Warrior Elite Specialization - Kits

in Warrior

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Hey guys I posted this on Reddit and I wanted to hear more views so I thought I’d give it a post here too. As the weeks/months lessen toward the launch of HoT we are all theory crafting and speculating on the new Elite specs.

One of the most mysterious ones is ironically Warrior, as it has gained very little exposure. So here is my speculation:

As we have seen all the new Elite specs take mechanics from another class and fused it with the core class to come out with something new and refreshed, often covering areas un-explored by the core class.

I say what I say after this with the 3000+ plus on a warrior when I used to main it, and I don’t mean to discredit any good warrior player. It is however an Entry tier class. It is a very simple class with simple mechanics that have a lot of passivity like Guardian, Ranger and to an extent Necromancer. That said, aside from Shoutbow it is actually very hard to break past the restrictive barrier in the Warrior design philosophy in high tier levels because at that point you’re restricted by a ceiling of how much you can do. Essentially you hit a wall, that is far quicker to hit than say Thief or Engineer. This is what I believe is referred to as Skill ‘cap’?

The reason I mention this is because I believe as with Guardian’s virtues changing and Necromancer’s changes they are trying to make passive mechanics in classes more active and using Elite Specs to open up this style so they can keep the Entry tier healthy for the newer player base. Which is fairly clever.

Now a lot of people see Soldier as a very viable Elite spec to warrior, and if Warriors become Soldiers with a Pistol, what is very plausible for a bunch of soldiers entering the wilderness of a jungle in guerrilla warfare? Kits. Yes I think Kits will be the Soldier’s new mechanic, featuring their own unique style Kit utilities added. This would also go hand in hand with my above observation of active style gameplay being brought to passive classes.

What do you guys think? Do kits make sense?

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I believe Kits can work, just need a bit more added restrictions such as some kits only have 2-3 skills rather than 5 like Engi kits.

I can imagine a new Healing kit that could allow Warriors to play better support than just condition removal…

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

I’m not sure that kits are plausible for a warrior. A warrior is a so-called “master of weapons”, with Fast Hands allowing for a good usage of weapons’ rotations. He does not use anything else beside weapons, and its conjured utilities (banners) have no AI. Kits do not fit that philosophy, in that they’re instantly invoked and switchable (gadgets could, on the other hand).

The warrior class is paradoxical. It is indeed more forgiving, given its high starting stats, so can be friendly to beginners. However, this can be counterproductive for the student: where’s the need to dodge, blind, chill, protect or aegis when you can seemingly tank damage? Most beginner warriors die at first without understanding why, and in that perspective the warrior class is one of the worst to start the game with.

At high level, I don’t think that the warrior is inferior to other classes. What it lacks (teleports, stealth, AI support, defensive boons and conditions) is compensated by other advantages (fast weapons rotation, mobility, hard control, innate tankiness). A warrior has not the elegance of a mesmer or a thief, but it has more ferocity.

in Warrior

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Stealthy warrior. Thats what we need

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Warrior

PistolWhip.2697

I’m not sure that kits are plausible for a warrior. A warrior is a so-called “master of weapons”, with Fast Hands allowing for a good usage of weapons’ rotations. He does not use anything else beside weapons, and its conjured utilities (banners) have no AI. Kits do not fit that philosophy, in that they’re instantly invoked and switchable (gadgets could, on the other hand).

The warrior class is paradoxical. It is indeed more forgiving, given its high starting stats, so can be friendly to beginners. However, this can be counterproductive for the student: where’s the need to dodge, blind, chill, protect or aegis when you can seemingly tank damage? Most beginner warriors die at first without understanding why, and in that perspective the warrior class is one of the worst to start the game with.

At high level, I don’t think that the warrior is inferior to other classes. What it lacks (teleports, stealth, AI support, defensive boons and conditions) is compensated by other advantages (fast weapons rotation, mobility, hard control, innate tankiness). A warrior has not the elegance of a mesmer or a thief, but it has more ferocity.

