Warrior Downstate was nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Lately i have notice that after I use vengeance I´m only imune for about 1 sec and that is +/- the time you take to rise from the floor. Everytime i use vengeance (not that often because warrior downstate its the worst to avoid stomps from all professions imo) i get almost imediately dead from damage.
Its this a bug or we have been nerfed?

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

Ok. I find it. It was nerfed in the Game Update Notes – October 15, 2013.

“•Vengeance: Players are now granted the same duration of invulnerability as rallying upon activation (1 second from 5 seconds).”

Its oficial… Warriors have the most useless downstate in the game.

in Warrior

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

If you’re dying immediately after using vengeance then l2p. When I mean l2p I mean l2pvt.

Seriously though, stop relying on that invincibility crutch on vengeance. That nerf was well warranted. Did you really think the same huurrrr durrr zerker warrior from PVE would translate well into PVP? Get some Power, Vitality, Toughness armor.

(edited by Phoenixfudge.5290)

in Warrior

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Yea! You have to get some durrr huurrrr PVT gear instead!

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

To be fair, most downstate 3 skills aren’t that useful anyway.

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Got to say, it doesn’t really seem like the kind of thing that needed changing.

Vengeance is one of the most obvious buffs in the game and it’s not like surviving until it is over is that hard.

Heck, Vengeance is so bad that it’s only really useful when there are large groups fighting or when there’s a mob nearby.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

Got to say, it doesn’t really seem like the kind of thing that needed changing.

Vengeance is one of the most obvious buffs in the game and it’s not like surviving until it is over is that hard.

Heck, Vengeance is so bad that it’s only really useful when there are large groups fighting or when there’s a mob nearby.

I had a pretty clutch moment earlier today where I was in downed state but their team was focusing mine, I used Vengeance and managed to get off a War Banner before I died to revive my teammates.

I’d prefer if we had three seconds of invuln or possibly Stability. As it stands Vengeance is extremely easy to survive and doesn’t contribute to capturing a point. Simply run from the Warrior in question and you’ve rendered the skill worthless.

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

If you’re dying immediately after using vengeance then l2p. When I mean l2p I mean l2pvt.

Seriously though, stop relying on that invincibility crutch on vengeance. That nerf was well warranted. Did you really think the same huurrrr durrr zerker warrior from PVE would translate well into PVP? Get some Power, Vitality, Toughness armor.

I think you are talking about WvW? If that is the case, i forgot to tell that my isues are in sPvP / tPvP. In that kind of fights vengeance was already weak and it only could shine in some specific situation but you had to be lucky to activate vengeance. Now Warrior downstate is useless. You get up… and you die right after.
I think there is not a single downstate in other classes that rely on your armour to be usefull.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Warrs got the worst hands down agreed.

rangers got the best

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

rangers got the best

Thieves have a much worse downstate than warriors.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

rangers got the best

Thief’s is worse than warrior’s
Warrior’s is worse than engineer’s
Engineer’s is worse than elementalist’s
Elementalist’s is worse than ranger’s
Ranger’s is worse than guardian’s
Guardian’s is worse than mesmer’s
Mesmer’s is worse than necromancer’s
Necromancer’s is worse than thief’s

in Warrior

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Good. Last thing this game needs is downed state being better. Nerf it all to the ground. Nobody should be doing more than 1000 damage from downed state. Nobody should be doing the rediculous kitten that rangers do with lick wounds from downed state. Nobody should be applying 6 stacks of confusion and doing 6k backstabs from downed state. Nobody should be crippling from downed state. Nobody should be getting up and getting a free stomp on people from downed state.

You beat them. They should not be at an advantage after being beaten.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Warrior

Olba.5376

I think you are talking about WvW? If that is the case, i forgot to tell that my isues are in sPvP / tPvP. In that kind of fights vengeance was already weak and it only could shine in some specific situation but you had to be lucky to activate vengeance. Now Warrior downstate is useless. You get up… and you die right after.
I think there is not a single downstate in other classes that rely on your armour to be usefull.

