Warrior Hammer Nerf

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Sages.3496

Sages.3496

Warrior hammer stuns with a specific trait can increase the hammer damage dealt by 25% and the hammer skills recharge are reduced by 20%. perhaps you might think about removing that trait to kill the blackgate hammer train. im not trolling so dont bother posting that.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Again, the problem is not the Hammer or Hammer Stuns, The problem is having 20+ hammer warriors and guardians hitting you at the same time but you could have 20+ of anything hitting you at the same time and it would still be OP. You nerf the hammer more and it will kill whatever little remaining Hammer roaming builds are left.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Sages.3496

Again, the problem is not the Hammer or Hammer Stuns, The problem is having 20+ hammer warriors and guardians hitting you at the same time but you could have 20+ of anything hitting you at the same time and it would still be OP. You nerf the hammer more and it will kill whatever little remaining Hammer roaming builds are left.

If they were to nerf all stuns to make it so you actually stood a chance against hammer warriors would that be such a bad thing? i mean, if not remove the stuns atleast remove the 25% damage increase from the trait when enemies are knocked down. it makes it very op.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

If they were to nerf all stuns to make it so you actually stood a chance against hammer warriors would that be such a bad thing? i mean, if not remove the stuns atleast remove the 25% damage increase from the trait when enemies are knocked down. it makes it very op.

Are you trying to stand a chance against 1 warrior or 20? Ever if they nerfed the kitten out of it you still wouldn’t stand a chnace against 20 hammers falling upon you. If your saying you don’t stand a chance vs 1 warrior then I have to ask, have you ever heard of stability or stun breaks?

Roll a Hammer warrior and take it roaming, then try and tell me that it is OP.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

“Again, the problem is not the Hammer or Hammer Stuns, The problem is having 20+ hammer warriors and guardians hitting you at the same time but you could have 20+ of anything hitting you at the same time and it would still be OP. You nerf the hammer more and it will not kill whatever little remaining Hammer roaming builds are left. "

There. I’ve fixed your post for you.

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Sages.3496

Are you trying to stand a chance against 1 warrior or 20? Ever if they nerfed the kitten out of it you still wouldn’t stand a chnace against 20 hammers falling upon you. If your saying you don’t stand a chance vs 1 warrior then I have to ask, have you ever heard of stability or stun breaks?

Roll a Hammer warrior and take it roaming, then try and tell me that it is OP.

Ive done that before, i still say its op. my current wvw toon is a warrior and i used to have a hammer until i went with a gs/rifle.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

You don’t have to nerf the damage, you don’t have to nerf the cooldowns, you don’t have to remove traits. Just add the little “feature”: Enemies who are already stunned can’t be stunned as long as the prior stun persists.

(edited by xXxOrcaxXx.9328)

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

You don’t have to nerf the damage, you don’t have to nerf the cooldowns, you don’t have to remove traits. Just add the little “feature”: Enemies who are already stunned can’t be stunned as long as the prior stun persists.

^^^ and they should do that to all CC. I don’t know if you have ever been perma immobilized but it really sucks as well.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Hammer are good for those who doesn’t expect or familiar with the animation in 1vs1 but saying hammer nerf because of ah hammer train warriors that’s plain stupid because your expecting to survive against a zerg and hammer is a good support weapon but I don’t use it because too many players already familiar with the animation. I use the most Op 100 blade because at that moment I know if I killed them and qq about 100b they are noobs

(edited by jayson.6512)

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

Hammer are good for those who doesn’t expect or familiar with the animation in 1vs1 but saying hammer nerf because of ah hammer train warriors that’s plain stupid because your expecting to survive against a zerg and hammer is a good support weapon but I don’t use it because too many players already familiar with the animation. I use the most Op 100 blade because at that moment I know if I killed them and qq about 100b they are noobs

It’s no hammertrain. You need 2 people to lock someone down forever.
That’s stupid and that should be changed.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

Although it is true, again, every heard of stability and a stun break? Hammer warriors, even with sword and warhorn don’t have amazing mobility. Most classes are able to escape them. just stun break, stability and run.

I agree that stacking CC duration is kittening ridiculous and Anet will probably end up nerfing a bunch of perfectly good skills in several classes because of it. I would try and rally a bunch of people to get them to revert it to what it use to be, none stackable CC.