This isn’t a question of them being unviable in high tier. It is that they have a much lower ceiling of skill and mastery than certain other classes. After hitting this wall myself, as have many other warriors in this community, it is a frustrating feeling to know that you have reached your peak because your class has simplistic design. In a sense, it limits your potential when Engineer and Thief don’t.

That was the point I am making. If anything, I feel warrior’s who have mastered it should be rewarded by giving them more to master and use, and that’s where this Elite spec could help. Kits just seemed thematically sound with a soldier in the jungle and active play.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

This isn’t a question of them being unviable in high tier. It is that they have a much lower ceiling of skill and mastery than certain other classes. After hitting this wall myself, as have many other warriors in this community, it is a frustrating feeling to know that you have reached your peak because your class has simplistic design. In a sense, it limits your potential when Engineer and Thief don’t.

That was the point I am making. If anything, I feel warrior’s who have mastered it should be rewarded by giving them more to master and use, and that’s where this Elite spec could help. Kits just seemed thematically sound with a soldier in the jungle and active play.

If it’s such a low skill ceiling, then try doing this vs. competent players:

http://www.twitch.tv/blacktruth009/c/6269321
http://www.twitch.tv/blacktruth009/c/6259903

I will call it right now, you will come crying back to DPS Guardian, DPS Necro or any of your instant cast easy to land DPS class. Calling Warrior a low skill cap class is ignorant and just shows how much you have accomplished on Warrior.

I guess stow weapon to bait dodges isn’t high skill cap and knowing how many hits you can land for every level of skull crack improvising whichever you land is easy and effective by your standards.

Granted that shoutbow takes no skill and is effective, DPS Warrior can be just as strong even though it’s much harder to play. It’s just that ignorant players like this guy don’t know how to bring out DPS Warr’s power tbh cause lack of mechanics and creativity.

I bet you think DPS Guard is high skill cap, in which case rofl Guard is actually a lot lower skill cap than Warrior.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

PistolWhip.2697

If it’s such a low skill ceiling, then try doing this vs. competent players:

http://www.twitch.tv/blacktruth009/c/6269321
http://www.twitch.tv/blacktruth009/c/6259903

I will call it right now, you will come crying back to DPS Guardian, DPS Necro or any of your instant cast easy to land DPS class. Calling Warrior a low skill cap class is ignorant and just shows how much you have accomplished on Warrior.

I guess stow weapon to bait dodges isn’t high skill cap and knowing how many hits you can land for every level of skull crack improvising whichever you land is easy and effective by your standards.

Granted that shoutbow takes no skill and is effective, DPS Warrior can be just as strong even though it’s much harder to play. It’s just that ignorant players like this guy don’t know how to bring out DPS Warr’s power tbh cause lack of mechanics and creativity.

I bet you think DPS Guard is high skill cap, in which case rofl Guard is actually a lot lower skill cap than Warrior.

What you showed me on the videos is extremely easy to accomplish and I have been doing such things since my first 1000 hours of Warrior. I literally anticipated far more when I clicked on the links. I would think any mediocre warrior at this point knew about the whole stow your weapon when you hit flurry to apply immob without needing to do the animation and anything similar to the stow weapon thing because it is easy. Yes baiting dodges by stowing your weapons mid animation to cancel a skill is easy after a certain point and you can do it on any class.

You’re making a lot of unfair and biased assumptions here. The fact is warrior is a low skill cap class but you seem to take this as an insult to your play. It isn’t. It is saying the class design restricts good players because it limits their potential which could be much higher if allowed. I mained exclusively the berserker GS/ Axe Shield combo for most of my play.

I have no idea where you thought I was a DPS guardian from. Please go to Angz 1v1 Server in EU or ask any of my PvP guildies what I think of DPS guardian. I think it is a carry build that has 2 negative effects on the player behind it which are huge.

