Posted by: Lordmoppdog.6341

Lordmoppdog.6341

Thanks for duels Vaanss although they were really long xD

[VIDEO] WvW Duels ft. I Exy I and Vaanss

in Warrior

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

dude whats up with all the kiting??
i get so annoyed when i duel or run into a warrior who cant really counter and relies on kiting to survive. so whenever i encounter one of these guys in wvw and notice all the kiting, i become a sitting duck and try not to move as much as possible to just mock them. it gets even funnier when i watch these people running around all over the map thinking that im after them when im actually just standing still and waiting for them to approach me so i can counter the crap of them and then they do it all over again lol. at this point im no longer interested in the duel and more of just messing with them XD

either you are a good warrior and know how to dodge and counter your profession, or simply die trying because there is someone out there better than you. i love intense duels when both parties are at the edge of life and are going all out, waiting for someone to make the slightest mistake.

here’s an example how I fight other warriors and win with a shout build lol because i know how to deal with them, skip to 3:25 to avoid the 3 newbie examples i show Click here to watch

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

in Warrior

Posted by: faker.7253

faker.7253

^
lol
“either you are a good warrior and know how to dodge”
looked the vid at 3:25. he ate every hammerstun

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

i get so annoyed when i duel or run into a warrior who cant really counter and relies on kiting to survive. so whenever i encounter one of these guys in wvw and notice all the kiting, i become a sitting duck and try not to move as much as possible to just mock them. it gets even funnier when i watch these people running around all over the map thinking that im after them when im actually just standing still and waiting for them to approach me so i can counter the crap of them and then they do it all over again lol. at this point im no longer interested in the duel and more of just messing with them XD

either you are a good warrior and know how to dodge and counter your profession, or simply die trying because there is someone out there better than you. i love intense duels when both parties are at the edge of life and are going all out, waiting for someone to make the slightest mistake.

here’s an example how I fight other warriors and win with a shout build lol because i know how to deal with them, skip to 3:25 to avoid the 3 newbie examples i show Click here to watch

Why do this man? You try to be original with your weird shout build, and now you come into some other guy’s topic screamin he’s bad? I dueled Exy and you would do well to show some respect.

Both of these warriors would eat you alive.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Lordmoppdog.6341

I appreciate that u took the time to write all that but you probably don’t realise that mobility is a Warriors best friend. When fighting a good opponent, unlike the one u wanted me to watch, u need to keep track of your movement because you wont have enough dodges to avoid all cc and burst

in Warrior

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

i apologize for what i said :/ maybe the whole kiting with rush just bother me

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

(edited by darkaheart.4265)

in Warrior

Lordmoppdog.6341

Apology accepted ^^

in Warrior

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

Worrier is hardddddd.

Very complex gameplay loop.

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

in Warrior

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

Worrier is hardddddd.

no it’s not all you do is make sure the enemy is targeted than use your abilities as soon as they’re off cd

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Worrier is hardddddd.

no it’s not all you do is make sure the enemy is targeted than use your abilities as soon as they’re off cd

As u’ve just mentioned, you don’t play warr, so please…

in Warrior

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

i watched vanns rifle warrior and i think the gameplay style is very similar to a ranger.
Shoot from far, kite, shoot from far.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Warrior

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

Worrier is hardddddd.

As u’ve just mentioned, you don’t play warr, so please…

i was jokingggg

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I’d have to agree,the kiting in there is just stupid to say the least,you’re playing on a small kitten map for god sake,you’re not in wvw.Too much 3 – 5 and passive regen.That’s not a duel,that’s playing cat & mouse while being Really dependant on healsig and adren hp regen.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

I’d have to agree,the kiting in there is just stupid to say the least,you’re playing on a small kitten map for god sake,you’re not in wvw.Too much 3 – 5 and passive regen.That’s not a duel,that’s playing cat & mouse while being Really dependant on healsig and adren hp regen.

Play warr, duel another good warr, nuff said

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

i watched vanns rifle warrior and i think the gameplay style is very similar to a ranger.

indeed, it’s basically a mini longbow power ranger

On topic, jump dodge is bad….

(edited by lighter.2708)

in Warrior

Lordmoppdog.6341

^ Dis

in Warrior

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

i apologize for what i said :/ maybe the whole kiting with rush just bother me

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw/

Read that. Don’t ever be bothered again. :D

in Warrior

Caedmon.6798

I do for the past 3 years.

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Then, no offense, you’ve never dueled a good warr, or u’re still bad at it yourself.

in Warrior

Caedmon.6798

Then, no offense, you’ve never dueled a good warr, or u’re still bad at it yourself.

That is an offense,as you know aswell.You can’t make a statement like that,“Sorry no offense but youre a terrible player,just because i disagree with what you said !”while not knowing who you’re talking too,not knowing anything about the player his build or the style he prefers playing,but just saying someone is bad because you disagree with something being said,is a non statement.I don’t like the way they prefer playing,i can be positive about vaans vids,but not about this..I know you need to kite when it comes to 1vx with his build,but doing the same thing vs 1 player. That’s not how i play,or prefer to play,is all.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

That is an offense,as you know aswell.You can’t make a statement like that,“Sorry no offense but youre a terrible player,just because i disagree with what you said !”while not knowing who you’re talking too,not knowing anything about the player his build or the style he prefers playing,but just saying someone is bad because you disagree with something being said,is a non statement.I don’t like the way they prefer playing,i can be positive about vaans vids,but not about this..I know you need to kite when it comes to 1vx with his build,but doing the same thing vs 1 player. That’s not how i play,or prefer to play,is all.

