Warrior Rifle and Longbow

in Warrior

Posted by: Kuulpb.5412

Kuulpb.5412

I’m not sure if this is just me, But, I feel like Warrior Rifle and Longbow are EXTREMELY weak, Especially when you compare the Rifle to Deadeye Rifle, if warrior were the “initial” snipers, why do they deal so little damage with their skills except Killshot?, I compared values of Deadeye from Beta and Warrior rifle, and it appeared to show that Deadeye’s Shots did 1000 more damage a crit.

I personally think that Warriors should do more damage with their rifle, otherwise Deadeye’s 1500 range rifle not only (as noted) has higher range, but has higher damage.

Some days I feel like I can’t go on…. and then I eat Garlic.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

Warrior Longbow is a key weapon in PvE for Condi PS and Condi Damage Warrior.

Warrior Rifle did too much damage in PvP, e.g. Unblockable Kill Shot/Gun Flame used to be able to one shot Guardians.

Deadeye will be nerfed.

in Warrior

Kuulpb.5412

I was comparing to a berserker/damage war, not a condi war. not everyone likes condi war, Myself included.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

I was comparing to a berserker/damage war, not a condi war. not everyone likes condi war, Myself included.

The longbow is the ranged condi weapon for warrior. It’s not designed to be used as a power weapon. The rifle is the ranged power weapon, which was recently reworked but had some of its damage nerfed because of gimmicky burst damage in PvP.

in Warrior

Kuulpb.5412

I know but the silly thing is, ongbow AA has the SAME DAMAGE as Rifle AA. I tested in various circumstances, and in full marauder with wurm runes, usign longbow with the “dual shot burns” does more damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

I’ll agree that rifle seems a bit weak at the moment. I think increasing the damage on volley and increasing the bonus adrenaline on the auto would do a lot to help it be a reasonable choice for at least open world content. It hits way too low to be usable anywhere.

As for longbow… it would be nice if it could be used for power builds… at least casual ones… maybe they could increase the power coefficient on a lot of those attacks so that it does a respectable amount of direct damage if you’re built for power. As it stands now, Longbow is a pure condi weapon…

in Warrior

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

I’ll agree that rifle seems a bit weak at the moment. I think increasing the damage on volley and increasing the bonus adrenaline on the auto would do a lot to help it be a reasonable choice for at least open world content. It hits way too low to be usable anywhere.

As for longbow… it would be nice if it could be used for power builds… at least casual ones… maybe they could increase the power coefficient on a lot of those attacks so that it does a respectable amount of direct damage if you’re built for power. As it stands now, Longbow is a pure condi weapon…

I find Longbow to be pretty decent on Power, though I do think it needs more damage. There’s something to be said for the fact that you have guaranteed adrenal and cleansing ire with the burst (as it can’t “miss”), CC, and ranged damage as an already tanky class. I find it to be a reliable weapon while roaming, but can’t quite hold up to axe/shield. The damage just isn’t there. The utility is though.

Rifle, especially on core, feels absolutely horrible. It’s garbage. I get kills with it (having ranged options is always strong) but it feels boring, weak, slow, and projectile hate is stronk. Some people like it I’m sure, but I feel like its been gimmicky since day 1.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

The longbow is the ranged condi weapon for warrior. It’s not designed to be used as a power weapon. The rifle is the ranged power weapon, which was recently reworked but had some of its damage nerfed because of gimmicky burst damage in PvP.

It can work quite well as a power weapon, and I’ve used it to good effect on both duels and roaming while in full zerk gear.