DPS guardian isn’t just a normal carry build, it is a build that gives a false sense of skill. It actually makes people believe they are better then they are, because it feels more active than it actually is. This is the same with Longbow/GS power ranger ATM.

Don’t project your defensive biases on me. Everything you think is hard high skill cap play is extremely easy to be proficient at and a lot of other players do on other classes often to maximize their performance.

I have no idea why you would fight against the opportunity to give Warrior a more active play style from Elite Spec, allowing your and mine potential to be much higher. If you haven’t hit the wall yet for mastery of Warrior, you will soon and you will see what I and others have meant for years now.

EDIT: You evidently have no idea what I play. Because as I said before I have mained Warrior more than anything ever, with only Ele coming close. Have you played warrior for almost 3 years? If so, then we’d be on equal footing.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

(edited by PistolWhip.2697)

in Warrior

BlackTruth.6813

Like seriously if it’s so easy to pick up and play Warrior, so then make Chain CC Frenzy DPS work then?

Inb4 he says it isn’t viable and backs down. There’s a reason why I actually have competitive play presence with it and it’s because there is a legit reason to play a DPS that can delay a point on conquest.

I honestly think you’re one of those people never accomplished anything in the first place yet still thinks they can have a valid opinion. Things like that makes balancing fail, no offense.

Watch this PistolWhip kid back down folks. Waiting for you to take the challenge and inevitably back down and go back to easy DPS Guard/Ranger/Necro, cause I know you wouldn’t have what it takes in the first place to take actual challenge due to ignorance really.

On topic, elite specialization for Warr will probably be something out of the ordinary kinda like “Dragonhunter” for Guardian.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009

in Warrior

PistolWhip.2697

Like seriously if it’s so easy to pick up and play Warrior, so then make Chain CC Frenzy DPS work then?

Inb4 he says it isn’t viable and backs down. There’s a reason why I actually have competitive play presence with it and it’s because there is a legit reason to play a DPS that can delay a point on conquest.

I honestly think you’re one of those people never accomplished anything in the first place yet still thinks they can have a valid opinion. Things like that makes balancing fail, no offense.

Watch this PistolWhip kid back down folks. Waiting for you to take the challenge and inevitably back down and go back to easy DPS Guard/Ranger/Necro, cause I know you wouldn’t have what it takes in the first place to take actual challenge due to ignorance really.

On topic, elite specialization for Warr will probably be something out of the ordinary kinda like “Dragonhunter” for Guardian.

Acting like you know me again. Kid I did all those things years ago before it was cool. I have used Killshot warrior in Tournies and made it work. I don’t need lessons from some guy who thinks Stowing weapons is the pinnacle of skill cap. What have you actually accomplished that I wouldn’t have in the years of maining warrior in PvP? No offense, I think you’re full of kitten.

Honestly LMAO, to think you think stunning someone then rampaging to chain CC is so skillful and proof of your prowess. Good job man, that is so difficult. I bet you even timed it and baited out dodges+stunbreaks just to do it, you must be a real star!

There is no need to be so defensive because you think me stating a well known fact that Warrior has a lower skill cap than the more active classes somehow discredits you or your play.

Please, message me in-game and we can fight it out, talk is cheap.

Now if you want to stay on topic. I am not guaranteeing it will be kits but I think it fits with the Soldier in a jungle theme, which seems to be the direction this Elite spec is heading. Of course as any speculation I could be wrong.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

Posted by: infinityandbeyond.9652

infinityandbeyond.9652

Snip

As usual, your posts are nothing more then thinly veiled opportunities to self-promote your twitch channel. I don’t understand why someone so needy for attention uses a computer game forum to vilify others.

I guess we all have a crutch in-life.

GG

Infi Erratum.
Snafs Golem Emporium SoS

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

It is a difficult topic. I’m not sure that mastery of the warrior is easier to achieve than mastery of other classes, although its inner potential does seem more limited in regards of some other classes.

