Warrior Bug list (UPDATED)

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

TOOLTIP BUGS:
-Gunflame: trait “crack shot” adds Pierce on tooltip

BUGS:
-Shield Bash: is affected by Chilled/Cripple/Swiftness (not solved)
-Hundred blades: gets interrupted if target goes into stealth
-Blaze Breaker: gives a message stating no line of sight when players face away from enemies while casting

STUCK BUGS;
-Brutal shot: often dodge you in the same place and not backwards
-Shield bash
-Decapitate/Evi

BUG SINCE LAST PATCH
-Burst skills going off while swapping weapons or right after a different skill while you didnt expect it.. dunno what this is but happens allot

Old known bugs
-Whirlwind: goes off the wrong direction, this happens when something is above you like a bridge.
-Endure pain: very minor delay while active (server-client issue or just a delay.. dunno)
-Combustive shot/CI combo.. we all know it, and its a ground target skill so dunno i dont think they would ever redo this so you have to hit something because its ground target

Uneven terrain problems
The following skills often fail to hit because uneven terrain or server/client issues’s. all classes and pretty much all leap skills have these problems, i dont think they would ever solve this, sometimes its minor:

-Hammer Shock
-Earthshaker/Rapturing Smash
-Bladetrail
-Savage Leap
-Tremor
-Trow Bolas
-Sundering Leap
-Bull’s Charge
-Rush minor works allot better now

SOLVED

Tooltip bugs:
-Arc divider: says its a fire field (used to be)
-Balanced stance: no Stance in the tooltip (different compared to last stand)
-Crack shot: adds piercing to rifle butt and most harpoon skills (used to be)
-Gunflame: tooltip dmg is wrong when traited with burst mastery

Bugs:
-Stomp: some issues (known by Josh)
-Banner 5: Doesnt work
-Rush: Missing target its much better now

(edited by nicknamenick.2437)

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Rushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

Rushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah i know but i dont even mention this skill anymore.. they already attempted to fix this skill like 3 times?…. looks like we just have to deal with it like most of these bugs (same for stuck bug and earthshaker uneven terrain stuff also)

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Yeah i know but i dont even mention this skill anymore.. they already attempted to fix this skill like 3 times?…. looks like we just have to deal with it like most of these bugs (same for stuck bug and earthshaker uneven terrain stuff also)

It just bothers me to no end. Most frustrating thing in the world when you’re having a good fight, and one rush can close that gap and end it and it just flies past the enemy and leaves you standing there.

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Rush has got to be the highest damage coefficient self trolling skill in the game.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Rush has got to be the highest damage coefficient self trolling skill in the game.

Haha, truer words have never been posted here. That’d be signature worthy if signatures were a thing on this forum…..

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Time for attempt #4! I made some slight adjustments (anim speed, attack radius, increased travel velocity for the small leap at the end) to the skill that should (hopefully) make it land more consistently.

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Josh you are a man among men! Thanks again for all your hard work

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

Time for attempt #4! I made some slight adjustments (anim speed, attack radius, increased travel velocity for the small leap at the end) to the skill that should (hopefully) make it land more consistently.

Wuuuuut woooo! nice! thank you Josh! where have you been all that time! :-P

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Has the Endure Pain bug been fixed? I haven’t played these days, and I don’t see it in the list, but if it has, thanks a lot!

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

for 10k gems I will scream all 17 buggs that warrior has today.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

@Elgie, sort of. The bug was caused by a timing issue between when you cast it, and when the skill that hits you was cast. for example, if someone uses true shot and as they are castign it you activate endure pain there is a possibility it will go through becasue his still was cast “first”. This was partially fixed because they changed when Defy pain kicks off. (now at 50% hp) This emans that if you do take a hit as Defy pain kicks off, you wont be insta downed like you used to.

in Warrior

Elegie.3620

@emkelly Yeah, your analysis makes sense, but this isn’t a fix, it’s a coincidence, and the bug remains for Endure Pain. I’m using Endure Pain as a way to mitigate bursts, watching enemy tells and activating on them, so I guess I’m still screwed when my HP is below ~8k

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

@Elgie, Saddly im not sure there is anything they can do about it. The skill works as intended, it’s latency between you the other client and the server that is the problem.

in Warrior

Elegie.3620

@Elgie, Saddly im not sure there is anything they can do about it. The skill works as intended, it’s latency between you the other client and the server that is the problem.

