Warrior - Shoutbow build (sw/wh - longbow)

in Warrior

Posted by: VaAnSs.1567

VaAnSs.1567

Build in description

Shoutbow build – sPvP (ROM’s build)

By Vaanss :P

in Warrior

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Is this practice mode?

I just watched you down three people and turned it off

I’ve seen AI better than these players lol

Nice job?

PS – ROM did not make this build

in Warrior

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

Is this practice mode?

I just watched you down three people and turned it off

I’ve seen AI better than these players lol

Nice job?

PS – ROM did not make this build

Actually, there isn’t a real creator of Swrod-Warhorn build but many co-finder.

The first viable sword-warhorn PvP users was me and another user called “The Mercy Goddess”, we were friend since I found him using same warhorn set by chance (I just wanna be friend of him becuz at that era, most people only run hambow stuff or gsbow stuff. I felt lonely lol). The Mercy Goddess was decent warrior player who was hovering at top end of the leaderboard.

The Mercy Goddess used it on first ToL around march or april. But Mercy Goddess was faster finder than me anyway becuz I heard he is a huge older player of gw2 than me (I found this build myself though)

That is why this build has many co-finer, ROM or whoever. I think every people claiming himself finder of sword and warhorn set found this build set by themselves though, cuz they are also decent warrior player. So, there are many co-finder.

Can’t believe it?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/lookingfor/NA-Warrior-LFG-for-the-Legendary-Tournament/first#post3835076

click this and see what weapon The Mercy Goddess equipped in picture and its post date.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

(edited by Kitt.2567)

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

When PvPers talk about “new” builds, do you mean new for “PvP meta scene” then? As far as I know this build was viable at launch and has been run in WvW since then as a group support build. Not with celestial but both power and condition and hybrids has been used since forever, and it’s been called cheese since idk when.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: oblivion.4067

oblivion.4067

Yep total cheese condi build from wvw, gg pvp,

been running this build as of late , eating people like no tomorrow enjoy, you can swap mel runes for hoelbrak for more dps which is nice.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNAnXTjMdU3ZVImhwJagmgC7mHBnb5zOA01EA-TpBFABQcEAkZ/hoLD02DAYhDBAAnAAA

(edited by oblivion.4067)

in Warrior

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Offhand Axe.

Sounds good.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hi,

@VaAnSs.1567: congrats on that new video. The build is strong and you play it well, but I think I prefer your berserker videos nonetheless (more spectacular in my view). Thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work!

been running this build as of late , eating people like no tomorrow enjoy, you can swap mel runes for hoelbrak for more dps which is nice.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNAnXTjMdU3ZVImhwJagmgC7mHBnb5zOA01EA-TpBFABQcEAkZ/hoLD02DAYhDBAAnAAA

Yes, this is the kind of build approach that I like, although it’s a bit too tanky for my taste. If you do not mind, a few remarks below.

Given that you wear a Knight armor rather a Berserker one, you end up being tanky enough in my opinion, so I’d definitely exchange the Melandru runes for the Hoelbrak runes, as you have suggested, all the more the longbow can help you stack might (LB #3 in Combustive Shot).

I see that you have selected Last Chance. It is a very nice trait, but I think that I’d still go for a x/x/6/x/6 standard PvP variation and get Burst Mastery instead, since both bursts of your weapon sets are interesting (you’d also squeeze more value from Cleansing Ire that way). To compensate for the loss of critical chance, I’d either equip a sigil of Intelligence or a sigil of Accuracy on the main hand Axe. I’d also consider exchanging the sigil of Air for a sigil of Fire, as you’re likely to skirmish. If you still want Quickness, then the sigil of Rage can also be a good option.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNAnXTjMdU3ZVImhwJaghgC9rXCxgpAQdYE7dBA-TphFABAcCAM4BA4wRA45yAJcIAWZ/BA

A more mobile version could substitute the main hand Axe with a main hand Sword. You would still get a leap finisher and an eviscerate-like burst with sword #3, and would grab an interesting immobilization with sword #1 (useful as a preparation for either Sword #3 or Axe #5). The x/x/6/x/6 trait distribution would work the same, although I think that your 0/6/5/0/3 trait distribution would also be nice with that set up (but maybe testing Dual Wield Agility there).

Offhand Axe. Sounds good.

In PvP, the Axe #5 does 50% more damage than in PvE or WvW. Considering the damage only, it’s not unusual to hit above 10k on a single target (my best being around 13k against an elem, IIRC), although one still has to prepare the skill, using both stability and cripple. Running the natural Axe/Axe or Sword/Axe sets provides you with plenty of cripple, so the combination is not hard to pull.

