[Vid] Obindo Warrior WvW Roaming

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Just a shorty, sorry for terribad video quality, took straight from twitch.

Enjoy!

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Exact same build/rune use etc I wanted to try and people told me it would be kitten when I posted it last week. Lmfao, Idk why I even ask questions on this forum.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Well, durability was removed for a reason, the build is pretty meta but significantly inferior to any meta build in sPvP. WvW is so random hence a bad, if not the worse, medium to judge a build.

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Exact same build/rune use etc I wanted to try and people told me it would be kitten when I posted it last week. Lmfao, Idk why I even ask questions on this forum.

Never listen to forums :p

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Well, durability was removed for a reason, the build is pretty meta but significantly inferior to any meta build in sPvP. WvW is so random hence a bad, if not the worse, medium to judge a build.

Wat?

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Wat?

What do you think of marauder with the durability runes? Or sacrificing too much dmg?

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Fivedawgs.4267

Wat?

What to?

- The build being mediocre in sPvP (in comparison to meta build such as condi warrior, rifle , even mace power warrior can beat GS/axe) , granted that both players are of equal skill?

-or WvW being the worst medium to test a build since gear isn’t standardized?

- or Durability being broken?

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Obino was also the guy who said Berserker spec was trash, now hes using it in a vid. Just becasue somone is able to win a 1v2 shouldn’t be an indication if a rune is optimal or now. I think everyone still agrees for warrior strength or pack runes are still the best. With Scholar being really great too when u can get the jump on other players. Pack is probably the best for berserker spec as you miss out on fury and swiftness when u dont take signet of rage or use normal GS burst for fury.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Fivedawgs.4267

Although I agree with most of you post, durability was indeed broken 25% boon during, 3.6 sec of protection , toughness and vitality?? Like you could go straight zerker with durability.

Unlike durability, packs require either maurader or demolished or zerker +RR.

But there are better runes in wvw tbh.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Durability is propably the best rune currently available. It´s good on nearly any build. But for a power Warrior there are more fiting offensive options. Going Marauder and adding Durability for a bit defence can´t go wrong but i get much more punch with pack rune.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

This just in:
GW2 player runs build. Find success. So much win. Wow.

~Drama ensues

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Enjoy!

Sins when are you not using pack anymore :o?
2 months earlyer I asked you: you ever roam with Durability?
Then you said “Im not a d**k so no” but now Im confused brah xd

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

(edited by Hoaxintelligence.4628)

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Although I agree with most of you post, durability was indeed broken 25% boon during, 3.6 sec of protection , toughness and vitality?? Like you could go straight zerker with durability.

True but here is Obinos build.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAneRnMdAlkidhAWhAElilqADpA0ACAK9gYXO4d0mantA-TVCHABAp87JlgFcCAI4IAMwhAg89HA4BA0n6PhpPIAACwNbz28mBWuyVuyVuy5mL3m3c52sUAju1C-w

With a better min max here is a Pack rune build with better stats. Arguably much better than Obinos build. This build is way more offensive than his, if you want to add leaching to it fine its still way more offensive. While his build is stuck at 49% crit This build spikes to 73% crit and has more damage. So ya the protection and regen probably helps him becasue he cant kill anyone fast. And he has no way to get swiftness at all to help him kite like a pack rune build has.

Instead of running intelligence on the ax since you get 73% crit on this build u can run like agility sigil that with the pack rune = perma swiftness in combat. Thats way better than being stuck at 25% movement and 49% crit like his build and still doing less damage. While outside the 3 secs of Protection and regen his build gets its has no more sustain than this one. personally I think that running dura is not worth it compared to this build. It’s a lazy way to make a build for someone who can’t min max a build properly. It’s like just throw some dura runes on there OK done…Substandard build.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3enMdAVhgdhAmkCElilqADpA0ACAvj2U7sVpHE7yBA-TlSBQBX4IAohDCwVU+lQ1KAwDAwTqqYGlg4R3AR2fYDXAgAAIA38mZz2MYoDdoDdoDtbezhuzhezSBM6WL-w

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Obino was also the guy who said Berserker spec was trash, now hes using it in a vid. Just becasue somone is able to win a 1v2 shouldn’t be an indication if a rune is optimal or now. I think everyone still agrees for warrior strength or pack runes are still the best. With Scholar being really great too when u can get the jump on other players. Pack is probably the best for berserker spec as you miss out on fury and swiftness when u dont take signet of rage or use normal GS burst for fury.

