Tips for Liadri: Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

I can’t guarantee you will finish it, but here are some useful tips and how I did it moments ago.

Traits:
15, III
10, II
30, II,IV,IX (IV is in case you get a lucky rally off an orb, it can/has happened)
15, III

Sword/Warhorn and Longbow.
Force on sword Energy on warhorn
Had Rage on the bow (I used my MF bow)

Food: Bowl of Orrian Truffles and Meat Stew, and Potent Master Maintenance Oils.

Gear: I used full zerker.

Utilities: Healing Signet, Signet of Stamina, Fear Me!, Endure Pain, and Signet of Rage.

Start phase 1 with sword/warhorn quickly merc the pulling orb (melee 1 shots it, always try to kill these as soon as they pop up) Kite the darkness clones to the white cyclones and toss the light at the main one, the second cyclone can be tricky (yes it is a pattern more on this soon) its usually right up against the wall you can kite/stand on it while fighting with the terribad camera and as soon as you see one get turned into light use Fear Me! to safely grab/toss it. (You can also fear them INTO it with a bit of positioning.) The 3rd is easy its near the middle of the room just stand behind it.
(If you over dodged or something use endure pain to save you from AoE, keep in mind endure pain WILL NOT save you from the 1 touch killers.)

2nd phase, as soon as you toss that 3rd light look for the safe spot. There will be 1/4 of the arena edge not covered in AoE find it, once you do keep moving clockwise and you’ll always be on that safe spot (sometimes you may have to dodge to the safe spot, just count 1 2 dodge!) use the longbows F1 and 3 as much as possible even use F1 with 1 charge just to remove cripple or weakness because of cleansing ire BUT DON’T STOP RUNNING AROUND CLOCKWISE! unless its for a secure pop shot.

And of course if you’re out of energy swap to sword/warhorn for 50% and a life saving dodge followed immediately with 4-5.

Took me about 20 tries (had her under 5% a lot..) right when I was about to rage quit I got it, do it enough and you’ll see the patterns now that you know they’re there.
Hope this helps.

in Warrior

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

I did it with
30/25/0/0/15
Worthy mentions are unsuspecting foe (50%cc on stuned traget) and 25% increased movement speed when wielding a melee weapon.
Candied Dragon Roll for buffood (Lifesteal on crit)
I used Greatsword with sigil of force and mace/sword with sigil of force and sigil of energy.
Healing Signet, Stamina Signet, For great Justice!, Endure Pain, Signet of Rage.
P1 – Kill the rifts once they spawn. The first one spawns after entering the arena.
Then proceed to kite two of the Clones into the withe light- afterwards a second rift will spawn; kill it.
Then trigger her phase two- Now slighty more than half the arna will be covered with shadow crashes. These alternate, so in theory as long as you dont want to damage Liadra you can pull it off without dodging at all.
My tactic was, dodge one shadow crash and stun her in the same area afterwards (skullcrack) then switch to GS and 100b her as long as you can, get out of the AoE and away from the Clones. Repeat that process until she is dead.
Cheers

RIP game 2012-2014

in Warrior

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

I found it a lot easier to use greatsword instead of 1h/warhorn, since 3 skill acts as a free dodge and it’s also useful for mobility. Especially in p1 for picking up the lights. Just resist the temptation to hundred blades her and stay ranged p2, you will get chomped if you try to melee her. Longbow 3 is a lot of burst damage, if you don’t miss and you should use all the other longbow skills on CD too for the dots and blind.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

(edited by Eulolia.2467)

in Warrior

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

c/p from another thread, since it’s relevant here.

Rifle+Axe/Horn, full Melandru, Lemongrass Poultry
0/0/20/20/30
II VIII / II IX / V VI XII
Healing Signet, Endure Pain, Signet of Might, Signet of Stam (idk if the passive even works), Signet of Rage
- Melandru+Dogged March+Lemongrass will reduce cripple duration by 98% and weakness by 65%. It’s good, abuse it.
- Traited Balanced will give you a free vigor and stop you from being ninja pulled to your death by an orb.
- Traited horn will allow you to have 100% swiftness uptime, constant vigor and flip weakness to 3 might every ~15 seconds.
Strategy:
Like Gery said, the start of the fight is always the same (minus the random orb spawn).
- Pop rage+horn 4, kill the orb asap and lure the clones to deplete her invul. If you do it fast enough, the second orb will spawn just as you remove her final invul stack; kill with your axe and pop horn 4+5 before switching to rifle.
- Strafe around in a single direction facing the boss spamming rifle 2 and 3. When she leaps to you pop rifle 5 and keep burning her down. If you’re out of stamina and won’t make it to a safe spot, pop EP.
- Eventually another orb spawns, so kill it asap with axe and rebuff with horn before switching back. When you’re at full adrenaline, try to get ahead of the shadow fall aoe and pop Kill Shot.
- Repeat until she dies.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Warrior

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

I can’t guarantee you will finish it, but here are some useful tips and how I did it moments ago.

