Warrior Patch Notes and Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Sharpened Axes: The adrenaline gain on critical hits now applies to all axe skills.
Battle Standard: This skill no longer applies boons until the end of the cast to prevent unintended behavior when canceling it.
Mobile Strikes: This trait now functions with the elementalist’s following skills:

• Conjure Lightning Hammer skill—Lightning Leap
  • Conjure Flame Axe skills—Burning Retreat and Flame Leap
  • Conjure Earth Shield skill—Magnetic Surge
  • Rampage skills—Dash and Seismic Leap

Reckless Dodge: Increased the radius to 180. Increased the number of targets from 3 to 5.
Vigorous Shouts: Increased the base healing by 25%. Increased the scaling with healing power stat from 80% to 90%.
Lung Capacity: This trait has been moved to tier 1.
Empower Allies: This trait has been moved to tier 2.
Staggering Blow: This skill can now be used while moving. Reduced the cast time to 0.5 seconds.
Final Thrust: This ability now uses a more fluid animation.
Combustive Shot: Updated the effects and skill facts to reflect the radius of the actual attack (240). Rank 1 of this ability now attacks at a 180 radius, down from 240.
Quick Breathing: Fixed an issue so that this trait no longer removes a second condition. It will only convert one condition into a boon on allies affected by the warhorn skills.
Fear Me: Added an unblockable skill fact to represent its functionality.
Vengeance: Players are now granted the same duration of invulnerability as rallying upon activation (1 second from 5 seconds).
Mobile Strikes: Fixed an issue with some skills that wouldn’t remove immobilize until after the player had started moving.

So some bug fixes (mobile strikes, sharped axes, battle standard, quick breathing)

Some misc low-impact buffs/nerfs (vengeance invul, final thrust, reckless dodge)

Lots of UI updates, I really do appreciate the new and improved tooltips.

Empowered Allies being moved up seems a bit odd, since there are other +150 stat traits still at the adept level.

Combustive shot being changed was a bit odd too but not a big deal.

Staggering blow change was epic!

Shouts may have been over-tuned, I fear. I’m not certain yet, but they were already solid, now they might be a bit much. Only time will tell.

Overall, how happy are you with the changes, and what would you like to see for the future of the Warrior class?

Personally, here’s my wish list
Greatsword – F1 Burst revamped, #5 Rush Reworked
Axe – 2, 4, 5 skills revamped

Rampage: Its a cool concept. I want to like it, I really do, but there’s a reason very few warriors use it…

Multiple UP Traits revamped: Reckless Dodge, Thick Skin, Revivers Might, Berserkers Might, Vigorous Return, Spiked Armor, Sweet Vengeance

Unsuspecting Foe: Lets face it, it needs a slight nerf

Banners: Revamp to make banners easier to use and manage

in Warrior

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

No need for another thread like this, already have like 5 of them.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sephius.2876

Sephius.2876

It’s beyond me how Arcing Slice (GS F1 burst) hasn’t been changed by now. EVERY patch notes I look for a change and nothing. It’s shockingly bad right now. ANYTHING, even if it granted it might, would be better for it.

Ideally I’d like to see the damage buffed to reflect the cost, also maybe add something like a knockdown? Or if that’s considered imba, at least cause vulnerability.
It’s such a waste of a cool looking animation.