Deepening that potential through the Elite specialization is a good idea. Thinking about it, I would primarily explore options related to hard control, e.g. more benefits on interrupts (Slow?), or possibly debuffing.

Kits would possibly expand the horizon of the warrior, but with 5 more additional skills per item, I suspect that they would probably bring too much to the class (as designed) – all the more than we’ll be receiving an F2 skill, which I hope be available to all weapons and trait lines.

in Warrior

PistolWhip.2697

It is a difficult topic. I’m not sure that mastery of the warrior is easier to achieve than mastery of other classes, although its inner potential does seem more limited in regards of some other classes.

Deepening that potential through the Elite specialization is a good idea. Thinking about it, I would primarily explore options related to hard control, e.g. more benefits on interrupts (Slow?), or possibly debuffing.

Kits would possibly expand the horizon of the warrior, but with 5 more additional skills per item, I suspect that they would probably bring too much to the class (as designed) – all the more than we’ll be receiving an F2 skill, which I hope be available to all weapons and trait lines.

Thank you for understanding. I never said Warrior was easy and I know it can be hard a lot of the time in higher tier play. I merely wanted to make it clear that I feel strongly that it limits its players due to its simplistic design which has the purpose of being a beginner class. It isn’t easier to master, there is just LESS of it to master which is restricting. That is my point. It restricts US as warrior players.

I wanted to express my optimism for the Elite Spec deepening, but sadly my thread was hijacked to promote a person’s twitch channel where he weapon swaps and rampages on eles.

It might not be kits but whatever it is, I hope it promotes more activity and potential for creativity in combat.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

BlackTruth.6813

Like what have you accomplished so far like Tarcis for example? I don’t understand how you can say “Warrior has a low skill cap” when you have ZERO competitive play presence in sPvP and probably never had the mechanics OR resolve to try crazy things.

I agree with Tarcis when he says, Warrior is “easy to play yet hard to master.” That’s a more educated thing to say to be honest. You will get away with shoutbow and maybe 1 spam with frenzy axe, sure. But..

Dodge count/punish/bait mechanics is what defines high skill cap warrior. Why? Landing 1/2 second stuns take skill and is rewarding. If you’re bad at landing important things then you are bad at making Warrior builds without long bow work. Stun lock DPS Warrior builds work because it baits cool downs and dodges HARD and punishes people hard for when you bait stun breaks and dodges.

If you can’t understand that then you’re pretty much simply a Gold ELO Warrior at best to be honest and that you have much to learn.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009

in Warrior

PistolWhip.2697

Like what have you accomplished so far like Tarcis for example? I don’t understand how you can say “Warrior has a low skill cap” when you have ZERO competitive play presence in sPvP and probably never had the mechanics OR resolve to try crazy things.

I agree with Tarcis when he says, Warrior is “easy to play yet hard to master.” That’s a more educated thing to say to be honest. You will get away with shoutbow and maybe 1 spam with frenzy axe, sure. But..

Dodge count/punish/bait mechanics is what defines high skill cap warrior. Why? Landing 1/2 second stuns take skill and is rewarding. If you’re bad at landing important things then you are bad at making Warrior builds without long bow work. Stun lock DPS Warrior builds work because it baits cool downs and dodges HARD and punishes people hard for when you bait stun breaks and dodges.

If you can’t understand that then you’re pretty much simply a Gold ELO Warrior at best to be honest and that you have much to learn.

Stop using my thread to promote yourself and accept that there are other good warriors out there. Just because my play presence isn’t in your circle doesn’t mean I don’t have any.

I don’t stream or record because I am lazy in that respect.

Once again you haven’t read anything I have posted. I never said Warrior was easy to master and up top you will see I say Warrior isn’t easy to master, there is just LESS of it to master. As a warrior I want more to master because I want more options for me to out play my opponents with.