Aside from this, Axe #5 hits 15 times and cleaves. In this build, it works nicely, because:

• It can itself be used as a preparation for Eviscerate. Not only will it help build adrenaline quite fast, but it will also reduce the defense options of the opponent, who might consume dodges or teleports to mitigate the damage. Guardians, in particular, will find themselves quite vulnerable to it, because of the Signet of Might.
  • As a whirl finisher, it can significantly affect the area, when fighting with teammates: cleansing with light fields, blinding with smoke fields, and so on. Last but not least, since you run the long bow, you get an additional self-combo with Combustive Shot.

Axe #4 is less shiny, yet not bad at all. Its damage is decent, and more importantly it strikes twice, increasing the chance for a sigil to proc. The fury it provides directly contributes to the damage inflicted by a following Axe #5 as well.

Regards.

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: huntroll.1489

huntroll.1489

Planning to run this build in WvW for small-scale fights, do you think it would work? What gear do you think would be the most efficient for it? Thinking about Rabid or Dire (Rabid if I run Torment/Earth Sigils, Dire if I won’t), maybe Settler’s or Apothecary’s (though then I wouldn’t really be able to kill anyone) or Celestial for hybrid fun (still need 3 weeks to get all the quartz though).

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

celestial > apothecary > rest. dont worry about the damage, use koi cake/wvw masteries/stack sigil and you are fine.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Gamgee.8612

Planning to run this build in WvW for small-scale fights, do you think it would work? What gear do you think would be the most efficient for it? Thinking about Rabid or Dire (Rabid if I run Torment/Earth Sigils, Dire if I won’t), maybe Settler’s or Apothecary’s (though then I wouldn’t really be able to kill anyone) or Celestial for hybrid fun (still need 3 weeks to get all the quartz though).

As I said before in this topic, this has been used pretty much since launch. Settlers or apothecarys would be your best shot for supporting your group. You might not want to take “Fear Me” over “On My Mark” as Fear Me scatters enemies and it’s got double the cooldown of On My Mark. On My Mark is underrated, it gives 10 seconds of vulnrability on target for 15 seconds. You would want Fear Me in PvP to fight at points though, but in WvW you might not want that.

in Warrior

Posted by: oblivion.4067

oblivion.4067

Hi,

@VaAnSs.1567: congrats on that new video. The build is strong and you play it well, but I think I prefer your berserker videos nonetheless (more spectacular in my view). Thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work!

Yes, this is the kind of build approach that I like, although it’s a bit too tanky for my taste. If you do not mind, a few remarks below.

Given that you wear a Knight armor rather a Berserker one, you end up being tanky enough in my opinion, so I’d definitely exchange the Melandru runes for the Hoelbrak runes, as you have suggested, all the more the longbow can help you stack might (LB #3 in Combustive Shot).

I see that you have selected Last Chance. It is a very nice trait, but I think that I’d still go for a x/x/6/x/6 standard PvP variation and get Burst Mastery instead, since both bursts of your weapon sets are interesting (you’d also squeeze more value from Cleansing Ire that way). To compensate for the loss of critical chance, I’d either equip a sigil of Intelligence or a sigil of Accuracy on the main hand Axe. I’d also consider exchanging the sigil of Air for a sigil of Fire, as you’re likely to skirmish. If you still want Quickness, then the sigil of Rage can also be a good option.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNAnXTjMdU3ZVImhwJaghgC9rXCxgpAQdYE7dBA-TphFABAcCAM4BA4wRA45yAJcIAWZ/BA

A more mobile version could substitute the main hand Axe with a main hand Sword. You would still get a leap finisher and an eviscerate-like burst with sword #3, and would grab an interesting immobilization with sword #1 (useful as a preparation for either Sword #3 or Axe #5). The x/x/6/x/6 trait distribution would work the same, although I think that your 0/6/5/0/3 trait distribution would also be nice with that set up (but maybe testing Dual Wield Agility there).

In PvP, the Axe #5 does 50% more damage than in PvE or WvW. Considering the damage only, it’s not unusual to hit above 10k on a single target (my best being around 13k against an elem, IIRC), although one still has to prepare the skill, using both stability and cripple. Running the natural Axe/Axe or Sword/Axe sets provides you with plenty of cripple, so the combination is not hard to pull.

Aside from this, Axe #5 hits 15 times and cleaves. In this build, it works nicely, because:

• It can itself be used as a preparation for Eviscerate. Not only will it help build adrenaline quite fast, but it will also reduce the defense options of the opponent, who might consume dodges or teleports to mitigate the damage. Guardians, in particular, will find themselves quite vulnerable to it, because of the Signet of Might.
  • As a whirl finisher, it can significantly affect the area, when fighting with teammates: cleansing with light fields, blinding with smoke fields, and so on. Last but not least, since you run the long bow, you get an additional self-combo with Combustive Shot.