Skills 2 and 3 are both high direct multi-target damage, the burst is no slouch on direct aoe damage, 4 and 5 provide utility, and one is ok-ish, but at least benefits by double the chances to proc effects with each shot.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

ALL warrior weapons are in need of a buff for power builds atm. Rifle, GS, and Longbow being the worst offenders.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

GW2 is a melee oriented game: with melee weapons we do at least 100% more dmg than on 1200 range ranged weapons and about 50% more than on 900 range weapons.
Can you find any other range weapon with 1200 range which can compare with melee weapons? I don’t think so, with exception of Ele’s Staff in Fire attunement, but you need to stay in melee anyway and it sucks for PvP as dmg weapon.
Anyway LB is probably the best as hybrid weapon, some mixture of power, crit and condi. As full condi is not that strong imo.

in Warrior

Posted by: sneakytails.5629

sneakytails.5629

I like rifle just fine, but then again, I tend to adjust my play-style to the weapon (weapon swapping to it on my main and getting a good killshot on a enemy kite) , or I will run a specialized build for it. (quickness rifle, and play the 2nd line support burst role in a group)

There are weaknesses however, you have to adjust, or get punished for it.

Its not a 1v1 weapon unless key things are in play (situational), forget about dueling, any competent player will not allow you to use it to full effect in a duel.

I am pretty happy right now with 15k Killshots, 10k Volleys, stacking some decent vulnerability and weapon swapping into a 15k Eviscerate, etc.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

You can actually use rifle to duel competent people. The entire game of it is positioning and baiting, so that your opponents find themselves looking at an incoming killshot (or gf) and having nothing left in the tank to avoid it.

It works against some builds and not others, but it doesn’t require an incompetent opponent to be successful.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Anyway LB is probably the best as hybrid weapon, some mixture of power, crit and condi. As full condi is not that strong imo.

Maybe as core. As zerker condi longbow is competitive with sword.

The burst was so powerful when HoT launch they cut it down HARD and it’s still one of the best warrior bursts.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Longbow is good for both power and condi. Rifle is fine as well. We dont need more power creep. I would rather have better changes to other stuff and spellbreaker than just asking for buffs on weapons that dont need it.

Thats just my opinion dont get tiggered.

in Warrior

Posted by: SWI.4127

SWI.4127

Rifle, especially on core, feels absolutely horrible. It’s garbage. I get kills with it (having ranged options is always strong) but it feels boring, weak, slow, and projectile hate is stronk. Some people like it I’m sure, but I feel like its been gimmicky since day 1.

Yeah…they tried to rework it awhile ago, and it was the saddest “rework” I’ve ever seen. They basically just gave it a backward dodge, then took away our ability to even make the auto-attacks pierce. I don’t know why they do some of this stuff. Was piercing auto-attacks on a rifle that you have to specifically trait for ever a balance problem?

in Warrior

Posted by: sneakytails.5629

sneakytails.5629

With the new hybrid stat gear coming out in Pof I will finally be able to run both Condi Longbow and Power Rifle in the same build, so definitely looking forward to that.

Really want to run that in a small group. Double quickness, unblockables, full mofo damage utilities and traits.

I just wanna be a condi kill-shot scumbag.

(edited by sneakytails.5629)

in Warrior

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

Longbow is good for both power and condi. Rifle is fine as well. We dont need more power creep. I would rather have better changes to other stuff and spellbreaker than just asking for buffs on weapons that dont need it.

Thats just my opinion dont get tiggered.

That opinion is wrong and I’m triggered.

But really, Rifle is garbage. It’s a complete gimmick weapon, its clunky, and it has no place in any serious PvP setting.

On Mesmer, I can feel the trade off’s between sword/scepter. I can feel the tradeoff’s in torch and shield. It feels like this across most classes, even if I have favorite weapons.

Greatsword, Axe/Shield. That’s all there is for power. Longbow to goof around, maybe mace mainhand situationally….. Berserker died, and core burst skills on any other weapons are too clunky and bad to have a place. Sword Burst? HAH. Killshot? “look at that kitten lining up over there, time to reflect/dodge”. Offhands are a complete and total kittening joke. Shield reigns supreme especially with might makes right and even less CC with no headbutt.