I honestly don’t see where you have copped this defensive attitude.

Don’t lecture me on things I already know after I repeat 3 years in game mostly spent on Warrior.

Put up or shut up.

Or alternatively stop derailing my thread. I get it, you think you’re the peak of Warrior brilliance and you think despite not knowing anything about my play that it is trash.

We won’t agree here, instead lets discuss the idea of Kits for a Soldier Elite Spec.

I am guessing you’re in the NAY camp.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Worldstar! xD. .

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Hoaxintelligence.4628

I Just hope we get something cooler then a spear.

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

People should already stop with the Spear thing. ANet already said they are not adding new weapons in HoT, which pretty much means that they won’t make land spears happen.

Blacktruth, stop digging your hole, you are deep enough already. If you don’t bother to read what PistolWhip is saying please don’t say anything.

And what comes to the Kits itself. I could see them thematically viable thing for warriors as they are non-magical stuff. But they need to be toned somehow. Adding a cooldown to the kits, say 30 seconds or so. Otherwise we will be seeing warriors that swap between two weapon sets and kits like mad and everyone will hate us because we have huge HP pool and answer to everything.

But we have banners already which work as bundle weapons already (bad bundle weapons, but still). So I don’t really see it as realistic possibility.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

What do you guys think? Do kits make sense?

I guess anything is possible, but I don’t think this is likely if you’re thinking they work like engi kits.

If they replace the warrior’s equipped weapon, then it will conflict with the burst and weapon swap mechanics. If they augment the equipped weapon, then ANet would have to create five new weapon skills (and possibly burst) for every weapon the warrior has.

So, yeah, maybe. But it doesn’t seem likely to me.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Hoaxintelligence.4628

ANet already said they are not adding new weapons in HoT, which pretty much means that they won’t make land spears happen.

But spears are not new weapons?

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

PistolWhip.2697

Interesting points guys, I realise Kits is a bit reaching in terms of possibility, but I thought it was worth bringing up as I don’t see many people using it as an option.

It is true though that there is a lot to consider in terms of weapon swap, what this could mean for Engi AND Tool belt F1-f4.

All points welcome!

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

this post is gold lol
full of lols from black truth

as for the points of the OP:

while i dont think its far off, i dont see us getting kits. it makes sense though as kits or gadgets would be something that fits thematically.

i am anticipating something from anet along the lines of ‘meh’ or disappointing for our specialization.

but there is always hope lol

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

Posted by: PlagueEphlik.3067

PlagueEphlik.3067

what about ’’tricks’’ . I guess it might seem similar to physical skills but theres still room for some more creative utility

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

what about ’’tricks’’ . I guess it might seem similar to physical skills but theres still room for some more creative utility

thats the problem with many of the Thief skill types is that they arent unique enough in effect mechanics as what many classes already have.

Tricks = Physicals by a different name. dont want…

I want something new.

Wells are new to Mesmers.
Traps are new to Guardians.
Shouts are new to Necromancers.
Tricks/Phsicals are not unique to Warriors… dont want…

in Warrior

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

War needs some interesting play. Kits do not seem like that to me.

Think about what War needs and does not need. Group healing and stealth come to mind.

Now, what might War give up a little of? Mobility or dps are options.

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

new weapon kits could work.

imagine a warrior whipping out 2 + 3 a total of 5 different set of weapon skills!

with the other 3 not having any weapon swap recharge time!

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

Think about what War needs and does not need. Group healing and stealth come to mind.

currently Engineers have a Healing kit. its not great, but as we seen currently from other elite specs, the Elite Spec version of the skill type seem to be better than the classes that already have those skill types.

Dragon Hunter’s Traps > Ranger Traps
Chono’s Wells > Necro Wells
Necro Shouts > Warrior Shouts

so Warrior Heal Kit likely will be > Engineer Heal Hit…

So that could mean we get tons of support skills for support role..

in Warrior

PistolWhip.2697

Wars do need interesting play, stealth does not come to mind when I think as such.