In WvW, Vengeance is pretty much only good if there’s a large fight or a mob nearby to rally off of. But then again, you could rally almost as easily in those situations without Vengeance.

Also, Vengeance should never, ever, under any condition result in going back to downstate. Considering the pretty good mobility that a Warrior has and the fact that Vengeance lasts for 15 seconds, that’s like Mist Form on steroids. Greatsword with Mobile Strikes would make Vengeance better than Mist Form by a massive factor.

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

rangers got the best

In WvW i can agree with you, but in sPvP/tPvP that is not true. Avoiding a stomp in sPvP and tPvP for some more seconds could be the time your team need to ress you. Warrior its the worst of all in that case.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

In WvW, Vengeance is pretty much only good if there’s a large fight or a mob nearby to rally off of. But then again, you could rally almost as easily in those situations without Vengeance.

Also, Vengeance should never, ever, under any condition result in going back to downstate. Considering the pretty good mobility that a Warrior has and the fact that Vengeance lasts for 15 seconds, that’s like Mist Form on steroids. Greatsword with Mobile Strikes would make Vengeance better than Mist Form by a massive factor.

except you know…. mist form keeps you alive after using it, and in wvw is by far the strongest downed #3. -MAYBE- you could compare vengeance to mist form, but you cant because vengeance KILLS you, not downs you.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Warrior

Olba.5376

except you know…. mist form keeps you alive after using it, and in wvw is by far the strongest downed #3. -MAYBE- you could compare vengeance to mist form, but you cant because vengeance KILLS you, not downs you.

I guess you didn’t read what I wrote. Let’s try that again:
Also, Vengeance should never, ever, under any condition result in going back to downstate … that’s like Mist Form on steroids. Greatsword with Mobile Strikes would make Vengeance better than Mist Form by a massive factor.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Also, Vengeance should never, ever, under any condition result in going back to downstate … that’s like Mist Form on steroids. Greatsword with Mobile Strikes would make Vengeance better than Mist Form by a massive factor.

Yeah I read it. In WvW mist form is the strongest downed state skill, because it can get you inside a keep/tower 95% of the time ALIVE. you use vengeance and use greatsword skills to get in, you’re still going to die and take armor damage. Even in spvp I cant see the skill being that good, as your chance to NOT die using it slim, and extremely unreliable.
Just because you get back up and can run does not mean you get a “get out of jail free” card. At most I can see you denying someone a stomp, but thats about all.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Warrior

Olba.5376

Yeah I read it. In WvW mist form is the strongest downed state skill, because it can get you inside a keep/tower 95% of the time ALIVE. you use vengeance and use greatsword skills to get in, you’re still going to die and take armor damage. Even in spvp I cant see the skill being that good, as your chance to NOT die using it slim, and extremely unreliable.
Just because you get back up and can run does not mean you get a “get out of jail free” card. At most I can see you denying someone a stomp, but thats about all.

Mist Form is strong because it goes back to downed state, right?

I just said that Vengeance would be OP if it did the same.

Which part of that is tripping you up?

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

rangers got the best

In WvW i can agree with you, but in sPvP/tPvP that is not true. Avoiding a stomp in sPvP and tPvP for some more seconds could be the time your team need to ress you. Warrior its the worst of all in that case.

What is with PvE?

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

rangers got the best

Is this a joke? Have you ever tried stomping a thief in a 5v5 small man fight in WvW? The fact that he can evade a stomp TWICE leaves the rest of his team with a lot of time to revive and attack those trying to finish him. You can stability/mistform/elixer S/invis stomp any class in the game except a thief and mesmer (but mesmer’s downstate isn’t as good).

in Warrior

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Great, now that you vengeanced you’ll be utterly useless and incapable of damaging or killing anything post-vengeance. You were probably allowed to vengeance in the first place because no decent player will waste time/hp/possible stability spiking a PVT warrior.

Vengeanced PVT warrior: The single most ignorable threat in the game.

EDIT: Sorta on topic, I thought it was general knowledge that warrior downstate was one of the worst?

