WVW Warrior Zerg/Roaming build

in Warrior

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

Use this build for roaming + pug zergs. For guild raids run warhorn and shouts as warrior is still apparently a support bot***

http://intothemists.com/guides/5633-wvw_zerg_assaulter_20

Version 2

Fun and effective zerg build post patch. Now updated with some tweaks to optimize zerg performance. See bottom of summary for trait changes recommended for roaming – having a lot of success here as well.

Warhorn and Shoutheal got nerfed into the ground, so I decided it was time warrior became an assault class again, no more shout/horn bot.

This build gives you a tanky, mobile, high damage warrior, with lots of escapes should you find yourself getting focused.

Any feedback is welcome.

(edited by DrMatt.9408)

in Warrior

DrMatt.9408

Modified the build as above, now includes optimised zerg + roaming options. Hope people find it useful.

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

What ever works for you. I wouldn’t use it. Its not very assaultish so it fails at its purpose. Basically its a selfish build that doesn’t do good damage and lacks sustain. Sorry its the truth. Also signet of fury isn’t needed at all + its a terrible choice.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

DrMatt.9408

Well I disagree with that but fair enough, yes it is selfish but I don’t deny that.

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

+ you are using new mobile srikes and you don’t need dogged march why not use shild passive. If you are using melandru and food your already sort of getting the same effect as dugged march anyways.

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

without any kinda condi clears outside of cleansing ire, I don’t see not taking cleanse on swap viable at all. aka brawlers recovery.

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

sorry for tripple post ARMS is a totally useless traitline its not worth going in for a sword trait when the sword skills are on very low cool downs anyways.

in Warrior

DrMatt.9408

? don’t get where you are coming from here, sure leave out dogged march but you are 33% more vulnerable to those conditions, sword 2 is for leaping in, shield 4 is for emergencies. immobilize spam in wvw is real, I wouldn’t go without dogged march personally.

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

How do you consider full PTV as doing dammage if thats what the intention is here. I mean you are running what we call a wet noodle spec there is no reason to even take DOE. You do no dammage as it is.

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

you realize you break immobilize on mov skill. so sword leap, shiled bash and hammer stun all break immobilze. And if you take brawlers recovery you remove 1 condi on swap and 2 if one of those is blind. What happens when u are blinded and try to land a hammer stun……Nothing. Its fail. swap out the signet of fury for bulls charge since its useless and there u have another skill that breaks immob.

in Warrior

DrMatt.9408

Like I said this is for zerg combat primarily – not pvp. You realise there is a tonne of condi clearing going on in a zerg anyway right? You will be running with a party as well. I’d rather have the massive damage boost from destruction empowered than clear 1 condi on weapon swap which is insignificant in zerg combat.
Also disagree about arms, and you seem to have missed the signet trait completely which is a key point of the build. but lets agree to disagree.

I wouldn’t have posted the build if I wasn’t having a lot of success with it. You guys can make your own decision I don’t mind

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

except your party needs a warrior to help clear condis and since you are not doing that I don’t understand whos going to clear them for you. That is your job.

in Warrior

DrMatt.9408

No – I disagree with that. Warriors can have a different role now warhorn is garbage, so many other classes are better at clearing condi now. Warrior’s job can be to leap in with commander, immobilize, stun and deal damage – which is relatively high with this build from extensive play testing in 50v50 battles. Then drop banner when required and be mobile/tanky enough to move with commander, which this build is. If people want to run around with nerfed warhorn and waste points in tactics thats up to them, I won’t be

Also signet fury is to ensure you have enough adrenaline to do a level 3 flurry at the beginning of a fight when you start with no adrenaline, as well is maintain the precision buff for the 50% baseline crit chance, which will be 70% with fury. Even with full PVT you definitely not hit like a wet noodle, trust me.

(edited by DrMatt.9408)

in Warrior

DrMatt.9408

You can still run warhorn if you want, shield isn’t a key part of the build. I just think it isn’t worth it anymore, and investing in tactics certainly isn’t worth it as I’m not interested in being a nerfed shout bot. Selfish, but effective at what it does.

in Warrior

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

#YOLO WARRIOR

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-w;4R2lP0e4kLVQ0;9;4dfh;0146136156;4LRV4n;16TsW6TsWc-FW0-X5;3kVq0u1zY4_A50RWLs0V;9;9;9;9;9;57B2;24k3z

So far i’ve noticed that zerg bombing is so hardcore passive defense just won’t cut. (i’m crying right now with my AH guard using the elite shout) Hence my 6 stance warrior’s best defense is offense :

A hammerstun on bombing place is a rough 4500 power combo chain (25 power stacks, 20% from BersPow, 20% MercHam & 10% Impact) with 62% precision and 31% crit damage.

Then you pull out the great sword and either slain ppl with HB, or WW to chase or disengage if your bombing failed. Plus there should be chill, criple and immo all around, so rush might actually have its use.

Its pretty much a no brainer.

If you want to support your party, be it by boons, condi removal or anything, please just roll guard with soldier runes. The only support you’re getting from me is the rez banner, and even so i’m looking at rampage with envy.

in Warrior

DrMatt.9408

haha nice, I think if we dropped banner we would be going a step too far lol. Rampage all the way for roaming though

(edited by DrMatt.9408)