I thought it was latency at first, but now I’m pretty much convinced it’s to do with how Endure Pain is analyzed on the server. After all, as far I can tell, the problem only occurs when you’re about to receive a fatal strike.

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Josh why not make rush the same animation as fiery rush?

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

TRIGGEREDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

When is this supposed fix supposed to take place?

(edited by Furajir.3815)

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

@furafir, sometime in the near future. its hard to say because they may not get everything on the very next update. but seeing as how the one about rush actually has some specifics, i’ll have to assume that it will likelly be one of the next ones fixed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Why you simply.. you know.. wont give it a leap at the end like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fiery_Rush ? I have no idea why you trying to fix something that most likely wont work

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Warrior

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

Thanks for posting, Josh! It’s good to hear dev communication – and get bug fixes, of course!

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Can you fix some of the warrior’s sprint movement skills as well? Like just “SOME” would be goood at this point. Shield 4 not breaking immobilize is really hurting me.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in Warrior

Caedmon.6798

Can you fix some of the warrior’s sprint movement skills as well? Like just “SOME” would be goood at this point. Shield 4 not breaking immobilize is really hurting me.

happends on bind root mostly for me,either it gets applied right after the bash or you’re just stuck in it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vaga.5174

Vaga.5174

Warrior Rush (even though this is forever buggy) Is still effected by movement conditions. The speed is not effected, however the skill will always cleave short of the target when you have one of these conditions on you, despite being well within range.

The stuck bug, i know this is universal, but when i play warrior i get this constantly, usually after whirlwind attack followed by a dodge.

Im not sure if this is real or not, but ive been experiencing ‘swap weapons’ not triggering sometimes when i press it, and this is not a latency thing. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.

in Warrior

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Why not copy the movement of bull’s charge?

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Why not copy the movement of bull’s charge?

Isn’t Bull’s Charge still buggy? Used to have major accuracy issues too.

in Warrior

Cerby.1069

Im not sure if this is real or not, but ive been experiencing ‘swap weapons’ not triggering sometimes when i press it, and this is not a latency thing. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.

I get this kind of stuff all the time where i hit a key and nothing happens. Looking at my keyboard though I discover I can presss keys in ways such that the key presses themselves don’t go off…..my ‘gaming keyboard’ has this issue apparently. I only get the problem in that specific game though so….idk lol. Even though I can reproduce the problem out of game, too many keys to press for gw2 i guess. I suggest you fool around with your keyboard and see if pressing the keys in slanted ways halfway and what not causes them not to trigger sometimes. If the key can be compressed if any tactile way but not register….that’s not good.

Other times I clearly compress the key and nothing happens though….and I know its the game in those cases. It always happens when I lagg. Consider as well the frozen bugg with warriors where you just stop moving and alot of commands don’t work when you hit them….that could also be the case where ur hit by that at the wrong time. Other times I clearly smack the key and it doesn’t go off. I have my weapon swap key on ~ under the esc key left of the 1 key. I can pound on that multiple and times while I’m not lagging and nothing will happen…that can’t be my keyboard.

I also get an issue I think its with sticky keys or something….that might be related to this problem tbh. I have everything disabled in terms of sticky keys yet I still get wweird ‘whistle swooooooosh’ sound in the middle of fights every so often. Windows 8 blows so hard its not even funny. I disable so much stuff on it and there’s always 1 more thing you find that shouldn’t exist and needs to be disabled.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vaga.5174

Vaga.5174

Interesting.

