Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

So many get out of jail free cards

I hate this build so much lol……..

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

You were outplayed, isn’t it obvious? Haven’t you ever seen ‘Hollow Man’? It takes an exploding elevator shaft with the thief in it to kill him…\

No seriously, insane skill man, kudo’s.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

I agree that D/P build is pretty cheesy, that’s why I don’t use it.

All is vain.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

You were outplayed, isn’t it obvious? Haven’t you ever seen ‘Hollow Man’? It takes an exploding elevator shaft with the thief in it to kill him…\

LOL! Yeah that’s how it feels sometimes… The blinds are just so bad now though I don’t know what to do

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Yeah you’re right. BRB gonna go to thief forums and cry about it.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

Thieves play a very different game than every other class. I hope the rpg market never sees another implementation of a stealth class as ridiculous as what GW2 has created.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Equip mace/shield and GS. You can face Chuck Norris with it and stand a chance. If you also equip Healing Signet, win.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Yeah you’re right. BRB gonna go to thief forums and cry about it.

Don’t worry, we get our share of complaints on a daily basis.

All is vain.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Thieves play a very different game than every other class. I hope the rpg market never sees another implementation of a stealth class as ridiculous as what GW2 has created.

NO cooldown itsself is just a dumb kittening idea.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Equip mace/shield and GS. You can face Chuck Norris with it and stand a chance. If you also equip Healing Signet, win.

Noo… I’ll remain one of the underdogs who refuses to conform to the cookie cutting latter

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: Rance Webster.2635

Rance Webster.2635

Hate those type of thiefs… you manage to lower their health down, they go “poof”, and can’t see them, or keep blinding me like hell, making me unable to hit >.<

Just… I just want a nerf to blind

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Noo… I’ll remain one of the underdogs who refuses to conform to the cookie cutting latter

Then dont conplain about a build when you have options to fight it on better ground. I do agree D/P is cheesy as hell in WvW but using stuns on him is a good counter a long with berserkers stance. Range weapons are better than melee weapons too but depends on your class.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Then dont conplain about a build when you have options to fight it on better ground. I do agree D/P is cheesy as hell in WvW but using stuns on him is a good counter a long with berserkers stance. Range weapons are better than melee weapons too but depends on your class.

Actually, the m/s + gs build can have problems against d/p. They will just pop a black powder at your feet, and since all your attacks save 1 are melee, you won’t be able to hit them. 100bing through it is also not very ineffective. You can possibly pop berkserkers stance to have an 8 second attack window, but that just means they use their shadowstep and go back to black powder.

If the thieve gets overzealous you might be able to punish them. But they can otherwise just sit in their black powder. Luckily this means they will have to leave their black powder if you choose to stand back as well, but they can just backstab and black powder again.

A longbow would likely be much more useful against a d/p thief, although I haven’t used one in quite some time.

EDIT: Also, that was a really nice move you did with earthshaker → stagger blow to knock them out of the refuge. If your crippling wave had come out a split second earlier, you probably would’ve killed the first thief.

I still think black powder is really lame for the stomp guarantee. You can do similar things with other classes, but you often have to spend a cooldown to do so (i.e. engg flamethrower). The BP ends up basically being for free.

(edited by Yamsandjams.3267)

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Well I don’t feel like paying 20-30 gold to switch builds everytime there’s an update. I made this from scratch and it can kill 90% of what I face with my current skill level. Had I got my heal off before I died to the bleed stacks, the battle might have taken a different approach. I could also go the other rout and say man.. those blinds were sure easy for that unskilled thief to dominate me with. Lyssa is a strong build too, it just takes a lot of plays and you can’t screw up like I did various times when I wasted cooldowns in the blind. Ranged weapons suck on a war, unless I run condi’s, which again theives will dominate me. That’s probably the 1 weakness with longbow is that thief has so many teleports that LB is used mainly for the fire field. Also note the clunkyness of the kitten skill animations and 30% of the time my f1 won’t even fire…..

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Actually, the m/s + gs build can have problems against d/p. They will just pop a black powder at your feet, and since all your attacks save 1 are melee, you won’t be able to hit them. 100bing through it is also not very ineffective. You can possibly pop berkserkers stance to have an 8 second attack window, but that just means they use their shadowstep and go back to black powder.

If the thieve gets overzealous you might be able to punish them. But they can otherwise just sit in their black powder. Luckily this means they will have to leave their black powder if you choose to stand back as well, but they can just backstab and black powder again.

A longbow would likely be much more useful against a d/p thief, although I haven’t used one in quite some time.

EDIT: Also, that was a really nice move you did with earthshaker -> stagger blow to knock them out of the refuge. If your crippling wave had come out a split second earlier, you probably would’ve killed the first thief.

I still think black powder is really lame for the stomp guarantee. You can do similar things with other classes, but you often have to spend a cooldown to do so (i.e. engg flamethrower). The BP ends up basically being for free.

