Wanna roll a warrior but......

in Warrior

Posted by: AsongBIPS.4063

AsongBIPS.4063

So it’s time for a new alt and I chose warrior over the guardian because of their adrenaline concept and utilization of weapons.

But I see all this hate for the Warriors and apparent nerfs they received. I wanna play a zerker build in PvE (dungeons and fractals) and play whatever’s viable in PvP.

Should I roll or stick to my pew pew ranger??

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Warriors PvE damage is pretty bad, but one is usually wanted in dungeon runs for the banner buffs.

PvP…Warrior has a couple viable builds, but mostly everyone runs Shoutbow…And only Shoutbow is really in the meta these days.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Warrior just isn’t the same as it once was. The truth is that you won’t recognise its losses because you weren’t around for the time at which it was in a much better place than it is now.

It doesn’t have the absolute worst damage out of all the classes but it’s towards the lower end of the spectrum and has obviously lower than average DPS.

However it has banners and an OP trait called Phalanx Strength which gives people a reason to justify taking it these days still.

Either way, the fact that you mentioned “pew pew ranger” leads me to believe you play ranger very suboptimally so it probably wouldn’t matter much to you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

So it’s time for a new alt and I chose warrior over the guardian because of their adrenaline concept and utilization of weapons.

But I see all this hate for the Warriors and apparent nerfs they received. I wanna play a zerker build in PvE (dungeons and fractals) and play whatever’s viable in PvP.

Sounds like you want to play a Warrior to me.

in Warrior

Posted by: Raiff.6742

Raiff.6742

Ignore the hate. People are stuck in what was instead of adapting and trying to do better with what is. Play what you enjoy, I deleted a Guard and a Ranger (both at 80) before settling into this Warrior, and I am having a blast. I also have an 80 Engie and Necro, my GF plays an 80 Elementalist. It’s about what you enjoy, the rest (DPS, utility, etc) is just extras.

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Yes, you should if you like it.

Imo warrior is just more fun then ranger lol.
but it’s personally taste.

in Warrior

Posted by: KaporHabakuk.6219

KaporHabakuk.6219

Nothing feels so good as warrior with hammer

OTAN guild,WSR server

in Warrior

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

You are asking the worse place for such an opinion. Try asking people in-game or in your guild or friends who play the game.

Online forums are where people tend to go to complain. It’s like going through just the one-star reviews on amazon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Warrior only problem is that every other class feels total kitten after you have played warrior.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Warrior

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

Warriors are fine.
Not having top dps is absolutely okay considering the good support abilities and the fact that even full zerk warriors are insanely tanky and have the best personal sustain out of all classes without compromising their build for it.

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Warrior received a huge amount of buffs too.

In PvE Warriors are wanted for their buffs. The PvP is just really terribly designed and is centered around unkillable people spamming AoE and DoTs everywhere, so Warrior does the same with Longbow. It’s extremely boring, but Warrior is a part of the metagame, unlike, say Guardian.

in Warrior

Kagamiku.9731

Warriors did not receive a huge amount of buffs.

They got buffed way back and then people started calling them OP, and then they started receiving nerf after nerf after nerf…With no buffs in sight. At least any meaningful buffs. Rifle is still garbage after the buffs. Arcing Slice is still garbage. The only thing that I’d consider a decent buff was the extra vuln stacks from mace skill. But mace offhand is pretty much pve exclusive and they nerfed just about everything else related to warriors damage and pve.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Warriors did not receive a huge amount of buffs.

They got buffed way back and then people started calling them OP, and then they started receiving nerf after nerf after nerf…With no buffs in sight. At least any meaningful buffs. Rifle is still garbage after the buffs. Arcing Slice is still garbage. The only thing that I’d consider a decent buff was the extra vuln stacks from mace skill. But mace offhand is pretty much pve exclusive and they nerfed just about everything else related to warriors damage and pve.

They got a huge amount of buffs and then nerfs. They’re one of the most actively evolving professions, it’s just that A-net takes their sweet time to do any balance updates, so it feels like you got punched in the teeth and then you wait a whole year for them to address any new issue. Warrior still has one of the best trait selection in the game with only a few useless ones. Arcing Slice isn’t that bad in PvP, that’s why GS/LB build became viable.

