Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

Some highlights that remind me why I love gw2 combat. Take notes <3

Attachments:

[Video] Hammer Highlights by TDB

in Warrior

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

I always amazed how you always find the most noobish ppl when you are roaming.
Lucky kitten.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

I always amazed how you always find the most noobish ppl when you are roaming.
Lucky kitten.

The norn was actually pretty good.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

This is why everyone rolls warrior. It’s so passive. Just stand still and let healing signet do it’s part while you wait for hammer cooldowns. The fact that you switch weapon to Sw/Sh confused me since you hardly ever used it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mr White.1673

Mr White.1673

could you share your build?

in Warrior

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

This is why everyone rolls warrior. It’s so passive. Just stand still and let healing signet do it’s part while you wait for hammer cooldowns. The fact that you switch weapon to Sw/Sh confused me since you hardly ever used it.

Okay but Callahan is one of the few good warriors,whom actually can face roll ppl.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

I’ve been playing the class since before Healing Sig was even effective. I’m not knocking how strong it is atm, but there are good players who have no problem out dpsing my heal. I’ll tell you what, I’ll make my next video all with mending just for you <3. Lately I haven’t been needing to really use sword because I’ve been trying to maximise use of hammer. a 2.5k auto attack is double that of a 1.2k attack. I mainly use sword when they drop below 50 for the final thrusts, like a lot of warriors out there, or to setup flurry sheath combos.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

could you share your build?

I’ve pretty much copy pasted the build from Super Wilson. I was running lyssa until they nurfed Unsuspecting Foe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjNsnC_oGR8

in Warrior

Ouimette.5902

I’ve been playing the class since before Healing Sig was even effective. I’m not knocking how strong it is atm, but there are good players who have no problem out dpsing my heal. I’ll tell you what, I’ll make my next video all with mending just for you <3. Lately I haven’t been needing to really use sword because I’ve been trying to maximise use of hammer. a 2.5k auto attack is double that of a 1.2k attack. I mainly use sword when they drop below 50 for the final thrusts, like a lot of warriors out there, or to setup flurry sheath combos.

I’m not doubting your skills as a warrior. But it’s just the fact that at the moment warriors is the most easy class to play just because it’s so passive. A very powered up build with a fairly plain learning curve.

Sure, you can learn to counter other professions moves and foresee your opponents attacks to minimize the damage done to you. But other than that it’s just swing your hammer until earthshaker is not on cd. I can’t blame you either for choosing to play with a build like this. I would prob. do it if I mained a warrior for wvw/pvp. But it’s just too overpowered right now. Anyone with half a brain can understand the basic rotation and use it and actually do some good with it.

I’m not hating on you. But some things on warriors needs to be nerfed.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

I’m not doubting your skills as a warrior. But it’s just the fact that at the moment warriors is the most easy class to play just because it’s so passive. A very powered up build with a fairly plain learning curve.

Sure, you can learn to counter other professions moves and foresee your opponents attacks to minimize the damage done to you. But other than that it’s just swing your hammer until earthshaker is not on cd. I can’t blame you either for choosing to play with a build like this. I would prob. do it if I mained a warrior for wvw/pvp. But it’s just too overpowered right now. Anyone with half a brain can understand the basic rotation and use it and actually do some good with it.

I respect your honesty. I disagree that people roll warrior for this reason, I think warriors have been around since before they got this strong. Warrior has also seen its share of being underpowered. You speak like they won’t ever nurf something. I think they’ll run us into the ground at some point, however long it takes. That’s their mentality for whatever reason. I guess you can consider me a Warrior vanquisher, demolisher of all those who’ve wronged you with cheesey builds. Most the guys being smashed are terrible, aside from the norn who’s pretty good. You also notice how an ES doesn’t land on me very often because i’m too familiar with warrior mechanics. Once you avoid their 3 control skills, they’re not so difficult to beat (aside from the healing sig).

It isn’t any of our faults either that warrior was designed with a very basic approach in comparison to say a mesmer, or a guardian, or an engineer. I would have liked to see a more in depth stance process, or atleast mutliple uses of the burst system. Instead it’s just 1 burst skill per weapon which is pretty kitten boring.