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732

Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732

Hammer stuns are fine as is, without them… There is no reason to even use a hammer on war. A nerf to the damage on the stun is awful too. 2 sec stun nets you roughly 2 AA attacks at that rate with a hammer. And both of the stun/knockdown skills have obvious animations. Learn them, then dodge them. The knock back skill is fine as is.

Now if this topic was about S/P theives… This would be a whole new can of wurms.
Dat spamable stun/daze/evade doe. I’ve locked down many people with it. And as soon as they popped stability I’d steal it and continue locking them down.

R O A R|Weezy|Drïzzy|Drama Llama|Mitsubishi Eclipsed|Swaglock Miststone
Member of Flock Of Smeagols [FoS]
Tarnished Coast

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Cause no one has ever been CCed to death by necro, thief, mesmer, engi and probably the other classes as well.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

I ran with a BG hammer train with an asian guild doing a guild run on EOTM. Basically I just stuck close to the commander and leached with my zerker GS build. about 30 of us were steamrolling an entire map. aoe stuns, aoe cleanses, aoe heals and just roll through any size blob. This game needs stun immunity.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

Cause no one has ever been CCed to death by necro, thief, mesmer, engi and probably the other classes as well.

No, no, no and no. The only class wha can stunlock you forever is the hammer warrior.

Hammer stuns are fine as is, without them… There is no reason to even use a hammer on war. A nerf to the damage on the stun is awful too. 2 sec stun nets you roughly 2 AA attacks at that rate with a hammer. And both of the stun/knockdown skills have obvious animations. Learn them, then dodge them. The knock back skill is fine as is.

You’re crying about loosing either damage or CC capabilities will kill the hammer.
Yust look at guardian hammer. Great CC capabilities aswell but rather low damageoutput. Yet there is noone claiming that the hammer is useless.
Face it, you can’t have both. GS, Axe both are great damage weapons. Both just offer soft CC. Mace on the other hand has 3 different forms of CC but low damage. Those weapons are balanced. The hammer is not balanced.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

I think that lowering damage on backbreaker and auto chain nr 3 would be good. Keep or up it on weakening blow. It builds for more timed/skillfull playing while still being good.

As it is now I crit about 3k on auto chain number 3. Ofcourse on squishies but still, it could be 2.5K as opposed to 1.5k on nr 1 and 2 on auto chain. Also Backbreaker is good enough to use just because of the knockdown, I once critted 6.5K on an Ele and my build wasn’t specced for damage at all, it had 3.5k armor and 26K health. The ele must have been a glass cannon but still, a tank build should not be able to drain half a GC’s life in one hit. Lower it, it’s too much to also be a 2 second knockdown. I think F1 and staggering blow are fine. And now that hammer damage is very nerfed, up it on weakening blow I say, warriors will try more to land it and build up a chain to do so. It’s telegraphed enough for it allready.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

jayson.6512

No, no, no and no. The only class wha can stunlock you forever is the hammer warrior.

You’re crying about loosing either damage or CC capabilities will kill the hammer.
Yust look at guardian hammer. Great CC capabilities aswell but rather low damageoutput. Yet there is noone claiming that the hammer is useless.
Face it, you can’t have both. GS, Axe both are great damage weapons. Both just offer soft CC. Mace on the other hand has 3 different forms of CC but low damage. Those weapons are balanced. The hammer is not balanced.

i believe hammer is balance since nerf i’m full zerker build and my hammer deals 2.5k unless you want to nerf it more like 1.5k well i don’t care as long anet will hasten the cast time or we will have like 3s stun on Earthshaker and 3s KD on backbreaker and make staggering blow like whirlwind just for clarification im not a power creep maybe they can put the hammer damage into traits like 95% more damage if you are using a full zerker gear and -95% if not something like that so everybody is happy because it’s really unfair for those spec for damage but when people see them dealing huge numbers they will come here and ask for nerf even the guy who killed them is spec for glass cannon.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

This game needs stun immunity.

There is, it’s called stability and blind.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Instructions were unclear

Ran into melee train and died.

Bought more Dire gear for my Ele

Much complain.

That is basically what this thread is to me right now…

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

Much complain.

It’s like nobody in Gw2 has ever played an RvR game before. doesn’t anyone remember DAOC Stungard (Midgard)?

I don’t really care I am the one with the hammer in this game and I had a healer in the other. Chain stuns should not be happening.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

Much complain.