However i have tried to use the swap weapons button using the mouse and UI and still occasionally does not seem to work.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sabbatum.7263

Sabbatum.7263

The Berserker’s Trait called “Blood Reaction” is bugged and is not applying it’s % to the passive bonus of “Signet of Fury” (Gaining 180 Precision). Just tested with this Signet at all, but could be bugged with other precision increasing skills, such as Banner etc…

Your weakness makes me laugh!

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I wish you the best of luck!

The other day I was dueling a friend, Warrior vs Warrior, and we both used rush at the exact same moment…. and went charging straight towards….. and then past each other, basically trading spots, both of us missing by a mile.

It was so hilarious and classic, we both had to stop and laugh it out on teamspeak for a while XD

in Warrior

Posted by: abrogations.3274

abrogations.3274

Whirlwind Attack doesn’t seem to deal any damage to the Octovine

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

Dont forget Anet..

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

Looks like Anet fixed all the tooltips i mentioned in this topic!

Thanx Josh!!

Next step is:
> Banners (the mechanic sucks, maby make it marks or something?)
> Shouts (just bring back the healing part en buff some of them)

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Welp, I never thought I’d see the day.

Maybe it’s just early still, but I used rush a few dozen times since patch so far, and have not missed a single one (cept legit evades, invul, etc). I’m almost afraid to say Rush is actually truly fixed, out of fear that I’ll jinx it and we’ll get rolled back! XD

I think the only one that slipped through is earthshaker. Between rush and the movement bug getting fixed, we might actually be the closest to bug-free I can ever recall.

Pat yourself on the back devs, while I go knock on wood!

in Warrior

Cerby.1069

Welp, I never thought I’d see the day.

Maybe it’s just early still, but I used rush a few dozen times since patch so far, and have not missed a single one (cept legit evades, invul, etc). I’m almost afraid to say Rush is actually truly fixed, out of fear that I’ll jinx it and we’ll get rolled back! XD

I think the only one that slipped through is earthshaker. Between rush and the movement bug getting fixed, we might actually be the closest to bug-free I can ever recall.

Pat yourself on the back devs, while I go knock on wood!

I actually have a new problem with rush though, which was probably an oversight when ‘fixing’ it. You know how you can change targets and the direction of rush while its active? Well often when fighting I have rush go straight in 1 direction (no targets selected) and then target the enemy who is in the opposite direction mid-way causing me to do a 180 degree turn and get the jump on an unsuspecting foe. Since the patch though there has either been a large delay between rush changing direction to the newly selected target, or it just doesn’t turn itself at all. Its alot more cumbersome feeling in this respect, with the delays and the not listening to my commands at all kind of thing.

Whirlwind has also gone off in the opposite direction 3 times today….getting me killed at least 1 of those times. I heard that was supposed to be fixed in the patchnotes….but im getting it now in wvsw. didnt have the problem in pve….just wvsw.

in Warrior

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Probably going to get an angry mob after me for saying this but; Combustive Shot grants Adrenal Health regardless of whether a target is hit or not.

Correct me if I’m wrong but with any other burst skill, you are required to hit a target in order to get Adrenal Health’s benefits.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

Probably going to get an angry mob after me for saying this but; Combustive Shot grants Adrenal Health regardless of whether a target is hit or not.

Correct me if I’m wrong but with any other burst skill, you are required to hit a target in order to get Adrenal Health’s benefits.

Been gone for a while and still are, but this is something how combustive shot (and the beserker version also) worked since day 1

For both CI (cleansing ire) and for the new adrenaline health.
its something that has been a discussion for a long time and still is from time to time.
I dont think it would ever change because its ground targeted.

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Its always been like that. It’s not a bug it’s more like that’s how the skill works, and for it to work different would require the skill to be reprogrammed.

Thats not to say that its safe from Anets nerf bat, becasue they have re programed skills before to nerf classes, becasue they were unable to change the interaction of them otherwise.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

It’s not just AH, but Cleansing Ire and Berserker Power as well. Reflect is the only way I’ve seen that prevented. I’ve kind of assumed at this point that it isn’t easily fixed.

in Warrior

Elegie.3620

Combustive Shot does not target a player, but simply the ground. As such, all burst benefits are procced as soon as the projectile hits the ground: Adrenal Health as you’ve noticed, but also Cleansing Ire, Berserker’s Power…

As it is a projectile, it can be blocked, destroyed or reflected. In such cases, the burst effects do not proc – and if you reflect it, the AoE becomes yours.

