Warrior: Sword

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Sever Artery+Gash:
Each of these should apply ‘2’ stacks of bleeds for 4s.

Final Thrust:
This ability should interrupt as well as have a 0.5 recovery cut off so it responds faster.

Blademaster
Additionally Increases the base damage of sword’s auto-attacks by 25% to bleeding targets.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Sever Artery+Gash:

Final Thrust:
This ability should interrupt as well as have a 0.5 recovery cut off so it responds faster.

Blademaster
Additionally Increases the base damage of sword’s auto-attacks by 33%.

I can agree to this since we don’t have any other condition dot damage than bleeds or fire on different bleeds. This gives sword weapon some flavor.

For Blademaster increase base damage of sword’s auto attack by 33% as long there is a condition on it.

Pineapples

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I nerfed it a bit and changed it to your idea because it sounded better.

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

I nerfed it a bit and changed it to your idea because it sounded better.

It wouldn’t make any difference because Sword isn’t the burst / sustain weapon out there especially as condition damage build. You’re tickling your foes with sword base damage.

Pineapples

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Not really a point to use a sword, when I can use a rifle and do the same thing. From a safe distance.

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

Not really a point to use a sword, when I can use a rifle and do the same thing. From a safe distance.

The main point of using sword in control and conditions. In Tpvp or Spvp you can be slick using sword burst for immobilize and throw bolas. Engineers kind of counter it with ease being immune to it most of the times.

Pineapples

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Can just switch to longbow and pin down/then switch back to rifle.

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

Can just switch to longbow and pin down/then switch back to rifle.

I thought we were discussing about swords?

Off topic:
Nah that style isn’t my taste and probably would die more in a 2 vs 1 fight.

Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Sword can apply a stable, decent damage IMHO.

In the right build, you can deal around 1k on the first two hits and 2k on the third on eavily armored enemies. It’s 2.6k dps.

Maybe is not our best dps options, but I think it may be enough to kill someone.

And there are some builds where swords open up some neat optimization possibilities…

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

In the right build, you can deal around 1k on the first two hits and 2k on the third on eavily armored enemies. It’s 2.6k dps.

This thing would do those numbers against someone with less than 3285 armor, or 3559 on the third strike. Against someone with the “mythical” 2700 armor, it’d be dishing out 1216 on the first two hits, plus 2636 on the third, for a total of 5068.

I tried running a build similar to that one, but I found that the lack of condition damage made Flurry very weak, thus the build is very slow on killing things.

Personally, I really like Sword/Warhorn, but I don’t think that it can ever function as a direct damage set, so boosting the direct damage is kinda misguided.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I run a full berserker sword horn and IMO I feel it’s better than axe. I think axe number wise does more damage, but when your actually in the the fight you can only depend on one cripple and auto attack for damage and I feel like evis has too short of a range where I depend on a utility or shield to make sure it lands most of the time. Whereas the sword you have leap and a cripple and also your burst to help stick to your targets.

in Warrior

Olba.5376

I run a full berserker sword horn and IMO I feel it’s better than axe. I think axe number wise does more damage, but when your actually in the the fight you can only depend on one cripple and auto attack for damage and I feel like evis has too short of a range where I depend on a utility or shield to make sure it lands most of the time. Whereas the sword you have leap and a cripple and also your burst to help stick to your targets.

Axe alone isn’t that amazing. Personally I’ve tried various things with Axe/Shield, but none of them alone make the weaponset shine. Axe/Shield with GS, now that shines.

When I was playing with Sword/Warhorn, I found that while I had excellent mobility, ability to chase and lots of fun, it just didn’t have the kind of burst I like seeing.

I do have to admit that with Precise Strikes and a Superior Sigil of Earth, coupled with 100% crit rate, the amount of bleeds you can put up in a short amount of time is ridiculous. I think I averaged 17-18 bleeds on a max adrenaline Flurry, sometimes going to 20.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Warrior

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

*necro here but i do love my charrior alt*
Isnt sword kinda the hybrid weapon for warriors? It has higher base damage than condi weapons, has a "spike" at the end of the attack chain and the burst skill is there for a good immobilize (since as condi/normal attack you get slapped in the face by retaliation).

Then again i only pvp for derpz with my warrior: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAsXTjcOJvNPGPMxBgLDqWSzwu7SKEDNA-ToAg1CsIyRFkLITOSds6MKYJC - with this build...

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Warrior

Posted by: YuckaMountain.3786

YuckaMountain.3786

Sever Artery+Gash:

Final Thrust:

Blademaster
Additionally Increases the base damage of sword’s auto-attacks by 25% to bleeding targets.

I rather prefer it to be 2 stacks of bleeds for current duration, I happend to like the current control of the sword anyway, reducing the duration of bleed on sword would do the function of the weapon disservice because it is about conditions and control. There are better weapons for power dmg.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

Blademaster should add poison to final thrust

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

This thing would do those numbers against someone with less than 3285 armor, or 3559 on the third strike. Against someone with the “mythical” 2700 armor, it’d be dishing out 1216 on the first two hits, plus 2636 on the third, for a total of 5068.

I tried running a build similar to that one, but I found that the lack of condition damage made Flurry very weak, thus the build is very slow on killing things.

Personally, I really like Sword/Warhorn, but I don’t think that it can ever function as a direct damage set, so boosting the direct damage is kinda misguided.

You shouldn’t use Flurry at all: I use it paired with the bonuses from having a full adrenaline bar.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

As everyone seems to ignore my topic so i dont mind even trying to continue it, ill post it here.

