Thinking of clicking that tag again

in Warrior

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Given the state of wvw and few willing to command, I’ve been feeling that need to tag up at times. What are you guys running these days to handle the punishment of condi/stun spam city these days?

Thanks!

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

I never saw a warrior commander in my life so I dunno xd

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: Invictorum.7643

Invictorum.7643

Honestly, Warrior’s have semi-decent ways to survive, but you also will need a very on point support group to keep yourself alive. Warriors have some very potent counters, but they don’t last forever, nor do we really get too much on our own.

I sometimes command, and Berserker Stance+Endure Pain have just helped me force in and break an enemy line with the cascading tidal wave of CC and damage coming up right behind me.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Warriors used to be pretty common commanders, but it’s been a long time since then. I dunno, maybe go full nomads with defender runes, a shield, Defense and Berserker traits, and then some other traitline… Discipline for Brawlers’ maybe?

It should give you about 4k armour, 28k health, pretty cranked out Healing Signet, Adrenal Health, healing on block through the runes, heal on stunbreak (plus another 1k toughness) through Rousing Resiliance, healing on killing blow through Dead or Alive…..

So high healing, health, armour, plus good uptime of resistance and stability. Should keep you up and running, but you won’t provide much to the fight short of cc. That’s basically following the old school approach, but more selfish and less power. Might be overkill though.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

RodOfDeath.5247

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I may be living in the past with wvw when I use to command a long time ago with warrior and dove into zergs sustaining for a long time.

I’ll give it a go

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I just run my normal build…full zerk, strength runes, axe/sword+shield and Gs, with endure pain berserker stance

Then the last 2 slots….ult can be changed to banner if im feeling generous …otherwise just get something for me like signet of rage or headbutt. ANd same with the utility slot genereally signet of stamina is best imo (dodges keep you alive yo, and the condi clear is a lifesaver)…..otherwise either dolyak stance for the group or just something for me like frenzy or radiation field or signet of might.

If I don’t survive, 3/4 of a pug group sure as kitten won’t be surviving either so who cares about going tank stats….blocks and pure invulnerabilites and heals are all u needs. If ur running a giant 30 man zerg into gvg combat against another dedicated group ur doing it wrong if ur running a warrior….so think outside the box and play on the warrior’s strengths (damage, pure blocks, high health pool). yolo and solo, lead by example and do by example and ur teammates will do their part.

…err and run defense trait tree obv….lol that should go without saying no matter how much yolo and solo jibberish you read here today.

Ur food should be defense oriented as well. saffron or damage reduction orcondi duration decrease or toughness/boon/vitality or stun duration decrease or 40% endurance regen food or passive heal regen food….or whatever else you like. if ur daring and lacking in caring use a lifesteal food.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

I really like something like this for commanding…it is super tanky(commanders job is to stay alive and command), it doesnt provide much for damage but should be able to withstand most bombs and with high toughness and vitality it.should be able to survive pick attempts…would work best with skilled back line

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAS8enMdAlhgdhAmkC0hglrA79zmaftIBgEQqTJH06qBA-TVCGABDcQAcS5H+PAAAOCAlpb4e1f2TJI67PkwFAIAACwN3Z2sODO6RP6RP6R7m38m38m3sUAFJ0C-w

This isnt what i run but i think it would be a lot better then what i do if you didny have to worry about damage

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

I’m a warrior commander and my word is you should reroll guard if you are serious. or you could just take out the axe and go yolo on their backline like i do when “i’ve had it up to here with the pirateship!”

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: The Not so Evil Overlord.6305

The Not so Evil Overlord.6305

Warrior commander works perfectly well. Just have two Guardians in your party for stabo, and you’re set. If you can’t get just two guardians in your party, then, quite frankly, you don’t have a frontline. And if you have no frontline, well, that stability help isn’t as important, because you won’t survive a melee push.
Personally, I just run my normal frontline WvW build for commanding. Either a shout war, with sword/warhorn and hammer (running mostly soldier’s gear), or a hammer/rifle berserker. Zerker armor, soldiers accessories, knights weapons. Utilities are outrage, sundering leap, dolyak signet, and banner. (Yeah. It’s a weird build. I initially made it because I got sick of those I was following killing me off in DH traps. Or just pirate shipping so much that I spent most of my time doing nothing. But I have a lot of fun with it, so even with the meta changing, I’m still running it)

Which one I run depends on the situation. If there’s a huge amount of condis, flying at you, then the first one might be better. If you’re in a situation where you’re needing to apply a lot of ranged pressure, or simply need a bigger melee bomb, or the other team has huge amounts of stabo… The second build could definitely work better. (If you’re just wanting to increase your melee DPS though, you could definitely drop the rifle for another weapon, like a greatsword, or axe/something.)