I never said berserker was trash, I said strength was better cuz of it’s superior damage (which it still has), and this I said in previous patches, if u havent understood it, patches often change balance Berserker became better once adrenal health was changed. I don’t need pack that much cuz I always roam with at least Elïann (guildie) who’s a rev soooo….

(edited by Obindo.6802)

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

True but here is Obinos build.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAneRnMdAlkidhAWhAElilqADpA0ACAK9gYXO4d0mantA-TVCHABAp87JlgFcCAI4IAMwhAg89HA4BA0n6PhpPIAACwNbz28mBWuyVuyVuy5mL3m3c52sUAju1C-w

With a better min max here is a Pack rune build with better stats. Arguably much better than Obinos build. This build is way more offensive than his, if you want to add leaching to it fine its still way more offensive. While his build is stuck at 49% crit This build spikes to 73% crit and has more damage. So ya the protection and regen probably helps him becasue he cant kill anyone fast. And he has no way to get swiftness at all to help him kite like a pack rune build has.

Instead of running intelligence on the ax since you get 73% crit on this build u can run like agility sigil that with the pack rune = perma swiftness in combat. Thats way better than being stuck at 25% movement and 49% crit like his build and still doing less damage. While outside the 3 secs of Protection and regen his build gets its has no more sustain than this one. personally I think that running dura is not worth it compared to this build. It’s a lazy way to make a build for someone who can’t min max a build properly. It’s like just throw some dura runes on there OK done…Substandard build.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3enMdAVhgdhAmkCElilqADpA0ACAvj2U7sVpHE7yBA-TlSBQBX4IAohDCwVU+lQ1KAwDAwTqqYGlg4R3AR2fYDXAgAAIA38mZz2MYoDdoDdoDtbezhuzhezSBM6WL-w

Have u heard of Warrior’s Sprint? I don’t need swiftness. And the fury bonus from pack rune doesn’t give u 20% crit chance flat, don’t make it seem like it. I don’t need the ~8-9% crit chance from the fury as I have near perma fury with the rev, unless 1 has to kite e.t.c, in which case, the fury is irrelevant. Durability also increases resistance a lot.

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Enjoy!

Sins when are you not using pack anymore :o?
2 months earlyer I asked you: you ever roam with Durability?
Then you said “Im not a d**k so no” but now Im confused brah xd

I ussually run on budget food, so no defense, and the 3 man comp we roam/3v3 with really calls for durability over pack

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Wat?

What to?

- The build being mediocre in sPvP (in comparison to meta build such as condi warrior, rifle , even mace power warrior can beat GS/axe) , granted that both players are of equal skill?

Wat as in can’t detect any sense

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Wat?

What do you think of marauder with the durability runes? Or sacrificing too much dmg?

Adrenal health made Berserker better than Marauder, altho it was the opposite before. Go with full zerk.

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Obino fury increase your crit by 20% flat, if all you don’t solo roam and only roam with a rev to give you fury and swiftness I can see your point. But if you solo roam at all pack is better than dura. 25% is nothing compared to 33% movment speed in combat bro. Most classes now like Revs, Rangers, eles even gaurds if they run retreat have perma switfness. you are not going to catch them with 25%. And if you try to kite somone who has swiftness and all you got is 25% your not going to be able to kite that. They will easily catch you.

Berserker was always better than Standard warrior also, as it has superior Cleansing ability and better AOE. 2 pretty important things for roaming.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Everyone is so salty.

in Warrior

Fivedawgs.4267

Wat?