On my thief I avoid the shadow arts line, because it is boring.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

There’s a lot of people that seem to want kits on all the professions, but you guys need to realize… once you get kits, your damage output will be reduced by 30% out of necessity. Make sure you know what you’re asking for.

I also don’t see kits being given to a profession that has weapon swap. Anytime an engineer has ever complained about not having weapon swap, kits are cited, even though they aren’t truly a substitute for weapon swap (unlike attunement/legend swapping). IMO, ele is more likely to get kits than warriors, but who knows what sort of crazy is mixed into the ANet Kool-Aid.

in Warrior

PistolWhip.2697

Weapon swap is a big issue with this concept yes, but it is always possible they would lose it as a side effect.

It does however seem the issues with this concept far outweigh the possible benefits and gameplay.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

There’s a lot of people that seem to want kits on all the professions, but you guys need to realize… once you get kits, your damage output will be reduced by 30% out of necessity. Make sure you know what you’re asking for.

I also don’t see kits being given to a profession that has weapon swap. Anytime an engineer has ever complained about not having weapon swap, kits are cited, even though they aren’t truly a substitute for weapon swap (unlike attunement/legend swapping). IMO, ele is more likely to get kits than warriors, but who knows what sort of crazy is mixed into the ANet Kool-Aid.

Elite Specs are suppose to give gameplay changes in areas not available.

I believe baseline Warrior is good enough for damage. I want better support and Control. Kits can give us just that. I would love for a Heal Kit skill better than Engineer Heal Kit, that can put me on par with Guardians and Eles in output support…

I would like a kit that gives me good defense in combat as well.

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

Weapon swap is a big issue with this concept yes, but it is always possible they would lose it as a side effect.

It does however seem the issues with this concept far outweigh the possible benefits and gameplay.

I wouldnt mind losing weapon swap for this. We get a Secondary Burst skill anyway.

But I believe a better way to handle it is give certain kits 3 or less skills instead of 5 skills like Engineer Kits.

in Warrior

Anchoku.8142

Erm, well, maybe. Necromancer’s elite just made it even more melee. Still, that may be an exception because Necro is a bit wonky as it is – a mage playing tank with a bag of mage tricks.

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

Erm, well, maybe. Necromancer’s elite just made it even more melee. Still, that may be an exception because Necro is a bit wonky as it is – a mage playing tank with a bag of mage tricks.

Necro lacked good AoE cleave dps. Reaper does just that

in Warrior

Anchoku.8142

Necro lacked good AoE cleave dps. Reaper does just that

Yes, but the point was Reaper just made Necro’s typical playstyle better where Mes and Guard get new play styles. War could get anything, even pets.

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

maybe warriors get shortbow, but somehow uses it like a mini gun, like the team fortress 2 heavy.

in Warrior

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

maybe warriors get shortbow, but somehow uses it like a mini gun, like the team fortress 2 heavy.

Now I’m imaging a warrior shooting with shortbow like minigun on your hip and arrows just flying out roughly 3000 apm (arrows per minute) and our new heal is a sandwich that scales with your chef profiency.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in Warrior

Posted by: Brawl.5178

Brawl.5178

what about venoms

I are a warrioh

in Warrior

Posted by: Gothantic.3024

Gothantic.3024

~~Bump~~ I hate to bump an old thread but it beats making a new one for a short statement ~~Bump~~

Hey, I hate to be that guy but if you go to the heart of thorns page and click “Read more” than scroll down a few pages you will quickly find a picture of a norn warrior wielding a battleaxe. Again, i hate to be that guy but that blows away your Soldier premise as i seem to be the only poster with viable evidence behind my claim at the moment, Hope to see you all running around with greataxe shortly.

