Warrior Elite Specialization Ideas

in Warrior

Posted by: clikadud.7854

clikadud.7854

What do you think Anet might give warrior as an Elite Specialization. After some thinking, I believe they might give warrior either Melee staff, like Revenant, or Ranged Daggers. Either way, it could be dps/interrupt.

in Warrior

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

Tbh I don’t really care at this point, after looking at new specs I’m going do a Rytlock and shelf warrior for revenant.

Warrior elite spec is reroll to rev.

(edited by lordhelmos.7623)

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I was hoping for melee staff but then was reminded that Ranger is getting staff and so far there has been no class getting the same new weapon. Offhand Dagger or Pistol is most likely, I’m leaning towards Pistol because Dagger seems too…obvious for ANet.

As for the new utility, my crazy prediction is some kind of Mantras that function differently than the Mesmer versions. I feel like nothing else really fits unless I’m overlooking something. Maybe Tricks, Meditations, or Gadgets? Those all seem really similar to utility skills Warrior already has though.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

I hope it’s the torch but it’s probably going to be something lame and completely un-warrior like pistol or dagger.

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I hope it’s the torch but it’s probably going to be something lame and completely un-warrior like pistol or dagger.

Why torch? Between LB and the new Burning arrow AND Powerful Synergy we’re already going to have an absurd amount of burn potentially. Any more and we become even more like Guardian (which already has torch) which is not something I think many Wars would want (they already get to play zerk better than us in TPvP).

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: arthurobenzi.2619

arthurobenzi.2619

Torch is lame (on par with focus) , gw2 warrior aren’t knight, a pistol or a dagger would suit well better.

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Pretty sure it will have something to do with dual wielding.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Way back when on the April Fools Day Anet joked us with the Commando class.
Maybe it wasn’t a complete joke. With a main hand pistol it might become a thing.
Give it tricks or deceptions from the Thief class and BAM there it is.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Warrior

Posted by: ryandeniszorro.6735

ryandeniszorro.6735

Ill go and agree with lordhelmos. Hell , even Rytlock switched his main.

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Just let Warriors strip Boons…..

in Warrior

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

Dagger is not “un-warrior like”. From a historical perspective, it was rather common for warriors across several eras to carry a dagger or knife for a variety of close combat situations. In the case of being disarmed, or having their weapon break, carrying the extra blade gave them a fallback option as well. Even today, bayonet knives are still standard issue within many armies, though they may seldom be used in most forms of modern combat.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

in Warrior

Posted by: Regh.8649

Regh.8649

Dagger is not un-warrior, usually used for emergency close combat and unfavored situations.

I think and hope warrior will stay magic free and I can only see two junctions here;
Warrior and thief, no stealth ofc, but dagger quick combat and poison.
And the most plausible to me, warrior + engineer, where pistols would fit the non magical theme.

Torch while also non magical, it would fit more a thief spec as a raider, but I can see it working with warrior.

But that’s me.

Cheers!

in Warrior

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Why torch? Between LB and the new Burning arrow AND Powerful Synergy we’re already going to have an absurd amount of burn potentially. Any more and we become even more like Guardian (which already has torch) which is not something I think many Wars would want (they already get to play zerk better than us in TPvP).

Warrior+Guardian as our specialization is actually quite possible, and I wouldn’t be so fast to turn it off as a bad pick.

Arenanet want to give specializations things they didn’t use to have. What’s the biggest thing warrior don’t have? Protection! What classes gets so much protection that it comes out of their ears? Guardian.

Torch in that sense would work, but our torch would be themed as a rallying weapon, not as a burning weapon. You could get a skill called something like Rallying Beacon or whatever that would give protection to yourself and all allies.

Then there’s the fact that for 3 years making a bunker Warrior has been kitten near impossible and people asking for it were basically told to reroll Guardian. Getting comboed with Guardian with an emphasis on defense and sustain would fix that problem.

Then there’s the possibility that we get access to taunt, so getting paired with a class with buffier defenses makes sense if we’re going to be spamming that.

For all these reasons I think Guardian would be the best match. I don’t think Thief have anything that could really top protection for us, unless they give us stealth but I wouldn’t daydream about getting stealth on a warrior. The only thing I would like from them would be a taunt shot on pistol.

And anyway I could totally see Arenanet wink at us with a Wa/Mo themed elite specialization.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Pistols, definetly. Main hand (so one can use pistol/warhorn in WvW), offhand (Warhammer style, oh yeah) and dualwield of course.

It would fit the Warrior perfectly. In fact, a 1 handed ranged weapon is the only thing the Warrior lack in terms of weaponry and he cant very well use scepter. A pistol is pretty much the only weapon that make sense. Another two handed magic range weapon such as a staff definetly would not fit the Warrior.

While torch would be great (I have legendary torch, heh), I dont see it as needed due to other offhand weapons. Unless of course, its a ranged mainhand weapon. Throwing torches at people wouldnt be all bad.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cortano.5419

Cortano.5419

Our specialization is definitely kits

Scorpion Style: Axe/Dagger
Specializing in evasive moves, interruptions, weakness, snares and poison
Dagger and axe benefit from axe talents

Flaming Blade Style: Sword/Torch
List your sword on fire and go to town with fire fields, blinds (smoke), leaps, and a whirling attack. Sword benefits from sword talents.

