Warrior Roaming video using new traits

in Warrior

Posted by: Diablo Sinz.9378

Diablo Sinz.9378

(((((NOT A CONDI BUILD)))))
http://intothemists.com/guides/5858-new_patch_warrior
here is the link for the build! a few things i want to mention that might not stand out is everything is zerker except for the back piece and the rings. the back piece i use soldiers for more toughness and the rings i use cleric. cleric rings still give power but they also give toughness and around 250 healing power. the healing power is important to help make healing signet more useful. before the patch the build i ran gained 300 healing power from traits, that is no longer the case so i had to make some of this up using rings! it works really good. you will see a few traits in the build could be changed for example instead of using balanced stance in the last defense trait you could use cleansing ire instead. i prefer balanced stance because it allows your stances (berserker stance, balanced stance from the trait and endure pain) to get vigor! vigor is 100% endurance gain so this means more dodges for surviving! very good~ anyway thanks for viewing this and here is my youtube roaming video using this very build i just gave to you guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEkMjoc4SNY
dont forget to like/share and subscribe! thanks and i hope you enjoy.

Northernshiverpeaks |Diablos Revenge(DRV)

in Warrior

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

I would use Brawler’s recovery instead of destruction of the Empowered, having 1 condition protection and not removal would be really bad.

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

yeah its all personal preference the traits can be arranged some to fit your gameplay/preference this is just a pretty good starting point

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

you also get -40% condi from the food and -20% more from hoelbrak runes.

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

you also get -40% condi from the food and -20% more from hoelbrak runes.

also you have +40% from food.

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

yep well i guess you would need brawlers recovery, i dont

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

yep well i guess you would need brawlers recovery, i dont

Plus most of the targets were uplevel. I run the same build with brawlers.

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

i think the first fight had 1 up lvl thats it a thief the other 2 eles were not, the warrior was not, both necros were not so hmm most being up lvl? wrong. the next outnumbered fight had 2 mesmers both not up lvl, engi not up lvl and ranger not up lvl hmm.. next fight had medi guard not up lvl, thief not up lvl and then 2 more thiefs both not up lvl.. hmmm.. the last fight had 2 up lvls so i guess your finally right when it comes to the last fight

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

lulz ok whetever you say.

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

post a video of you not being carried by a thief.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

so much salt for someone trying to post a video showing the new traits in action lmao

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

I was wondering if those were real players or NPCs lol, they don’t move or dodge … fight some veterans and you will see how good you are.

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

oh do you play warrior butcher? would you like to do a 1v1?

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

i have a pvp room me and you can use, you can come teach me how a veteran warrior plays. im always down for learning and improving

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

Sure let me know when and where.

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

im free right now you see my account name send me a whisper

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

I think you are pretty good Diablo. Butcher do have a point though and its not to downplay how well you play. I recognize some of those Mag guilds and some others I have never seen before they are definably not some of the better Mag players.

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

I work you know, gym after 4pm EST and school until 8, maybe after 9 pm est?

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

thank you warlord, i put a video here to show the build I CHOOSE to run and the gameplay that i got to show that lol but apparently im not fighting veteran players? i guess butcher you shouldnt say when and where when you cant be here now. sure 9pm est sounds good to me ill be expecting your whisper

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

thank you warlord, i put a video here to show the build I CHOOSE to run and the gameplay that i got to show that lol but apparently im not fighting veteran players? i guess butcher you shouldnt say when and where when you cant be here now. sure 9pm est sounds good to me ill be expecting your whisper

Yeah sorry about that, private room sPVP? you know it is not the same damage right?

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Much hate in this topic lol.

One piece of unrequested advice, try putting the energy sigil on your GS. Having it on hammer means sometimes your endurance will fill up when you actually want the 10% damage boost from Stick and Move. Most burst comes from hammer, so you would want energy on the other weapon imo.

I liked it.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

(edited by Cygnus.6903)

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

oh okay i never thought about that Cygnus ill have to look into it, the reason i put the other 2 sigils on gs is cuz whirlwind is pretty good hits and seemed to me to have a higher chance for air to proct. thanks for the idea ill have to look into that and try it!

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

yeah i know the difference between wvw and pvp and unless you plan on transferring to a server that im fighting in wvw then i guess pvp it is

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

cool video been waiting for some warrior footage with the new patch. I haven’t really tried hammer yet as I’ve been messing around with mace but yeah for sure you do a lot of damage.

alot of the ppl in the footage were pretty bad i’m not going to lie but gj holding your own in outnumbered situations. The thief was very good too but I wouldn’t expect anything less from a tM.

