Want old berserker stance for wvw plz

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I would honestly take a 4 second pure condi invulnerability over this 9s of no condi invulnerability vs necro/chrono (like endure pain).

You cannot dooooo anything in alot of situations.

My condi is as follows: healing signet, and berserk stance. This is 2 slots out of 5 dedicated to condi resistance…..and what happens?

Chrono condi bombs me: I hit berseker stance…chrono eats my boons….i activate healing signet….resistance doesn’t have stacks so what happens? chrono eats my boons.
If I use healing signet and berserker stance at the same time 1 boonstrip will take away the first 3 seconds of condi resistance from berserker state AND the 6 seconds of healing signet. Given the number of weakness conditions these 2 classes seem able to inflict on me…what happens if I’m a power user? Well I do no meaningful damage while they are attacking me. So…I can’t do damage against these guys…I can’t defend myself against these guys….what the kitten am I supposed to do other than try to outrun a chrono?

Warriors aren’t boon heavy….stripping the right boons is the easiest thing in the world when fighting one.

I don’t get how this is fair given how few other condi classes actually have the ability to do insane cc/condi/stealth/boonstrips. Condi warriors can’t boonstrip me….engies can’t boonstrip me…rangers can’t boonstrip….when thieves can boonstrip me ill go cry in a corner but they CAN"T right now. Rev can’t either…..its just 2 classes that can. And honestly it makes sense that necro can do it as a built-in class mechanic.

But if I’m up against a zerg or a group of 2 with 1 or more reaper/chrono what the helk can I do exactly? NOTHING. my RESISTANCE IS WORTHLESSSSSS. I have to spec condi clears instead….what condi clears do I have? signet of stamina….but that has a cast time so i need a stability when using it and time to use it and im not doing damage or anything when im using it. what else do i have?….nothing, i have nothing else unless i trait for it…and that kills so many build options right there.

If I had the old berserker stance for wvsw though….maybe the game would allow me to kill someone in a large zerg when I outplay the zerg? Maybe? i mean wtf happens when you down a player in a large zerg as a warrior…..u go to flag plant or finish them:
-u need a stability
-u need condi resistance
-u need an endure pain
you need those 3 things to flag plant or stay in the fighting area to cleave them. all the while ur attack radius is small while theirs is larger…so most of them don’t have to worry about u hurting them and can just glass cannon you. They can stealth the enemy who got downed, they can freeze you if necro there, they can heal the downed player faster than you can flagplant or cleave. You don’t have stealth…..you don’t have giant aoe…..what other class has the short end of the stick other than warrior? the only 1 that comes to mind is revenant (but they have built-in ways to resist while warrior does not), all the others have stealth or heavy aoe/block/damage resistance (easy way to not need stability or condi resistance or endure pain……and land ur flagplant/cleave easily).

If I’m fighting 2 reapers….fine let them make my use of resistance worthless. If I’m fighting 1 cannon chrono tho its like……wtf?!?!!?! They condi bomb me from stealth, i proc a resistance….they remove it…..i proc another….they remove it….ive got weakness and cripples on me and theres no way to outrun a blink so im pretty much just waiting to die at that point since they just block/stealth anything i throw at them in this dying state not that it would do any damage to them anyways.

Our class needs another condi clear……seriously. If you don’t have cleansing ire ur screwed with these berserker stance changes. Just another reason why not having defense traitline is a buildkiller. You already have to have berseker trait line…..like wtf u killed 3/4 of the class mechanics right there.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: Thunder King.2936

Thunder King.2936

Honestly haven’t had an issue fighting well….anything condi (at least in small scale) for a long time, even condition chrono’s. Have you tried running with brawlers? not a huge sacrafise, presuming you run discipline. I don’t fully understand how you can have so much trouble with stam sig being rupt when it’s on a 1/4 cast time either.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Cerby, I think you need to adjust your playstyle here.

Before I get into that, know that I’m running straight vanilla warrior, and the only thing I might have over you in terms of condi mitigation is Brawler’s Recovery (which you should definitely slot if you can and haven’t).

