WARRIOR INTERRUPTS-DISTRACTING STRIKES

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

Why has there not yet been a trait implemented that models this skill like in GW1
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Distracting_Strike

As it stands, who the hell wants confusion for interrupting a target. I’d rather see more payoff in skillfully shutting down someone’s heal or elite for an extended period of time instead of the 3.5 sec or whatever it is that the skill would normally go on if interrupted.
We are masters of combat after all, this would only be suiting.

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Expecially because if you play hammer or mace you can’t afford 20 points into strength, IMHO.

Only way to use it might be with physical skills in a condi build, but even condi build need some utilities other than physicals.

So yeah, they might change it.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Expecially because if you play hammer or mace you can’t afford 20 points into strength, IMHO.

Only way to use it might be with physical skills in a condi build, but even condi build need some utilities other than physicals.

Right? It should be an adept trait in defense or tactics. Noone runs strength unless they run a GS… or…. pve?

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Right? It should be an adept trait in defense or tactics. Noone runs strength unless they run a GS… or…. pve?

Or it should be completely changed. Nothing improves build diversity like worthless traits becoming worthwhile. But for a trait to be worthwhile, you should also keep asking yourself if it’s accessible by the trait build it’s designed for.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Lord Titan.3791

Lord Titan.3791

Imo I feel like Distracting Strikes should be changed to the following.

Distracting Strikes:
Upon interrupting a foes skill(excluding auto attacks) that skill is put on a 7 second cooldown.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Imo I feel like Distracting Strikes should be changed to the following.

Distracting Strikes:
Upon interrupting a foes skill(excluding auto attacks) that skill is put on a 7 second cooldown.

7S would be nice. It’s a lot better than 3.5.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lord Titan.3791

Lord Titan.3791

It would increase the skill cap for certain “rupt” builds as well as giving warriors another role in team fights.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Posted by: WhiteRice.2186

WhiteRice.2186

Interrupting a foe using this trait should daze him…. way more useful to a warrior than confusion.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nevarato.3178

Nevarato.3178

I personally don’t want to see it changed. Distracting Strikes is amazing for me, with a power/condition hybrid build. And the last change was a massive buff for me especially against Rangers and Thieves. For me it does 1.2k per action in pvp, as a spike on top of all my other conditions. It also shuts someone down for a duration, or theyre forced to use condi removal, which guarantees my following immobilizes. And after you run interrupts for a long time, you can reliably interrupt ppl. (it’s pretty funny to interrupt an enemy War’s Bull’s Charge with Shield Bash lol)

The truth is, the problem its self is the interrupt. The reward is too small for what you need to land. Blind can be easily applied in the same situation(someone leaping towards you), lasts a long duration and when you miss, your skill goes on full CD. While interrupts, the window is much shorter, and you only put the skill on CD for 3 secs. It should be 50% of the skill’s CD at least. (less than full though as you can stop utility skills and heals as well, things that are in less control of successfully casting for the opponent, when compared with blind or block)

(edited by Nevarato.3178)

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I think it’s fine the way it is. What the OP wants is an entire new game mechanic (disabling skills) so it should be an entire new trait or skill.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brienson.7319

Brienson.7319

I think it’s fine the way it is. What the OP wants is an entire new game mechanic (disabling skills) so it should be an entire new trait or skill.

It’s not a new mechanic, it already exists. Right now if you interrupt someone, the skill you interrupt goes on a 5 second CD. He’s proposing a trait to extend that forced disruption cooldown.

dragonbrand—

in Warrior

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Actually “disabling skills” sounds more like a mesmer mechanic, since we already got a huge amount of totally useless traits centered around interrupts, but i could imagine warriors also getting 1 or 2 applications.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

closest thing to distracting strike is pommel bash
fast, melee interrupt

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

closest thing to distracting strike is pommel bash
fast, melee interrupt

Yet mace remains one of the slowest auto attack weapons and one of the best, fastest interrupt ones also. Makes total sense……………..

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

I personally don’t want to see it changed. Distracting Strikes is amazing for me, with a power/condition hybrid build. And the last change was a massive buff for me especially against Rangers and Thieves.

The truth is, the problem its self is the interrupt. The reward is too small for what you need to land. Blind can be easily applied in the same situation

Rangers and thieves are like the easiest professions to kill if they aren’t specc’d gimicky. I’m looking at you perma stealth……

Mesmers and guards who know how to counter you are what I have trouble with. Engies and necros are also high on the list. I don’t ever see anyone use the power line unless they run GS… which… seems kind of useless at this point. Hammer/mace are the stun combos. There is no synergy if you spec into crit damage and pick up confusion……

Agree on blind. kittenty dev thinking that was.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Actually “disabling skills” sounds more like a mesmer mechanic, since we already got a huge amount of totally useless traits centered around interrupts, but i could imagine warriors also getting 1 or 2 applications.

Why must mesmers revolve around interrupting a target. They already blast almost anyone out of the water with their kittening illusions. This continues to mind boggle me. A combat oriented class gets no reward for interrupting skill actions…? what? Meanwhile thief gets a daze skill on no CD. GG balance 1-Warrior: 0. We were interrupt heavy in gw1. Just look at interrupts in gw1 wiki. Now look at gw2 wiki. kitten is a joke.

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

I’d rather see this skill apply a Daze when you interrupt someone.

In its current state the trait isn’t good for anyone. It deals barely any damage without a Condi setup and you can’t take Hammer/Mace or spec into Strength on a Condi build. So make it actually useful for Hammer/Mace lockdown builds, maybe it will also make Physical U-skill users a bit more useful.

And make Kick a godkitten ministun already, not a knockback!

in Warrior

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Why must mesmers revolve around interrupting a target.

You know, actually i would be more than satisfied if ArenaNet decided to remove every trait centered around interrupts from the mesmer and give us something useful instead.

If i’m not mistaken, mesmer corrently got 8(!) traits, both minor and major, that resolve around interrupting. All of those are basically useless and limit the amount of build options a mesmer has (together with “must have”-traits like Deceptive Evasion and Illusionists Celerity that are somewhat deep in their respective trait lines).

But, sadly, that’s the way ArenaNet decided to go for mesmer and it’s unlikely they will change it.

But enough about mesmers, this is the warrior forum. Actually, i don’t find Distracting Strikes to be that bad. It got the longest base duration of all confusion skills in the game and should trigger a decent amount of time per fight given the amount of interrupts warriors have access to.