Warrior Stats

Warrior Stats

in Warrior

Posted by: Paddles.9073

Paddles.9073

Hi guys and girls, I am about to role a warrior and would like a little info about the best stats for my toon for pve situations, im looking at being able to deal a lot of damage in a short space of time so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Wayne

Warrior Stats

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

when ur starting out, should go for the defensive tree (toughness and healing) and put the signet of healing – its some mad heals at low level. and when you get adrenal health (15points into defense) things will get easy. rock a greatsword by the way, at least for leveling. 100b > all in PVE.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Warrior Stats

in Warrior

Paddles.9073

hey thanks man, i will try that out, my lowbie is lvl 2 and rocking a greatsword

Warrior Stats

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

on top of it there is really cheap buff food called mango pie that will give you 3rd regeneration (you can get 4th even from regen boosts, but hard to get).. when you can afford it (just a few copper per piece) it will make you last much longer. good luck with leveling =)

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Warrior Stats

in Warrior

Posted by: Beefcake.9032

Beefcake.9032

Psh, “healing & toughness”

Just go all damage and faceroll with your GS.

http://en.gw2codex.com/build/3779-mouse-s-leveling-guide

That guide describes where you can put your traitpoints. Also which skills are useful.

For leveling, stick with GS, grab Deep Strikes trait and equip (but don’t use) all signets for a decent crit-chance.

Wrainbash, Asura Warrior of Kodasch Allianz [KoA]
Du spielst auf Kodasch? Besuche doch mal die Kodasch Community Webseite! :)

Warrior Stats

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

yeah happy dieing to veterans and multiple mobs. that guide is crap and if you run into a dungeon with that build you gonna get kicked right away for being a clueless newbie, no offense.

Warrior Stats

in Warrior

Posted by: Beefcake.9032

Beefcake.9032

yeah happy dieing to veterans and multiple mobs. that guide is crap and if you run into a dungeon with that build you gonna get kicked right away for being a clueless newbie, no offense.

Rubbish. Multiple mobs are easiest with GS because of AoE. Veterans you may have to start paying some attention to his attacks as opose to playing brain-afk.

Obviously you’re not going to be running dungeons with that build but that’s not what OP asked for:

would like a little info about the best stats for my toon for pve situations, im looking at being able to deal a lot of damage in a short space of time

Answer to this is All-Signets + GS and not 15 points in Defense for adrenal health…

Wrainbash, Asura Warrior of Kodasch Allianz [KoA]
Du spielst auf Kodasch? Besuche doch mal die Kodasch Community Webseite! :)

Warrior Stats

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

pve includes dungeons. this signet build gives some good critical at low level, but thats its only point and besides that its useless. also you dont even learn to use your utility and healing skills.

by all means, try the signet build (you are in good company) – but get rid of it in good time, about lvl 40ish or before you go to a serious encounter like a dungeon.

(edited by Steelo.4597)

Warrior Stats

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

He asked for a build that does a lot of damage while leveling. 5 signets is the best way to do that.

I rolled pure glass from level 1 onwards and didn’t have a single issue in any zone while leveling, this includes dungeon runs. A lot of veteran mobs you can easily face tank while leveling using 5 signets (outside of dungeons).

Further going defensive while leveling is just purposefully gimping yourself and makes killing anything take longer than it needs to.

Also while greatsword is good my personal weapon combo of choice these days is axe/mace with longbow.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Warrior Stats

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

lol i used the signets build too while leveling when i was a newbie. dont tell me you can facetank anything more then 2-3 regular mobs. the point is you dodge and whirlwind and use the regen to kite untill you can do damage again, just like the people at lvl 80. with the signet build you either kill or die or run away. its a newbie build and you dont learn to play with it, an on top its also getting really bad performance-wise when you are out of the low levels.

Warrior Stats

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Yeah, he’s a newbie warrior, leveling? He asked for a build that does a lot of damage? Learning to use utilities isn’t all that complicated. Besides that I get the impression that the OP isn’t new to the game so learning utilities isn’t going to be that big of a deal.

Your advice is sound and all but it doesn’t answer the questions that were asked.

Warrior Stats

in Warrior

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

@OP: To level, put 10 points into Arms for +40 Precision for each unused signet. Use only signets, never touch them, and into your late 50’s you’ll have 100% critical chance. Use a food to steal life on critical hit to avoid death in the most insane situations. Have fun.

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

Warrior Stats

in Warrior

Paddles.9073

thanks for all of the advice guys, i have taken a lot of information in about both builds, i will give them both a go and see which is best for me, fellyn is correct im not new to the game i already have 2 lvl 80s, the reason i asked this question is because until today i have never played a tank class, i have always rolled dps or healer

Warrior Stats

in Warrior

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

If you are looking for a tank class, warrior might not be for you o.O
(0/10/0/30/30) D/D ele (yes a elementalist) is better at tanking than full defensive spec warrior.

I kitten you not on this matter.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

(edited by LieutenantGoogle.7326)

Warrior Stats

in Warrior

Paddles.9073

one of my lvl 80s is an elementalist, im not really a fan of it to be honest, lvling it was a bore