Traits:
15, III
10, II
30, II,IV,IX (IV is in case you get a lucky rally off an orb, it can/has happened)
15, III

Sword/Warhorn and Longbow.
Force on sword Energy on warhorn
Had Rage on the bow (I used my MF bow)

Food: Bowl of Orrian Truffles and Meat Stew, and Potent Master Maintenance Oils.

Gear: I used full zerker.

Utilities: Healing Signet, Signet of Stamina, Fear Me!, Endure Pain, and Signet of Rage.

Start phase 1 with sword/warhorn quickly merc the pulling orb (melee 1 shots it, always try to kill these as soon as they pop up) Kite the darkness clones to the white cyclones and toss the light at the main one, the second cyclone can be tricky (yes it is a pattern more on this soon) its usually right up against the wall you can kite/stand on it while fighting with the terribad camera and as soon as you see one get turned into light use Fear Me! to safely grab/toss it. (You can also fear them INTO it with a bit of positioning.) The 3rd is easy its near the middle of the room just stand behind it.
(If you over dodged or something use endure pain to save you from AoE, keep in mind endure pain WILL NOT save you from the 1 touch killers.)

2nd phase, as soon as you toss that 3rd light look for the safe spot. There will be 1/4 of the arena edge not covered in AoE find it, once you do keep moving clockwise and you’ll always be on that safe spot (sometimes you may have to dodge to the safe spot, just count 1 2 dodge!) use the longbows F1 and 3 as much as possible even use F1 with 1 charge just to remove cripple or weakness because of cleansing ire BUT DON’T STOP RUNNING AROUND CLOCKWISE! unless its for a secure pop shot.

And of course if you’re out of energy swap to sword/warhorn for 50% and a life saving dodge followed immediately with 4-5.

Took me about 20 tries (had her under 5% a lot..) right when I was about to rage quit I got it, do it enough and you’ll see the patterns now that you know they’re there.
Hope this helps.

Strange , for me signet of stamina doesnt work , same as any endurance regeneration food !

in Warrior

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

I’m sure there is a cap on energy regeneration, I just went full overkill on the chance that there may not be. It did seem to help although its hard to tell when swapping to sigil of energy so often during the fight.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I did it with Greatsword + Axe and Bulls’s Charge, For Great Justice! and Frenzy.

Once her shield got down I just did basic brush frenzy combo.

in Warrior

Posted by: Moghwar.8706

Moghwar.8706

I might throw in my build as well: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJAURjkOFvBPuQMRCE0DNMLEQ7Bj4UY80HsDA-jEQMAMB-w

GS/rifle. I bought a rifle only for this ;-).

Basically, use GS within first phase. Same stuff as already mentioned here. The moment you get to phase 2, use your GS charge to get to the safe spot, circle clockwise from now on. Use volley shot on colldown, as well as the crippling one and the one for vulnerability. Kill shot only when she is far away, and you have enough time elft until next AoE. If you come close to any of those black spheres, use rifle #5 to destroy them. For whatever reason I wasn’t able to kill them with autoattack on rifle.

Use healing signet to get rid of cripple and weakness; combined with Liadri being crippled, you will get like zero dmg. The -40% condi duration food might be a bit too much, but well. I’d suggest mango pie for the regen if it’s too expensive for you.

Edit: Defense VIII will save you from one pull (try not to waste it for phase 1), and dolyak signet from another one. If you don’t need it, the dmg reduce combined with healing signet + adrenal healing will keep you close to 100% health.

Oh, and endurance reg is capped at 100%, as far as I know.

[dw] Guardian | Raidlead

(edited by Moghwar.8706)

in Warrior

Posted by: Radiology.3597

Radiology.3597

60+ ticket tries, but I finally got it done. You really just have to get into the flow of the pattern and do not get discouraged as every error is experience which will lead to your success.