1. Final Thrust – also applies poison for 3sec
2. Savage Leap – also blinds for 5sec
3. Hamstring – cd reduced to 10sec, range increased to 150
4. Impale – damage increased by 100%.
Rip – when enemy was hitted by impale, we can pull him withing 900 range (similiar to guardian gs 5)
5. Riposte – Direct damage increased to 1500 (at 2k power), cd lowered to 10sec

F1: Direct damage is the most underpowered thing ingame, total damage should be increased to 2000 (2k power)
Grants stability for skill duration

Blademaster – sword skill are faster by 10%

(edited by Scoobaniec.9561)

in Warrior

Olba.5376

1. Final Thrust – also applies poison for 3sec
2. Savage Leap – also blinds for 5sec
3. Hamstring – cd reduced to 10sec, range increased to 150
4. Impale – damage increased by 100%.
Rip – when enemy was hitted by impale, we can pull him withing 900 range (similiar to guardian gs 5)
5. Riposte – Direct damage increased to 1500 (at 2k power), cd lowered to 10sec

I like the FInal Thrust idea.

F1: Direct damage is the most underpowered thing ingame, total damage should be increased to 2000 (2k power)
Bleed damage: last 4sec longer

So you’re suggesting a base 6 second bleed with 8/10/12 stacks? I think that’s a bit high, considering that we get an easy trait for 50% duration. With 30 into Arms and a full set of gear with Condition Damage as the minor attribute, you’d be looking at 11,448 damage. Change it to minor and get an additional 50% condition duration and it’ll be 17,424 damage.

And that’s not even counting the additional bleeds you’d be getting from Precise Strikes. At 100% crit rate, you’d be looking at an additional 4 stacks for 6 seconds, for a total of 20,328 damage.

Blademaster – sword skill are faster by 10%

Honestly, I don’t think Blademaster needs to be changed at all. It fits together with traits like Precise Strikes and Critical Burst to create very high amounts of crit%, resulting in tons of bleeds.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Wanted to make it on pair with direct dmg but im not really into conditions builds. Nvm, removed it but added something diff

in Warrior

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

Warrior bleeds make for a great covering condition for other conditions like cripple and immob. We just can’t stack them quickly enough, often enough to make them a primary source of damage.

However, sword’s direct damage is pretty good. There’s a thread from a few days ago comparing weapon auto attack. The burst and mobility are a bigger difference than aa damage

in Warrior

Tetra Bug.7134

Warrior bleeds make for a great covering condition for other conditions like cripple and immob. We just can’t stack them quickly enough, often enough to make them a primary source of damage.

With a Sigil of Earth and Pin Down to lay down a base you can get some serious stacks going if you stick on a target. With Rabid Amulet/Jewel, 30 Arms and blademaster sword’s crit chance is really high. Condition warrior is fun in hot joins and it actually performs well against builds that give direct damage based ones some trouble. I run 5/30/0/20/15 (the 5 in strength so you can clear blinds with a dodge) sword/traited warhorn + longbow with sigil of doom on the horn and sometimes in place of earth on the bow, 2 centaurs runes, 2 lyssa, and 2 afflicted and you can actually maintain poison on a target while stacking bleeds and applying burns. It’s pretty nice actually. Not the best build but it melts bads in hotjoins and is a nice change of pace.

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

in Warrior

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

With a Sigil of Earth and Pin Down to lay down a base you can get some serious stacks going if you stick on a target. With Rabid Amulet/Jewel, 30 Arms and blademaster sword’s crit chance is really high. Condition warrior is fun in hot joins and it actually performs well against builds that give direct damage based ones some trouble. I run 5/30/0/20/15 (the 5 in strength so you can clear blinds with a dodge) sword/traited warhorn + longbow with sigil of doom on the horn and sometimes in place of earth on the bow, 2 centaurs runes, 2 lyssa, and 2 afflicted and you can actually maintain poison on a target while stacking bleeds and applying burns. It’s pretty nice actually. Not the best build but it melts bads in hotjoins and is a nice change of pace.

I agree with the poison on final trust.

This build started to make sense when used a sigil of doom in my off hand. If they could add a poison somewhere so that we could use another sigil. I think that the condi warrior would become a lot more viable.

I was playing with the offhand sword yesterday. While I like the diversity it bring (semi range and a block) I think that the block timer is a bit high.

Heiann – NSP

(edited by yanoch.7051)

in Warrior

Tetra Bug.7134

Poison in any capacity, even from a utility would make warrior conditions more viable. The damage is nice but it’s the heal reduction that is so good. If you were playing with the traits I suggested I’d drop 10 from tactics if you’re not using warhorn. Throw five in strength and grab restorative strength to rectify for loss of condition removal a bit and five in discipline for mobile strikes.

When you stick on a target there’s something to be said for the consistent bleed pressure a warrior can apply. It’s not as heavy as say a bleed thief but no one runs those anymore since there are over 9000 more effective ways to play thief. Anyway, with sword, the first minor trait in arms and a sigil of earth gives you up to 3 stacks of ~14s bleeding on two of the three autos. That’s something something that your enemy can’t ignore. But, with the number of ways pretty much all classes have to remove a condition the lack of poison really hurts. Warhorn offhand at least gives you weakness so with sigil or sigils of doom you can keep up five conditions, bleed, burn, poison, weakness and cripple.

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

(edited by Tetra Bug.7134)