I rather claimed that u’ve not dueled a good warr, or, (as I admit I said) you’d probably have to, rather, not be as good. I don’t quite understand what u mean with “I know you need to kite when it comes to 1vx with his build,but doing the same thing vs 1 player”.
Seems to me like u say something like. “When a bread is a bread it is a bread, but when the bread is a bread it’s not a bread”. Anyways, then what is your play style then? In warr vs warr, hammers perhaps? Eat every stun?

in Warrior

Caedmon.6798

I rather claimed that u’ve not dueled a good warr, or, (as I admit I said) you’d probably have to, rather, not be as good. I don’t quite understand what u mean with “I know you need to kite when it comes to 1vx with his build,but doing the same thing vs 1 player”.
Seems to me like u say something like. “When a bread is a bread it is a bread, but when the bread is a bread it’s not a bread”. Anyways, then what is your play style then? In warr vs warr, hammers perhaps? Eat every stun?

Makes no sense when you don’t know who you’re talking too,or who the player did duel in all that time,you never knew him.Besides there’s a difference in avoiding a spike,or simply running your kitten all over the map to constantly let the regen do the work,it’s cheap.Also im not here to proof a thing,i made a comment at the OP,some internetwarrior telling me i’m bad is the least of my concerns.All i had to say is in my previous comment,there’s nothing too add and again,i’m not here to proof anything.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Makes no sense when you don’t know who you’re talking too,or who the player did duel in all that time,you never knew him.Besides there’s a difference in avoiding a spike,or simply running your kitten all over the map to constantly let the regen do the work,it’s cheap.Also im not here to proof a thing,i made a comment at the OP,some internetwarrior telling me i’m bad is the least of my concerns.All i had to say is in my previous comment,there’s nothing too add and again,i’m not here to proof anything.

To me u imply that playing the way they are, is lame, skillles and maybe also bad… Wich it really isn’t, theese are great warrs, and playing like this is just proof of it.

in Warrior

Caedmon.6798

To me u imply that playing the way they are, is lame, skillles and maybe also bad… Wich it really isn’t, theese are great warrs, and playing like this is just proof of it.

I’m not,i know vaans is a nice player and ive responded on several vids from vaans where i was positive on how he outplayed alot of people.I don’t have to be positive about every vid right.

in Warrior

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I fell asleep during the first 5 minutes of the video and didn’t bother watching past that. Vaanss kited you the entire fight at 20% health. There was hardly any skill involved imo. Hammer skills are too easy NOT to dodge and most of it was just 3 and 5 on the greatsword. Tbh, if Vaannss had another dodge at the end of the first fight, it would have dragged out a lot longer. It looks like you just got lucky for that one.

I’ve seen videos by Vaannss before and this just wasn’t entertaining for me to watch.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

indeed, it’s basically a mini longbow power ranger

On topic, jump dodge is bad….

Jumping in general is a horrible habit. It’s great when people like that suddenly get hit with an Entangle from out of their LoS and it might as well be a 9s stun.

Get hit with an immob midair as anything but cele in PvP, you’re unable to do anything about it and dead in a second from their thief.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Boring video. Show highlights next time pls.

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

It’s fun how people complain about warriors kiting, when there are professions that don’t do anything else during a fight.

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Yup – kiting is pretty normal in a duel I don’t understand why people complaining xD

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: Qiraa.4130

Qiraa.4130

from a viewers perspective its not the most exciting duel to watch but that dont make the fight itself bad

kiting is very underrated in a melee fight and i think more ppl should consider it when the fight is not going to your favor (not saying run all across the map tho)

Qiraa Kasapi of UNTY, Aurora Glade

in Warrior

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

I think I can interpret what he’s saying,

One of you fights like Floyd Mayweather

I’m teasing.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

(edited by EnderzShadow.2506)

in Warrior

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

usualy if during a duel the opponent run away from me i dont go on pursuit, i read that move as a retire, so it’s my win.
If the opponent kite with a ranged weapon then i go rush on him, if the opponent kite with a melee weapon like Vans did in this video, i just stop myself and let him regen like me, as i said i see it as a retire and win by default.

Also if i can give some advice to improve, in this video i see really really nice dodges, but really really bad skill rotations too, it’s like you guys are just waiting the cd to pop, while you should use the right skill in the right moment, that is not necessarly when the cd end. Also a good warrior should put much more pressure with autoattack forcing useless dodge, else it happens that when you have ready hammerstun the opponent has still many dodge and can easy read your attack. I see you are using stability as a break stun, but in fact should be used to avoid beeing stunned and been able to stay in melee range.
Also a lot of your whirlwind attacks start too far, and skill 5 of GS has no use to run away, you should use it in a more offensive way, forcing at least a dodge from the opponent.

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

usualy if during a duel the opponent run away from me i dont go on pursuit, i read that move as a retire, so it’s my win.
If the opponent kite with a ranged weapon then i go rush on him, if the opponent kite with a melee weapon like Vans did in this video, i just stop myself and let him regen like me, as i said i see it as a retire and win by default.

So you don’t play engineer, necro, mesmer, thief, ranger and guardian then?

What you’re saying is narrow-minded. An opponent kiting you does not mean he lost, it means he uses a skill to gain the upper hand.

It’s annoying, but it’s not losing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Looks like a tickle fight between 2 “warriors” who don’t want to fight eachother. :P

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

Posted by: Brawl.5178

Brawl.5178

you guys need a cage to keep you from running so much! its a fight not a track event lol

I are a warrioh