Hopefully next time someone comments on a feature to come they actually look around at the things A-net leaves behind

https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/en/#section-overview

Im putting up a link incase someone has trouble finding the page in question.

in Warrior

Posted by: Iozeph.5617

Iozeph.5617

Why not daggers- along the lines of combat knives use?

Bit of a weak analogy, I know, but Rambo was famous for his combat knife. He fought in jungles. It’s a jungle themed expansion. And though he did SOME sneaking I’d say he was still more a warrior than a thief.

Perhaps it would be a weapon/weapon set (dagger/dagger) centered more on control- or dirty infighting? Say using hamstrings or dazes, blinds(sand/dirt in the eyes) along with newer physical abilities(along the lines of kick) to confound opponents?

I’d be interested in seeing that. Or even a dagger pistol offhand- we could get pistols as well, you know.

in Warrior

Posted by: Iozeph.5617

Iozeph.5617

Or if we don’t actually get a new weapon- what if our specialisation is open/bare handed fighting?

An MMA themed specialisation which functions sort of as a kit in that you keep the benefits of the sigils and attributes of the weapons you have equipped- say the way the summonings for revenant function, but when you shift to ‘karate mode’ you’re given new left and right hand bars.

in Warrior

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I’m still thinking we’re getting conjure weapons but with a twist.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cortano.5419

Cortano.5419

“Kits” or “Conjured Weapons” … yeah

“Sniper Rifle” – Elite
Does more damage the longer you stay in place
(Takes the F1 from rifle, which is replaced with a fast cast knockdown)

“Scorpion Style” – Axe/Dagger
Leaps / Evasive / Dodging Attacks

“Water Staff” – Healing
Defensive Staffs – Regen – Blocks – Water Fields

“Demolition Hammer” – Hammer
+50% damage to stationary targets
If your condition damage is higher than your power, these values are swapped while using this weapon

in Warrior

Posted by: Cortano.5419

Cortano.5419

Inquisitor: Sword – Torch
set the sword on fire and go crazy with fire fields, create a fire that reveals stealthed characters

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Improvised Weapon. “Grab the nearest ally or opponent by the ankles and start swinging through the rest.”

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

Thief would be best for kits as I can imagine a warrior would get survival skills from ranger or maybe tricks/venoms from thief.

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Improvised Weapon. “Grab the nearest ally or opponent by the ankles and start swinging through the rest.”

sounds like warrior on BDO. chain grabs and slams. so brutal. grabs in gw2 would be a dream come true.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Warrior

Posted by: cryorion.9532

cryorion.9532

This would be the most hilarious thing in the game

I would be happy for e.g. melee staff, which gets thief, so probably nope.
Daggers would also be interesting with fast hitting skills.

But I really like the idea of torch that reveals enemies. For example, torch off hand skill would place fire field on the ground which would reveal enemies who leave or step into this aoe as Cortano wrote.

Or just give warrior smoke field and delete all classes from game.

in Warrior

Posted by: CynicalFred.9135

CynicalFred.9135

Shame OP didn’t theory craft on what those kits would be/do.
I suppose they could do weapons that aren’t actually in game, like polesword (long/medium range mele weapon), Flail (medium range, lots of CC and channeled stuff), Scythe ( around 250 range with large 180 and 360 degree attacks and moderate bleed application) Actually come to think of it that’d be pretty sweat, you could call the spec weapon master.
I wonder what you’d do for burst skills too. Maybe instead of a burst skill you’d just be able to supercharge weapons, which would drain X adrenaline per second (anywhere between 2 and 20 depending on the weapon and it’s effect)? So for instance, maybe a sword could give you increased attack speed, the scythe would cause you to hit more targets and gain a bit of range, hammer would have increased weakness duration, mace would have stun duration increase, Gs is damage and movement speed… You get the idea.

It’s all theory crafting of course, but i quite like the idea of weapon kits for a warrior as well as adrenaline being a channeled sort of power up as opposed to a direct attack. Would definitely give me a reason to pull my warrior out of storage