Iron Legion Style: Pistol (MH) / ChainSword
direct ranged damage
chain sword rush to close
daze front / stun back with a short range pistol shot
channeled (stationary) chainsword attack
psitol benefits from rifle talent, sword from sword talents

BackBreaker Style: (Double Sized Hammer)
When in this style, your condition damage and power are reversed if your condition damage is higher than your power
Slow, High Damage Attacks perfect for taking out static targets
150% damage to physical objects, stunned or prone characters
Chance to shatter chilled characters for extra damage
Benefits from Hammer talents

Crane Style: Staff (Healing)
basic attack that siphons health, block+heal, condition transfer, AoE (whirl), water field
benefits from mace talents

Sniper Rifle: Elite
1500 range. Damage increases for every second you are stationary.
benefits from rifle talents
Takes the F1 talent from current rifle

(Rifle now has a ‘instant’ that knocks down and dazes enemies.)

(edited by Cortano.5419)

in Warrior

Cortano.5419

and our new weapon: Trident

600 range thrown under-water weapon

in Warrior

Cortano.5419

“Mantra’s” would be kind of cool too:

‘Poison Dagger’ (Poison)
‘Holdout Pistol’
‘Smoke Grenade’ (darkness field + blind)
‘Flashbang Grenade’ (Daze + interrupt)

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

it’ll probably be some sort of monk or half way between a warrior/guardian

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

Pretty sure it will have something to do with dual wielding.

DUAL GREATSWORDS

Muhahahaha

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

Main hand torch, just cause, you know it’s anet

1 – generic auto attack with 1 stack of bleed in the end for 1 sec
2 – throw your out torch, but instead of anything related to fire, 1 stack of poison for 1 sec cause lol, who would’ve guessed poison
3 – put out your torch making smoke, but ahah gotcha it’s not a smoke field, it’s going to put 2 whole stacks of torment for 1 second

Burst skill – stand in one spot to kindle a campfire cast time will be 5 seconds, aoe vuln, add in stacks based on adren

in Warrior

Posted by: Kain the Reaver.5794

Kain the Reaver.5794

Each class seems to be a call back to GW1 with the multiclassing because each class so far seems to take the current class and spec them into a playstyle used by other classes.

I would enjoy seeing a focus in off hand (or even main, odd as it is) and using Cantrips. Cantrips are basic spells with good utility and instant casting times and cantrips are the simply of simple spells. A warrior could learn them and use them in combat to get unique effects. The Guardian is getting traps but they are not condition spam but attacks with utility. The focus could involve AoE attacks with cantrips being instant cast attacks instead of more defense added to his over-filed physical list.

The few things that makes sense so far that would work other wise would pistol with Gadgets (exactly the same as physical attacks really) or Weapon Kits (not really something a warrior needs with him since he is already weapon swapping), Dagger with shadow stepping or poisons (again way too much like a thief with heavy armor), or even Torch with Mantra’s. I would really like to see a magic warrior more than just an engineer or thief with heavy armor and a big weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Main hand torch, just cause, you know it’s anet

1 – generic auto attack with 1 stack of bleed in the end for 1 sec
2 – throw your out torch, but instead of anything related to fire, 1 stack of poison for 1 sec cause lol, who would’ve guessed poison
3 – put out your torch making smoke, but ahah gotcha it’s not a smoke field, it’s going to put 2 whole stacks of torment for 1 second

Burst skill – stand in one spot to kindle a campfire cast time will be 5 seconds, aoe vuln, add in stacks based on adren

You fool! They haven’t announced yet… what happens if they read your post and think, “that’s WAY better than the poison/interrupt/mid-range craziness we had planned!”?

Gah! You ruined everything!

(But yeah, nicely done)

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Pyrophobia.6592

Pyrophobia.6592

I’m hoping for melee foci, because a lot of the focus models look like some form of fist weapon. Seriously, tell me you wouldn’t want to punch someone with this: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero%27s_Focus

Or maybe a melee torch :p

in Warrior

Posted by: JohnRiddle.8196

JohnRiddle.8196

Every elite specialization borrows traits and mechanichs from another (ex. Mesmer/Chronomancer – Wells,Necromancer/Reaper – Shouts,Guardian/Dragonhunter – Traps etc.) creating a unique NEW mechanic system from what the players has been used to while playing their characters without changing each class’ theme.

As we know the Ranger will become Druid gaining access to a Staff making him more of a mage and the Engineer will have access to a Hammer and some flying dromes(propably gaining acces to minions like the Necro has) making him a bit more melee/fighter.

I believe that the Warrior would be interesting to have something like the Mesmer’s mechanics. Gaining access to a scepter but as an off-hand weapon to summon and command troops of warriors like him.(Something like Thief’s elite skill:Thieves Guild) The scepter would not fire bolt’s or anything but it would have command spells to order the summoned troops to attack.

The troops would have more NPC’s automatic personality and they could even pick up the banners that the Warrior casts.They dont have to be something too fancy…holding a standar shield and sword and wearing standar armor but always always be the same race as the Warrior.

I believe is an cool mechanic to have in the game without changing the core theme of the class but upgrading it like the rest do for other classes making him more of a commander for an army. Warrior’s Elite specialization would be the: Inquisitor

in Warrior

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I want a shoulder mounted laser cannon, a scythe that launches rockets, a land shark bola, a battle axe the size of Rhode Island and food buffs that last for infinity. Why should we have to choose?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

(edited by DresdenAllblack.1249)

in Warrior

Posted by: El Diablo.1483

El Diablo.1483

Dual Wielding Greatswords would be AMAZING

in Warrior

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

Dagger/Dagger aka Floki going berzerk in combat field

in Warrior

Posted by: RJMazz.6798

RJMazz.6798

Offhand pistol with a spammable, fast autoattack like 4 skill so I can unleash the Space Marine within.