It’s like nobody in Gw2 has ever played an RvR game before. doesn’t anyone remember DAOC Stungard (Midgard)?

I don’t really care I am the one with the hammer in this game and I had a healer in the other. Chain stuns should not be happening.

I also wield the Hammer and I do care cause everyone is crying nerf to the weapons when the weapons aren’t the problem. It’s the way CC is handled that is the problem. Take the LB, it was fine until Anet changed immobilize to stack in duration. Now they have to slow the cast time down to make up for the the power increase of immobilize and make it more avoidably. If Anet made it impossible for Stuns to be applied over top of each other we would not have a problem with perma-stuns and it might even justify unnerfing the damage on ES and Staggering Blow.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Blackjack.2083

Blackjack.2083

These threads are so lame anymore…..warrior bow is op, warrior killshot is op, warrior eviscerate is op, warrior GS with HB and too much mobility is op, mace has too many stuns and is op, warrior sword has too much condition damage and is op…..really people?

Every single weapon we have there is some nub crying for it to be nerfed lol. C’mon man….what weapon are you guys ok with us using? Oh that’s right we shouldn’t get a weapon or traits….should just stand around and die to your Harry Potter pajama wearing metrosexual mystical magic user….I got something for you….it’s a giant hammer….to your head.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Much complain.

I also wield the Hammer and I do care cause everyone is crying nerf to the weapons when the weapons aren’t the problem. It’s the way CC is handled that is the problem. Take the LB, it was fine until Anet changed immobilize to stack in duration. Now they have to slow the cast time down to make up for the the power increase of immobilize and make it more avoidably. If Anet made it impossible for Stuns to be applied over top of each other we would not have a problem with perma-stuns and it might even justify unnerfing the damage on ES and Staggering Blow.

My favourite a-net quote, “We’re going down this path regardless.”

players-’Don’t stack immobilise.’
a-net ’we’re down this path regardless.’
A-net ‘nerfing hammer’
players ’Let’s think about this..’
a-net -“going down this path regardless.”
A-net-‘nerfing longbow. Too much immobilize.’
Players-’You’re kidding me…’
a-net-‘Going down this path regardless.’

A lot of good suggestions got made on a lot of weapons/traits. A lot of good feedback was given about why certain mechanics should not be allowed to fly.

Went down that path regardless. After a few months after the last hammer nerf, still people upset by it..why? because the original changes just weren’t effectual. It didn’t change the situation, it only changed how warrior assign trait points.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732

i believe hammer is balance since nerf i’m full zerker build and my hammer deals 2.5k unless you want to nerf it more like 1.5k well i don’t care as long anet will hasten the cast time or we will have like 3s stun on Earthshaker and 3s KD on backbreaker and make staggering blow like whirlwind just for clarification im not a power creep maybe they can put the hammer damage into traits like 95% more damage if you are using a full zerker gear and -95% if not something like that so everybody is happy because it’s really unfair for those spec for damage but when people see them dealing huge numbers they will come here and ask for nerf even the guy who killed them is spec for glass cannon.

Exactly. That nerf was well needed. 50% crit while foe stunned was well needed. But nerfing again because of a hammer train… Is lol.

And to the child saying I was crying. You main a ranger. How about start QQing about about a buff is needed to ranger instead of crying about nerfing every class.

Tarnished Coast

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

Imo hammer is fine at the moment. As a thief main, I just got really used to the hammer animations and learned to dodge them. They’re really quite animated and easy to dodge. However, generally if you don’t dodge one you die quite quickly, but I use 2 stun breakers just for this scenario. Hammer hurts but it’s really slow; balanced to me. Your best defense against hammer is dodges to be quite honest.

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732

Imo hammer is fine at the moment. As a thief main, I just got really used to the hammer animations and learned to dodge them. They’re really quite animated and easy to dodge. However, generally if you don’t dodge one you die quite quickly, but I use 2 stun breakers just for this scenario. Hammer hurts but it’s really slow; balanced to me. Your best defense against hammer is dodges to be quite honest.

Yup, the animations are pretty obvious. I split time on war and thief. So knowing how the animations work and what to dodge is always key. If one can’t dodge back breaker or earth shaker, you may want to rethink your time on this game. Now if you can’t dodge killshot, it’s time to go back to Hello Kitty Island Adventure Butters.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732)

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

Exactly. That nerf was well needed. 50% crit while foe stunned was well needed. But nerfing again because of a hammer train… Is lol.

