Warrior: Raw end of balance!

in Warrior

Posted by: Brolleun Hunter.7862

Brolleun Hunter.7862

After extensive testing of the warrior class compared to thief, guardian, and ranger, the profession received the raw end of Arena’s Net so called “balancing.”

The following are the issues I’ve found in sPvP as a warrior:

-Lacks real mobility outside of Great Sword, and is easy to disable, cripple, and keep at range.

-All the weapons a warrior wields have obvious animations, long cool downs even with traits, and are easy to tell, and thus counter—despite the many bugs some weapons have.

-The synergy of traits are next to nonexistent or need an over haul

-Warrior is the only profession to have a quickness buff that increases all damage taken by 50%, but other highly mobile classes like ranger and thief do not suffer such a heavy penlty for using a quickness utility

-Warriors utilities are obvious and easy to tell, and thus counter

I could go into truly analytical observation, but my faith in Arena Net is nonexistent, and the developers that are actually willing to implement anything resembling a balanced Warrior will probably be upwards to six months or more, so why should I waste my time and effort? I’m not being paid for it.

All in all this is just a rant thread. I swear warrior was the only profession balanced in the betas.

I do pose one question to the players: Why the hell do developers feel the need to give every melee lover a melee channeled ability that roots them?

(edited by Brolleun Hunter.7862)

in Warrior

Posted by: dialer.5029

dialer.5029

Why the hell do developers feel the need to give every melee lover a melee channeled ability that roots them?

Why feel the need to force every melee lover to go ranged in certain circumstances.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mister Kitty.6718

Mister Kitty.6718

Warriors were balanced around the concepts of few conditions, few boons, total offense, and big numbers everywhere (armor, health, damage, crit). To have such a class and still be balanced, it needs to be counterable. Warriors are very simple and straightforward, it’s going to cap the skill involved more easily. If you want to go above and beyond, play a more complicated class that has more options available and less of the high numbers.

Mister Kitty – Full Exotic 80 Warrior, Axe/Warhorn – Charrzooka
Completer of the World, Wielder of the Charrzooka Rifle, Master of Weapon and Armorsmithing
… also makes a mean truffle stew.

(edited by Mister Kitty.6718)

in Warrior

Posted by: Dreadspectre.3456

Dreadspectre.3456

If you build likekitten expect to play likekitten

There’s a trait in the discipline tree that makes movement skills break immobilize. Take it. GS gives you 2 outs, Hammer(what I use) gives you one, Sword would give you another one on short cd.

Stop building glass cannon. I run 27k hp with 1.9k toughness and still have 3200 power. I don’t kitten on people but no one kitten’s on me either. Thieves and mesmers have to work to get me to go down and I can pound on them for quite a bit.

Try playing a support role, we actually do good. Take the warhorn and shouts, spec up to healing shouts. Team will love you.

We have options, use them.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I think once Warriors take more steps towards baiting out counter-dodges and taking larger steps towards forcing evades and such, the Warrior skill ceiling will bump up.

A competitive Warrior representative just needs to man up and practice execution. I see too many players apparently thinking they’re at the skill ceiling, and it gives me a huge sad.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Mister Kitty.6718

Baiting dodges went out the window when they changed abilities to go on full cooldown if you cancel them. People were abusing partial benefit abilities for shorter cooldowns, so now a cancellation with any benefit is as good as a full loss. For any skilled player looking for a certain attack to dodge, that attack alone is going to be effective bait. Cancel it at your own risk.

Best present bait… Hundred Blades, cancel, swap, Eviscerate. Even if both get dodged, congrats, you can now autoattack them to death with Axe.

Completer of the World, Wielder of the Charrzooka Rifle, Master of Weapon and Armorsmithing

(edited by Mister Kitty.6718)

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

There’s a trait in the discipline tree that makes movement skills break immobilize. Take it. GS gives you 2 outs, Hammer(what I use) gives you one, Sword would give you another one on short cd.

Stop building glass cannon. I run 27k hp with 1.9k toughness and still have 3200 power. I don’t kitten on people but no one kitten’s on me either. Thieves and mesmers have to work to get me to go down and I can pound on them for quite a bit.

