Warhorn

Warhorn

in Warrior

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

With all the vigor nerfs and the large amount of condis why isnt warhorn used more.
When traited it can keep up perma aoe swiftness and almost perma vigor let alone converting conditions into boons.

Ida

Warhorn

in Warrior

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Doesn’t every warrior in WvW use it now? At least every group warrior.

Warhorn

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Not only what style.6173 said, but it’s an extremely viable offhand weapon in PvE too. I actually have three of them.

My bloodlust stacking weapons are axe/warhorn.

I also have two other warhorns; one with a sigil of battle and one with a sigil of energy. I use the one with battle sigil when, for example, soloing Wraithlord crusher+hunter in Arah P3 (dodgerolls aren’t required often enough to need energy on swap, especially with vigour from #5), or FotM (EXTREMELY useful in dredge fractal).

Warhorn

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I am actually seeing warhorn being used a lot more in WvW, believe it or not.

Warhorn is one of those weapons that may be very advantageous in some situations, in some situations it may not even help you at all.

Most warriors already have the 25% movement speed passive so swiftness isn’t needed. Most people run Berserker Stance/Lyssa/Cleansing Ire with -condi duration food so the cleanses are not even needed from warhorn.

The weakness and vigor from the weapon is decent. However warhorn provides no offensive capabilities whatsoever. And you need to invest 20 into tactics to get the conversion trait. However you are most likely to convert bleeds to vigor, not exactly a boon that we need since the warhorn itself already gives vigor. And going 20 into tactics cuts your DPS quite a bit.

Most people use the shield over warhorn because it is practical in almost every situation. A 1 second CC to help set up bursts, a 3 second block helps in every situation. Also with all the thieves running around in WvW, it is wiser to carry a shield over a warhorn.

And this is roaming that I am talking about, in zergs of course the warhorn can be quite useful and is probably the best choice.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Warhorn

in Warrior

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I am actually seeing warhorn being used a lot more in WvW, believe it or not.

Warhorn is one of those weapons that may be very advantageous in some situations, in some situations it may not even help you at all.

Most warriors already have the 25% movement speed passive so swiftness isn’t needed. Most people run Berserker Stance/Lyssa/Cleansing Ire with -condi duration food so the cleanses are not even needed from warhorn.

The weakness and vigor from the weapon is decent. However warhorn provides no offensive capabilities whatsoever. And you need to invest 20 into tactics to get the conversion trait. However you are most likely to convert bleeds to vigor, not exactly a boon that we need since the warhorn itself already gives vigor. And going 20 into tactics cuts your DPS quite a bit.

Most people use the shield over warhorn because it is practical in almost every situation. A 1 second CC to help set up bursts, a 3 second block helps in every situation. Also with all the thieves running around in WvW, it is wiser to carry a shield over a warhorn.

And this is roaming that I am talking about, in zergs of course the warhorn can be quite useful and is probably the best choice.

This ^^. For large groups, pretty much every warrior uses warhorn for group swiftness, blast finisher, and condi removal.

Warhorn

in Warrior

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

you can easily get perma vigor with Furious Reaction (10 in arms) vigorous focus (10 discipline) Warhorn and balanced stance (just because it offers stability and swiftness with the shortest stance cool down, aside from Defiant Stance)

Warhorn

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

People didn’t even bother with warhorn when it removed 2 conditions.