And to the child saying I was crying. You main a ranger. How about start QQing about about a buff is needed to ranger instead of crying about nerfing every class.

You’re funny. If you haven’t noticed, there is already a huge thread in the proffesion balance subforum dealing with ranger updates. Also, no other class in GW2 is capable of combining top survivability, top CC, top damge and top buff/debuff capabilities all in one build. I wont say the damge the warrior deals is OP, I wont say the survivability is OP, I wont even say the CC’s or the buffs are OP. I just say that the combination of all those aspects are OP. You can have your damage. But don’t claim to be tanky and specced with a hell lot of CC’s at the same time. And that’s the problem with the warrior right now.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Also, no other class in GW2 is capable of combining top survivability, top CC, top damge and top buff/debuff capabilities all in one build. I wont say the damge the warrior deals is OP, I wont say the survivability is OP, I wont even say the CC’s or the buffs are OP. I just say that the combination of all those aspects are OP. You can have your damage. But don’t claim to be tanky and specced with a hell lot of CC’s at the same time. And that’s the problem with the warrior right now.

Necros. They stack high survability, high damage and high cc in the same build, with much less noticeable animations, large range, better AoE and less effort required to play.

As a player which mains a Guardian but also plays a Warrior I’m very happy about how Warriors are hard counters against Necros taking in consideration how effortleless a Necro is able to melt my Guardian. Warrior’s hammers already take a huge dent in their damage AND cc capabilities after the downgrades in both the traits and the synergies with another weapons and sigils (mace nerf, sigil of paralyzation nerf).

Also, there’s a thing to understand about the WvW raid meta: hammers ALWAYS will be the tool of choice for Warriors, even if damage is nerfed to 200 x hit. The other weapons just aren’t supportive enough for the team to replace the hammers, in the same way as staffs can’t be replaced in the loadout of any raid Guardian. Deal with it.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Also, there’s a thing to understand about the WvW raid meta: hammers ALWAYS will be the tool of choice for Warriors, even if damage is nerfed to 200 x hit. The other weapons just aren’t supportive enough for the team to replace the hammers, in the same way as staffs can’t be replaced in the loadout of any raid Guardian. Deal with it.

I disagree in that the Meta that most players run Hammers work best. Should the meta change that could change. The meta dictates what works for each profession in a group comp and with the strategies that players use. Should a guild do somthing different hammer may no longer be best. But if you just want to zerg and run melee trains than yes it is the best.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

^ I was talking -and thinking- mostly about raid groups, from 15 to 25 members, organized in the same guild under the same VOIP and with gear and build tailored to work together. Under that conditions Warriors provide cc, swiftness and condition cleansing, paired with phenomenal sustain and good damage. Those specs are achieved using hammer + warhorn, which are the weapons that scale the best in such numbers and therefore optimal in a raid (in which the main objective must be that every character adds suppoort to the group).

Of course, in smaller teams, or roaming-oriented squads, much more diversity is available in terms of Warrior builds. But for guilds of “decent” size and under the current last patch I didn’t see a better meta for Warriors. So far if raids based on Warriors using longbows, rifles or maces, or Guardians using scepters and torches were viable then would be seen. But is not ther case.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

What is forever, exactly, to you? You seem to live in your own world were you are god. Come back to earth. There’s different views to this. Sure you need only 2 warriors to stunlock given profession to death, but both have to deal some damage and use a number of skills, and hope that said victim doesn’t pop a stability, something I would’ve done as soon as I see 2 warriors approaching. But then again, you only need 2 thiefs to backstab given profession to death aswell. You need to be more specced into damage, but you have stealth and basilisk venom, no? Any class with 2 people, in fact not even matching class will always have an advantage of one person alone. This is VERY old news, in fact, it was known allready during the stone age. And STILL you only need one click to pop a stability and break the chain. You have to accept and understand that some builds counter others, I run hammer and has done so for a VERY long time, I wreck alot of people in WvW thanks to that, but you know what? Choose a condi build and wear me down or tank me to death. It’s very easy, it happens every day. Most mesmers destroys me. I see that you run a ranger in your description. Don’t do that if you can’t take getting destroyed. They suck as a class, compared to any class. Not just Warriors.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Nuorus.8415

