Warrior BUILD Hammer WvW pre/pos patch

in Warrior

Posted by: wcker.2516

wcker.2516

This is more or less my actual build on WvW. I can CC pretty good and my damage is nice, i guess. But with this patch ( it was nice to see some controversal changes ).

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-s;4NKVP0S4NL-60;9;59T-T;13;0198;152AI-F2U;16TsW6TsWu-kc0-HXO0;0Vn-u0xX0374Da-kVJV2q;61;0c2;9;9;9;9;2k0i

Tell me your opinion!

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Generic. UF won’t be available in Adept post patch..

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

wcker.2516

hmmm yeah, so what will be the new meta for hammer?? because i like this wp so much.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

ya there wont be a meta for solo hammer builds… if u still wanna use a hammer yer gonna have to pick up 30 points in tactics and a guild group…

hammer for roaming is dead post patch

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Pretty much. Even with a 0/20/30/0/20 or something similair hammer is just taking a massive hit. And if you don’t spec into burst Mastery, or you don’t rock a 10% impact sigil, you’re going to lose 30% on Earth shaker and thats massive.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

Hammer sucked for roaming period. Maybe against terrible players it was good, but I’m on a T1 server; people know how to dodge. The hammer has always belonged in a zerg where its damage is harder to telegraph, which is why it’s getting nerfed. They had to do something to derail the Hammer Train. But Hammer aficionados will still do their thing in the zerg; they’ll just be relying on the rest of the group for the kills. Pointless nerf is pointless.

For roaming, nothing is more annoying than GS/sword+horn. It’s probably the most mobile build in the game. But if you’re still dead set on using the hammer, you better get used to only running in bigger groups. The hammer will be even more worthless for roaming/solo than it already is. The hammer has a very specific role; anyone wanting to use it for anything else is going to be disappointed.

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Hammer sucked for roaming period. Maybe against terrible players it was good, but I’m on a T1 server; people know how to dodge.

People in t1 are the worst roamers.Blob 24/7 sucks out any skill from the players.Check lower tiers if you wanna see some decent roaming action .That’s basic knowledge by now .

in Warrior

Tyr.1965

Hammer sucked for roaming period. Maybe against terrible players it was good, but I’m on a T1 server; people know how to dodge.

People in t1 are the worst roamers.Blob 24/7 sucks out any skill from the players.Check lower tiers if you wanna see some decent roaming action .That’s basic knowledge by now .

Uh, no. The best roamers I’ve ever encountered have all been on T1 servers. Break away from the blob sometime; you might find that out.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Uh, no. The best roamers I’ve ever encountered have all been on T1 servers. Break away from the blob sometime; you might find that out.

ehh…..He’s partially correct. From my experiences in roaming in T1(TC is like Tier 1.5) it’s always blobs or groups. Roaming in Ruins there’s always some sort of group that mows down roamers. The ones i do find singled out are generally bad in my many encounters with them. The only things I find that kill me when T1 players run solo are perplexity engies, Condi P/D Thieves/perplexity and Dhummfire Terromancers (Note either on a meditation guardian, or S/S LB Warrior because I don’t like cheesy hammer fotm build)

The only T1 Server I will admit have some skilled players are Blackgate. Many fun duels with them, especially from [Riot]. compared to the other T1 servers they have more skilled players from my experience.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

in Warrior

Tyr.1965

I’ve been playing on Blackgate for about a year now. Sure, there’s blobbing but non-T1 servers like to claim thats all that it is, as if thats all that it takes to reach the top tier. T1 servers have just as many roamers and havoc groups as any other tier. And being a T1 server attracts T1 players, people who want to play against the best competition the game has to offer. Of course it also attracts a fair share of bad players for similar reasons, but you’re more likely to run into higher caliber players than not. I consider myself mediocre at best yet I felt like a big fish in a small pond before I transferred to Blackgate and started playing with and against better players. That’s all neither here nor there though; the hammer hasn’t been the best roaming choice for warriors and it’s about to become even worse. The weapon shines in the blob.

in Warrior

wcker.2516

It sucks i have to get back do GS, this is a wp i got tired pretty fast…

in Warrior

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I’ve been playing on Blackgate for about a year now. Sure, there’s blobbing but non-T1 servers like to claim thats all that it is, as if thats all that it takes to reach the top tier. T1 servers have just as many roamers and havoc groups as any other tier. And being a T1 server attracts T1 players, people who want to play against the best competition the game has to offer. Of course it also attracts a fair share of bad players for similar reasons, but you’re more likely to run into higher caliber players than not. I consider myself mediocre at best yet I felt like a big fish in a small pond before I transferred to Blackgate and started playing with and against better players. That’s all neither here nor there though; the hammer hasn’t been the best roaming choice for warriors and it’s about to become even worse. The weapon shines in the blob.

It actually works in the opposite you’re likely able to find more individually skilled players in lower tier servers. T1 is all zergy and group roaming. T1 doesn’t mean you have higher skilled players. T1 means you have better coverage and a lot more people to cover PPT. below T1 and lower you’ll gradually find better players because there isn’t a huge assortment of bads clumping and rolling everything over.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Warrior

Tyr.1965

It actually works in the opposite you’re likely able to find more individually skilled players in lower tier servers. T1 is all zergy and group roaming. T1 doesn’t mean you have higher skilled players. T1 means you have better coverage and a lot more people to cover PPT. below T1 and lower you’ll gradually find better players because there isn’t a huge assortment of bads clumping and rolling everything over.

This is what everyone who isn’t in T1 says; sounds like excuses. Are there good players on every server? Sure, absolutely. But if you think that all there is to being in T1 is coverage and big zergs, you’ll never make it to T1, let alone have what it takes to stay there. But before more non-T1 players come in here trying to make themselves feel better for playing on weaker servers, this thread is about the Hammer. Let’s keep it on topic.

in Warrior

wcker.2516

Thankss guys, i enjoyed the conversation… really! But about the hammer, if i want to keep roaming i will need to get back to my GS – SW/WH or SW/SHIELD?? But after this patch anything will change about these 2, or same old stuff??

in Warrior

Tyr.1965

Thankss guys, i enjoyed the conversation… really! But about the hammer, if i want to keep roaming i will need to get back to my GS – SW/WH or SW/SHIELD?? But after this patch anything will change about these 2, or same old stuff??

Nothing’s really changing in that department. I think the horn is more suited for roaming than the shield, although the shield is not without its uses.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

And being a T1 server attracts T1 players, people who want to play against the best competition the game has to offer.

Having played T1 with HB and MERC for nearly 8 months, while some players are definitely top notch, assuming that just because your playing in T1 you are playing with the best players or competition is utter hogwash.