Warhorn condition convert changed

in Warrior

Posted by: Nmwdw.4037

Nmwdw.4037

Warhorn condition removal/conversion has been changed so it doesnt convert the last condition applyed but the weakest. This makes it useless and predictable, cause u can make it useless by applying bleeds..

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

It’s been this way for at least a month.

The bigger issue imo is that the 4 skill should remove movement impairing effects and then convert a condition. Instead it uses the condition removal to remove the movement impairing effect…

in Warrior

Nmwdw.4037

absolut bullkitten… made the last playable traitset exept HB useless…

in Warrior

Nmwdw.4037

is this a bug supposed to changed anytime?

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

It should remove the cripples and stuff first :/

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Nier.2478

Nier.2478

I don’t see where this bug is coming from. Last time I checked, the Warhorn trait was working fine.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009

in Warrior

Yaki.9563

I don’t see where this bug is coming from. Last time I checked, the Warhorn trait was working fine.

The issue is twofold:

1. The priority system seems to convert the weakest conditions first. So a bleed and snares will get converted before poison or weakness or confusion.

2. The number 4 skill removes movement impairing effects on its own without the trait. With the trait, it converts the movement impairing effect to a boon (this seems to be #1 on the priority list) first so the effect of the actual ability goes wasted. So if you’ve got 5 conditions on you, one of which is a snare, it will just remove the snare and you’ll be left with the other 4 conditions…basically the same as if you didn’t have the trait at all (yay I got 5s of swiftness! not).

This is a big problem because bleeds and snares are very abundant in PvE and basically cover up the harmful conditions. The most obvious example that comes to mind is fighting spiders, where you pretty much have to time both skills so that you can remove the snare, then the poison or else as soon as you remove the snare it will get reapplied and the poison will never be removed. The way it should work with the #4 skill is that the snare gets removed by the skill and the trait converts the poison to regen.

(edited by Yaki.9563)

in Warrior

Posted by: Nier.2478

Nier.2478

^
Bleeds are easily re-applied therefore it gets cleansed first due to the last-in, first out system of condition removal/conversion. Understand that bleeds get converted into vigor which is why it looks like its not converting properly but it actually is working as intended.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009

in Warrior

Posted by: Pyles.5301

Pyles.5301

^ Not true. Quite often spiders apply both poison and snare at the same time, it makes no difference the order they appear in the condition list on you (giving the impression which would be the first to go), the snare is always the first to be removed.

in Warrior

Nmwdw.4037

The problem here is it is not first in first out! If u apply bleed then poison, its the bleed thats removed. If u apply bleed then vulnerability => bleed removed…
This keeps you in spvp, tpvp and wvw to get the more powerfull boons like reg and prot…

in Warrior

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

The change from a month ago needs to be reverted. First, have warhorn #4 remove cripple/immob/chill, then have any remaining condition converted to a boon if traited.

And that second condition conversion should follow the removal rules of any other single-condition removal. Doesn’t matter if it’s LIFO or weakest->strongest, as long as it’s the same as any other class.

(edited by Spifnar.4712)

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

They changed that?!

That’s weapon’s grade bullcrap, man!

Change it back, Anet!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

it hasn’t changed, it just sometimes won’t remove cripple AND another cond. depends on what order the cond are in. Sometimes removed both, sometimes doesnt

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in Warrior

Posted by: Nonfat.8742

Nonfat.8742

Hello my fellow warriors,

I can’t help it but I feel like I got mugged. Three times!!

Why was this horrible change made? Is there any official thread or anything where ANet explained why?

Please support this thread and together we have a chance to revert this unnecessary change.

[Piken Square]

in Warrior

Posted by: Jay.3284

Jay.3284

It’s been like this for a LONG time now… Why is everyone so surprised now? Mob mentality i suppose.

Dungeon Master 8/8 | Fractal 50
80Rng – 80Wa – 80Thief – 80Grd – 80Ele – 80Engi – 80Necro

in Warrior

Yaki.9563

it hasn’t changed, it just sometimes won’t remove cripple AND another cond. depends on what order the cond are in. Sometimes removed both, sometimes doesnt

It only removes both if the other condition is bleed, because the priority for conversion is bleed → cripple → immobilize → the actually bad conditions.

in Warrior

Posted by: Soeki.9643

Soeki.9643

I’ve recently started using warhorn and noticed this. Quite annoying and makes the trait lot more worthless. Change it back, there is no reason not to do it

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

The change from a month ago needs to be reverted. First, have warhorn #4 remove cripple/immob/chill, then have any remaining condition converted to a boon if traited.

I agree with the sentiment, but the solution is not the best.

The issue with that method is that when you only have cripple on you, for example, then the trait goes to waste — the cripple would be removed, and no conditions converted into boons (because you have none left). Edit: This is probably why it was changed, although I think we agree that the side-effect here is worse than the original.

I think it would be helpful to brainstorm a simple logic / solution that works for both “I only have cripple on me” and “I have 10 conditions on me” situations.

Edit2:

Speaking of which, the simple solution would be to use the logic path:

1. Trait will convert non-cripp/chill/immob conditions into boons.
2. Any charges left on the trait will convert cripp/chill/immob into boons.
3. Ability clears cripp/chill/immob.

Sidenote: I don’t believe that it is valid to de-prioritize Bleeds.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

(edited by EasymodeX.4062)

in Warrior

Nmwdw.4037

The Trait schould work like before. Last condition applyed is the first condition removed/converted. Bumping this

in Warrior

Posted by: Powazappa.6937

Powazappa.6937

cant do anything but agree, this needs to be reverted

in Warrior

Nmwdw.4037

And again bumping till fixed

in Warrior

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

any updates anet? this is kinda a major bug.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net