Gear: Zerker amd Celestial Ascended accessories.
Weapons: GS/Longbow

Trait lines: 30/20/10/10/0

Strength II: Restorative Strength was probably what saved me in the clutch. Became my 2nd/emergency condition removal.

Strength III: Great Fortitude. Additional HP.

Strength XII: Berserker’s Might. Helps to work in sync with Minor Master trait, Building Momentum where when you use your burst skill (Longbow F1), you regain endurance.

Arms II: Furious Speed. You should have a decent amount of crit proc, which should give you swiftness, which is important for phase 3.

Arms III: Bleeds apply 50% longer, which I guess can be interchanged but I found it useful for on the run DPS with Longbow 5 applying a 21.5 second bleed.

Defense II: Dogged March, useful for phase 3 as she applies cripple on you. When you are out of endurance, out of condition removal, this may be what saves you on the run.

Tactics IV: Stronger Bowstrings for increased range.

6: Healing Signet, helps with continuous regen + condition removal.
7: On My Mark, extra DPS for phase 3. Interchangeable.
8: Endure Pain, Ace in the hole. Stuck under AoE’s and couldn’t make it to a safety spot? Burn it.
9: Shake It Off, primary condition removal for when you get a nasty cripple.
10: Signet of Rage, works in sync with Building Momentum for endurance regen. and your primary source for swiftness. Burn as needed, auto use in phase 3 for swiftness and DPS purposes.

Food: Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Beef Stew for the 40% endurance regeneration.

Gameplay and Tips: I’ll try not to repeat what other people have said and only stress what I actually believe are urgent.

Phase 1: Bring down the orbs ASAP. You’ll be using GS for this whole 1st Phase. Use your 3 skill in tight spots as they move through the visions. Entering, you should be able to down the 1st orb, lead a vision into the first well, debuff her TWICE before the 2nd orb appears. Pay attention to the patterns as they don’t change while dragging the visions to the wells. The route definitely sticks the more times you do it.

Tips for this phase: Be in some sort of party so you can target her. Somewhere during the down times of the 1st phase, or even right at the beginning, drop a call target on her. It will help in the long run, because in the moment, when visions and crap are coming at you, it will be hard to pick her out.

Phase 2: To be honest, I play with the settings set low because my PC can’t handle the zerg down under AND all the stuff above so I don’t experience the flash, but I’m assuming this is the part where she leaps at you. Off the bat, I switch to LB and burn my 5 skill to keep her in place and so I can find a safe spot.

Phase 3: Moving with the safety spots. The challenge is actually not keeping distance with Liadri but the movement and immediately downing the orbs. They can pull you at the worst times right before an AoE storm. Get ready to time your condition removals and use your Endure Pain as needed. You’ll be side scrolling, or even backward scrolling most of the time.

Tips for this phase:
- LB3 is a good way to get rid of an orb, so you don’t have to target it individually.
- Use your insticts, if she is distant to you and she’s about to make he leap to your area, use your F1 where you are standing, 4 skill to blind, 5 to keep her stationary and roll away. It won’t always be in that order, but let your instinct take over.
- What I don’t recall being mentioned was the way you run clockwise. Yes you run clockwise but what worked best for me was weaving from the outer area of the dome to the inner. In essence, what you are doing is if the safe spots are in cardinal directions (NSEW) then you are running in a diamond/square path within the circle. it may sound complicated but you’ll get a feel for it. Once you run it, you’ll eventually see that having a safe zone is not the hard part, it is making sure the orbs don’t pull you into danger.

In conclusion, I’m not a pro at this. I could probably do it again if I had to, but it was not easy. But there are patterns that you should pay attention to. Don’t be discouraged by failure. Good luck and hope I was of help.

Thanks to everyone who’s contributed as well, as I’ve gathered much useful information from this thread!

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Made the same thread in the Event forum.

This topic is great.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

Finally did it, a 30/0/0/10/30 build full zerk. The only tweaks I made was for increased vitality but I doubt it made a difference.

I went with a end. regen setup, bought a low cost GS and put an energy (mostly for dodge regen).

Phase 1 is easy so I wont touch on that, phase 2 for me was simply to see where the shadow fell and run there while range dps and keep doing that. If I got in a jam Shake it off/Swap to GS for end/Swap GS for Whirlwind fixed it.

The biggest issue I had for path 2 was the movement pattern for the safe zone handling, as soon as that was done it all falls into place.