Nuorus.8415

What is forever, exactly, to you? You seem to live in your own world were you are god. Come back to earth. There’s different views to this. Sure you need only 2 warriors to stunlock given profession to death, but both have to deal some damage and use a number of skills, and hope that said victim doesn’t pop a stability, something I would’ve done as soon as I see 2 warriors approaching. But then again, you only need 2 thiefs to backstab given profession to death aswell. You need to be more specced into damage, but you have stealth and basilisk venom, no? Any class with 2 people, in fact not even matching class will always have an advantage of one person alone. This is VERY old news, in fact, it was known allready during the stone age. And STILL you only need one click to pop a stability and break the chain. You have to accept and understand that some builds counter others, I run hammer and has done so for a VERY long time, I wreck alot of people in WvW thanks to that, but you know what? Choose a condi build and wear me down or tank me to death. It’s very easy, it happens every day. Most mesmers destroys me. I see that you run a ranger in your description. Don’t do that if you can’t take getting destroyed. They suck as a class, compared to any class. Not just Warriors.

actually a thief can alone 1Hit KO anyone without protection or aegis on them. And also can’t really 1hit KO transformed 40k+ hp players but I mean overall normal folk are killed with 1 hit.

Feel free to argue with me. You learn something every time and it develops your personality.

People seems using word “trolling” out of context way too often…

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

Been saying this for long time.. This game NEEDs DR on control effects. And I do mean all of them. Not same DR for all but all should have a DR.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

jayson.6512

Seems too many players here qq about warrior sure 2 warrior’s can stun lock you if you spec full glass without stability or stunbreak utility but 1 condition necro can kill 2 hammer warriors oh you will tell me zerker stance cleansing ire? Meander rune and food come on that’s Mt build and 1 necro burst me and my friend he just run away when he saw us pop zerker stance and when it ends we didn’t even know what hit us too many aoe conditions and our boons corrupted

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

Seems too many players here qq about warrior sure 2 warrior’s can stun lock you if you spec full glass without stability or stunbreak utility but 1 condition necro can kill 2 hammer warriors oh you will tell me zerker stance cleansing ire? Meander rune and food come on that’s Mt build and 1 necro burst me and my friend he just run away when he saw us pop zerker stance and when it ends we didn’t even know what hit us too many aoe conditions and our boons corrupted

I’m sorry but if 2 Hamer warriors lost to a condition Necro they seriously need to L2P. you are a hard counter to the condition Necro. If you would have said aMesmer I might have believed you.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

This whole nerf warrior BS has gotten completely out of control. since beta warriors have seen nothing but nerfs to their damage. when their damage was still decent they were considered bottom of the barrel garbage. nobody used them and nobody complained about them. Now you give them healing signet and cleansing ire and all of a sudden its a god kitten travesty. A GOD kitten TRAVESTY! lets mark some of the warriors nerfs.
-ES nerf
-whirling attack nerf (after the buff so its kinda evened out)
-zerker power nerf
-unsuspecting foe nerf
-sword AA nerf
-axe AA nerf
-LB nerfs
What you are honestly saying is that because a group of zergbusters whos job is to bust you, killed you, that warriors need another nerf. Please cry more i needed to lube up my typing fingers. There is a thing called stability. 1 guardian can apply it for 9 seconds with a decent build or 6 if they sacrifice boon duration runes for soldier. YES AMAZING! that means if you are smart enough to avoid their boon stripping then you dont get stunned almost 50% of the time! AND IT GETS BETTER! GET 2 GUARDS FOR 2CE THE FUN! OMFG NOBODY HAS EVER THOUGH OF IT BEFORE!!!!!!1
I consider the warrior the anti noob class. it kills noobs well and wrecks them utterly until they get buttdevastated but can be countered by teamwork just as teamwork can once again make them viable. its an odd relationship but it comes down to outplaying the opponent. You mans got outplayed then blamed it on warrior. its kool they are like the Obama of Gw2 right now. I died to a necro: WARRIOR. Perplexity OP: WARRIOR, that meteor shower just wiped my hammertrain: WARRIORS!!!!!1!
With over 3k hours logged on warrior and 2k on guardian and about 500 on the rest I can claim with some degree of expertise that you should not expect to lose to any decent warrior in a 1v1 situation and beating up a zerg is not much different.
Do you call an ele OP when you get 4v20d by 3 eles and a guard? HOHO THEY HAD 3 ELES AND WIPED US MUST BE OP! well ive done it before…
Nerfing the warrior would only hurt the few power roamers that are left (already getting f-d over by the crit damage nerf might I add) so please stop complaining about warriors being OP because hammer has not been buffed since launch and neither has warrior damage. We have gotten 3 buffs. cleansing ire, zerker stance and healing signet. None explain why you get wrecked when you expect to pug zerg a hammer train.