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

Its always been like that. It’s not a bug it’s more like that’s how the skill works, and for it to work different would require the skill to be reprogrammed.

Thats not to say that its safe from Anets nerf bat, becasue they have re programed skills before to nerf classes, becasue they were unable to change the interaction of them otherwise.

true, they did allot of work on the engine i guess because there where allot of crazy bugs popping up back then.. so they might have the tools now to rework the skills..

in Warrior

Posted by: ERES.9135

ERES.9135

Hello,
my today’s rush journey: Some crazy warrior wants to rush me, but i saw that he don’t rush in my direction so… maybe he don’t target me. In that case i decided not to dodge, but…
https://youtu.be/lKRNFUPAj0Q

in Warrior

Cerby.1069

Since patch, when i burst some1 into downed state from a high hp with gunflame they ‘move’ while in downed state ‘away’ from me. When I do damage to their ‘actual’ position it doesn’t register so i have to move to where they are moving….but they always reappear at the point where they are downed. So they teleport backwards to their original position. THis is really really annoying and it has cost me my life and a couple of kills already. Its like having a downed player with the thief’s teleport downed ability off cd twice in a row. Its mainly wvsw. ive had npc and stuff in wvsw do it as well…some in pve. but mainly in wvsw i see them in a position and fire but in reality they are wayyyyyyyy over there and im firing at the air. Its basically the yak glitch, but with players…..

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Since patch, when i burst some1 into downed state from a high hp with gunflame they ‘move’ while in downed state ‘away’ from me. When I do damage to their ‘actual’ position it doesn’t register so i have to move to where they are moving….but they always reappear at the point where they are downed. So they teleport backwards to their original position. THis is really really annoying and it has cost me my life and a couple of kills already. Its like having a downed player with the thief’s teleport downed ability off cd twice in a row. Its mainly wvsw. ive had npc and stuff in wvsw do it as well…some in pve. but mainly in wvsw i see them in a position and fire but in reality they are wayyyyyyyy over there and im firing at the air. Its basically the yak glitch, but with players…..

I have not seen that glitch. can you recreate it and post it on you tube or something? if this is a thing it really needs fixed. my guess is you are experiencing latency.

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Yeah, it happens. It’s a bit like the Dolyak bug, and you have to use movement skills to reach the body. Had one that kept rolling to the water at one point.

in Warrior

Caedmon.6798

Hello,
my today’s rush journey: Some crazy warrior wants to rush me, but i saw that he don’t rush in my direction so… maybe he don’t target me. In that case i decided not to dodge, but…

They added an aoe effect to rush to make it land better..The aoe just seems a bit too large indeed.

if only they just make rush like fiery from ele..all would be good.

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Hello,

They added an aoe effect to rush to make it land better..The aoe just seems a bit too large indeed.

if only they just make rush like fiery from ele..all would be good.

On the other hand, he was clearly targeted and the warrior still went off in a weird direction.

So, while I agree the (single target) aoe shouldn’t be that big, it would have been worse for ERES if Rush had behaved properly because he would have been hit AND the warrior would have been next to him.

in Warrior

Interpret Interrupt.3824

That looks like a latency thing. The rush hit box is not that big, and the warrior clearly stopped at your old radius. If he did not target anything, it would have passed you. If you he retargeted, then I could see that happening.

K Pop

in Warrior

Posted by: Aisling.2340

Aisling.2340

Banner skill 5 has been broken since LS3 release. Won’t plant the banner. When pressed it does nothing.

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

lol really? the fact that i have not seen that mentioned just goes to show how crappy banners are. no one uses them.

in Warrior

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Decapitate if it kills an enemy does not produce a shockwave. If it does not kill the target, then it makes a shockwave.

K Pop