IDK, just my preference though from a long time sigil of int user. I think it is decent for 1v1 combat (though probably still not the best choice) but in larger fights it isn’t as good IMO. You could probably switch it for sigil of impact for 10% extra damage to CC’ed foes since you crit 60% of the time anyway with fury. You would get some pretty nice spikes in damage. I don’t think an 8-9K backbreaker would be out of the question.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

yeah i used to use it but was trying out the sigil of energy to see how it would work out and see if i was a big dps loss which it was not i do not think but after your advice and the other guys i think i will probably go back to it. gotta love DPS~ yeah i joined tM about 2 months i think and schade is a really good guy in tM that ive met and got to roam with a lot. you can see him and his necro is a few other of my videos. i just think its always fun to experiment with sigils and hear peoples advice to try and make better builds. thanks for the input!

in Warrior

Posted by: Xheartless.5806

Xheartless.5806

i dont want to downplay your skills, they were decent, but ultimately, your skills didnt matter, good thieves are literally gods in wvw, so the guy that said you got carried by a thief is right, you are never, ever, in any danger, and when you do start getting in some trouble, thief shows up and takes 75% of the hp of the guy on you

i cant blame you for not fighting vets, most people who post vids dont, and it would just be thief pairs chain stealthing, dont worry i get it, but its still a fact, you cannot be taken seriously when a thief is around in wvw

your very first attack in the vid, on an ele, you opened from stealth (thief) then did 4.5k hit, which is not even half of the LOWEST possible hp pool, then the ele goes down, so again (thief)

thats really all i saw sorry :s even if you are the greatest warrior alive, and 500 times better than all of us combined in this thread…it means nothing next to a thief

entertaining though!

in Warrior

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Don’t derail videothreads to this comparison of enemy skill level, happened in Guardian subforums and nobody has posted a video there since then.. People don’t want to post them anymore

9 Guardians later…

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Don’t derail videothreads to this comparison of enemy skill level, happened in Guardian subforums and nobody has posted a video there since then.. People don’t want to post them anymore

There will be more – when guardians can equip longbows you will see tons of vidz again.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Hoaxintelligence.4628

good thieves are literally gods in wvw
when you do start getting in some trouble, thief shows up and takes 75% of the hp
you cannot be taken seriously when a thief is around in wvw
it means nothing next to a thief

Thieves can be anoying yes, with resetting the fight while in stealth,
blind spam, etc, but i wont call them gods in wvw xD

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: Loco.2830

Loco.2830

so are we going to see a spvp between Diablo Sinz vs xbutcherx? whats the point of talking the talk if you dont walk the walk? it will be a healthy match, after words you guys might be great palls! (real life experience here) so go for it record it and place it here! put your money where your mouth is.

i m so happy for the patch! so much new ideas and possibilities. warrior is very strong in my opinion at the moment, not tired yet of fighting engi’s who for some strange reason thinks they can take a full 100b to the face so they can complete their combo. looking at you deso and gandara players.

ps: i m no expert and i m not here flap my wings, my win rate is probably 40%!!! so

FSP.

in Warrior

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Diablo Sinz vs xbutcherx
All betting gold to me please

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

I have changed this build a bit after trying it. Also I duel Diablo a few times. This here is where I feel the build is optimal. Swap last stand for CI accordingly depending and traited endure pain for armored attack as well. Its situational.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-kittenkP0g4NL-60;9;4dfh;0246137158;4WwG2X;1vhrTvhrTn-FQ3-JH;3KbK6LbL6MbM62RWLV1a;5F2Coc2CucV19cV19F2-o;9;9;9;6VT-6cW5D

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

i never got my whisper..

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossfire.2695

Crossfire.2695

I like this build but one question, is it worth having peak performance without physical skill utilities. I’m not sure what consist of physical skills. Sorry for the noob question.

in Warrior

Crossfire.2695

Wait nvm. It was warlord’s build that have the peak performance but I still want to ask, peak performance should not work on this build right?

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Correct. It was likely an accident as the trait does nothing for the build.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Crossfire.2695

Thanks. I really like this build, and I used it in pvp, pve and wvw. I just have some minor changes because of my play style. And I can’t afford to buy the runes yet.

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

yeah i love the build crossfire but yeah he probably did peak performance on accident. the build has changes that can be made i think i said those in the notes if you look at my link for example you can choose cleansing ire over stab for whatever fits you. condi is bigger deal these days so some ppl choose cleansing ire, i still do not as i like the extra vigor from the stances and the extra stab helps a lot for me! but glad the build is working out for you Crossfire as its worked for me very very much!

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

although idk what runes i would use other than hoelbrak, they really help with the might stack from the gs trait.. hmm im sure whatever else your using is fine until you can get them

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

I think Hoelbrak and melandru is old meta at this point Diablo. With mobile stikes baseline with warrior sprint. I don’t see any point to have them. I know you like Destrution of Empowered but removing 10 stacks of bleed on swap or that poison is better than leaving it up to runes and food to negative condi duration to mitigate.