What to?

Wat as in can’t detect any sense

So, what’s not making any sense? Point it out to me, so I can correct it.

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Obino fury increase your crit by 20% flat, if all you don’t solo roam and only roam with a rev to give you fury and swiftness I can see your point. But if you solo roam at all pack is better than dura. 25% is nothing compared to 33% movment speed in combat bro. Most classes now like Revs, Rangers, eles even gaurds if they run retreat have perma switfness. you are not going to catch them with 25%. And if you try to kite somone who has swiftness and all you got is 25% your not going to be able to kite that. They will easily catch you.

Berserker was always better than Standard warrior also, as it has superior Cleansing ability and better AOE. 2 pretty important things for roaming.

pack gives u less than 50% uptime of fury, so pack doesn’t give u 20% crit chance flat. You don’t need swiftness at all, the difference between 25% and 33% is miniscule and won’t have any real impact at all. And no. Strength was better before the adrenal health change, I won’t argue about that again, u can go back and look, cuz obviously missed a lot.

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

lol Obinio
Pack
10 secs fury, 20 secs ICD = 50% uptime.
Fatal Frenzy
6s Fury when you activate berserk mode. 15 sec CD.

Total fury 16 seconds 75% uptime.

75% of the time on Pack runes with a base 50% Crit you have 70% Crit.

Now ask me why I would take 75% uptime for Fury over boon duration when berserker warrior doesn’t really put out that much boons.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

So much opinion in this thread and not enough facts…
The warrior race is declining.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

What gave plenty of math to back up my opinions and those maths are facts.

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

25% boon duration for bersi resistance, healing signet resistance, stability, regen… etc. toughness, free 1.2k health, protection on getting hit.. compared to 10% crit chance and 8% speed.. i’m ok if you say pack is good for offensive warrior – but if you cant see why durability is super strong (a lot of people me included would say OP) you are a fool…

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

25% boon duration for bersi resistance, healing signet resistance, stability, regen… etc. toughness, free 1.2k health, protection on getting hit.. compared to 10% crit chance and 8% speed.. i’m ok if you say pack is good for offensive warrior – but if you cant see why durability is super strong (a lot of people me included would say OP) you are a fool…

Where are you getting 10% crit chance from? Pack gives berserker warriors a flat 6% and 75% uptime on Fury. Thats not 10%. Its more like 75% 75% of the time.

25% boon duration gives berserkers stance a total of 1.5 seconds total longer over the total of 3 pulses. so .5 secs longer per pulse. On a 60 sec CD Its not huge like you think. During that time you should be Clearing away condis with CI… Or clearing condis with CI and Brawlers anyways and not wasting zerkers stance.

if you are not fighting somone with condis than besides the 3.x seconds of protection and regen which you have no healing power to boost its totally worthless. And since that bonus just randomly procs it isn’t guaranteed to negate any bursts and could just proc from low damage attacks when u are full HP.

Where durability is good is in group comps of players who are all running them like 5 players all runing dura…With mesmers and Revs to supplement the resistance uptime.. But we are talking about roaming or solo roaming here on a warrior. Not running Boon share AIDS comp on classes that don’t have half the of the condi cleanse warrior has.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Obi’s build has 100 less power 100 more toughness and like 5 mote crit dmg so they hit pretty much the same but you also get bonus from dura runes where as I think, 50% before fury is good enough anyway (at least I run 50%) I see no reason why I would use pack runes, maybe only 1v1’s but that’s about it.

Might even give dura runes ago my self as I mainly use it for wvw raids and that’s the meta now anyway.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

lol Obinio
Pack
Fatal Frenzy

Now ask me why I would take 75% uptime for Fury over boon duration when berserker warrior doesn’t really put out that much boons.