I don’t think there’s an issue of immediate power creep if these weapons were buffed/fixed, I think there’s a current issue of 0 weapon options for serious PvP.

in Warrior

Kuulpb.5412

I like Rifle, which is why I started this post, I do enjoy the killshot and volley, but the 1,2,4 and 5 all just deal VERY low damage ( as I said earlier, Longbow Auto attack does more damage than rifle auto attack, and even MORE if you take the burning dual shot trait), and with deadeyes getting a 1500 rifle with 3k damage crits on unmarked enemies, compared to rifles 1.5 to 2k crits at 1200, it just feels like “the weapon master” isn’t a master.

in Warrior

Posted by: KhainPride.3987

KhainPride.3987

first of all

longbow is pretty good, they said they did fix the aoe fields from disappearing. Yes i notice this but it still happens time to time

Longbow is pretty good, what i mean by this is that using power and longbow. You will rekt lots of people.

i love it when i rekt supposed pro warriors with longbow and they scream “ew ew condi condi no get off me” then i have to link armor to these pros; they got rekt from my full zerk scholar

Rifle is okay, not the best and volley combined with dodge backward evade on number 4 is the only thing going for it.

half the killshots would go out of range(point blank and mid range at about 600 range units) or obstructed even with clear LoS

do not confuse Gunflame with killshot like the rest of the 90% players

I do not know of any patch saying “reduced killshot damage, reduced killshot range” so there have been unintentional nerfs to this in both categories. It used to work fine but somehow my gunflame just has better overall numbers in damage and lands better without out of range message and obstructed.

again do not confuse killshot and gunflame.

OVERALL TLDR:

Powerbow(zerker armor + longbow) is good.(it finally got some glitches fixed which never were mentioned for years but experienced players have noticed such as AoE fields disappearing)

Rifle(mainly killshot) needs its glitches fixed such as out of range issues and obstructed. Unintentional nerf in damage where killshot needs a buff of 20%.
1 additional fix to rifle can be putting piercing back onto our auto attack and buff its damage by 20%.

Do not confuse gunflame with killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

I like Rifle, which is why I started this post, I do enjoy the killshot and volley, but the 1,2,4 and 5 all just deal VERY low damage ( as I said earlier, Longbow Auto attack does more damage than rifle auto attack, and even MORE if you take the burning dual shot trait), and with deadeyes getting a 1500 rifle with 3k damage crits on unmarked enemies, compared to rifles 1.5 to 2k crits at 1200, it just feels like “the weapon master” isn’t a master.

I’m glad you like rifle. I do to after looting the hunter a few years ago. Thing is, there are a lot of good conflicting comments in this thread but the plain and simple fact is in PvE you simply won’t see hardly anyone using rifle anymore. The condi is just so much more powerful than power, that nearly everyone uses longbow now.

I don’t see any reason from the patch notes or from playing, or from what I see around me in PvE to continue with rifle. It’s just not comparable. I hate packing away a legendary weapon but it’s become trash in comparison to longbow.

in Warrior

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

It’s mostly because of the autoattacks. Both of them are terrible, and weapons with weak autoattacks are particularly difficult (or impossible) to use effectively in most content. The Longbow’s #1 needs a RoF buff like Rangers got several years ago. The rifle #1 just lost too much of its DPS with the removal of bleed and needs to be buffed more.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Ham/Bow – Power used to be meta for a long time in pvp way before hot.

in Warrior

Posted by: thaniretouni.4762

thaniretouni.4762

I’m not sure if this is just me, But, I feel like Warrior Rifle and Longbow are EXTREMELY weak, Especially when you compare the Rifle to Deadeye Rifle, if warrior were the “initial” snipers, why do they deal so little damage with their skills except Killshot?, I compared values of Deadeye from Beta and Warrior rifle, and it appeared to show that Deadeye’s Shots did 1000 more damage a crit.

I personally think that Warriors should do more damage with their rifle, otherwise Deadeye’s 1500 range rifle not only (as noted) has higher range, but has higher damage.