Try playing a support role, we actually do good. Take the warhorn and shouts, spec up to healing shouts. Team will love you.

With all the cats in your post its hard to catch the point you’re driving at here…

in Warrior

Posted by: Dreadspectre.3456

Dreadspectre.3456

4 kittens really that hard to get through? You have a bad build you’ll play bad.

I don’t drop people in 3 seconds but no one drops me in under 15-20seconds either. shrug Really not that hard to understand what I said, if you don’t have anything constructive to post don’t post at all. I offered options and advice on how to deal with things.

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Its a joke man…really…take yourself seriously a little much on the internet?

Also, what you offered was a buttload of hate for the OP. I hardly see constructive criticism in your ‘play better’ post. lol

in Warrior

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

Lol his post might not have been constructive but it made me laugh.

I’m with you on the builds though. Most of my builds end up with around 3k attack, 3k armor, and either shouts or banners. I feel like i contribute quite a bit, but you’d be surprised at how many times I’ve been chewed out for not running frenzy + 100b. Usually by other warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: poot.5487

poot.5487

It’s almost as though we’re saying that the most effective warrior build is some kind of large, heavily-plated metal vehicle that trades offensive power for resilience and speed for unstoppability…

The more things change, eh?

I think ANet severely underestimated how much a large section of the gaming community dislikes playing tank-y characters, and not just official, by-the-book tanks.

in Warrior

Mister Kitty.6718

Offensive warriors are effective. They’re more effective when you have allies doing the resilience and unstoppability for you. You can either spec tank and try and do everything yourself… or you can spec DPS and let your guardian friend root the enemy with his scepter so you can bash his face in while getting protection and heals.

in Warrior

Posted by: Elric of Grans.7684

Elric of Grans.7684

-Warrior is the only profession to have a quickness buff that increases all damage taken by 50%, but other highly mobile classes like ranger and thief do not suffer such a heavy penlty for using a quickness utility

Thieves lose all endurance and lose the ability to regenerate endurance. As a class that relies on dodging and evading to survive, they take a heavy hit. You need to time is for a situation where you are pretty certain you will not get hit, due to the hefty loss of damage mitigation likely leading to an instant death.

Rangers lose the ability to heal. As a class with lots of heals over time and regenerate, their survivability is largely linked to these heals. They are effectively taking more damage due to the loss of that damage mitigation. That said, Rangers definitely have the lightest penalty for the use of Quickness.

Only the Mesmer has access to Quickness with no real penalty (other than long cooldown).

in Warrior

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

Or you could just play a guardian and perform much better at the role you are playing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vain.1029

Vain.1029

Offensive warriors are effective. They’re more effective when you have allies doing the resilience and unstoppability for you. You can either spec tank and try and do everything yourself… or you can spec DPS and let your guardian friend root the enemy with his scepter so you can bash his face in while getting protection and heals.

There is a lot to be said for playing to your strengths, and I think people get a bit caught up in the support options, without realizing how they compare to the capabilities of some of the other classes in filling those options. Dedicated roles are gone, and everyone can do a bit of everything to fill in the holes, but some classes definitely lean more one way than the other.

Baldrekr — Stormbluff Isle

in Warrior

Posted by: Naraldeth.3862

Naraldeth.3862

Best present bait… Hundred Blades, cancel, swap, Eviscerate. Even if both get dodged, congrats, you can now autoattack them to death with Axe.

I Lol’d because it’s true.

On topic though, there’s not much in the way of diversity in the warrior for sPvP (WvW is a whole other story).
Players are feeling that the only real burst (which lets face it, is how it was meant to be played) comes from the Frenzy→Bullsrush→HB combo.
If Anet are willing to swap out some of the terrible skills like the crappy banners, for more situational abilties(like a spell reflect), you might see more bunker toughness warriors rather than the standard cookie-cutting of the Greatsword.

Imo Greatsword warriors are very easily countered, and overall, extremely lackluster in comparison to other classes(i’m not referring to pve where they are monsters). The skillcap is currently set at the lowest point it can be because of the sheer amount of bottleneckers running with the GS HB combo who feel there is no other way of creating sustainable damage, unless, like Mister Kitty said, you simply auto attack them to death with that ridiculous axe speed crit.