Holy kitten, I didn’t know pack runes gave u fatal frenzy :O
Gw2 forums Kappa

The real question is, why would I take a (slightly less than) 50% fury uptime (when I already have near perma) and thusly making it a reduntant overflow, over protection and resistance for me and my allies (mainly during burst). And why would I take 30% SWIFTNESS DURATION over 20% BOON DURATION. It’s kinda funny how u use Fatal Frenzy as an argument for pack rune, when it’s completely irrelevant whether u use pack rune or not, for it’s not required to have pack rune for it to function, nor does it enhance the trait. However durability rune will indeed enhance the trait. If anything it’s in favour of durability rune.

(edited by Obindo.6802)

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

lol Obinio
Pack
Fatal Frenzy

Gw2 forums Kappa

The real question is, why would I take a (slightly less than) 50% fury uptime (when I already have near perma) and thusly making it a reduntant overflow, over protection and resistance for me and my allies (mainly during burst). And why would I take 30% SWIFTNESS DURATION over 20% BOON DURATION. It’s kinda funny how u use Fatal Frenzy as an argument for pack rune, where it’s completely irrelevant whether u use pack rune or not, for it’s not required to have pack rune to function, nor does it enhance the trait. However durability rune will indeed enhance the trait. If anything it’s in favour of durability rune.

lol whatever man no getting through to you why don’t you ask VaAnSs why he uses pack runes then since you wont take it from me. Hes a better warrior than you and me.

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

lol Obinio
Pack
Fatal Frenzy

Gw2 forums Kappa

The real question is, why would I take a (slightly less than) 50% fury uptime (when I already have near perma) and thusly making it a reduntant overflow, over protection and resistance for me and my allies (mainly during burst). And why would I take 30% SWIFTNESS DURATION over 20% BOON DURATION. It’s kinda funny how u use Fatal Frenzy as an argument for pack rune, where it’s completely irrelevant whether u use pack rune or not, for it’s not required to have pack rune to function, nor does it enhance the trait. However durability rune will indeed enhance the trait. If anything it’s in favour of durability rune.

lol whatever man no getting through to you why don’t you ask VaAnSs why he uses pack runes then since you wont take it from me. Hes a better warrior than you and me.

Oh snap, mom just slapped dad at the dinner table. Let me get my popcorn.

in Warrior

Posted by: GoblinKing.7183

GoblinKing.7183

lol Obinio
Pack
Fatal Frenzy

Gw2 forums Kappa

Next time Vaanss asks Obindo for help and tips about warrior, Obindo’ll be sure to forward your compliment.

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

lol Obinio
Pack
Fatal Frenzy

Gw2 forums Kappa

What is it u’re even trying to get through to me? that 30% swiftness duration is better than 20% boon duration? Where I don’t need swiftness at all, or is it that slightly under 50% fury uptime (more like 10% as I already have near perma) is better than resistance and protection for me and my allies (mainly when getting bursted)?

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

lol Obinio
Pack
Fatal Frenzy

Gw2 forums Kappa

Next time Vaanss asks Obindo for help and tips about warrior, Obindo’ll be sure to forward your compliment.

Obinos answer is find a Rev buddy to carry you. Then argue with warlord on the forum about how your build is awesome.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Fivedawgs.4267

Before I begin, allow me to make the following adsumption:

-Durability was broken in SPVP, hence why it was removed.

Now as far the pack vs durability convoy goes, the answer is pretty much subjective. Both, from the feedback I am getting, work great in WvW, hence durability = safe style … Pack = offensive style. Still, both warlord and Obindo know that Pack trumps Durability (in WvW)

Me, on the other hand, I would try defender over both since I have heard nice things about it. And both warlord and Obindo are right. Warlord is right when he say pack is better than durability; all Obindo is saying is that I understand your point and agree with it to an extent, however I don’t need pack since I am roaming with a boon share rev

Still, that doesn’t exclude the fact that the build is mediocre in SPvP compared to other meta such as rifle, condi, even an equal skilled mace/gs power warrio could beat this combination; and that WvW is the worst medium to test a build.