Edit: btw the farther you are from the center the farther you need to run, you cant be too close to the center for obvious reasons but halfway is a sweet spot

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Here’s how I did it.

Typical 30/25/0/0/15 build. Utilities were Healing Signet, Signet of Stamina, Balanced Stance, and Endure Pain
Traits III, IX, and XI in Strength. VI and X in Arms. and V I believe in Discipline.

Weapons were Sword/Sword and Longbow. I know I had Greatsword traits but forgot to change them.

I did phase 1 with Sword/Sword equipped. Mobility + 2 second or so block. The first phase shouldn’t take alot of dodging. After I threw the last Orb of Blazing Light I would use Impale on Liadri while she was doing her weird spin thing. Then I switched to Longbow for the rest of the fight. I ran straight to outrun the AoE of death until I was clear, then I would turn and shoot at her, backpedaling. Combustive Shot is a great skill for this fight and when you can land it, Arcing Arrow bursts her HP down a bit. Balanced Stance gives Vigor if you need for extra dodging, Endure Pain is if you’re in a bind. Signet of Stamina is for sustained Endurance Regen and Condition wiping

It really isn’t a hard fight but it’s hard. Takes good execution

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

As long as you’re using a Ranged weapon kiting her nothing much makes a difference. Try Endure pain to tank an AoE, eating the +40% endurance regen food and using signet of stamina to completely ignore positioning most of the time while kiting her, it makes it much easier. I can’t talk much since it took me like 70 tries though. It all comes down to how skilled you are as a player (if you are on a warrior at least), which I think was great design for a boss fight.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

GS/Rifle…get her to phase 2 and kite clockwise. I felt like it was one of the easiest fights, to be honest. I wish they’d make better enemy AI instead of the one hit kill gimmicks.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

After switching to rifle gs, it acually was quite easy. Got it on the second try.

0/25/20/10/15

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I’m going to drop this here if someone wants to do it like a real man. http://youtu.be/KYAjo4ZZXLo

in Warrior

Posted by: Kiroshima.8497

Kiroshima.8497

Did it with a longbow after learning that the safe zones in stage 2 always rotate clockwise.

I was using a trait assignment of:
0/10/15/30/15

Traited for regen banners.

Just use any melee weapon to kill rifts when they appear, dodge roll if you’re in a bad spot. You shouldn’t have to dodge too much if you use the longbow while always running towards the next safe zone (always ahead of you).

Dynamics Thesis Defense Unit [UNIV] is looking for new thesis defenders.
Friendly environment, no question is too basic. Enroll Now!
~Fort Aspenwood~

in Warrior

Posted by: Arsalan.5240

Arsalan.5240

Anyone manage to get Light Up the Darkness and wish to share their build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

25-III-VII
15-II
30-III-VI-XII

GS/Rifle

Melandru runes, lemongrass food

SoH, BS, EP, SoS, SoR

This is what I used to beat Liadri and it worked rather well. Took me a while to find a build that worked for me (80+ tries) and memorize the patterns. Once you figure out the patterns and how to stay in the safe zones it’s actually pretty easy. Presently working on Light Up the Darkness. Personally I found the reduced condition duration better than Endurance regen. You don’t even have to worry about clearing cripples and stuff in phase2. Just keep your speed boost up with SoR and BS and keep Endure Pain as an oh-kitten button for when you get pulled into the AoE. SoS remains unused to keep endurance regen up along with BS which makes up for not using end regen food.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

in Warrior

Posted by: TheLazyOne.8509

TheLazyOne.8509

I used
30 III-VIII-XI
20 III-VIII
15 III
Sword/Warhorn+Longbow
Had a Sigil of Energy on the Warhorn.
Signet of Stamina, For Great Justice and Signet of Rage. Last utility skill doesn’t really matter. Balanced stance maybe.
Lots of condi damage, food and tuning crystal.
Phase 1, you know the drill.
During phase 2, I stopped running from her. Whenever she caught up to me I F1’d the area around me, blasted it with Arcing Arrow, then dodged the AoE. Then back up a little to create some distance from the visions. Because of the rotation of the AoE, the spot you F1 and dodge around in will be a safe zone the next turn. So just F1 and dodge and watch her burn.
Oh and smash the rifts ASAP, of course.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Anyone manage to get Light Up the Darkness and wish to share their build?

Managed to do it a few hours ago:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Light-up-the-Darkness-Achievment-Completed/first#post2598941