First of all, if you really want to check a weak rifle, then use it on an engineer. In most circumstances its unplayable and even in wvw with elixirs is mediocre against the meta at least. Regarding Deadeye… you cannot compare 2 classes like that. Warrior has highest def and hp and he may have 2 invulnerabilities while being full zerker… Deadeye has medium def and lowest hp pool whereas his original range with rifle is 1200 and the projectiles are too slow. If you want good dmg, 1500 range and velocity of projectiles you need to stay immobile… in a class the only defense is its mobility (dont count Daredevils perma evading capabilities here). I think you main warrior and you are a bit biased. Warrior rifle is good, not GREAT, but good and it should remain like it. Its Melee Wars 2 afterall.

Anyway, I love all the classes (well maybe not guardians, but I like firebrand) in this game; to be frank, there are things here and there that require fixing of course (like the poorly implemented mace which in core warrior at least is really bad) but hopefully one day will be fixed or new options(Pof new hybrid armour stats may make dual sword hybrid warrior viable for example) will make them viable.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zakka.2153

Zakka.2153

I have been havinkittenount of moderate success with Hammer/rifle recently in pvp. Not sure if people just forgot warriors can use hammers and rifles or people just haven’t seen it for so long they forgot how to counter it haha.

in Warrior

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Ham/Bow – Power used to be meta for a long time in pvp way before hot.

A different time, a different balance.
That was before burning stacks were introduced and before gear such as Celestial or Soldier was removed. Most people were just as surprised about how well that build ended up working.
In fact, longbow has been a hybrid weapon for the longest time and it was that part that made it work so well in that environment. Allowing different kinds of pressure with conditions and okeyish physical which simply no longer works in the current meta now that these few conditions it applies do nothing against the blown up elite specs with passive removals, passive regeneration, etc. and thus removing most of the usefulness outside of straight up condition builds.

Given all of that, both weapons are fine right now. They have their places, neither requires a big damage buff and especially not one that would allow riffle warrior to rival the gimmicky deadeye.

(edited by Henry.5713)

in Warrior

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

Bow in general pvp only works because the burst combustive shot does not require a hit on a target in order to activate cleansing ire, berserker’s power, and/or adrenal health.

It’s in need of a do-over. it’s an unusual blend of power (longbow 3) and condi attacks, longbow 4 is ridiclously weak for being a number 4 skill.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Warrior Longbow is a key weapon in PvE for Condi PS and Condi Damage Warrior.

Warrior Rifle did too much damage in PvP, e.g. Unblockable Kill Shot/Gun Flame used to be able to one shot Guardians.

Deadeye will be nerfed.

That’s a problem with Killshot, not Rifle. It needs stronger non-burst damage (And, IMO, pierce on auto)

in Warrior

Posted by: Oogabooga.3812

Oogabooga.3812

Just be glad warrior’s rifle isn’t like the engi’s rifle, which is by far, the WORST “long” ranged weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

GW2 is a melee oriented game: with melee weapons we do at least 100% more dmg than on 1200 range ranged weapons and about 50% more than on 900 range weapons.
Can you find any other range weapon with 1200 range which can compare with melee weapons? I don’t think so, with exception of Ele’s Staff in Fire attunement, but you need to stay in melee anyway and it sucks for PvP as dmg weapon.

Wut? We playing the same game? There are no true melee weapons in this game anymore. Warrior and thief are the last holdouts, having some meta builds that are true melee. Everyone else’s ‘melee’ is some special particle they fling out of their weapon with 400-1200 range….I don’t consider that melee.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in Warrior

Posted by: Drakhar.1389

Drakhar.1389

I play power longbow gs in top 250 pvp, it’s pretty good. Not broken, you have to play it pretty well, but I’m not sure it needs buffs.

Using the 3 and swapping to a weapon with intelligence sigil has always been a fun combo. The 2 does pretty good damage point blank. #4 Blind is aoe and pretty easy to hit untargeted which gives some options while kiting. #5 is a long bleed and immob which is obviously pretty useful, especially if you work around the animation. And of course combustive shot is a great way to proc adrenal, and does good hybrid damage.

TLDR Longbow is pretty good in pvp. Some small buffs to both power and condi damage wouldn’t hurt, but the skills themselves are fun and work well together.