Thief Steal Ability (Whirling Axe)

in Warrior

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

Fellow warriors how to you feel about this ability?

in Warrior

Posted by: Calysto.7469

Calysto.7469

I’ve got an 80 of Thief and Warrior, as I’ve only just found out today, you can actually dodge roll while using the stolen Whirling Axe, which, imo needs an immediate fix to stop the attack altogether just like it does with Dagger Storm, the thief’s other whirly doom attack. The damage on Whirling Axe is in line with where it needs to be, but the ability to dodge roll and keep the attack going needs to go, and this is coming from me being main thief.

in Warrior

Posted by: Carrioncrow.6872

Carrioncrow.6872

Yes you can dodge roll with the stolen Whirlwind but why do you need to other than to gain that little extra bit of distance.

I mean you already evade all melee attacks, ranged attacks, stuns, fears and daze’s. The only thing that you don’t evade is ground effects.

Being able to dodge roll as a thief while using whirling Axe is the least powerful aspect of that ability.

Warrior does WB it does maybe 5-7k, Thief does it your looking at 9-11k

in Warrior

Calysto.7469

You only evade the attacks by using dodge. You take damage normally if you aren’t dodging. Dagger Storm has ranged reflect and stability, but tbh, I’ve been knocked back/down, rooted, snared, chilled and all that even while doing Dagger Storm. Thief Whirling Axe can only do more if we’re specced for more power and crit/crit damage than the warrior. But let me reiterate. I’m 100% for the removal of the ability to dodge while doing this stolen ability. It should be an exact copy of the warrior one if nothing else.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

I do play a thief too and I find it odd that they have that benefit. All the stealth moves we got and teleport with shortbow. Why should this mechanic exist just for using whirlwind? I don’t know….

Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: Carrioncrow.6872

Carrioncrow.6872

sigh

Proof.

I didn’t dodge once.

And those are ranged attacks, also notice all the clones i wipe off the face of the earth with out taking a the usual negative conditions like confusion, cripple, ect ect.

As a Thief I didn’t take a single lick of damage during the WB, could be I was lucky but I’ve tested this and tested against thieves to be certain that a Thief Steal WB = no damage for the Thief.

in Warrior

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

I’ve been taken from 22k hp to zero by that stolen Whirling axe before (had 3000 armor at the time), and even on my poorly geared thief it goes 7-9k on average. You can dodge during both Warriors and Thieves version of it, but from what I’ve seen of the thieves it automatically evades anyway (?).

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Warrior

Calysto.7469

Carrion, it looks like nobody threw any attacks your way during the attack. I’ve been damaged and even downed plenty while using Whirling Axe, but I also flat refuse to dodge while using it, on principle, as well as only finding out you could dodge during it last night.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Warriors can dodge during the animation of Whirling Axe too (Axe 5) but unlike the thief, warriors can’t dodge nearly as often as a thief (especially in quick succession).

Regarding Dagger Storm time, conditions (not CC) still affect the thief normally, only the damage (and condition on damage) is reflected. Example, Engineer/Necro ground target AoE that fear/chill/poison/etc. still function normally on a thief using Dagger Storm. Catapult/Treb hits will also knock the thief around in Dagger Storm because they are not considered projectiles giving CC.