In general, a good downstate buys time for your team to rez you, not for you to do “MAD DEEPS”. To this end:

*Thief has small range TP to 100% avoid stomp from multiple enemies (unless quickness) and then invis for himself and whoever is rezzing (Very good downed state)

*Ele has an invuln + mist form to 100% avoid stomp from multiple enemies (unless quickness) and then place himself in a position that allows his team to more safely rez, or for him to rez himself out of sight. (Very good downed state)

*Mesmer has an invis/teleport that allows them to 100% avoid stomp from multiple enemies if timed appropriately (unless quickness). Clones are pretty useless. (Decent downed state)

Guardian has an AoE knockback that prevents stomp from multiple players (unless quickness OR stab). Symbol of Judgment assists team with rezzing the guard (Decent downed state)

*Ranger has an AoE stun that allows them to avoid stomp from multiple enemies (unless stab or quickness (actually unsure about stealth since I’m not a ranger expert)). Pet assists in rezzing player, and is godly underwater where stomping is impossible. (Decent downed state above water, best downed state underwater)

*Engie has a single target pull+knockdown that prevents stomp (unless stab, stealth, quickness, aegis (?), multiple stomps), followed by an AoE knockback if enemies take long enough to stomp (countered by stab). Overall this can help assist with rezzing but most of the time someone somewhere will have stab at some point and stomp the engie (Mediocre down state)

*Necro has a single target fear that avoids stomping (unless stab, quickness, stealth or condi immunity, multiple stomps), as well that actually does a reasonable amount of dmg if you stand in it for too long. However, due to number of ways in which to counter their initial ability to prevent stomp, their down state is rather poor (Poor downed state)

*Warrior has a single target, cast-timed ranged knockdown (unless quickness, stab, blind, stealthed, obstructed, dodged (from telegraphed animation), shield blocked, aegis-blocked or multiple stomps). Vengeance revives with low HP and can be reasonably useful but, due to the very-poor anti-stomp mechanism built into warrior downstate, is rarely used. (Terrible down state)

So yes, in a high-level, organized pvp situation where the enemy team actively tries to stomp high-value targets and the friendly team aims at assisting teammates to revive from downed state, warrior has the worst down-state mechanic because of its terrible initial-stomp prevention skill.

Again, the point of the downed state isn’t to deal massive damage or kill people, it’s to buy time for your team to rez you so you can return to your normal role in the fight. Considering this, warrior’s downstate is by far the worst.

I mean seriously, who really complained about vengeance 5s invuln before they changed it? If you were sitting in melee range of a vengeanced war and autoattacking it for the 5s vulnerability period then you deserved to die.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

The way I see it, there are 3 standard methods of stomping a downed player: Stealth, Multi, and Stability. IMHO, all balanced #2 skills should have 1 weakness, and 2 strengths. Observe….

Guardian: Wave of Light (AoE Knockback)
Strong vs: Multiple Stomps, Stealth Stomps
Weak vs: Stability Stomps

Guardian is a perfect example of a great #2 skill. It’s strong vs Multi and Stealth, but countered by stability.

Necro: Fear (Single Target Fear)
Strong vs: None
Weak vs: Stability Stomps, Multiple Stomps, Stealth Stomps

Warrior: Hammer Toss (Single Target Knockdown)

Engineer: Grappling Line (Single Target Pull)

Elementalist: Vapor Form (Movement + Immunity 5s)
Strong vs: Stability Stomps, Multiple Stomps, Stealth Stomps
Weak vs: None

Thief: Shadow Escape (Teleport Range 600)
Strong vs: Stability Stomps, Multiple Stomps, Stealth Stomps
Weak vs: None

However, notice how some of the other classes have a serious disparity with their #2 skills. Some are strong vs all 3 types, and some are weak vs all three types….

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

Its rare a warrior be able to triger vengeance even if the other team dont knows what is doing, players usualy stomp the downed player right after downed him.

But what is more amasing is vengeance being afected by chill… Can warrior DS get even worst than now?