Seems like you’re one of the few who notice what I had to do there lol. you can fight them outside the blackpowder. There’s a certain range where you’re not hit and you can hit them which I did here. It just becomes overwhelming when another kitten comes in and they both use it on you so you have to be godly with positioning…

I feel like Hammer still needs some rework and many of the skills are LONGER than the listed time. Earthshaker takes atleast 1.2 seconds just to initiate… that 3/4 second cast time is just bullkitten.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

LOL! Yeah that’s how it feels sometimes… The blinds are just so bad now though I don’t know what to do

Play defensively, strafe around the smoke field without touching it. If the thief disengages just don’t follow. In the grand scheme of things they are pretty easy to deal with 1v1 as long as you aren’t intent on killing them.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Play defensively, strafe around the smoke field without touching it. If the thief disengages just don’t follow. In the grand scheme of things they are pretty easy to deal with 1v1 as long as you aren’t intent on killing them.

Believe me I’ve taken every rout. The only reason they’d leave you alone is if they’re getting to their zerg, or… there’s a zerg about to swarm me and him. They will constantly keep you locked in combat, wait till some other pric arrives, then 2v1 you like a coward. So I generally try to finish them. I nearly had him too, but I should have kept running.

Playing defensively is me running away when my spike fails. After that a warrior is just horrible in a long, sustained fight.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: matthen.5024

matthen.5024

You got downed by two thieves, or did I miss something? Fighting two thieves is harder then most 2v1’s…. but it’s still a 2v1. You’re not supposed to win.

Looks to me like you would have dropped the first guy if the second didn’t enter the fight. Good video.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

This video is a great example of why I hate the entire thief class. It doesn’t matter how much of a horrible player you are, the ridiculous stealth mechanics in this game give them a free escape until another one of their tryhard buddies shows up to save them.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

This video is a great example of why I hate the entire thief class. It doesn’t matter how much of a horrible player you are, the ridiculous stealth mechanics in this game give them a free escape until another one of their tryhard buddies shows up to save them.

Mesmers are even worse………. Especially a staff mes. I saw such a bad reaction time mesmer get cc’d almost every Earthshaker, but then just destroys me with damage and keeps teleporting away. ALMOST as bad as a tryhard theif buddy. LOL.

I feel like that’s almost every player I face, they run away from me, then come back tryharding with another or 2 more buddies. If they get you they actually /laugh on your corpse like they achieved something. Ohh the scheming, I’m loathing just thinking of it.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Sil.4560

That’s a part of why I’ve stopped running hammer in WvW. Group play is fun, but it’s too annoying to watch the low CD escape skills save bad players in smaller fights and 1v1. I’ve had some great success with my new build though.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Puandro.3245

So finally home and watched the video, you lost because it was a 2v1, like most thieves they suck so its easy to outplay them.

@ Yamsandjams.3267

Yes M/S GS can have problems but so does every warrior build thats melee. Unlike callahans build though M/S GS has more defense vs thieves. Also don’t underestimate the damage you can do with shield bash and WW alone.

As for thieves healing in stealth, its actually pretty low, usually they use their heal in stealth though so thats why it seems like they heal a lot. Warrior signet alone heals more per second than a thief in stealth, waaay more.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: Valroth.7138

Valroth.7138

I don’t get it. Do you think this thief was supposed to just keel over and die to your hammer? He got smashed and had to run, just barely made it out alive before his buddy arrived. No doubt he talks about your stuns in the same way you talk about his blinds and stealth.

Oh wait, you’re like 10x better at the game than him right? D/P is easy mode, hammer requires epic skills. OOOOKAAAAYYY BROOOO.

Good vid, nice gear, thanks for the entertainment. Your attitude sucks.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Sil.4560

The point is, the thief didn’t live because he was skilled enough to read tells and dodge attacks accordingly; he didn’t live because he knew how to time stuns. He lived because he was able to go completely invisible and have a free escape by virtue of his attacker being unable to land the smackdown an unskilled player deserves. We’re saying that his stealth is a crutch.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: Valroth.7138

Valroth.7138

Stealth is a crutch for thieves in the same way shield block and endure pain are for warriors. A warrior running sword/shield + greatsword can troll with mobility in much the same way.

I’m not defending stealth. I think stealth begs for trolling that just frustrates and annoys more than anything else, but thieves have been balanced around it so there really isn’t a solution. WvW roaming is a circus stage, no point being affected by it.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Yet, thieves say that blind isnt spammable, LOL at their pathetic attitudes.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

They should remove the ability for them to teleport when Rooted,it just doesn’t make sense.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

They should remove the ability for them to teleport when Rooted,it just doesn’t make sense.

They should remake thief spam fest mechanics, thats the core problem of that cheese class.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Stealth – Working as intented!!!

On a serious note, well played man. Seriously, well played.

Funny thing tho – I’ve played many, many MMORPGs. The big majority of those RPGs had an Assassin class that had stealth and I was always saying to my friends: “Dudes stealth is the most kittened mechanic one can put into an MMORPG with pvp, it’s broken and it should never be there!”, and then I continued: “I mean look at GW1, no stealth there, Anet knows what they are doing, they know what is cheesy, and it’s the best spvp on MMORPG market!”

