending 1-3 bars of adrenaline, even if the skill doesn’t hit. To me it seems that would make the trait more useful, since even if you miss you’ll still purge conditions.

Thats what I’m thinking too. Unless they changed CI to only proc on a successful hit of an f1 skill, but I feel something like that would have been mentioned at least.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

With that being said I hope they will slightly improve warriors in PvE again. If the math I’ve seen is correct warriors will lose quite a lot of DPS (didn’t do the math myself yet so I can’t confirm it).

Warriors lose a hell of a lot of DPS in solo settings but in groups the DPS loss isn’t nearly as much. It still really blows and we’ve been getting repeatedly nerfed every patch.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It’s basically my fault that warriors are getting nerfed.

Mained D/D ele after release -> nerfed
-> mained ranger -> nerfed
-> mained mesmer -> nerfed
-> maining thief/warrior atm -> nerfed (soon)

Maybe I should main a profession I don’t like. :P

You should have tried maining warrior right after launch…we were bottom of the barrel and easy kills for anything with soft CC and a couple conditions.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Nah they want warrior because, 3 warriors = 3 banners, 3 x"for great justice",3 x shake it off(condition removal) wich means might and fury upkeep 24/7, not to mention the huge dmg from hundred blades, i can go on but the topic is not about wich class is most effective in pve its about the incoming nerfs and how the affect it.

Uhh. First no on 3 warriors = 3 banners. It’s more like 1 warrior running the 2 dps banners, empower and 2 eles giving everyone +50s of fury + 25 might stacks. Eles also do more damage than warriors period with staff 2 + auto or lightning hammer.
In fact you wouldn’t use GS trait because you’ll overwrite the elementalist’ 28s~ might stack for your lackluster 5s might duration.

in Warrior

Hyperion.4638

Thats what I’m thinking too. Unless they changed CI to only proc on a successful hit of an f1 skill, but I feel something like that would have been mentioned at least.

We will see tomorrow, but even if it procs with the reduced adrenaline gain we probably won’t have 3 bars all the time like we use to, so again less condition removed, and if you miss you loose all the bars wich means 0 adrenal hp regenerated, so yeah its still a loose.

in Warrior

Juba.8406

I love how you just swoop in every other thread with reasonable ideas, opinions anchored in reality and thought through arguments and it just goes unnoticed by everybody raging. It makes me somewhat happy.

lol xD

in Warrior

Juba.8406

No , you must hit a target.

if you miss your F1 you lose all adrenaline + No conditions clears for you

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Except for all the reasons why they gave us cleansing ire in the first place haven’t changed.

in Warrior

Juba.8406

Except for all the reasons why they gave us cleansing ire in the first place haven’t changed.

you don’t need adrenaline for Brawlers recovery , how about that ? , a 100% guaranteed 1 condi clear every 5 seconds.

and you know what you can combine it with cleansing ire high risk (adrenaline gone) high reward (3 condi clear) although you would drop burst mastery.

(edited by Juba.8406)

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

you don’t need adrenaline for Brawlers recovery , how about that ? , a 100% guaranteed 1 condi clear every 5 seconds.

and you know what you can combine it with cleansing ire high risk (adrenaline gone) high reward (3 condi clear) although you would drop burst mastery.

The problem with Brawler’s Recovery when compairing to Cleansing Ire is twofold IMO.

1: Cleansing Ire also generates Adrenaline, whereas BR does not. Thus, when using BR only, you must either slot a utility or another trait to get a similar result. Especially with the new adrenaline rework.

2: It is a GM trait, whereas CI only requires 4 point in an already awesome trait line. Many of my builds only go 3 in Discipline because the Master traits in that line are somewhat mediocre.

The only real advantage of BR over CI is that it is a guarantueed single cleanse every 5 seconds minimum (I say minimum, as a warrior does not and should not always switch when the swap timer runs out). When the warrior slots a longbow along with CI, this advantage of BR quickly vanishes.

Don’t get me wrong, I still think it’s good. I just think CI is and will remain better. BR will open up some minor opportunities to not run 4 in Defense, although, from a roaming warrior’s perspective, those points can not be better spent elsewhere anyway.