Upcoming Hambow nerfs

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

For your information.

Hambow Warrior

- Arcing Shot (Longbow 3) – hit too hard, reduced damage by 15%.

- Merciless Hammer – Right now you deal 25% to crowd-controlled enemies, we reduced that by 5% to 20%.

- Impale (Sword 4) – right now it applies torment over 10s – made it so it applies torments over 4 seconds.

- 8% healing Signet nerf

- Obvious Animation and 3/4 cast time to pin down.

Other nerfs not warrior exclusive:

- Runes of Lyssa: Now turns 5 conditions into boons.

I think i list them all.

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

To put it delicately, if you haven’t one-shot landscape mobs 2-3 at a time with Arcing Shot and thought “this is going to get nerfed” then you weren’t paying attention.

The Lyssa Runes change was even more obviously coming. Then number of times I’ve tried to brainstorm a build around this or that interesting rune set and the answer has being a chorus of “I’d never try that over my Runes of Lyssa”… Those runes were toxic to any sort of variety.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Don’t forget about the huge nerf to Building Momentum. That is probably the biggest nerf we will receive although 15% nerf to Arcing Arrow is pretty significant.

Lyssa runes needed a rework, don’t dispute that change. 5% from merciless hammer will barely be felt.

The torment on sword I must agree was pretty powerful.

However all of these changes together will be a huge nerf to the warrior.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

(edited by killahmayne.9518)

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Don’t forget about the huge nerf to Building Momentum. That is probably the biggest nerf we will receive although 15% nerf to Arcing Arrow is pretty significant.

Lyssa runes needed a rework, don’t dispute that change. 5% from merciless hammer will barely be felt.

The torment on sword I must agree was pretty powerful.

However all of these changes together will be a huge nerf to the warrior.

Not for whinners they still want us to be deleted to the meta

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Warriors will be fine and still be the best class overall in this game

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Warriors will be fine and still be the best class overall in this game

Agreed. It will still be the devs’ favorite class.

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

then why would they do this?!@?! #3 is SOO Slow if you cant move or dodge that im sorry they deserve it. now we get telegraphed, weak shots.

and merciless was peoples way of making up for the previous dps loss on hammer, now crit nerf + merciless nerf.

Stop nerfing wars!

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I hope DEVs plan on in the future buffing wars in some other areas. Because they are teetering on underpowered after this patch, compared to what is possible with other professions controlled by skilled players.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

This is so lame. I hate how this is becoming Condition Wars 2. Necros already completely demolish warriors and now we’ll do even less damage to them. Fantastic.

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

killahmayne.9518

Eh, I might go back to my hammer/greatsword for roaming, seems like they’ve dug a nice coffin for my Kudzu to rest in lol.

It kind of puzzles me that they would nerf Arcing Arrow 15%. They’re rationale was that it was too strong. The ferocity nerf already knocks down 20-30% damage from it on crit. A 7000 crit on arcing arrow will hit for around 4,900 to 5,400. Add a 15% nerf to that and in the end it will probably hit for somewhere around 4,000-4,500. I understand that it is from a sPvP point of view but IMO 15% is too much, especially for such a slow moving projectile. It should of been an sPvP nerf only. They are doing this on top of a increased cast time on pindown, and a nerf of building momentum to 15%.

Well ladies and gentlemen the community spoke, this is just the beginning of the Warrior being nerfed to oblivion. But somehow I am relieved b/c nobody can use the excuse that Warriors are OP, although I’m pretty sure there still will be crybabies.

It’s ok though, live and adapt.

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

It kind of puzzles me that they would nerf Arcing Arrow 15%. They’re rationale was that it was too strong. The ferocity nerf already knocks down 20-30% damage from it on crit.

A global reduction in damage doesn’t mean outliers won’t still need to get trimmed.

It was out of scale. When everything comes down 10-15% from the ferocity change, it would still be out of scale.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

For your information.

- Impale (Sword 4) – right now it applies torment over 10s – made it so it applies torments over 4 seconds.

That’s a buff. Torment has become more bursty on warrior. The 5 stacks rack up faster.

The additional torment stacks past 5 stacks was nice but not essential.

With the addition of perplexity runes, condi warrior is going to become even more of a monster. The “shaves” to perplexity runes was actually a good change. Applying confusion when receiving hits is great for condi warrior, who’s supposed to act like a meat shield — even better than the previous effect.

(edited by zone.1073)

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Oh boy, more damage nerfs that also affect PvE builds. Now there’s even less reason to take longbow in PvE. I really don’t think DAMAGE is the problem with Hambow, it’s how forgiving it is to play and how often you can get off your skills in the time frame you are alive.

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: KittyRiv.5291

KittyRiv.5291

Doesn’t look like a good patch for warriors. Could be the end of gw2 for me if I feel like they are in the trash bin after actually playing with the updates.

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: Trantzz.4160

Trantzz.4160

For your information.