conclusion- Buttageddon

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Personally I find the cooldown on Earthshaker to be a little low when running Hambow. I mean 8 seconds cooldown for a (potential) 3 second AoE stun is quite generous.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

jayson.6512

I’m sorry but if 2 Hamer warriors lost to a condition Necro they seriously need to L2P. you are a hard counter to the condition Necro. If you would have said aMesmer I might have believed you.

Hard counter? Yeah but what is the range of hammer? And compare to condition aoe spam of necro? And did I just said he waited for zerker stance to worn out before melting us tell you what chill, cripple? how far I can go with my warrior using hammer with that condition on me if I swithch to sword and leap he will re apply the chill and cripple then poison, bleeding, etc if I use boons he will corrupt it

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

jayson.6512

This whole nerf warrior BS has gotten completely out of control. since beta warriors have seen nothing but nerfs to their damage. when their damage was still decent they were considered bottom of the barrel garbage. nobody used them and nobody complained about them. Now you give them healing signet and cleansing ire and all of a sudden its a god kitten travesty. A GOD kitten TRAVESTY! lets mark some of the warriors nerfs.
-ES nerf
-whirling attack nerf (after the buff so its kinda evened out)
-zerker power nerf
-unsuspecting foe nerf
-sword AA nerf
-axe AA nerf
-LB nerfs
What you are honestly saying is that because a group of zergbusters whos job is to bust you, killed you, that warriors need another nerf. Please cry more i needed to lube up my typing fingers. There is a thing called stability. 1 guardian can apply it for 9 seconds with a decent build or 6 if they sacrifice boon duration runes for soldier. YES AMAZING! that means if you are smart enough to avoid their boon stripping then you dont get stunned almost 50% of the time! AND IT GETS BETTER! GET 2 GUARDS FOR 2CE THE FUN! OMFG NOBODY HAS EVER THOUGH OF IT BEFORE!!!!!!1
I consider the warrior the anti noob class. it kills noobs well and wrecks them utterly until they get buttdevastated but can be countered by teamwork just as teamwork can once again make them viable. its an odd relationship but it comes down to outplaying the opponent. You mans got outplayed then blamed it on warrior. its kool they are like the Obama of Gw2 right now. I died to a necro: WARRIOR. Perplexity OP: WARRIOR, that meteor shower just wiped my hammertrain: WARRIORS!!!!!1!
With over 3k hours logged on warrior and 2k on guardian and about 500 on the rest I can claim with some degree of expertise that you should not expect to lose to any decent warrior in a 1v1 situation and beating up a zerg is not much different.
Do you call an ele OP when you get 4v20d by 3 eles and a guard? HOHO THEY HAD 3 ELES AND WIPED US MUST BE OP! well ive done it before…
Nerfing the warrior would only hurt the few power roamers that are left (already getting f-d over by the crit damage nerf might I add) so please stop complaining about warriors being OP because hammer has not been buffed since launch and neither has warrior damage. We have gotten 3 buffs. cleansing ire, zerker stance and healing signet. None explain why you get wrecked when you expect to pug zerg a hammer train.

conclusion- Buttageddon

They think hammer zerg is Op even it’s not because most zerg warrior’s. Are frontliner. They will rush to you and bash or earthshaker you but once I saw a zerg I just pop stability and those hammer won’t stun lock me I find it the cripple and chill and immobilized. Are also the problem here and those are the classes behind warriors

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

Every guardian has AOE stability. Just about ever class has stability. Every class has stun breakers. Hammmer trains aim for the biggest mass of red. BG has the worse open field.

No problem here, just a troll.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Why are there 20 warriors? Because it is effective.
Why are there so many guardians? Because AOE stability works wonders in zergs (but may be just fine in 5v5s).

The fact there is such a thing as a hammer train suggests that the skill is OP. Comments of “well if you got hit by 20 of anything. . . .” Ok, when was it NOT a hammer train and say a 20 engineer grenade train? Or an Ele or Mesmer train?
Nope, it is always the hammer or warrior train because there is something very broken about the ability WHEN you have large numbers on each side.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

Why are there so many guardians? Because AOE stability works wonders in zergs (but may be just fine in 5v5s).