I also disagree that Earthshaker is the most valuable skill for a hammer. I would argue that Backbreaker, or even Staggering Blow are more powerful when you can use them properly. Auto attack is probably the strongest thing for hammer, averaging around 2.4k per hit on crit is incredibly strong. A good warrior realizes this and does anything in his power to agress the opponent. Generally a warrior’s weakness lies just outside melee range.

I also don’t understand what you mean by we’re so easy because we’re so passive. Do you mean passive via utility maintenance? Passive in the fact that our utility skills are designed this way by flaw. Passive in our weapon skills and burst abilities because of how basic they are? I agree, we are a basic class, almost as basic as they come. Because of this, we are designed to do one thing: get in your face and hit you. That’s the one purpose of a warrior is aggression.

I agree that there are elements which definitely need to be changed and reworked. I feel they should add more complexity to the class in the way that stances work, and also the way the burst system works. I would very much like to see a system similar to GW1 in that you had to build adrenaline to use your stronger skills. I think stances should be slightly more complex in that they should be a f1-4 mechanic, not a uitlity skill.

in Warrior

Ouimette.5902

I respect your honesty. I disagree that people roll warrior for this reason, I think warriors have been around since before they got this strong. Warrior has also seen its share of being underpowered. You speak like they won’t ever nurf something. I think they’ll run us into the ground at some point, however long it takes. That’s their mentality for whatever reason. I guess you can consider me a Warrior vanquisher, demolisher of all those who’ve wronged you with cheesey builds. Most the guys being smashed are terrible, aside from the norn who’s pretty good. You also notice how an ES doesn’t land on me very often because i’m too familiar with warrior mechanics. Once you avoid their 3 control skills, they’re not so difficult to beat (aside from the healing sig).

It isn’t any of our faults either that warrior was designed with a very basic approach in comparison to say a mesmer, or a guardian, or an engineer. I would have liked to see a more in depth stance process, or atleast mutliple uses of the burst system. Instead it’s just 1 burst skill per weapon which is pretty kitten boring.

I also disagree that Earthshaker is the most valuable skill for a hammer. I would argue that Backbreaker, or even Staggering Blow are more powerful when you can use them properly. Auto attack is probably the strongest thing for hammer, averaging around 2.4k per hit on crit is incredibly strong. A good warrior realizes this and does anything in his power to agress the opponent. Generally a warrior’s weakness lies just outside melee range.

I also don’t understand what you mean by we’re so easy because we’re so passive. Do you mean passive via utility maintenance? Passive in the fact that our utility skills are designed this way by flaw. Passive in our weapon skills and burst abilities because of how basic they are? I agree, we are a basic class, almost as basic as they come. Because of this, we are designed to do one thing: get in your face and hit you. That’s the one purpose of a warrior is aggression.

I agree that there are elements which definitely need to be changed and reworked. I feel they should add more complexity to the class in the way that stances work, and also the way the burst system works. I would very much like to see a system similar to GW1 in that you had to build adrenaline to use your stronger skills. I think stances should be slightly more complex in that they should be a f1-4 mechanic, not a uitlity skill.

Don’t worry about. I was very upset of meeting too many hambow warriors yesterday in solo queue and I’m not traited for them properly so I was kind of upset

My apologies.

in Warrior

Posted by: Super Wilson.7408

Super Wilson.7408

I just want to say that I love the fact that Cal is using my build… I have played warrior since day one of this game… Callahan and… Matelo… errrr omg I can’t remember his name, are the reason I started making youtube videos in the first place. Anyway Keep posting stuff man.. you have a fan in me.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

That first fight was kinda kitteny at the end. Don’t play with your enemies, it’s unbecoming. Other than that, good job.

Gates of Madness

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Don’t worry about. I was very upset of meeting too many hambow warriors yesterday in solo queue and I’m not traited for them properly so I was kind of upset

My apologies.

What class are you?

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

That first fight was kinda kitteny at the end. Don’t play with your enemies, it’s unbecoming. Other than that, good job.

I only do it when they are excessive kittenheads. I find it satisfying.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

I just want to say that I love the fact that Cal is using my build… I have played warrior since day one of this game… Callahan and… Matelo… errrr omg I can’t remember his name, are the reason I started making youtube videos in the first place. Anyway Keep posting stuff man.. you have a fan in me.