Now the funny part: Anet releases GW2 where stealth just broke new ground of cheesiness! In no other game could you perma stealth. In other MMORPGs stealth was usually available for like 10- seconds out of 60, when you attacked you lost stealth, when you took damage you lost stealth, there were classes that could unstealth you with their skill, when you were in stealth you walked 25-33% slower. None of that in GW2, perma stealth with no drawbacks all the way! You can even kittening stealth your whole team, YES!!!!

Seriously Anet, is what you see on that video the game you imagined would be fun and balanced?

I just wish this question answered by one of Anet staff, the one that designed the classes, preferably.

(edited by samo.1054)

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: Opynn.2936

Opynn.2936

I don’t get it. Do you think this thief was supposed to just keel over and die to your hammer? He got smashed and had to run, just barely made it out alive before his buddy arrived. No doubt he talks about your stuns in the same way you talk about his blinds and stealth.

Oh wait, you’re like 10x better at the game than him right? D/P is easy mode, hammer requires epic skills. OOOOKAAAAYYY BROOOO.

Good vid, nice gear, thanks for the entertainment. Your attitude sucks.

I doubt he talks about stuns in the same way as he talks about his blind and stealth.

Theif can spam blind, from range… using autoattack
He cant spam stun, his stun is very telegraphed, have 10s or 7 cd, he need adrenaline to use it
Stealth have no counter other than guessing game and stupidity ot stealth user.
Stun counters- dodge, evades on weapon, blind, stabilty, stun break, abilities that teleports you away.
If theif cant dodge earthsaker in 1v1 he srsly need l2p.
Hammer require more skill than spaming blind for sure, esspecialy burts skill- is a skill “shot” and you need to predict where your opponent will be second after you us .

Opyrr[GoT] Warrior

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

You got downed by two thieves, or did I miss something? Fighting two thieves is harder then most 2v1’s…. but it’s still a 2v1. You’re not supposed to win.

Looks to me like you would have dropped the first guy if the second didn’t enter the fight. Good video.

Wrong. First guy would just stealth away and he would never catch him. 1st guy ONLY appeared later again because he saw that 2nd thief attacked warrior, so he was confy enough to come out of his kitten stealth and look like hero there. Without 2nd thief that 1st one would be running to his mother crying for warriors nerfs.

But overall, once again bad player is rewarded for bad play. Thief class ladies and gentelmen.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Sil.4560

Wrong. First guy would just stealth away and he would never catch him. 1st guy ONLY appeared later again because he saw that 2nd thief attacked warrior, so he was confy enough to come out of his kitten stealth and look like hero there. Without 2nd thief that 1st one would be running to his mother crying for warriors nerfs.

But overall, once again bad player is rewarded for bad play. Thief class ladies and gentelmen.

Exactly what annoys me about the class and 90% of the people who play it.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Puandro.3245

I was running a trio of thiefs last night. Soooooooo much cheeeese. We were running around with perma stealth and BS poor ppl when they had no idea where we were coming from, then slipping away. I have to admit it was very fun but im sure many ppl broke their keyboards.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

My only complaint about those builds or blind-reliant builds is that even if you block a move that applies blind, you still get blinded. Makes about as much sense as thieves not getting revealed when they get blocked.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

My only complaint about those builds or blind-reliant builds is that even if you block a move that applies blind, you still get blinded. Makes about as much sense as thieves not getting revealed when they get blocked.

We are playing thief of wars here remember, with the most broken stealth class in the history of mmorpg.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

My my, I never expected this post to encourage such healthy debate. Keep it coming guys. Maybe the devs will read this after sorting their troves of green paper.

There’s been a lot of very great points mentioned on the warrior side against the perma blind build for thief. Haven’t seen any relevant counters to these posts yet lol…

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Another thing to note is how bad we are in general on open land, but if you watch my other videos I abuse line of sight on walls/corners and even trees-I wish there were more trees in this game lol… I’ve gotta say we’re probably the best class that can abuse LOS and terrain with Engie coming in second.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Sil.4560

Oh man, more terrain stuff in general in WvW. Fighting near a couple of trees against anything with range is hilarious.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Oh man, more terrain stuff in general in WvW. Fighting near a couple of trees against anything with range is hilarious.

I’m gonna upload 2 videos tomorrow, hopefully you guys will be generous with the veiws. Some hilarious kitten that I can’t help but share LOL

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

I’m gonna upload 2 videos tomorrow, hopefully you guys will be generous with the veiws. Some hilarious kitten that I can’t help but share LOL

Want to see.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

What build is used in that Video?
I want to get my warrior back out of my closet and try some nice power based builds

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

Unskilled peons....

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

What build is used in that Video?
I want to get my warrior back out of my closet and try some nice power based builds

will upload at the end of my video tonight.