Hoelbrak and Melandu maybe still good in SPVP but in WVW where u factor in food and Givers weapons. Any condi build will eat right trough Hoelbrak and lemon gras and negate any benefits from it. At that point its intended use becomes useless.

I say go with Strength or Pack runes and for real and just use brawlers recov and warrior sprint. Pick Cleansing Ire if thats not enough.

You could still use the lemongrass if you wanted. But Omnon pie is better as it heals you when u crit. Steals 325 HP from oponent. 1s ICD. This build has high crit so it synergizes well with it.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

yeah i use that food as well but like we have all said before on this thread its a matter of preference

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

i do think the weapon swap one is very viable and makes a lot of sense though, it would be better than destruction of the empowered depending on the fight of course. a fight a against a guardian doe would be better compared to condi weapon swap being better against a condi class that possibly would do 10 stacks of bleed and poison

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

IDK gaurd can do like 10 stacks of burning and its the only condi they can apply other than blind. Well you wouldn’t want to leave the burning on there and brawlers recovery clears blind baseline + 1 condi. I always think DOE is good but its not a game changer like brawlers recovery is a game changer. Without brawlers recov u need hydromancy to clear blinds or ur hammer wont work.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

you dont know how to dodge? they cant do burning if you dodge, they put dodge in the game for a reason

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

i do think the weapon swap one is very viable and makes a lot of sense though, it would be better than destruction of the empowered depending on the fight of course. a fight a against a guardian doe would be better compared to condi weapon swap being better against a condi class that possibly would do 10 stacks of bleed and poison

Brawler’s Recovery is indeed useful against damaging conditions, but it also works great against other conditions: cripple, immobilize, blind, chill. In your example, a guardian can mitigate your burst by simply blinding you (F1, weapon or utility skill…).

IMHO, the choice between the Brawler’s Recovery and Destruction of the Empowered depends on the base damage level of your build and whether you have regular cleansing available:

• If your base damage is high, then adding more may be wasted (the point is to kill the opponent, not to over-kill him). If your base damage is low, then buffing it with DotE is a good idea (e.g. running hybrid builds).
  • If you have Cleansing Ire with the Longbow, then you already have regular cleansing, so DotE might be more fitting. If you don’t have Cleansing Ire, or have it but without the guaranteed burst hit of the Longbow, then you’re likely to want Brawler’s Recovery. I don’t take Cleansing Ire anymore on Berserker build, because being hit when you’re glassy is a bad idea (and CI loses a lot if its value if you don’t get hit).

I see one exception to this rule: when you don’t care at all about conditions, and simply want to maximize damage. In such cases, you wouldn’t even probably invest in Defense.

in Warrior

Posted by: azerte.4365

azerte.4365

So many salty ppl in this thread. This video isn’t meant to show highly skillful play or something. It’s just a nice video to show some warrior/thief – roaming gameplay with the new traits and of the fun moments we had.

If you want discuss anything it should be the new traits!

Schäde – Lolzie
Trillmatic |tM| / Angelic Synergy |Holy|

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

they negate my dps by blinds but you talk as if they are the only ones playing and using skills as if i dont use berserker stance to negate blinds and i dont dodge to avoid any dps/burst or condi burst

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Hoelbrak will still be meta in WvW, the same thing with Lemongrass. Even in the not so near future but beyond that. But it was a far cry from being necessary.

Dogged March + Hoelbrak + Lemongrass still provides a 93% reduction in immobilize, chill and cripple. Mobile Strikes only takes care of the immobilize. There is still chill and cripple to contend with and those tend to fly around a lot. Sure, movement skills are unhindered by it but even then it is still very useful.

Through anecdotal experience I found that conditions tended to be more bursty but not last as long. I think this is a product of taking condition duration away from the traitlines. Classes like Engis, Guardians, Necros, Eles use condition builds that went into their respective condition duration trait lines. Or some of these classes would spec into their condition duration traitlines just for that bonus. Now it isn’t like that. People have been used Giver for their weaponsets.

With that said I’ve used Strength Runes instead of Hoelbrak for a long while. I feel as if I didn’t need the extra -20% condi duration as I felt like I still resisted immobilize/cripple/chill decently. That and I ran a 2/0/6/0/6 build that utilized Brawler’s Recovery. It was a decent trait even for a grandmaster, removing that 6-7 second burn when you didn’t have cleansing ire up could very much change the fight for you.

I think more people will probably end up going Strength Runes just to maximize DPS, Pack runes are great too. But Hoelbrak will still remain a great choice and even a meta choice due to it’s all around-ness as a rune.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Diablo Sinz.9378

and yes never mentioned this was meant to show highly skilled play not once in description or video name or any. its simply showing a new build and some gameplay using the new traits but yall should consider my gameplay as well when trying to say some guard negates my dps using blind when the build clearly has ways to get around that per berserker stance/dodge