I wish Warrior wasn’t so dependent on Longbow and Defense trait line, but that’s the nature of Conquest. Still, as long as Warrior has that, it remains one of the often used meta classes.

in Warrior

Kagamiku.9731

The buffs were there to try to bring them in line with other classes. They’re a non-factor because it was so long ago. It’s been over a year since warrior got any kind of buff.

And honestly, I may be wrong since it’s been a long time, but the healing signet buff and cleansing ire trait is the two large buffs that warrior received back in the day. I honestly can’t remember anything beyond that.

And I’m pretty sure GS/LB is somewhat viable because of its mobility. I refuse to believe it has anything to do with AS when combustive shot is so much better. And while it may be “viable” it’s still far from meta. Shoutbow and Hambow are no doubt better. Axebow as well since axe is a more reliable source of damage. The best GS skills are rush for the mobility and whirlwind because it’s extra mobility and actually does good damage. I’ll consider AS a good skill when they buff stage two and stage three. It makes no sense that stage 1 does the same damage as stage 3. The extra fury is hardly worth casting the skill beyond stage 1 adrenaline.

in Warrior

Posted by: Solirus.1754

Solirus.1754

I played a Warrior from launch onward, quit around the Escape from Lion’s Arch, came back a few weeks ago because of the expansion.

I don’t notice any nerfs when doing general PVE. Honestly it still feels more powerful than my other characters. Hundred Blades still wrecks everything in sight and I can take an absurd amount of damage.

Am I missing something?

(edited by Solirus.1754)

in Warrior

Kagamiku.9731

Are you referring to those crates in khylo when you say “Hundred Blades wrecks everything in site”? Because everything else would have moved out of your way before you got to wreck anything with it.

Yeah, I know, you can set up with immobilize or a knockdown, but those skills can be avoided(or cleansed/stab if they hit), and even if you do manage to miraculously get someone into a full duration HB the damage is really only enough to kill a squishy.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Warrior

Posted by: Solirus.1754

Solirus.1754

Are you referring to those crates in khylo when you say “Hundred Blades wrecks everything in site”? Because everything else would have moved out of your way before you got to wreck anything with it.

Yeah, I know, you can set up with immobilize or a knockdown, but those skills can be avoided(or cleansed/stab if they hit), and even if you do manage to miraculously get someone into a full duration HB the damage is really only enough to kill a squishy.

I’m so sorry. I meant to say PVE, not PVP. What a mistake to make. I don’t PVP, but in terms of general PVE (not dungeons, don’t do those either) I destroy with my Warrior. most enemies are too stupid to get out of the way of Hundred Blades.

in Warrior

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

From a spvp perspective, my main used to be guardian but after playing with the warrior I like it more one thousand times better that it became my new main now. With guardian I either have to be meditation or bunker which people don’t want anymore, at least with warrior I can go non-meta build and still do decent.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

Warrior over ranger<3 beware though rangers are a pain in the kitten for warriors, good rangers of course.

in Warrior

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

I’d ignore the “hate”, it is made by people that have absolutely no clue:

- Warrior has received far less nerfs than thief, mesmer, engi, etc.

- It is wanted in PvE because it does medium DPS with great group support.

- In WvW it is part of the GWEN meta, along with guards, shoutheal warrior is pretty much the only other class that is commonly asked for in groups.

- In PvP, ever since the healing signet/cleansing ire, etc changes, it has been at least decently represented in teams, at times overrepresented (pre-nerf hambow, virtually every team had at least one warrior, quite often 2 warriors).

Now compare that to some other classes, necro has been ‘unwanted’ in PvE for virtually the entire game. In WvW for zergs/GvG, etc engy and ranger have been virtually non-existent the entire game, thief and mes, have been poorly represented when compared to the abundance of GWEN classes.

The people claiming warrior is in a terrible position are detached from reality, ignore them, if you find warrior fun, then play it, it is not in a bad position.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Play whatever you want unless you play with horrible people who measure runs by the second you’ll be fine with a warrior EVERYWHERE. The only people complaining in these forums are the ones looking at Lupi ~10 second kill by elementalists wishing they could do the same for bragging rights. The warrior is not mechanically broken by any means and you can run any dungeon perfectly fine and relatively fast with 5 warriors unless there’s a mechanic that requires reflects or something they cant bring.

(edited by Vizardlorde.8243)