Warrior PvP build? Need help

in Warrior

Posted by: oRx.9584

oRx.9584

Hey guys!

I just started a Warrior and Im wondering about decent PvP builds.

I only play PvP and WvW, so no PvE builds really…

So, what I mainly want is a power build, since Im not a fan of condi, but condition is fine if it has good damage… Also, Id try to avoid using the longbow if possible, as I really prefer melee over ranged.

Please do suggest some builds that would fit my playstyle.

Thanks in advance, oRx.

“Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.”
- Tupac Amaru Shakur (1971-1996)

in Warrior

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

You can’t skip longbow. This however does not mean you’ll be playing a ranged spec. You’ll mainly use it for the condi cleansing provided by Cleansing Ire, setting up burst with Pin Down or doing some aoe cleave / might stacking with Arcing Arrow.

You should try Axebow or Hambow. This site has multiple viable warrior builds for PvP, maybe you should play some matches on each and see what fits your style.

in Warrior

Posted by: oRx.9584

oRx.9584

Thanks alot for the advice Witcher, well appreciated.

Is there really no way to skip the longbow? :s I just dont like it much, but if its necessary I guess I can roll with it… :P

Regards, oRx

“Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.”
- Tupac Amaru Shakur (1971-1996)

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hi,

Is there really no way to skip the longbow? :s I just dont like it much, but if its necessary I guess I can roll with it… :P

I somehow understand this. Honestly, after playing countless hours with the bow, I have to say my interest in using it has considerably gone down – too slow for my taste.

If you want to play at competitive level though, then you’ll probably go into hammer/longbow. PvP main mode is Conquest, in which you need to control nodes in order to win. The combination of hammer and longbow can do that effectively:

• Both have AoE, very useful to hit opponents who have to come on node in order to cap/decap,
  • The longbow has a fire field and a blast finisher, and the hammer also has a blast finisher, so it’s easy to get might stacks,
  • Both weapons provide good amount of soft/hard control, which can help you either push people outside of a node, or disable an opponent for your mates to burst,
  • The build is burst-based, and offers a great synergy with Cleansing Ire, automatically taking care of conditions provided you maintain your rotations correctly,
  • You can do damage even while remaining tanky (i.e. running Soldier), because the current intelligence sigil lets you hit critically three times, and that works nicely with the hammer control chain.

If you don’t aspire to play competitively, and belong to a team sharing that very spirit, then you can naturally use whatever you want. You’ll be outside of the standard role of the warrior in a team comp, thus possibly underperforming for the team – yet warriors have plenty of interesting weapons and skills which can work very well in other kinds of roles. (Personally, I favor a berserker sword/axe+axe/shield build, because I love seeing big red numbers).

As a start, I’d suggest you still try out the Hambow and the Axebow. If you don’t like them, then think about what role you’d like to fulfill, and build accordingly. Ultimately, if you find yourself inefficient in your role, then consider trying another class.

Regards.