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Good analysis 5dawgs. Defender rune is more imbalanced than than any other rune on warrior in wvw. It is OP. I personally don’t use it but I did try it and its OP. I feel the lack of Power stats from using a rune that gieves healing power makes it kinda weak offensively. If you want to get a little armor or somthing too than your going to have pretty low attack power with Defender like 2300. Which is kinda low.

reason I don’t use defender is because I don’t always use a shield or a shield mace. Sometimes I use Hammer, Other times I use Rifle. To me best rune or best build is one that works best is majority of situations. Thats why I disagree with Obino not that I do not see his point. Point is I don’t run with a Rev whenever I roam. And I think that even he will agree he doesn’t always run with a rev. I actually run with a Guard most the time or I am solo.

And personal choice for me I would chose to run with a guard over a Rev.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Before I begin, allow me to make the following adsumption:

-Durability was broken in SPVP, hence why it was removed.

Now as far the pack vs durability convoy goes, the answer is pretty much subjective. Both, from the feedback I am getting, work great in WvW, hence durability = safe style … Pack = offensive style. Still, both warlord and Obindo know that Pack trumps Durability (in WvW)

Me, on the other hand, I would try defender over both since I have heard nice things about it. And both warlord and Obindo are right. Warlord is right when he say pack is better than durability; all Obindo is saying is that I understand your point and agree with it to an extent, however I don’t need pack since I am roaming with a boon share rev

Still, that doesn’t exclude the fact that the build is mediocre in SPvP compared to other meta such as rifle, condi, even an equal skilled mace/gs power warrio could beat this combination; and that WvW is the worst medium to test a build.

Durability rune is Pack rune’s defensive brother. But it just does it better. I’ll ask again why I would choose 30% swiftness duration over 20% boon duration and the 50% fury uptime (when I almost have perma) over protection and resistance (and the miniscule regen) for me and my allies (mainly proccing when bursted).
It’s funny how every time I’ve asked this, it’s been dodged

The 8-9% crit chance from the fury is quite nice if I didn’t have perma already, but durability is still better. Besides I have inteligence, and the biggest source of damage is when I enter berserk mode, at which point I’ll have my fury anyways (which lasts longer cuz durability boon duration \o/).
Only situation I can understand using pack over durability is if u’re roaming with support ele, who gives u prot

(edited by Obindo.6802)

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

lol Obinio
Pack
Fatal Frenzy

Gw2 forums Kappa

Obinos answer is find a Rev buddy to carry you. Then argue with warlord on the forum about how your build is awesome.

I didn’t write this actually, I showed what u said and he had to respond coz he found it hilarious

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Point is you don’t, you keep saying you do but its only when you have a rev to carry you. So your entire argument is when I have a rev to carry me I have all this stuff. Which is why I don’t agree with you.

The build you posted may as well say Obino + Rev build.

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Point is you don’t, you keep saying you do but its only when you have a rev to carry you. So your entire argument is when I have a rev to carry me I have all this stuff. Which is why I don’t agree with you.

Maybe u didn’t read, I said durability > pack solo as well

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Thats your opinion, and everyone has one. Opinion are just that not facts.

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Just like it’s your opinion that berserker does more damage than strength?

Sundering mace is much better than defy pain in every way all the time!!! That’s my opinion! Kappa

(edited by Obindo.6802)

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Sundering mace is much better than defy pain in every way all the time!!! That’s my opinion! Kappa

Do I have to link you DnT? Berserker Spec does have more DPS than Vanilla,

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Do I have to link you DnT? Berserker Spec does have more DPS than Vanilla,

Oh kitten, I didn’t know we were talking pve, then ofc pack is better!

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

lol Obinio
Pack
Fatal Frenzy

Gw2 forums Kappa

How do you know that Warlord? How many times did you dueled Obindo? How many times did you dueled Vaanss? How many times did you saw Obindo dueling Vaaans?

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: KhainPride.3987

KhainPride.3987

lol

easy

dura is best

who cares about pack? only thing pack is offering to warriors is swiftness

gs f1 skill=fury

berserker mode=fury

pls dont tell me you dont use f1 lvl 1 burst(normal)