Good job on the build. My old lyssa setup got washed out with the update and you appealed to me. Gonna try to play with mending to give others a fair chance though XD
His name is Matale. Yeah he got all of us wanting to go ham ham.

in Warrior

Posted by: matthen.5024

matthen.5024

Really like your videos.

For the last six months, I have been solo roaming with a 0/0/30/20/20 hammer + sword/warhorn build that shares a lot of similarities with your build. I do pretty well, but I wanted to try something a little more conventional for roaming.

I tried the build in this video, and found that I was having a hard time dealing condition specs (especially if there was more than one). Any general tips?

Also, on your first fight against the GS/Hammer warrior, it looks like he procs Protection on activating Healing Signet. Do you know how he did that?

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Lyssa runes #4. Very RNG, and he’d have been better off not activating it

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Really like your videos.

For the last six months, I have been solo roaming with a 0/0/30/20/20 hammer + sword/warhorn build that shares a lot of similarities with your build. I do pretty well, but I wanted to try something a little more conventional for roaming.

I tried the build in this video, and found that I was having a hard time dealing condition specs (especially if there was more than one). Any general tips?

Also, on your first fight against the GS/Hammer warrior, it looks like he procs Protection on activating Healing Signet. Do you know how he did that?

You never fight an unfair battle where you’re disadvantaged. That’s the first rule. I use kiting spots to handle this and it’s a lot more difficult if you’re simply on flat terrain, partly why I always roam near a ruin or on the new map now. Anytime there’s a 2v1 and the second person you know isn’t upscaled/is a counter class like mes, you book it right there and just leave it.
Condi bunkers are the reason I think healing signet is so powerful at the moment. Warriors in general will still have problems against necros and certain bunker engies, even with the -condi build. I find that just like a thief, the best way to handle these opponents is to maximize face to face time with them. If you have high enough precision, you’re hitting very hard with your auto attack. The longer you can stay on them, the more advantage you have against any opponent who can’t perma weakness you. Agression is a warrior’s greatest attribute. Learn to sheath cancel skills when you see the enemy dodge, or if you become blinded mid animation or you’re simply out of range. It isn’t always best to chain your CC skills because of that. You want to keep them as close as possible. Auto attack is your best friend.

in Warrior

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

I think I’m missing something here. Can you elaborate on what sheath-canceling is and how it helps.

Also, I copy/pasted your build (well, Wilson’s build really) and it just plain rocks. Desperate power is such a clutch lol. Always love watching your videos, too.

in Warrior

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

You just gave the exelent example how tremendously overpowered the hammer is.
Just look at 0:28. You take half the health from the ele with 1 skill with a weapon which gives outstanding CC capabilities.

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

in Warrior

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

You just gave the exelent example how tremendously overpowered the hammer is.
Just look at 0:28. You take half the health from the ele with 1 skill with a weapon which gives outstanding CC capabilities.

the ele is not 80

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

I think I’m missing something here. Can you elaborate on what sheath-canceling is and how it helps.

Also, I copy/pasted your build (well, Wilson’s build really) and it just plain rocks. Desperate power is such a clutch lol. Always love watching your videos, too.

He summarizes it very well, I have a few tricks that I’ve picked up along the way of incorporating these tactics. The main key is to bind sheath/stow weapon to thumb button. This works on any class and it’s very useful. If you watch closely, you see some of my abilities reset on a 3.5 second cooldown instead of the full duration. This is me noticing that I won’t land my attack and therefore sheath or cancel the animation so that I save time for recharge.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

He summarizes it very well, I have a few tricks that I’ve picked up along the way of incorporating these tactics. The main key is to bind sheath/stow weapon to thumb button. This works on any class and it’s very useful. If you watch closely, you see some of my abilities reset on a 3.5 second cooldown instead of the full duration. This is me noticing that I won’t land my attack and therefore sheath or cancel the animation so that I save time for recharge.

It can also be used to pretend to do moves just to try and bait out enemy dodges, so you basically miss on purpose but don’t suffer the full cooldown.

I do hope they eventually get rid of sheath-cancelling though. It does take some skill to use it correctly, I’ll admit, but it’s taking advantage of a pseudo-mechanic that shouldn’t really exist in the first place.