That’s a buff. Torment has become more bursty on warrior. The 5 stacks rack up faster.

With the addition of perplexity runes, condi warrior is going to become even more of a monster. The “shaves” to perplexity runes was actually a good change. Applying confusion when receiving hits is great for condi warrior, who’s supposed to act like a meat shield — even better than the previous effect.

Zone to the rescue!

Will the perplexity runes give us enough survivability? I have not seen the breakdown..

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

For your information.

With those changes, condition warriors will be stronger against not so good players imo, but against good players will be weaker.
With the new cast time of pin down this skill will be easely dodged and the ability to remove all torment stacks after 4 seconds will be a lot easier .
The issue with impale was not removing the torment, but the ability of impale to give torment again after they cleanse it. Good players complained about the counter play to impale and now they got it.

After the patch warrior will be weaker in high end PvP, but in hotjoins will be stronger.

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

For your information.

Zone to the rescue!

Will the perplexity runes give us enough survivability? I have not seen the breakdown..

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/gw2-pvp-build-UI-17.jpg

That runes will be extremely good on mesmers because of their instacast interrupts.

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

killahmayne.9518

It kind of puzzles me that they would nerf Arcing Arrow 15%. They’re rationale was that it was too strong. The ferocity nerf already knocks down 20-30% damage from it on crit.

A global reduction in damage doesn’t mean outliers won’t still need to get trimmed.

It was out of scale. When _everything_ comes down 10-15% from the ferocity change, it would still be out of scale.

I’m talking about WvW, where unlike PvE condition builds are popular.

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Mace/sword longbow will be the new condition warrior. Calling it now.

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: Kuper.2641

Kuper.2641

^^ Good job on calling something that already is true.

Ham/bow will still be one of the strongest builds a Warrior can play due to the team support and AoE Stuns to help/stop ressing/stomps.

I predict Warriors to become Hybrid builds with a might sharing (new trait) heavy CC with Perplexity Runes (Hammer – Mace/shield). this will be one build I’ll be looking at for the lulz to begin with and we’ll see where it goes. (sigil of Nullification to remove stability) You could get massive amounts of confusion on someone, but if its worth it??

The changes to Ham/Bow really aren’t that significant in reality. Even if they were to nerf the build on average of 10% (5% on stunned and 15% on Arch isn’t 10%). You are still going to be outputting a ton of damage with the CC to prevent any incoming damage to yourself. It will just take 10% longer time to kill that player. It will still be one of the most played builds, just not as easy for bad warriors to play effectively.

The support Warrior will be able to provide whilst doing great damage will make them as needed as a bunker guardian in Team PvP. Guardians have Empower, Warriors will have something like Great sword with Might on Crit traited and Hoelbrak Runes, drop your warbanner for continuous might stacks, now warriors give massive might to team fights (Great sword/Hammer) – Even Hambow, blasting the Fire field with Battle Sigil gives 25 stacks of might by themselves.

Really looking forward to the changes and I’m happy Bad warriors will stop getting a easy ride in sPvP. L2P better and stop crying!

[VII] Seventh Legion
Ex-Guild/Raid Leader/Commander
www.seventhlegion.net

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

People actually used lb 3 for purposes other than the blast finisher? This is news to me.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Longbow will still be incredibly powerful. Arcing shot was insane aoe damage comparable to a 5-target eviscerate and even after 15% nerf it will still be a powerhouse. Combustive shot + arcing arrow at your location is pretty much an impenetrable defense against thieves and will still give you free might.

The pin down nerf isn’t even that bad… it is still only as slow as the auto-attack, which is to say, not slow. You might even be able to cancel it reliably now.

PvP is getting sigil of renewal which completely offsets healing signet nerf with fast hands. And now your longbow (and hammer if you take it… personally I like axe shield) can take an extra sigil so it is completely free.

Lyssa nerf is the biggest nerf. But it was a long time coming. Not really fair that only thief and war could take advantage of such a powerful effect. Might be worth it to switch to a new runeset like strength (coupled with sigil of battle).

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

People actually used lb 3 for purposes other than the blast finisher? This is news to me.

pin down → lb 3, with a respectable amount of direct damage in your build that’ll one shot glassy people. Of course with the same or less setup so does backstab, the full animation of lava font (untraited), 2-3 hits from meteor shower, judges→spin guardian, kill shot, a few cluster bombs, big ol bomb, maul, all of 100b, a couple unloads, eviscerate, … I could keep going but I think you get the point.

Upcoming Hambow nerfs

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

For me the lyssa runes change its not a big deal. Instead of removing the conditions it will turn them to boons. With that change i will look for the conditions, press the elite button and after clean the remain conditions and keep the boons. It some ways lyssa could remain OP as now or even more.
The nerf to pin down is more severe. Now you can predict a move or attack and immo the target, after the patch pin down will be used only for damage proposes. Warrior as a class will loose with that change.