Yes, condi-based boon strippers can be tricky, but I’m mostly beating them senseless, and typically only run into trouble when there’s a second player who can further steal boons, provide support to the necro, or do high damage power damage that I can’t ignore while Berserker Stance expires.

As for your tactics, you should absolutely not activate Healing Signet if someone steals your resistance as soon as you activate Berserker Stance. Just soldier through it knowing Berserker Stance will throw resistance back on you in 3s.

Activating HS might give you 1-2s of resistance sooner, but does nothing else except deny you a huge amount of healing (and your Hail Mary resistance when Berserker Stance runs out) for the next 20s.

Second, if you’re running a low boon build, change that. Balanced Stance pulses two boons on you, which is something you could bring into your build, or you could use runes and food to keep your boon diversity up.

Third, make sure you’re landing your bursts to keep Adrenal Health going at all time. If you haven’t used Healing Signet, that’s a lot of health regen that can’t be interrupted that will get you closer to being able to use your stance again.

Fourth, you have way more mobility than a necro (and often condi chronos), so use it. If you’ve gone through Berserker Stance and you haven’t made a dent in your opponent, keep your distance until it comes back. If you’re loaded with condis, pop your stability and Healing Signet, use Shield Stance while moving away, then use your run skills as soon Shield Stance is over.

Here’s what the old Berserker Stance will give you – nothing. Anyone who can counterplay Berserker Stance now will be able to kite you for the original 8s of Berserker Stance, nevermind the 4s you’re proposing.

Also, to be clear, the current version of Berserker Stance doesn’t give you 9s of resistance. It pulses resistance every 3s during that time, which gives you 12s of uptime. With food, runes, trait, etc. you can jack that up way higher.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Here’s what the old Berserker Stance will give you – nothing. Anyone who can counterplay Berserker Stance now will be able to kite you for the original 8s of Berserker Stance, nevermind the 4s you’re proposing.

And yet the current berserker stance is giving me nothing because it doesnt work for even 3 seconds. mbe I’m not running the meta melee builds…mbe im not even running defense traitline….

mbe i dont have a stability and thats why signet of stamina and its 1/4 cast is a BIG DEAL. if ur going to come at me from the meta you haven’t read my OP and you are approaching the problem from an alrdy narrow minded stance.

choppy ur posts are always about creating bunker builds with versatility in defense….basically ur basic axeshield gs warrior. yes these are effective and high damage. but is it viable to say endure pain should last 2 seconds since we get 2 of them with defense traitline? WHAT IF YOU DONT USE DEFENSE TRAIT LINE….UR ENDURE PAIN IS 2 SECONDS SHORTER.

U can’t justify a skill not being underpowered because of it pairing with a build specific traitline. thats like me saying alll stabilities should have half their duration except when ur traited for balanced state over rousin resilence and cleansing ire. how would u feel about that? cause that is exactly equivalent to ur argument about how 3 second bursts of resistance are more than sufficient on a warrior. it aint sufficient, and thats the point of the thread.

I wish you would approach discussions on the forums from a broader mindset. Warrior shouldn’t have to be discussed and balanced from the perspective of just the meta builds….they r meta to begin with because some1 did that. having 2 different sets of condi defense should mean two relatively equal defensive options….yet ur disagreeing with this since the winning of the two sets is is alrdy ur meta.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

@op

Why would you pop healing signet, for the resistance boon? Lol ofc you die. Cant rely on adrenaline health only

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Man, I run full zerk base warrior… what are you talking about “meta bunker”? I also don’t normally run axe, and I occasionally run longbow.

You have to build to the problems you face. If you don’t want to run the defense line or stability, fine. But then Berserker Stance isn’t why you’re having problems nor will going back to 4s of how Berserker Stance used to work solve them.

Also, you don’t need the defense line to make the stance work. It’s objectively better than the old version out of the box, if you play it properly.

Activating healing signet as soon as your first stance pulse of resistance is removed is clearly NOT playing properly.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)