Axe #4 is less shiny, yet not bad at all. Its damage is decent, and more importantly it strikes twice, increasing the chance for a sigil to proc. The fury it provides directly contributes to the damage inflicted by a following Axe #5 as well.

Regards.

Good sound advice there,
things i love about the quickness is when u whirl and then eviscerate they dont see it coming, and the quickness stomps are great,

i started running dual axe because i was jelly about the giant on black desert dual axe play, wish we had a gap closer on axe 4 would be epic,

wish we would have grab skills on warrior lol.

in Warrior

hybrid.5027

Regards.

Even in PvP, axe auto attack is better dps than Axe 5. Face it, its trash.

in Warrior

Elegie.3620

Hi,

Even in PvP, axe auto attack is better dps than Axe 5. Face it, its trash.

Well, I wouldn’t care about calculating the damage, because PvP isn’t a damage min-max thing, so I’ll take your word on that. Fortunately though, there are other effects brought by Axe #5 which, in my view, more than compensate for the little loss of damage.

Namely, it hits up to 15 times in 3 seconds, thus increasing the chance for an on-crit sigil to proc, and replenishing adrenaline at an excellent rate. Also, it is a whirl finisher, which means it will project up to 15 traits of whatever field you stand on. Finally, I’ve found that most players try and avoid the damage, using dodges or active defense, making it a fine setup for a possible burst continuation.

Do you ignore these parameters because you think they’re negligible, or because they’re not directly quantifiable? To me they definitely have value, and possibly a great one when maximized by an experienced warrior.

Regards.

in Warrior

hybrid.5027

AFAIK the whirl finisher part of the skill is broken though it may have been fixed in the september feature patch?

The adrenaline gain seems fine.

The dps portion though is fairly dumb. If you’re fighting someone who will dodge your axe 5 but will just sit there and eat auto attacks I don’t even get that.

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

As I said before in this topic, this has been used pretty much since launch. Settlers or apothecarys would be your best shot for supporting your group. You might not want to take “Fear Me” over “On My Mark” as Fear Me scatters enemies and it’s got double the cooldown of On My Mark. On My Mark is underrated, it gives 10 seconds of vulnrability on target for 15 seconds. You would want Fear Me in PvP to fight at points though, but in WvW you might not want that.

Fear me is far better than on my mark even in wvw. If you hit your pindown followed by fear me some classes like shatter mesmer get instarekt.
Not to mention how easy you can rupt heals with it.

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Elegie.3620

Hi,

AFAIK the whirl finisher part of the skill is broken though it may have been fixed in the september feature patch?

Wasn’t it fixed in the April patch, although there might still be animation issues remaining, with the Asura model? The September patch actually nerfed Axe #5, by fixing the “ability” to dodge while channeling the skill, removing the synergy with Reckless Dodge.

The adrenaline gain seems fine.

The experience is indeed quite pleasant. Basically, each time you finish channeling axe #5, provided you’ve made enough preparation to ensure it hits, you find yourself with enough adrenaline to burst, for instance using Eviscerate.

I’ve tried briefly using Sharpened Axes as well, but found myself overflowing with too much adrenaline, i.e. a waste in regards of my actual burst rotations.

The dps portion though is fairly dumb. If you’re fighting someone who will dodge your axe 5 but will just sit there and eat auto attacks I don’t even get that.

That’s a good point. Maybe my perception is wrong, but I think it’s related to some sense of urgency. When soft-controlled, seeing the whirling animation, having damage figures piling up, most people tend to hit some panic button to get out of here, or make themselves invulnerable.

I’ve played the game since the beginning, but somehow never used the offhand axe before the September patch came out, mostly for the reasons you’ve stated. The 17% damage increase made me want to at least give it a chance – and I was considerably surprised at how effective / enjoyable it was (but only in PvP, thanks to the 50% damage bonus).

Regards.

in Warrior

Gamgee.8612

Fear me is far better than on my mark even in wvw. If you hit your pindown followed by fear me some classes like shatter mesmer get instarekt.
Not to mention how easy you can rupt heals with it.

Yeah, unless it’s timed good the rest of the group will miss all of their burst though. He is running it in a group and if you are going to support you want to be able to use the heals at any time. But I agree with you in other aspects.

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Yes in a group fear me becomes even stronger. You can ress downstates while fearing oppenents or you can fear your enemies while your ally is stomping.
And wth should your group miss their burst? You have sword f1 or pindown for imobilize and as I said for example a pindown + fear kills some people nearly instant especally if you are in a group who can focus the target as well.
Trust me mate there is a reason why so many run fear me atm.

Grimkram [sS]