I would strongly recommend though, that you take the banner as your elite. As the commander, you should be one of the last people to die. Therefore, you ought to have opportunities to get up your frontline again, by dropping a banner on them. With the rally changes, that banner is far more critical than ever before.

Egbert the Erudite, of Tarnished Coast

in Warrior

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Warrior commander works perfectly well. Just have two Guardians in your party for stabo, and you’re set. If you can’t get just two guardians in your party, then, quite frankly, you don’t have a frontline. And if you have no frontline, well, that stability help isn’t as important, because you won’t survive a melee push.
Personally, I just run my normal frontline WvW build for commanding. Either a shout war, with sword/warhorn and hammer (running mostly soldier’s gear), or a hammer/rifle berserker. Zerker armor, soldiers accessories, knights weapons. Utilities are outrage, sundering leap, dolyak signet, and banner. (Yeah. It’s a weird build. I initially made it because I got sick of those I was following killing me off in DH traps. Or just pirate shipping so much that I spent most of my time doing nothing. But I have a lot of fun with it, so even with the meta changing, I’m still running it)

Which one I run depends on the situation. If there’s a huge amount of condis, flying at you, then the first one might be better. If you’re in a situation where you’re needing to apply a lot of ranged pressure, or simply need a bigger melee bomb, or the other team has huge amounts of stabo… The second build could definitely work better. (If you’re just wanting to increase your melee DPS though, you could definitely drop the rifle for another weapon, like a greatsword, or axe/something.)

I would strongly recommend though, that you take the banner as your elite. As the commander, you should be one of the last people to die. Therefore, you ought to have opportunities to get up your frontline again, by dropping a banner on them. With the rally changes, that banner is far more critical than ever before.

I agree with most things.
A few points i would like to add:
-as a warrior you tend to have a good survivability, but don’t solo rush popping every thing screaming: on my, why is no one on me??? Only push if you know you have a frontline, no Frontlinie? No pushing, you may survive, you casters may mostlikely drop.
- don’t run super tanky special builds that are for survival. The rest of the frontline doesn’t, if you do you loose the feeling of how much dmg pressure is on you frontline.
-it’s not your job to have endless stabi. You have to guards in your group, they should have a rotation figured out. If you pop resistance and stabil and IP you may survive like a king for a few secs, but again, can your group? No? Then don’t.
-Banner or head butt? Banner is the frontliners best friend, to be more precise: it is your Teams best friend. Are you in the focus grp? Full bersi axe\shield +gs\rifle? Sure take head butt. In any other case take the Banner?
-weapons? Hammer, Horn&sword or Hammer &GS both work find. No shield? Nooooooo! No, no shield,! Why? Again its nice that you stand longer, but you guys? Once again try not to be the guy running in super tanky demanding every one and their (ofc not deactivated, -.-) mini dolyak to follow you. It does not work that way.
- how do i fight? You provide dmg and CC as normal, you rally allies. Don’t think after a long time of pirate ship you can just join the pain train. Range dmg is still high. You may survive, you cloth guys wont.
-aim for the backline. Disconnect the backline, if possible take some kills, regroup. Then push again. If you want to trainwrek the meele, isolate the casters, CC bomb the melee regroup from range, then push.
-you may push in a straight line, you guys can’t.
Allways bait CC and rangespikes. Then counter.

All this boils down to, don’t play a build for survival, don’t do something guards and other frontliners can’t do with out massive cd’s. Better to push for 3downs and geht your kitten s out after 3secs then push deep for 10sec and wipe your guys.

in Warrior

RodOfDeath.5247

Just wanted to thank you guys again for the replies, appreciate it