The fact there is such a thing as a hammer train suggests that the skill is OP. Comments of “well if you got hit by 20 of anything. . . .” Ok, when was it NOT a hammer train and say a 20 engineer grenade train? Or an Ele or Mesmer train?
Nope, it is always the hammer or warrior train because there is something very broken about the ability WHEN you have large numbers on each side.

But asking for nerfs to the hammer is not going to fix that and will only hurt roaming hammer builds.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

But asking for nerfs to the hammer is not going to fix that and will only hurt roaming hammer builds.

It is supposed to hurt roaming builds. I’ve no problem with beeing killed by a 20man hammertrain because I would be killed by all 20man trains. Certainly I have a problem beeing killed by a 2man hammertrain, since if you got hit once, you will never be able to escape again.

However this aplies to all CC heavy weapons. So ANet has to fix the endless stun/root issue for all classes. Furthermore it’s unbalanced that 2 hammerwarriors are as fast in killing you as 2 GSwarriors would be.

(edited by xXxOrcaxXx.9328)

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Agnima.3714

Agnima.3714

They don’t have to change any skills at all. Just put in diminishing returns on all forms of CC (fear, stuns, root, etc) like WOW and all these skills suddenly be more balanced in both pve and pvp. Its dumb that they haven’t done this a while ago honestly. There is honestly no need to nerf any skills for any class, just change the mechanics of the CC itself so it loses duration and eventually allows the player to become immune after 4 hits from the same CC.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

It is supposed to hurt roaming builds. I’ve no problem with beeing killed by a 20man hammertrain because I would be killed by all 20man trains. Certainly I have a problem beeing killed by a 2man hammertrain, since if you got hit once, you will never be able to escape again.

However this aplies to all CC heavy weapons. So ANet has to fix the endless stun/root issue for all classes. Furthermore it’s unbalanced that 2 hammerwarriors are as fast in killing you as 2 GSwarriors would be.

Like it has been said, don’t nerf the weapon. Change the way the game handles CC, no more stacking of duration or reapplying the same CC to a target that already has it until that timer has run out. Why should the hammer which is fine 1v1 get nerfed cause you are getting owned by 2 warriors?

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Ahh, but what do you think is the reason that there are 20 hammers versus say 20 varied means of crowd control in the train?

It very much is the warrior as it is CC heavy weaponry. Nerf both.

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Ok ... and these "hammer trains" are not accompanied by a billion red circles on the ground? A Hammer train will get absolutely destroyed by AoE’s if there aren’t backliners to provide support..

There are 100 circles on the ground, AoE’s OP.

Warriors pre-buffs most popular class, must be OP. 90% of Necro’s using staff, must be OP. 90% of Eles put at least 20 points into water attunement, must be OP, etc. Just because something is highly used doesn’t mean it is OP is the point I am trying to make. Because there are plenty reasons that something might be overwhelmingly used.

And two other classes cant lock you down? Through immobilize stacking, daze stacking, chill and fear stacking and condition stacking? Being blasted repeatedly by conditions by two Necros is pretty much the same deal. Getting perma dazed/stunned by two thieves, or two mesmers?

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732

Ok … and these “hammer trains” are not accompanied by a billion red circles on the ground? A Hammer train will get absolutely destroyed by AoE’s if there aren’t backliners to provide support..

There are 100 circles on the ground, AoE’s OP.

Warriors pre-buffs most popular class, must be OP. 90% of Necro’s using staff, must be OP. 90% of Eles put at least 20 points into water attunement, must be OP, etc. Just because something is highly used doesn’t mean it is OP is the point I am trying to make. Because there are plenty reasons that something might be overwhelmingly used.

And two other classes cant lock you down? Through immobilize stacking, daze stacking, chill and fear stacking and condition stacking? Being blasted repeatedly by conditions by two Necros is pretty much the same deal. Getting perma dazed/stunned by two thieves, or two mesmers?

Exactly…

Tarnished Coast

Warrior Hammer Nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I think it’s not the same if you run a 20+ ranger train. So yeah, warrior and guardian need some tuning. If the current zerg gameplay wouldn’t favour guardian and warrior there wouldnt be so many.
It’s not the hammer stun or any single skill it’s the combination of guardian and warrior, the cleansing, the stuns, the survivability.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc